PES2014 and FM2014?
  • Matt36 13 Sep 2013 14:16:28 1,368 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    FIFA 14 & FM 14 ;)
  • wayneh 14 Sep 2013 17:54:18 2,354 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    For any one who regularly plays Ultimate Team the webapp is now live. Unfortunately so are the auto-buyers and hackers the top trader on xbox already has 3.6M and the top PS3 trader has almost a 1M. That will be the market screwed again for another year. EA as usual are doing nothing.

Act like a dumbshit and they will treat you as an equal

• JYM60 14 Sep 2013 18:31:47 16,832 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the demo plays really good. Everything else about the game looks identical to the last game though, aside from the awful looking menus. That's a bit disappointing.

Will get it for ps4 when its down on price a bit. All I play it for these days its for versus with mates on the couch.

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• elephantjuice 14 Sep 2013 18:31:52 676 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The more I play this the more I like it. The ability to shield the ball (and hold up and bring others into play) is a brilliant addition. Plays a much more realistic game than 13 did imo.
  • THFourteen 14 Sep 2013 22:12:30 33,629 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I cant work out the nuances yet. So far crossing is much better, and players make runs off the ball better, but that seems about it to me. The animations have been cleaned up theres less impact engine hilarity, but the overall game plays exactly the same IMO.

Oh and the gfx seem much crisper on PC this year

Edited by THFourteen at 22:13:00 14-09-2013
  • THFourteen 15 Sep 2013 19:20:20 33,629 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.moddingway.com/file/36885.html

mod for the demo adds some extra teams. No real faces though and uses last years stats.
  • Deleted user 23 September 2013 11:46:05
    When would reviews be available for this?
  • Ziz0u 23 Sep 2013 13:36:07 8,399 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does the Xbox 360 version use the ignite engine?
  • imamazed 23 Sep 2013 15:23:41 5,727 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    More of the same then. I skipped on FIFA 13 due to overfamiliarity, so will probably leave this again. PES2014 or nothing then.
  • killersrquiet 23 Sep 2013 15:56:17 2,020 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Reviews appearing from other sites as well. Fifa 13 was a complete killer for me, so much scripting and the same two goals scored repeatedly meant i got rid of it after 4 weeks. I have the same feeling with the fifa 14 demo, its certainly an improvement but the mechanics feel virtually the same.
  • elephantjuice 23 Sep 2013 16:15:14 676 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Good reviews coming in so far.

I'm holding out for the PS4 release but after getting off to a shakey start with the demo, I've grown to really like the improvements.
  • alexm 23 Sep 2013 16:25:17 276 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Played a lot of the demo now (on top difficulty setting) and stand by my earlier impressions that it's the best football game I've ever played and a brilliant representation of real life footie.

Not found a single easy/cheat way to score goals yet and don't understand the review claiming it lets people exploit pace - not on the top difficulty it doesn't. Massive upgrade from Fifa 13 and last year's PES in my opinion - will get for PS4.
  • elephantjuice 23 Sep 2013 16:30:26 676 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @alexm

Seems as though the review was based on Ultimate Team which plays very differently from the other modes. Although I enjoy the card collecting/trading aspect in UT I much prefer the gameplay of Career Mode where the pace of play is a lot slower and plays a better game of football.
  • alexm 23 Sep 2013 16:32:55 276 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @elephantjuice I've never played Ultimate Team - isn't that something when people pay more money? Sounds awful
  • elephantjuice 23 Sep 2013 16:44:18 676 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Itís a free-to-play mode with micro-transactions but you don't have to pay a penny if you don't want to. A virtual currency (coins) is used to bid on and trade players (in the form of cards) to build a fantasy team. You start off with a crap team and earn coins by playing games (winning = more coins than a draw or loss). The option is there to buy packs of player cards with real money but can also be bought with coins.

It's good fun in it's own right and I suspect a lot of people play Fifa purely for Ultimate Team but as I said, the gameplay feels too fast and arcadey (for my liking anyway.)
  • killersrquiet 23 Sep 2013 16:45:41 2,020 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It was an ultimate team review. Nothing more, nothing less.

@alexm

I really cant agree that fifa is a realistic example of football, even when real life football resembles ping pong, its nowhere near the sillyness of fifa.

I'm not saying that pro evo is anymore realistic however it does depict a better example of the real game.

I do like fifa when its good - ie fifa 10 :)
  • killersrquiet 23 Sep 2013 16:47:29 2,020 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    From what i gather from those with early access the abuse this years stems from the easy crossing/header goal scenario.

Its a nice joy each year:)

My friend has early access and he loves it so i will certainly give it a go, if i dont like it then pes 2014 will be £20 in a matter of weeks anyhow:(
  • elephantjuice 23 Sep 2013 17:07:59 676 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @killersrquiet

Headers definitely seemed OP to me in the demo. Playing as Man City I had Aguero consistently beating the likes of Thiago Silva, Pique and Mexes in the air.

I found scoring from crosses to be too few and far bewtween in 13 but it sounds as though it's gone too far the other way now.
  • TheMilkman 24 Sep 2013 02:37:41 216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I really liked the demo, but I've been playing the early release and once you play it online you realise they have screwed it up somewhat. The more laboured touches and heavy control has resulted in an online game were no one plays football. It's just long ball over the top as soon as people get it cos keeping possession is too difficult.

It didn't seem too bad in the demo against the AI, but when a human opponent is rushing defenders at you it really falls to pieces and just doesn't feel responsive enough.
  • simsini 24 Sep 2013 10:12:11 316 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @TheMilkman That's how I've felt trying to play PES 14 online so far. Both games should punish pressure/pace abusers by giving them less stamina.
  • TheMilkman 24 Sep 2013 10:24:22 216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeh I totally agree. After a bit of practice you can knock the ball around quite nicely in FIFA but it's useless cos the opposition can just sprint all around the pitch at a hundred miles an hour pressing you for the entire game. It has 'contextual pressure' now so all their AI will start pressing like mad at the same time too. It makes trying to pass the ball around and build play a horrible experience.

I'm really disappointed. The online modes on FIFA have been superb over the past few years but they have ruined it. It's such a damn shame. It's not about playing football at all, it's about waiting for a mistake and then just lobbing it forward. Every goal I have scored or has been scored against me has been from an interception and then immediate through ball. FIFA 13 may have been super fast an unrealistic but the fact you had immediate control over your players just made the game fun online. It's not really fun now, it's just a slog.

Gutted PES sounds the same.

Edited by TheMilkman at 10:26:38 24-09-2013
  • killersrquiet 24 Sep 2013 12:35:37 2,020 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oh dear, the online sounds even worse than FIFA 13 and thats saying something. The more i hear about this game the less interest i have in wasting time on a game i'll trade in a few weeks through rage quitting it.

Edited by killersrquiet at 13:37:00 24-09-2013
  • scott1987 24 Sep 2013 12:48:08 123 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Looking forward to getting this on Friday, though im not sure when i will get a chance to paly it.
  • TheMilkman 24 Sep 2013 13:31:58 216 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Oh dear, the online sounds even worse that FIFA 13 and thats saying something. The more i hear about this game the less interest i have in wasting time on a game i'll trade in a few weeks through rage quitting it.
    To be fair you might like it then. I really loved the online in FIFA 13. Ultimate Team was too fast, but the actual head to head was pretty much spot on I reckon.

I'm trying to get on with this version but it's just annoying to play. I get they are trying to go for a weighty more realistic feeling, but if people wanted that then Killzone would be more popular than COD.

In single player it works, but online any lag you get just makes the sluggishness ten times worse and it becomes a bit of a nightmare.
  • killersrquiet 24 Sep 2013 13:39:45 2,020 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    TheMilkman wrote:
    killersrquiet wrote:
    Oh dear, the online sounds even worse that FIFA 13 and thats saying something. The more i hear about this game the less interest i have in wasting time on a game i'll trade in a few weeks through rage quitting it.
    To be fair you might like it then. I really loved the online in FIFA 13. Ultimate Team was too fast, but the actual head to head was pretty much spot on I reckon.

I'm trying to get on with this version but it's just annoying to play. I get they are trying to go for a weighty more realistic feeling, but if people wanted that then Killzone would be more popular than COD.

In single player it works, but online any lag you get just makes the sluggishness ten times worse and it becomes a bit of a nightmare.
    I'm very much on the fence at the minute between FIFA and PES. I only have time for one. I might wait a week or two after FIFA's release and see what the mass complaining is about.

I can see how the online would be frustrating with the mechanics EA have introduced.
  • Page

of 25 First / Last