Halo 4 Page 133

• Page

of 173 First / Last

• DFawkes 26 Nov 2012 15:30:27 22,072 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I thought they weren't out yet? It was confirmed on twitter that people that bought the LE and got the map code from that would get the extra stuff from the War Pass too, which hasn't happened yet.

Edit: Yes it has, I was being silly! I just hadn't noticed.

Edited by DFawkes at 15:35:27 26-11-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 26 November 2012 15:30:56
    Same old maps but as usual I had a huge amount of fun with Spartan ops. Need new maps if I'm to pay for the next series.
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 15:32:15 20,763 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    It would be better if they just gave the most popular maps a dedicated playlist and then take them out of the normal rotation. Isn't that what COD does?
    No, it'd be best if they just gave you a map and gametype, then one veto vote, a la Halo 3.
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 15:32:38 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    They're charging for the next series of Spartan Ops?

Hadn't heard anything about that. Is that something covered in the war games pass?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• morriss 26 Nov 2012 15:34:23 70,749 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Are you crying?
    Almost.
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 15:36:04 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    It would be better if they just gave the most popular maps a dedicated playlist and then take them out of the normal rotation. Isn't that what COD does?
    No, it'd be best if they just gave you a map and gametype, then one veto vote, a la Halo 3.
    Not sure I agree with that. I don't like being forced to play gametypes I don't like so I'm happy to have them separated out.

Three map choices and one veto would probably work though.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Derblington 26 Nov 2012 15:40:23 20,974 posts
    Seen 55 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It'd be best if they only made good maps and then put them all in rotation with no option to vote.

It's the voting process that breaks it.
  • SomaticSense 26 Nov 2012 15:44:55 7,050 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    Why does this game keep forgetting I have the Oceanic Armour and the other helmets from getting the War Games pass? Seems to happen every Monday.
    Could this be related to that annoying glitch that keeps periodically deleting all my loadouts?
  • SomaticSense 26 Nov 2012 15:49:46 7,050 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    RedSparrows wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    Not sure I agree with that. I don't like being forced to play gametypes I don't like so I'm happy to have them separated out.

Three map choices and one veto would probably work though.
    No map choice and one veto, ala Halo 3.

Democracy has only proven that most voters are dumb sheep...
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 15:50:35 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    It'd be best if they only made good maps and then put them all in rotation with no option to vote.

It's the voting process that breaks it.
    I think all the maps are good but people always seem to go for the ones with the cheapest/most easily exploited chokepoints. Like fucking Sword Base on Reach.

Plus if they removed voting there would be community outcry, so I don't see that happening.

• spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 15:52:39 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:

The problem with that is that people will always then just veto any map that comes up that isn't Rag or Haven on the first round. I don't see it really fixing much.

• SomaticSense 26 Nov 2012 16:01:14 7,050 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:

The problem with that is that people will always then just veto any map that comes up that isn't Rag or Haven on the first round. I don't see it really fixing much.
    Then there only a 1 in 4 (currently, pre-DLC) chance that the next map will be Haven, say. It still allows the option for a veto if the majority despise that particular map and prevents the Ragnarok/Haven spam we have at the mo.

It's the best available compromise.

@Derblington - Nice ideal, but no one will ever think every map is good in a game. Besides which, Haven and Ragnarok are both decent maps, so that's not the issue.

Edited by SomaticSense at 16:03:33 26-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 16:02:58 20,763 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:

You couldn't repeatedly veto maps on Halo 3. It worked alright.
  • Deleted user 26 November 2012 16:04:32
    darkmorgado wrote:
    They're charging for the next series of Spartan Ops?

Hadn't heard anything about that. Is that something covered in the war games pass?
    Not sure if covered but it is only season one free, so only one free episode left.
  • RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 16:06:14 20,763 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Spartan Ops is absolutely retarded, in terms of narrative.

As a bitesize chunk of Halo funtimes, it's a nice addition. But seriously, anyone could write a better script/plot/paced story.
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 16:07:30 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    darkmorgado wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:

You couldn't repeatedly veto maps on Halo 3. It worked alright.
    Hmm, I guess. It's been ages since I played Halo 3 online so my memory is hazy. I do remember the MP gui being awful though.

The Reach gui was perfectly fine, so why they decided to go for the terrible one in 4 is beyond me.

• RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 16:09:59 20,763 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Halo 3's UI was absolutely fine, aside from lacking a quick FL a la 2/Reach/4.

I am more used to 4's now, but Reach had it down pat. Silly.
  • SomaticSense 26 Nov 2012 16:10:31 7,050 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The story is a damn sight better told than the nonsensical bs that was the main campaign's narrative, which felt at times like a C grade GSCE project...
  • L_Franko Moderator 26 Nov 2012 16:10:49 9,690 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I miss Halo 3.
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 16:13:21 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've said it before and I will say it again - I still think they should offer Halo MP as a separate download with all collated maps in the same place.

Ship copies of new games in the series with one-time-use code that adds new maps to the XBLA mp game. So many classics fall by the wayside, and I do miss Firefight.

• spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 16:14:11 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    I miss Halo 3.
    I don't. Awful game.

• jambii267 26 Nov 2012 16:19:12 1,306 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I miss having multiple game types in a playlist, The Noble map pack playlist in Reach was great for this, as it literally had everything. Slayer, Flag, Assault, Invasion, Snipers. Nice Variety despite only having three maps.

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• RedSparrows 26 Nov 2012 16:21:27 20,763 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    The story is a damn sight better told than the nonsensical bs that was the main campaign's narrative, which felt at times like a C grade GSCE project...
    Rot. I don't care a jot if you hate the SP story, fine by me. But SPops has about as much narrative coherence/purpose etc as a boiled egg sitting in a vacuum.

Halo 3 was also terrific.
  • sanctusmortis 26 Nov 2012 16:23:05 9,590 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @revan8 Um, no. They said "Spartan Ops are free episodic cooperative content". They never said a price, ever; only, they are free. Oh, and a season is 10 Episodes, not 5. They just plan to have mid-season breaks.

I think, TBH, that's why it's XBL Gold only.
  • Fat_Pigeon 26 Nov 2012 16:27:16 9,790 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    jambii267 wrote:
    I miss having multiple game types in a playlist, The Noble map pack playlist in Reach was great for this, as it literally had everything. Slayer, Flag, Assault, Invasion, Snipers. Nice Variety despite only having three maps.
    this I agree with I also miss ordinary slayer. why isn't there ordinary slayer? normal team slayer/big team slayer. no ordinance set weapon spawns is all I want for Christmas

Anyways Borderlands tonight?

Edited by Fat_Pigeon at 16:27:29 26-11-2012
  • SomaticSense 26 Nov 2012 16:29:39 7,050 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    SomaticSense wrote:
    Rot. I don't care a jot if you hate the SP story, fine by me. But SPops has about as much narrative coherence/purpose etc as a boiled egg sitting in a vacuum.

Halo 3 was also terrific.
    It's got nothing to do with whether I personally hate the SP story or not. It was poorly written and relied far too much on the expanded fiction to explain what the hell was going on and how certain characters miraculously knew certain things.

At least the player doesn't feel like they missed the memo in SPops.
  • spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 16:41:25 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    It was poorly written and relied far too much on the expanded fiction to explain what the hell was going on and how certain characters miraculously knew certain things.
    Halo 3 was just as - if not more - guilty of this. It simply assumed the player knew everything there was to know about the backstory. When I first played it I felt completely lost as I never got round to playing 2 beforehand. It was a constant "why the fuck do I have an Elite friend? Who the fuck is this giant little shop of horrors reject? Who is this prophet bloke" clusterfuck, containing some of the worst SP level design I have ever come across in an FPS that decided Library wasn't bad enough so we should all have to endure Cortana to make up for it.

/old feelings of resentment

Edited by darkmorgado at 16:43:36 26-11-2012

• nickthegun 26 Nov 2012 16:46:55 55,903 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I hated return of the king for similar reasons. Having not seen the previous two I was all like "who the fuck are these little gay guys?" and "why are they heading into that volcano?"

Stupid trilogies.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 16:47:04 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SomaticSense wrote:
    At least the player doesn't feel like they missed the memo in SPops.
    I do. There is little narrative coherence between episodes (or even between chapters) and little premise. It also assumes you have gone into it after completing the campaign, meaning spoilers galore. Level design is great, but to say its narrative is better than the campaign is a joke.

• spamdangled 26 Nov 2012 16:50:01 27,197 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Yeah, I hated return of the king for similar reasons. Having not seen the previous two I was all like "who the fuck are these little gay guys?" and "why are they heading into that volcano?"

Stupid trilogies.
    Some effort at getting people up to speed would have been nice.

Luckily now we have Waypoint which does a lot to help people fill in the gaps, but H3 made no effort. Even a condensed recap on the main menu would have been better than nothing. And remember that a lot of people will have bought a 360 back then coming from PS2 rather than Xbox, so for them they weren't so much finishing the fight as just getting involved in it for the first time.

• Page

of 173 First / Last