Random rants that don't warrant their own threads Page 283

• Page

of 303 First / Last

• Rusty_M 15 Feb 2014 18:17:11 4,692 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why is the last page showing as November 2013? I suppose someone deleted a post.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• DrStrangelove 19 Feb 2014 04:52:26 4,002 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It sucks having a great controller for PC games, but games having a fixed huge dead zone to compensate for the X360's shoddy thumbsticks.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 04:54:22 19-02-2014
  • Mola_Ram 19 Feb 2014 04:55:04 7,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You can change dead zone settings with something like Xpadder. But yeah, it sucks that you can't do it through official game settings.
  • DrStrangelove 19 Feb 2014 13:19:00 4,002 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Isn't Xpadder for key+mouse -> joypad simulation?
  • Mola_Ram 19 Feb 2014 13:31:32 7,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well yeah, but you can also adjust dead zones with it.
  • Jeepers 19 Feb 2014 18:48:36 13,181 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fuck me. The cunt on the train next to me has just finished his egg sandwich and is now tucking into wasabi peanuts.

Stinking bald cuntfuck bitch.
  • PrivateFloyd 22 Feb 2014 21:55:57 4,135 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Working in leisure sometimes makes me despair for the human race.

"Can I have a refund please it is way too cold in there it's ridiculous"

"Sir it is an indoor snow slope."

"Yes I'm aware of that but surely it does not need to be that cold."

Face. Palm. Fuck. Off.

Goat is hungry.....

• JoeBlade 24 Feb 2014 20:07:30 2,545 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Two days ago my fridge suddenly started producing the foulest of the foul odours imaginable. I mean "Satan himself having both vomited and shat extensively over the thing followed by Mowgli in a drunken stupor doing exactly the same" levels of vile corruption.
    Bizarrely, the smell came exclusively from the back of the fridge.

Today I finally figured out what was going on: apparently there's a little tray above the motor that gathers excess water during a defrost cycle and a tiny amount had gathered there. For some reason it suddenly turned mouldy yielding aforementioned results.

I henceforth bow to the power of nature, being able to produce such utterly vile odours from a tiny bit of stale water.

Not sure that qualifies as a proper rant.
  • werewolf_poo 24 Feb 2014 21:31:26 166 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The silent treatment

Me and the girlfriend have been going for a while now and have been looking for houses to rent etc...

Basically (without blurting my whole pathetic love life on here) I was getting insecure and a bit needy! Dont get me wrong it was well justified. She flipped and said she needed space and it was making her unhappy having to "walk on egg shells" about hurting my feelings and saying the wrong thing.

ANYHOO what is it with woman and needing "space" to think and giving the silent treatment, we havent went a day without at least texting for about 8 months!

I'm pulling my hair out!! I said I wouldn't text her and give her space but I'm losing my mind! If you dont "want/love whatever" the person then just tell them. Its horrendous!

Rant over
  • jonsaan 24 Feb 2014 21:33:40 25,352 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    /Stealth 'I have a girlfriend post' ;)

FCUTA!

• Psychotext 24 Feb 2014 21:35:26 54,217 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's usually because they want to fuck other men to make sure that they're not making a horrible mistake staying with you. Don't worry, she'll be back once she realises what a catch you are.
  • Deleted user 24 February 2014 21:35:27
    /stealth werewolves have too much hair to pull out and resort to internet forums for advice
  • Dolly 24 Feb 2014 21:46:58 3,225 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's a shit one werewolf, been there myself in a big way. Please, please take my advice and play the silent game right back at her with NO exceptions. She won't miss you if you're still popping up every 5 minutes for her not to miss.
    Feel for you though man, 'snakes with tits' etc
  • werewolf_poo 24 Feb 2014 21:51:10 166 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Dolly Thanks for advice, Aye thats what everyone says. Just leave her to it and if it really means anything she will be in touch. So fucking difficult to not just lose my rag and tell her to BOLT. If I didnt care so much I would have told her to do one two days ago lol

Edited by werewolf_poo at 21:52:12 24-02-2014
  • kinky_mong 25 Feb 2014 10:28:24 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Best way to take your mind off her is to get some strange.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• Tonka 26 Feb 2014 08:17:47 20,438 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kick her the fuck out.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Load_2.0 26 Feb 2014 08:23:31 19,283 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sounds awesome, she sounds really cool and you should definitely stay with her.
  • Mr-Brett 26 Feb 2014 09:18:41 12,799 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No my rant but a really good one.

You kinda know where this is headed when you read "Trenchcoat, fedora".

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• DrStrangelove 27 Feb 2014 20:26:05 4,002 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    People standing still right after stepping off the escalator, checking their phone or whatever, and blocking the way of the following people.

Deliberately being a twat or really so fucking dumb?
  • thelzdking 27 Feb 2014 20:53:37 4,367 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    People standing still right after stepping off the escalator, checking their phone or whatever, and blocking the way of the following people.

Deliberately being a twat or really so fucking dumb?
    Yes, and shop doorways. And people standing in groups in the middle of supermarket aisles having a good old chat.
  • DrStrangelove 27 Feb 2014 21:16:36 4,002 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @thelzdking

Yes, although in those instances you can at least wait for them to get out of the way. On an escalator, it's not just antisocial, it's braindead.
  • beastmaster 6 Mar 2014 13:55:39 11,418 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pah!

I had some holidays signed off ages ago for a week tomorrow. You get time off approved, you make plans.

Some other dude comes along and tries to book the same day off today. The new boss comes over and says "You'll have to fight it out between you". We're both senior team members.

Err...shouldn't you take some managerial responsibility and tell the person who's not booked first that he can't have it?

Anyway, we've worked it out and I've still got my time off. I'm off over Easter week and booked a holiday abroad. I got this signed off a couple of months ago and made it clear that I won't be fighting with anyone over this.

What really fucking annoys me is this. It's the way it was handled. If someone booked some time off before me and I was told I couldn't have it, I'd have no problem with that whatsoever. Not "Fight it out amongst yourselves!".

I always work over Xmas (including on call) as that's never really bothered me, so everyone on the team can take the time off. So it's not as if I come in at the start of the year and book off the big holidays. It's also the first Easter break I've taken since starting here over three years ago.

And yes, Titanfall may have something to do with that specific Friday :-)

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• mrpon 6 Mar 2014 13:58:05 28,922 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I was with you till the last sentence.

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• RedSparrows 6 Mar 2014 17:52:29 22,741 posts
    Seen 29 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    buzfeed, upworthy and all that other shit. Fuck off. Ditto 'heartwarming' stories of how some kiddy managed to fix/save/rescue something or other, and how it 'reminds you that the world isn't such a bad place' as if we're all fucking kids ourselves.*

*not gonna correct that last phrase.

Edited by RedSparrows at 17:52:47 06-03-2014
  • Salaman 6 Mar 2014 18:30:37 19,068 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    'reminds you that the world isn't such a bad place' as if we're all fucking kids ourselves.*

*not gonna correct that last phrase.
    I think the right phrase is "faith in humanity restored".

Ugh
  • Mr-Brett 6 Mar 2014 18:43:41 12,799 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    17 Bullshit saccharine stories told in kat gifs that you can post on Facebook and if anyone doesn't like it, then they hate life.

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• pacrifice 9 Mar 2014 20:22:52 1,079 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Mar 2014 20:44:38 1,694 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @beastmaster

Punch your boss in the balls! Sounds like a shit manager

Same thing sort of happened with me, I book 2 weeks off at easter as well. Co-worker thinks she has first dibs on EVERY holiday because she has got some muppet kid
  • jablonski 9 Mar 2014 20:55:34 4,147 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    @beastmaster

Punch your boss in the balls! Sounds like a shit manager

Same thing sort of happened with me, I book 2 weeks off at easter as well. Co-worker thinks she has first dibs on EVERY holiday because she has got some muppet kid
    Fucking parents get on my tits with holiday booking.

Throw a fucking tantrum if they don't get their days.
    "You haven't got kids, why do you need between Christmas and New Year off?"

Because I have a family too you fucking self-obsessed "rest of the world does't exist only my Sally and Jack" cunt.
  • skuzzbag 9 Mar 2014 22:29:04 5,648 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There are 850 people that work at my place and about 1/3 of them are women. However there always seems to be about 15 women off at any one time having yet more babies.

That can't be normal.
  • Page

of 303 First / Last