Dexter Page 52

• Page

of 61 First / Last

• oceanmotion 27 Nov 2012 14:46:19 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, pity he is gone now, best part of this season.

Right in thinking Hannah doesn't look too comfortable with Dexter in that last scene ? I think she may be killed before the end of this season.

Could Quinn be more pointless, he must be going soon too.

Dexter is never going to jail so I think Debs will eventually have to kill him next season as he tries to survive by killing anyone to get away but eventually caves to save Debs career as he can't kill her to escape from some cornered situation or perhaps finally realises he is just a cold killer and Debs has no choice as he tries to kill her or someone else in front of her.

Doakes should replace Harry in his head.

Edited by oceanmotion at 14:48:17 27-11-2012
  • Whizzo 27 Nov 2012 15:20:08 42,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm going to have to get around to watching my Rome BRs I bought recently for some more Ray Stevenson awesomeness, sad to see Isaak go as he was a really good character.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 28 November 2012 00:58:36
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Right in thinking Hannah doesn't look too comfortable with Dexter in that last scene ? I think she may be killed before the end of this season.
    No fucking shit. She's this years Disposable Love Interest.

Nice move getting rid of the only decent new character three episodes from the end. Thank god they kept boring stripper bitch and boring strip club owner.
  • mikew1985 3 Dec 2012 21:58:58 12,051 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was easily the worst episode of Dexter ever. So so so so so bad. Boring, stupid characters, contrived stupid arcs created and horribly finished in one episode.

Terrible branching plots. Boring over use of boring peripheral characters.

Worst season yet so far, even worse than 3 somehow.
  • mikew1985 3 Dec 2012 23:07:29 12,051 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I was seriously so bored throughout the entire episode. The whole thing with Hannah's father was unintentional comedy gold. Quinn's incredibly boring story continued to be so. The "twist" with the fire Guy was so predictable and the subsequent investigation into the real fire Guy was also terrible.

So much happened but that's the problem, there are so many threads the writers don't seem to be able to sew them together in any sort of a convincing or interesting pattern.

La Guerta and Tom just make me want to tear my eyes out in boredom.

It was the first time ever I just could not wait for the end of the episode to come.
  • Mark1412 4 Dec 2012 02:05:02 499 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah all that was shit and it was clumsily handled but it's finally picked up where season 5 should have started. They need to ditch the Quinn bullshit and all the other crap they keep introducing and just focus on Deb vs. Hannah, Deb vs. Dexter and Dexter vs. The Miami PD. Those last two have been the only stories left to deal with since Rita died and Hannah's the only interesting character they've introduced over the last three seasons. Shame we had to go through seasons 5, 6 and most of 7 to get here but there we go.

• whatfruit 4 Dec 2012 12:00:07 1,080 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I quite enjoyed the last episode, well everything apart from Quinn, but your fooled if you think he is going anywhere he fufills the part of "man candy" for the female demographic of the shows audience so he is regretfully here to stay.

I liked the fact that for 9 episodes LaGuaerta has been going round in circumstantial evidence circles, before admitting that it was too hard for a poor female brain and had to ask a man, who told her to use simple logic to find out why Doakes was at the cabin. If Matthews had been on the case Dexter would have been caught back in season 3. Maybe he was the one decent policeman in Miami Metro.

I'm hoping that this Quinn nonsense is going somewhere,or it was just a cheap lazy ploy to wrap up the Koska brotherhood storyline once and for all.

I quite liked Hannah's father but this chiefly because the actor playing him was the sublime Jim "Ellsworth" Beaver.

I'm hoping that with dEXTER'S relasiation that he has no "Dark Passenger" will stop him using the phrase 10 times a bloody episode.

Does anyone know if Yvonne whatchamacallit is signed on for the next season? I have a horrible feeling that because she is a guest star she is going to be killed/imprisoned just to wrap things up nicely.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 10 Dec 2012 09:06:03 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    from the teaser for next week...
    Doakes! Probably an in his head Doakes...but still

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Darren 10 Dec 2012 14:04:00 8,320 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wooooooh, what a terrific penultimate episode this week's Dexter was. And the finale looks even better if the clips at the end are anything to go by.

Dexter is making too many mistakes. I knew that LaGuerta had freed the guy Dexter was about to chainsaw into pieces near the end as it was just too convenient. And why on earth Dexter thought killing him on the first day of his release wouldn't go unnoticed I don't know. Also by letting Deb arrest Hannah at the end, he's opening a whole new can of worms as she isn't going to go down without a fight and she knows everything about Dexter's past. The shit must surely hit the fan next week and I easily see this season ending with Dexter going on the run as surely his days are numbered, even with Deb's help?

And did Deb spike the water herself to incriminate Hannah? With the Deb-in-love-with-Dexter subplot then it seems possible that she may have done it, not just because she cannot bear to see Hannah free, but also to get her brother back. Or is that too far-fetched even for Dexter?

And don't read this if you don't want next week's episode spoilt but... ... was that clip with Doakes at the end saying "Surprise, motherfucker" one from his earlier sasons or is he going to make a shocking appearance in the closing moments of episode 12 and be the cliffhanger? Seems unlikely as he was confirmed dead from the dental records of the burnt corpse found at the cabin.

Whatever, it looks like LaGuerta knows for sure that Dexter is the Bay Harbour Butcher and the clips seem to imply that Dexter will take drastic action which would just be silly if you think about it, given that her disappearance would only raise suspicions not subdue them.

Next week cannot come soon enough even though I know the long, long wait until the final season 8 is going to be frustrating. Terrifically entertaining TV and by far my favourite show at the moment.

Edited by Darren at 14:22:27 10-12-2012

Edited by Darren at 13:26:53 11-12-2012

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 3 GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Dangerous_Dan 10 Dec 2012 15:02:19 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Have saved up the last 6 episodes or so, knowing full well that I don't want to watch it on a weekly basis towards the end.

So is it good? Compared to the other seasons.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 10 Dec 2012 15:15:16 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The first six episodes were (so far) better than the last six :-(

• Scurrminator Moderator 10 Dec 2012 15:19:21 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Darren I cannot find a clip of that line being said in that setting...

• oceanmotion 10 Dec 2012 19:12:56 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I thought Debs may have drugged herself but seems a bit dangerous to fake a car crash like that but I also think Hannah probably didn't do it, she would have made sure as she said. Perhaps her drugged up friend did it.

Bit daft to let her go to jail, Hannah will just tell on Dexter.

Not sure how Dexter can get away with this one, the kill set up with chainsaw and following Dexter there. He is surely fucked. Not like it was just LaGuaerta at the scene.

Only outcome I can see is pinning that particular kill attempt on Hannah after he told the story of his childhood and Dexter got called to met her unaware what she was up to.

Dexter on the run for a season, not sure what his motive would be for during that.

That lovely lady from Fringe is in next season.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 10 Dec 2012 20:03:01 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Deb said last week she was on drugs to help her sleep. I reckon it was an accident maybe?

• oceanmotion 10 Dec 2012 20:14:04 15,243 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Remember he tested the water bottle, someone mixed a heavy dose in that.
  • Deleted user 10 December 2012 21:24:26
    Dangerous_Dan wrote:
    So is it good? Compared to the other seasons.
    They killed the only interesting new character pretty early on and it has just descended into the usual "can a monster love?"-disposable girl-o-the-year shite like every other season. Add a layer of mostly who-gives-a-shit subplots and it's been pretty mediocre overall.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 10 Dec 2012 22:26:45 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The most important thing is DOAKES MOTHERFUCKER!

• Dangerous_Dan 13 Dec 2012 11:45:10 2,175 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks for the infos.

Have watched now up to episode 9 and I'm asking myself why they killed THE nemesis of Dexter in season 7 that early.

So far season 2 impressed me the most while season 3 was the biggest let down.

From what I know, season 1 and 2 are close to the book. While for season 3 they made up their own plot, figured out that it didn't work that well and so came back for later seasons to basically repeat the arcs of season 1 and 2 again with slight changes.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 13 Dec 2012 11:57:07 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Season 2 was awful. By far the worst (if Lila 'pardon my tits' was not there it would have been great).

• whatfruit 13 Dec 2012 12:45:51 1,080 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Season 2 was the bomb because it was the only series to have both Doakes Lundy, and Matthews in major roles, also no Quinn and minimal Batista.

Lost all respect for Deb this week, she is worse than Dex. He kills people for fun and doesn't lie about it. She blatantly poisoned herself to trick Dex into helping her, knowing that the only thing that would stop Dex proetcting Hannah was if she was in danger.

From the "next time on dexter" ending it looks like hannah is going to kill herself.

Scene of this week was Quinn getting dumped by Nadia through a message delivered by a bored stripper.
  • Zizoo 13 Dec 2012 12:49:11 7,705 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    whatfruit wrote:
    Season 2 was the bomb because it was the only series to have both Doakes Lundy, and Matthews in major roles, also no Quinn and minimal Batista.
    Doakes was awesome!

Also, I'm not convinced that Deb drugged herself.
  • whatfruit 13 Dec 2012 12:56:36 1,080 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    whatfruit wrote:
    Doakes was awesome!

Also, I'm not convinced that Deb drugged herself.
    While I am not 100% sure that she didn't drug herself. I am 100% sure that Hannah didn't do it.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 13 Dec 2012 12:59:09 8,286 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yeah the whole Quinn thing was like 'the fuck!?'

• Razz 13 Dec 2012 12:59:27 59,994 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If that's true, it still doesn't explain why there isn't support for classic/classic pro controllers. :(

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Whizzo 13 Dec 2012 13:07:43 42,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Razz wrote:
    If that's true, it still doesn't explain why there isn't support for classic/classic pro controllers. :(
    Given the fact that Louis is dead I don't think classic or pro controller support is going to happen in Dexter...

Edited by Whizzo at 13:07:55 13-12-2012

• neilka 13 Dec 2012 14:59:30 14,942 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The pro controller was the Bay Harbour Butcher :o
  • Whizzo 13 Dec 2012 15:00:56 42,760 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Dexter's Dark Passenger is in fact a game player who controls him, the whole series is really in a Matrix like world.

• Page

of 61 First / Last