Dexter Page 4

  • Page

    of 62 First / Last

  • MetalDog 23 Sep 2008 11:12:44 23,697 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yep, I disagree with peej's assessment of the books. Not high art, but decent enough and the second book >>>> second tv series.
    Haven't read the third book - kind of nervous to after the panning it's taken here, but what the hell, I ought to, given how full of wrong some of you are about the first two books ;)

    -- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

  • Telepathic.Geometry 23 Sep 2008 11:15:18 11,324 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeehaw! Torrents a go-go baby! /strikes Viewtiful Joe pose

    || PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

  • Dougs 23 Sep 2008 11:20:47 67,734 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The 3rd book is very different to the others imo. Much more introspective with internal dialogue, his doubts etc than flat out killing. Def worth reading though

    For the first time since I got Sky+ I'm tempted to acquire something.
  • Scurrminator 23 Sep 2008 11:35:08 8,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    whens the 3rd series actually air? i dont want to torrent it until the hd ones go up

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • figgis 23 Sep 2008 12:16:20 7,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    whens the 3rd series actually air? i dont want to torrent it until the hd ones go up

    The pre-airs for season 2 were out about three months before the series started. I'd forgot what was going on, wait for the HD rips.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2008 12:25:51
    New series starts properly in about a month I believe.
  • Scurrminator 23 Sep 2008 12:40:56 8,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    no, im pretty sure its this week or next week.

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • Deleted user 23 September 2008 12:44:07
    Well it was about a month from whenever the first leak appeared. Yes, it's September 28th.
  • President_Weasel 23 Sep 2008 12:49:37 9,330 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    The 3rd book is very different to the others imo. Much more introspective with internal dialogue, his doubts etc than flat out killing. Def worth reading though

    For the first time since I got Sky+ I'm tempted to acquire something.

    The 3rd book is the stinking dribble from Satan's arse.
    Not only did I not enjoy it and have to force myself to finish it but it managed to retroactively make me enjoy the first two books less, and want to punch the author in the face.
  • trav 23 Sep 2008 12:50:11 935 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wikipedia says September 28th for Series 3.

    I enjoyed the last two series and hope this one will be just as good.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2008 12:55:02
    Yeah I like already like said that?

    First episode was quite good I guess but it's so much less than it used to be now that it's being dragged kicking and screaming away from the very internalised darker origins of the first book. Good fun though, I'll give it that.
  • figgis 23 Sep 2008 13:06:47 7,376 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    trav wrote:
    Wikipedia says September 28th for Series 3.

    I enjoyed the last two series and hope this one will be just as good.

    Well then may have to acquire this then
  • cubbymoore 3 Oct 2008 21:47:57 36,496 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So much naked Rita, it's awesome :))))
  • Fatiguez 3 Oct 2008 21:51:24 8,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did you just watch episode 1, cubby?
  • Benno 3 Oct 2008 21:53:42 9,900 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rita naked = sexual profit
  • Dougs 3 Oct 2008 21:57:13 67,734 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    President Weasel wrote:
    The 3rd book is the stinking dribble from Satan's arse.
    Not only did I not enjoy it and have to force myself to finish it but it managed to retroactively make me enjoy the first two books less, and want to punch the author in the face.

    Sorry, only just seen this. Slightly harsh imo. As I say, it's just different. Took me a while to get into it too, but made much more sense after I stopped trying to think of it as "another crime book". The Dark Passenger
    was part of his make up in the first 2 books, it was just a greater look at what made him tick. Why didn't you enjoy it?
  • cubbymoore 3 Oct 2008 21:57:35 36,496 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fatiguez wrote:
    Did you just watch episode 1, cubby?
    Sure did.
  • Deleted user 3 October 2008 22:31:21
    Season 3 has begun?
  • Fatiguez 3 Oct 2008 22:34:34 8,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The pre-air was leaked about a month ago. Episode 1 proper aired on the 28th in the US. Episode 2 airs on Sunday, and I can't wait \o/
  • Deleted user 3 October 2008 22:43:43
    Cool :)
  • CosmicFuzz 5 Oct 2008 17:05:19 24,360 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    President Weasel wrote:
    The 3rd book is the stinking dribble from Satan's arse.
    Not only did I not enjoy it and have to force myself to finish it but it managed to retroactively make me enjoy the first two books less, and want to punch the author in the face.

    Sorry, only just seen this. Slightly harsh imo. As I say, it's just different. Took me a while to get into it too, but made much more sense after I stopped trying to think of it as "another crime book". The Dark Passenger
    was part of his make up in the first 2 books, it was just a greater look at what made him tick. Why didn't you enjoy it?

    The whole 'Dark Passenger being a prehistoric sentient parasite that was latching on to other life forms and making them kill before it found Dexter' completely ruined it for me. It almost felt like science fiction.

    We're back! Our gaming podcast Open Source returns after a break with a look at Destiny, Minecraft and more. Check us out! (And give us a rating on iTunes please!) :)

  • Flightrisker 5 Oct 2008 17:34:57 18,138 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    Dougs wrote:
    President Weasel wrote:
    The 3rd book is the stinking dribble from Satan's arse.
    Not only did I not enjoy it and have to force myself to finish it but it managed to retroactively make me enjoy the first two books less, and want to punch the author in the face.

    Sorry, only just seen this. Slightly harsh imo. As I say, it's just different. Took me a while to get into it too, but made much more sense after I stopped trying to think of it as "another crime book". The Dark Passenger
    was part of his make up in the first 2 books, it was just a greater look at what made him tick. Why didn't you enjoy it?

    The whole 'Dark Passenger being a prehistoric sentient parasite that was latching on to other life forms and making them kill before it found Dexter' completely ruined it for me. It almost felt like science fiction.

    Dear god i'm glad they left that out of the series.
  • Deleted user 6 October 2008 09:27:29
    eds up ep2 available now
  • Flightrisker 6 Oct 2008 23:08:56 18,138 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Reallly liking the look of season 3.
  • Fatiguez 7 Oct 2008 15:14:48 8,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That was awesome, as always. Totally agree with Flightrisker, this is going to be excellent.
  • Bloodloss 7 Oct 2008 18:43:00 4,499 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Very good episode.

    Anyne know the song that was playing when Freebo was walking around in his apartment when Dexter enters for the second time? 'Crash and burn' were the lyrics but it must be an obscure song because i can't find it anywhere. Getting on my tits now.
  • Fatiguez 7 Oct 2008 19:00:38 8,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The lyrics sounded more like 'slash and burn' to me, but maybe not. Dunno if that might help, I can't be bothered to search :p
  • TheSaint 8 Oct 2008 11:13:31 14,412 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Don't know the name of the song but it sure was long, playing while Dexter was in the house and still playing after he had been dragged to the garage and then still playing when Jimmy Smitts was in the house.

    Anyway I enjoyed the second episode Dexter wiping the knife on Smitts was intriguing.
  • Scurrminator 8 Oct 2008 11:17:46 8,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hmmm, did he do it on purpose so that he has a getout should Smitty grass him up?
    I thought that Smitts was going to catch him in the act and then Dexter would let him kill Freebo.
    I have a feeling Dexter is going to start training Smitty up to kill people the way he does. The whole overturned case angle fits with this. I think the guy that turns out to be innocent will be released and then Smitts will go kill him.

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • Fatiguez 8 Oct 2008 17:32:32 8,738 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Don't know the name of the song but it sure was long, playing while Dexter was in the house and still playing after he had been dragged to the garage and then still playing when Jimmy Smitts was in the house.

    I noticed that too! :D
  • Page

    of 62 First / Last

Log in or register to reply