Xbox One: The New Eurogamer Batch Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • neuroniky 3 Sep 2013 01:01:06 51 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    36, father of one AWESOME kid, and having an XBO (Day 1 ed.), Dead Rising 3, Watch Dogs, Battlefield 4 and Forza 5 on preorder.

Which is a TON of stuff that should keep me busy for some time (expecially since I've got some variety of genres there).

Still a lot curious about both Quantum Break and Sunrise Overdrive too, and probably getting NBA2k14 and/or Madden 25 if they turn out to be significantly better than their old gen counterparts (which won't happen).

LOTS of potentially interesting things from launch to Titanfall, which is why I ended up cancelling my PS4 order... aside from Killzone (which I was moderately interested in) there wasn't a single exclusive game they showed that captured my attention. Every single game I liked from their conference was for the Vita, and I'm a very happy N3DS owner, so that's a no-no anyway. Also, I trust Microsoft far more than Sony in delivering a quality online multiplayer experience, Sony multiplayer has always been sketchy to say the least.
  • Khanivor 3 Sep 2013 02:05:50 40,776 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Damn, this thread is lurker bait.

/readies chainpitchfork
  • Widge Moderator 3 Sep 2013 11:28:25 13,593 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Donk10 wrote:
    Mine is due up this week and I'm not sure if I'm gonna renew it. Most of the games I've had of it I've completed or got bored of and after November or when we get the xbone I can't see me using my ps3 for a long while.
    I'm running with it, I know it'll trojan a PS4 into my house eventually. In my situation, the PS4 has to battle with the PC for affection. I can upgrade my PC, it has Steam sales, it has all the current gen games running at next gen specs. Pretty hot. Also, most of the games appear to be coming out on PC anyway. Sorted me last generation, a combo of a Sony and a PC pretty much offers up every decent game out.

BUT.

If PSN+ keeps racking up titles for the PS4, there comes a point where it just makes sense to grab the fucker, especially with that Vita hookup. Same thing happened with the Vita. Stuff like Uncharted, Gravity Rush, MGS, all the indie titles, amassed. Made the purchase of the hardware a no brainer.

Come end of November, I'll already have Drive Club and Resogun waiting for me.
    PS3 will remain, for those exclusive moments, especially since it still has a release schedule to come.

In a few years, the PC will outstrip the consoles and that will become the primary platform for multiplats (in fact, it probably is, edges the PS4 in terraflop - theoretical, I know), then it'll be back to Sony for the exclusive stuff. Possibly, for that reason, I'm only going to jump into the console thing next gen once the prices get low.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Maturin 3 Sep 2013 11:38:44 3,006 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've got a Day One pre-ordered along with the LE version of Forza 5. Haven't decided on any other games yet. Oddly tempted by Ryse.
  • Britesparc Creative, ITV 3 Sep 2013 11:45:35 1,904 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where do you guys find the time? I've got a one-year-old and I'm lucky if I spend two or three hours a week on the Xbox.

It took me about 18 months to complete Mass Effect 3!
  • Bremenacht 3 Sep 2013 11:55:47 18,286 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Woohoo - about time someone started a pre-order thread. \o/

I've put in a pre-order for my Christmas Turkey and for my Christmas Goose. I might pre-order both from the farm shop too, just to cover things and 'cos I've got a sneaky suspicion that Turkey will be popular at Christmas, even though the Goose fanboys claim Goose tastes better! Yadda-yadda. Goose fat may be the Goose's USP but I've always had Turkey and don't want to change.

Picked out some possible multi-platform stuffing flavours but I'll finalise them closer to the time. Excited!
  • Vortex808 3 Sep 2013 12:36:13 7,153 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Britesparc wrote:
    Where do you guys find the time? I've got a one-year-old and I'm lucky if I spend two or three hours a week on the Xbox.

Pfft. Once they're older you just tell them to go and play in the traffic and leave you in peace.

Or play late at the weekends once they are in bed and the wife has gone to bed too.

The second option is the one with less risk of squashed kids and an annoyed wife.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 3 Sep 2013 12:45:24 38,251 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Woohoo - about time someone started a pre-order thread. \o/

I've put in a pre-order for my Christmas Turkey and for my Christmas Goose. I might pre-order both from the farm shop too, just to cover things and 'cos I've got a sneaky suspicion that Turkey will be popular at Christmas, even though the Goose fanboys claim Goose tastes better! Yadda-yadda. Goose fat may be the Goose's USP but I've always had Turkey and don't want to change.

Picked out some possible multi-platform stuffing flavours but I'll finalise them closer to the time. Excited!
    You want this thread: http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/thread/224215

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• GD71 3 Sep 2013 17:08:16 36 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Britesparc wrote:

At that age you should have loads of time. At one they are so easy. :)

Mine are 5 and 8. I get a couple of hours on Sat and Sun morning whilst they play with their toys or watch cartoons in Netflix. Maybe an hour or two through the week. I'm not gonna give up gaming as a result. 500 quid every 8 years as a birthday pressie is no big deal.
  • robthehermit 3 Sep 2013 17:18:05 4,075 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Mine are 22 and 24, and no longer at home. The biggest obstacle to my gaming time is Mrs Hermit and her Minecraft addiction. My gaming is mostly done in my lunch hour, and between 11pm and 2am.

As for Xbone preorders, I have the Day One console, DR3, Ryse, AC4 Skull Edition and an extra controller on order. Might cancel DR3 and Ryse and pick up download copies instead. Thinking about only getting special editions of games as physical copies this gen, and going download on everything else.

GT: robthehermit

Velim esset mundus iustus futuis procul et mori.

• jiveguy 3 Sep 2013 21:23:42 843 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    sherpa1984 wrote:
    I ordered it from the MS store last week. I'm not sure if I'll still get it for release- does anyone know?
    I ordered though the MS store via the 360 dash. The order shows up under my account but it's still pending. It did give me some sort of pre-order achievement saying something about day one but that probably means nothing.

Live: BocoGuy | Steam: jiveguy | Origin: Boco

• griff_dai 3 Sep 2013 23:01:51 420 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Out of some close mates, everyone on my friends list on Xbox has pre ordered the Xbox one.

My best mate has ordered one for him (we love FIFA) on pre text it's for the kids Xmas.

My bro tonight phoned me asking if I still had pre orders as my eldest nephew has now started asking for one. I cancelled em last week as he said he couldn't make his mind up.... So all these people mentioned are between 37 to 39.......nice demographic for Xbox???
  • clockworkzombie 4 Sep 2013 07:44:59 379 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I ordered my console some time ago. I am still thinking about what games to order. I want TitanFall but that is not launch. All my real life friends are buying PS4s so the multiplayer is not an issue. I have one of those ordered too.

I am going to order Ryse and one other. If my 360 joystick worked on the one I would pay the unlock for KI, sadly not to be.
  • ILoveThrashMetal 4 Sep 2013 07:49:39 729 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wish they would hurry up and announce a release date so I can book a day off!  Swines

Arsechickens

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next