**Official** Zelda: Twilight Princess discussion thread (Spoilers)

• Page

of 17 First / Last

Previous
  • Kay 7 Dec 2006 17:23:02 17,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I know that quite a few of you will be getting the game today/tomorrow, and will probably want to start discussing stuff that's about the actual game, as opposed to the release date, the title, the availability, the review scores, the anticipation, the EG review etc.

So I've made this spoiler thread in advance, just to keep it seperate and safe from the 20 or so other TP threads that are out there. Mainly because I won't be playing it until next year.

So, er... I guess you can all start discussing. Or wait for the game to arrive.

K
  • Kay 8 Dec 2006 11:07:44 17,407 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep. Y'all just continue on with your discussion.

K
  • silentbob 8 Dec 2006 11:08:54 28,919 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Less Jibba Jabba!

VR News: www.roadtovr.com -- Follow us on Twitter.

• wizbob 8 Dec 2006 11:09:17 762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can use '2' to hide the map on the left hand-side, but is there any way to get rid of the button strip on the right? I don't have a widescreen telly, so they are really getting in the way.
  • silentbob 8 Dec 2006 11:10:02 28,919 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wizbob wrote:
    You can use '2' to hide the map on the left hand-side, but is there any way to get rid of the button strip on the right? I don't have a widescreen telly, so they are really getting in the way.
    One advantage to having the game before the console, I've actually bothered to read the manual. :)

• wizbob 8 Dec 2006 11:11:49 762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    silentbob wrote:
    wizbob wrote:
    One advantage to having the game before the console, I've actually bothered to read the manual. :)

That's just boring. Instead I have iteratively pressed every button on the controller in sequence and then cursed a bit. I'll give you twenty rupees if you tell me how it's done.
  • silentbob 8 Dec 2006 11:13:34 28,919 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    wizbob wrote:
    That's just boring. Instead I have iteratively pressed every button on the controller in sequence and then cursed a bit. I'll give you twenty rupees if you tell me how it's done.
    That's certainly my preferred method of gamplay learnage. :)

• Derblington 10 Dec 2006 14:17:09 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I f*cking love this game!

I'm in the Goron Mines at the moment, just about to get a new weapon. I must be at least 13 hours into the game now, in the 2nd "dungeon" and it's just fantastic.

There have been a couple of little things that have disappointed me, for instance: when Link uses the metal boots and uses the magnetic rock to walk on the walls/ceiling his hat and scabbard aren't effected by gravity. Tiny little attention-to-detail things that really don't break the game at all but annoy me all the same.

Easily my GOTY so far and I can't see myself becoming disappointed with it the more I play. Absolutely fantastic game.
  • wii.wii 10 Dec 2006 14:18:58 156 posts
    Registered 8 years ago
    ****SPOILER*****

shoot the boss in the eye and put on yer (heavy) dancin shoes....pull the chain on his foot and stab him in the eye...wash, rinse and repeat if neccessary

Edited by wii.wii at 14:24:59 10-12-2006
  • thefilthandthefury 10 Dec 2006 15:39:27 24,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How can I enter the room containing the boss of the Forest Temple? I've swung over on the chain of monkeys but I can't seem to find the key (or whatever you use to open the chains).

Now I remember how bad I've always been on Zelda :( haha.
  • Derblington 10 Dec 2006 15:39:30 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just before the boss in the Mines there's a large room with suspended walkways and orc archers. It has 2 chests in the top right corner (when viewing the map) but I can't get to them. Any ideas?
  • Derblington 10 Dec 2006 15:41:47 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    How can I enter the room containing the boss of the Forest Temple? I've swung over on the chain of monkeys but I can't seem to find the key (or whatever you use to open the chains).

Now I remember how bad I've always been on Zelda :( haha.

It's in the room that's to the left of the one you're in I think. Use the Gale boomerang to move the platforms and climb the wall to go through the door (where the last monkey was, I think).

Edited by Derblington at 15:41:55 10-12-2006
  • DFective 10 Dec 2006 15:51:32 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    First dungeon boss was really good.

*Spoiler*

The bridge bit on the horse was excellent too.

Edited by DFective at 15:54:19 10-12-2006
  • thefilthandthefury 10 Dec 2006 15:54:33 24,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bah, I still can't seem to find it. I got the key that was in the chest in that room, if indeed we're talking about the same room. Oh well, I'll save it and then when I turn it back on I'll be at the start of the dungeon. That way I can check every single chest now that I have the compass and see what's there.

Thanks anyway. I'm just shite with anything remotely puzzle-y, haha.

Edited by thefilthandthefury at 15:54:50 10-12-2006
  • thefilthandthefury 10 Dec 2006 16:09:31 24,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah I figured it out. I'd missed out the puzzle where you had to use the boomerang to blow the windmill things in a certain order to get the massive key. Doh!
  • Derblington 10 Dec 2006 16:10:35 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I realised it was that one but couldn't be arsed to type it as I thought you'd stopped playing :)
  • thefilthandthefury 10 Dec 2006 16:21:08 24,904 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Haha no worries. All sorted now and I have to stop playing now anyway. Off to a friends house to play multiplayer games on the Wii for the first time. Should be good.
  • Trowel 10 Dec 2006 16:40:28 16,892 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Perhaps I've missed something, but what's the point of Navi as the pointer?
  • Agent_Llama 10 Dec 2006 16:49:40 3,252 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The game has frustrated me lots so far, especially the stupid bridge and horse duel which was a case of random controller swinging, but I'm still playing... 23 hours in, gained the Master Sword... hurrah...

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola

• DrCongo 10 Dec 2006 16:59:00 912 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    First off, thanks to Maven for the help in the other Zelda thread, found the missing monkey soon after :)

I just completed Forest Temple. Coolest thing so far: soon after getting the boomerang, I went into a room with a bridge in the middle and a goblin (or whatever) at either side. As a lark I decided to throw the boomerang at a goblin, it didn't hurt him but apparently messed up his head so that he walked off the cliff he was standing on and plummeted to his death :D

Also the loads-of-monkeys-trapeze made me LOL.

Forest Temple was, all in all, sooo good. Now the only problem is I want to play the game 24/7 and I have work tomorrow :(
  • Derblington 10 Dec 2006 17:06:33 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DrCongo wrote:
    I just completed Forest Temple. Coolest thing so far: soon after getting the boomerang, I went into a room with a bridge in the middle and a goblin (or whatever) at either side. As a lark I decided to throw the boomerang at a goblin, it didn't hurt him but apparently messed up his head so that he walked off the cliff he was standing on and plummeted to his death :D
    I just used the bow in a combat situation for the first tim and that has become thestandout moment for me so far - 7 enemies in less than 5 seconds. The Wiimote is great as an aiming device in this game (better than Red Steel, which is a bit of a shame).
  • WinstonChurchill 10 Dec 2006 17:22:50 137 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Just before the boss in the Mines there's a large room with suspended walkways and orc archers. It has 2 chests in the top right corner (when viewing the map) but I can't get to them. Any ideas?

I had the exact same trouble. The lower chest on the map is underwater and contains 50 rupees, so isn't that interesting.

The upper chest looks like it's where the 4 archers were. I couldn't reach it so just finished the dungeon instead. I think you might have to use the "magnet crane" that goes towards the final boss and jump off halfway or something.
  • Derblington 10 Dec 2006 17:26:58 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    WinstonChurchill wrote:
    I had the exact same trouble. The lower chest on the map is underwater and contains 50 rupees, so isn't that interesting.

The upper chest looks like it's where the 4 archers were. I couldn't reach it so just finished the dungeon instead. I think you might have to use the "magnet crane" that goes towards the final boss and jump off halfway or something.
    Yeah, I found the underwater one now too.

I cannot get to the top one though - I think you may need to come back to the Mines later in the game once you have a few more gadgets...
  • Derblington 10 Dec 2006 18:14:42 20,987 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished the mines - excellent boss!

15 hours in, 2 dungeons down and 6 hearts. And I just bought the Hyrulian shield :)
  • DFective 10 Dec 2006 18:24:09 2,013 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Am I the only one with a strange attachment to Colin?
    Just did the Fire Dungeon, yays.
  • Razz 10 Dec 2006 18:52:33 60,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I just started the Death Mountain bit with Link. I climb a fence and get owned by a Goron, I'm beginning to think it;s impossible for me to grab him with my current skils :/ Should I head back to the (desolate with crap music) Kakiro Village?

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 10 December 2006 18:55:20
    Derblington wrote:
    Just finished the mines - excellent boss!

+ about 57 billion. Good dungeon, though I was disappointed it never really stumped me in any way. Mind you, it is only the second one...:D

Other great bits...

- The horseride from Kakariko village back to Ordon village the first time you get Epona back. Cantering through the woods as the sun set was an absolute spine-tingler for me, and made me entirely reconsider my original conclusion that the first village wasn't very nice looking.
    - The cutscene after you free the light spirit at Lake Hylia - genuinely chilling, I thought (Link with those eyes, gyarrggh!). In fact, a number of the cutscenes I've thought were astonishingly well done.
    - The 'protect the wagon' set piece. O_O
  • Razz 10 Dec 2006 19:46:47 60,045 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OMFG! Jousting on the castle rooftop FTUFW! :)

This is most amazing Zelda ever. :)

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• wizbob 11 Dec 2006 02:00:08 762 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Trowel wrote:
    Perhaps I've missed something, but what's the point of Navi as the pointer?

That's been bothering me too. I notice it sometimes shifts to a target highlight, maybe you can use it later to fire a projectile without actually switching to the weapon? Less use than tits on a boar-hog.
  • WinstonChurchill 11 Dec 2006 09:26:02 137 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nekotcha wrote:
    - The cutscene after you free the light spirit at Lake Hylia - genuinely chilling, I thought (Link with those eyes, gyarrggh!). In fact, a number of the cutscenes I've thought were astonishingly well done.
    - The 'protect the wagon' set piece.

Yes, yes, yes.

Link's "descent into madness" was really great, and the upside down Ilia's floating around was pretty spooky. The protect the wagon bit was great. I enjoyed getting one over again on that now-shielded moblin.
  • Page

of 17 First / Last

Previous