Has Been Heroes Page 7

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• BigOrkWaaagh 27 Apr 2017 14:53:45 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    RageBoy wrote:
    I just got defeated by the penultimate boss, it was a two stage fight with two bosses in each. I dealt with the first two easily enough but the next two were immune to all elements, were fast, had very high stamina, could teleport two thirds of the way across the screen, could freeze the entire party every 30 seconds AND self heal.

Got one of them down to about half health but there's no way I was going to win.

First time I've felt the game has been completly unfair.
    I haven't come across that boss, it's not the two golem like things is it?
  • Carlo 27 Apr 2017 15:04:40 19,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh Works out about 30 delivered so 50% more expensive than downloading it (which was mainly so my kids can borrow it off me if they feel like playing it on their switches.

Might as well get the digital copy I think. Thanks though!
  • Carlo 27 Apr 2017 15:25:31 19,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bought! Another one sold by BigOrk!
  • rice_sandwich 27 Apr 2017 16:05:15 3,269 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Carlo

Please try not to beat it on your second go!
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Apr 2017 16:16:16 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Don't download the patch for the true experience!
  • RageBoy 27 Apr 2017 19:26:03 395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Urm...don't hate me, but I just completed my 6th run.
  • rice_sandwich 27 Apr 2017 19:34:03 3,269 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @RageBoy

What's your win percentage?
  • RageBoy 27 Apr 2017 19:53:31 395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    rice_sandwich wrote:
    @RageBoy

What's your win percentage?
    I've played 14 games, won 6 and lost 7 according to the in-game stats. I'm not sure where the extra game is.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Apr 2017 19:54:13 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RageBoy Which one's that?
  • RageBoy 27 Apr 2017 20:19:19 395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    @RageBoy Which one's that?
    The 6th pirate dude - the one that uses wind power to push you back.

I had SIX of those skull thingys floating around with me by the end - they were very helpful.

There is an enemy that has 3,000 health that seems to give you cash every time you hit him - twice I had around 900 coins, meant I could afford most items and spells I came across.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Apr 2017 20:53:43 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RageBoy I hate you.
  • RageBoy 27 Apr 2017 20:58:59 395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @BigOrkWaaagh I know. I'm sorry :/
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Apr 2017 21:09:23 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @RageBoy So how did you deal with being frozen off the edge of the screen? I was handling things pretty well until that BS.
  • rice_sandwich 27 Apr 2017 21:12:34 3,269 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    :D
  • RageBoy 27 Apr 2017 21:29:52 395 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    @RageBoy So how did you deal with being frozen off the edge of the screen? I was handling things pretty well until that BS.
    Okay, warning for spoilers if people don't want to know the tactics...

Initially he only targets a specific character so I used a protect spell just before he cast the spell to prevent that character from being frozen.

There are guys with one 1 HP that run towards you during battle - if you kill them, you become immune to wind attacks, so by the time he was targeting all 3 characters, 2 of them weren't affected.

My rogue was frozen (for a long time) and I used a combination of spells to keep the enemies in his lane from reaching him - I had the full complement of 15 spells and pretty full items as well.

I had two wind spells myself - which became very useful for pushing back minions, allowing me focus attacks on the static barriers you have to destroy.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 27 Apr 2017 22:00:43 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I haven't encountered a single wind spell vendor so far :/

I was able to cope when one of my guys was frozen, but once it was two at once that was it. I can't believe those guys grant immunity. I thought they had immunity - d'oh!
  • Carlo 28 Apr 2017 00:21:00 19,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Did about 20 runs, saw the half way boss about 3 times. Didn't kill him once.

Game is hard. Good though, and a great game to have o the switch for a short play.

Thanks guys, may not have bought it if I'd listened to the reviews and not you.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 1 May 2017 16:03:48 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm on the penultimate level of a really good run. I can beat most battles with enemies just having entered the screen, so far I've not even come close to being overrun. I've also just given one of those golden axe goblins an absolute pasting and have 950+ gold. I wonder how it will all fall apart this time?

Edited by BigOrkWaaagh at 16:04:09 01-05-2017
  • BigOrkWaaagh 1 May 2017 20:03:38 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    S U C C E S S

That's the way you spell success! \o/
  • DangerousDave_87 1 May 2017 20:55:20 2,713 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Argh. I still need to get on this! God damn Mario Kart getting in the way.
  • brigadier 2 May 2017 05:32:48 957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Been thinking about picking up a physical copy of this. Is it a game you can just pick up and play for a few minutes at a time, or do you really have to dedicate time to it each play session? I know the portability and sleep mode of the Switch can negate those but doing that often takes me out of the game.
  • rice_sandwich 2 May 2017 06:17:16 3,269 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @brigadier

Sessions take longer and longer as you progress through the game. A run through to the first final boss takes 15-20 minutes. Later runs might take upwards of 2 hours. That said, fights only take a few minutes each so it's an ideal game to pick up and play as the mechanics aren't complicated.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 2 May 2017 07:16:19 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @brigadier You can play for a few minutes at a time. As rice_sandwich said, in the early stages you can conceivably knock a run out in one session. However my runs are up to about 2 hours now, but I will beat (or not) one over a few sessions. The way it works is that you have multiple levels consisting of one map with lots of individual nodes that are linked together. So say you travel to the first one, it's a shop so you stock up. Then the next one is empty, but it branches off, so you can choose a battle or another shop. Then after that it's another battle. And so on and so on until you hit the boss. Each battle only lasts about 2 minutes, as they're all on a timer, although using the pause will increase the time they never really take longer than about 10 minutes. The game saves after each node you visit so you can always suspend at a natural point and come back to your run later.
  • brigadier 6 May 2017 00:51:52 957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So my copy arrived yesterday, played about an hour or so.

So far, so good. And difficult! I've gotten used to the battle mechanics which seemed confusing at first but still not sure on the rest of the mechanics. I've died a lot although I can now pretty much get to the final boss on the first "chapter" (I don't really know if this is a good way to put it) every time. But he always overwhelms me.

Without wanting to be spoiled too much, since I like figuring things out myself, the only thing I want to ask is what are the unlocks you get after dying? You get two items at a time but for the life of me I can't figure out if they actually do anything.
  • Ghibli 6 May 2017 02:23:05 242 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The unlocks at that stage are generally extra spells and equipment which have a chance of being acquired in your next run through. I think that's the case anyway.

Reminds me. I must get this done. I'm on the 5th boss now. Just got distracted by Persona 5 and MK8.
  • brigadier 6 May 2017 14:33:00 957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    After 22 tries, I completed the first run \o/
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 May 2017 14:44:02 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @brigadier Congrats!
  • brigadier 7 May 2017 09:40:07 957 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Completed the second run! \0/

Think I'm starting to get the hang of this. At first I was avoiding battles at all cost before I got to the boss in order to save stamina, but that seems to be a mistake. Once I started taking the longest route around getting as many spells and items as possible, it sort of clicked. Still really difficult though!

Thanks for the positivity in this thread as I would never have considered it otherwise. It's still early days yet for me playing but it definitely could be quite a hidden gem.
  • rice_sandwich 7 May 2017 09:43:11 3,269 posts
    Seen 15 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @brigadier

You should do a review, if you haven't already.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 7 May 2017 11:19:38 6,816 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    You should definitely try and do as many battles as possible as that's what gets you gold, and occasionally keys and candles. Then you can buy more spells and items which will make you more powerful. This is absolutely vital in the later stages, if you try and fly through the levels you will die!
  • Page

of 8 First / Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.