Guacamelee! Page 6

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• dsmx 25 Apr 2013 23:47:37 7,732 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing with the jaguar boss is that you need to learn how do dodge roll his attacks then move in for the kill, takes a bit of practice but once you learn his patterns his easy to beat.

I got to 100% on my normal difficulty playthrough today, that platforming bit on top of the tula tree is going to annoy a shit load of people. Oh yeah and the ending and credit sequence changes if you manage to get 100% finished before you fight the final boss.

I'm going through it on hard now, enemies do more damage and take more hits to knock down so it should be interesting.

In short I really like this game, but I'm not sure why some people were getting annoyed at it every enemy attack has a pre animation that gives you time to dodge it so it's simply a case of watching and learning.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Roddy100 26 Apr 2013 01:46:47 783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @dsmx Thanks dsmx. I was getting him down to about a third of his health and then timing my attacks badly thus messing it all up. It was a bit late at night and I was pretty tired so that may have had something to do with it.

Will be giving it another go tonight once the kids are in bed and I get some "me" time.
  • Murbs 26 Apr 2013 08:23:08 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Took me a fair few efforts to beat him last night but was determined to do it. At times I'd not even get a hit on him but as is usually the case, when I eventually got him my health bar was still looking fairly good :-)

Good game though. Hard, but good. Determined to polish it off now before moving on to anything else or I doubt I'd ever get back into it.
  • aros 26 Apr 2013 09:26:52 3,423 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Super Mario Brothers bit was brilliant.
  • dsmx 26 Apr 2013 09:27:40 7,732 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    By the time I got to the end I found the combat rather easy because I'd learned what to look for with regards to enemy attacks the hardest part is the platforming with the switching planes and skills you have to use at the same time.

Only trouble is if you don't 100% it is the ending,well it's not happy I'll put it that way.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Flying_Pig 26 Apr 2013 09:28:23 11,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Doh - can't believe I was stuck in the Temple of the Rain - went back to it this morning and did it first time. It seems I was trying to overcomplicate things :)

In the Desert now, with those bloomin' grenade throwing cacti!

This game ticks so many of my boxes - satisfying combat, challenging platforming, great humour and worth-while exploration.

I just need to finish it over the next week before Soul Sacrifice arrives
  • Murbs 26 Apr 2013 09:32:18 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Enough with the 'Soul Sacrifice' talk!
  • aros 26 Apr 2013 11:03:40 3,423 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Doh - can't believe I was stuck in the Temple of the Rain - went back to it this morning and did it first time. It seems I was trying to overcomplicate things :)

In the Desert now, with those bloomin' grenade throwing cacti!

This game ticks so many of my boxes - satisfying combat, challenging platforming, great humour and worth-while exploration.

I'm happy for this to be a side game for Soul Sacrifice - I'm really worried about not having finished Sly 4 by the time SS arrives! I'm about to face the Black Knight I think, having destroyed his production facilities in my last job. On 28/30 bottles for the England area too from exploring and pickpocketing enemies to build up money to buy skills - looking for the remaining 2 in a huge area is like a needle in a haystack though.

I've got so many unfinished side games though :( There's lots I want to finish too. I might focus on Rocketbirds on Sunday and try and complete that.

Edited by aros at 11:04:09 26-04-2013
  • Murbs 26 Apr 2013 11:31:43 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I've got so many unfinished side games though :(
    Terrible. You wouldn't find me getting into that situ... Oh.
  • Flying_Pig 26 Apr 2013 14:27:02 11,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    aros wrote:
    I'm really worried about not having finished Sly 4 by the time SS arrives! I'm about to face the Black Knight I think, having destroyed his production facilities in my last job. On 28/30 bottles for the England area too from exploring and pickpocketing enemies to build up money to buy skills - looking for the remaining 2 in a huge area is like a needle in a haystack though.
    Did you open the safe in Episode 3? It makes finding clue bottle much easier!
  • aros 26 Apr 2013 15:08:01 3,423 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I didn't but Ill go back to try and get it, thanks
  • Gregolution 26 Apr 2013 15:26:56 3,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:

Exactly how I feel.

PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

• Murbs 26 Apr 2013 15:30:55 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's just strayed too far over into overly tricky territory for me to truly love it. I will finish it (probably tonight in fact), but that'll be it for me. No second run through for trophies.
  • Gregolution 26 Apr 2013 15:45:07 3,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The top of the tule tree was about the most stressful, rewarding platforming I can remember. Absolutely loved it.

• Kangoo 26 Apr 2013 16:01:17 1,023 posts
    Seen 7 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished the tree and absolutely loving this, started playing it a couple of nights ago and can't get enough.

Soooo satisfying when you complete a tricky platforming section, reminds me a bit of Rayman when the difficulty goes up, loved that as well.

After Mutant Blobs, Drinkbox will have my money the next time they release something.

PSN: Adwab2

• Flying_Pig 26 Apr 2013 16:20:22 11,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    After Mutant Blobs, Drinkbox will have my money the next time they release something.
    Yep - definitely!!
  • Flying_Pig 26 Apr 2013 20:50:46 11,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Beat X’tabay (or whatever her name is) on my way home. Not too tough - some very fair check-points.

Off to some tree place now...

I think one of the key aspects of this game which really adds to the experience is that most of the platforming sections are relatively risk free - enabling you to experiment, but also persevere on the tough bits.

Loving this.
  • steveb07 26 Apr 2013 21:03:17 880 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Totally stuck in the forest with no idea how to get out or where to go. Getting frustrated with it all now. Will try again later I suppose...

PSN: IIIQuid

• Roddy100 27 Apr 2013 02:43:09 783 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Played again last night and beat the jaguar on my first go. Headbutt was incredibly helpful. I'm up to the final boss now but thought I'd save it until my next session as, once again, it was getting a bit late at night.

I really love this game and don't want it to be over.

Edited by Roddy100 at 03:11:41 27-04-2013
  • Gregolution 27 Apr 2013 09:53:58 3,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    steveb07 wrote:
    Totally stuck in the forest with no idea how to get out or where to go. Getting frustrated with it all now. Will try again later I suppose...
    Select for the map. Usually shows you where you need to go for the story.

I'm a bit stuck on getting 100% on every level before doing the final boss, but still love it

• Flying_Pig 27 Apr 2013 10:03:02 11,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tule Tree is tough
  • bunglebonce 27 Apr 2013 10:59:48 2,228 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The jaguar took me a few goes, and timing the dodge rolling is important, but what helped for me was gripping the side of the arena high up - the boss only has one attack that can get you up there, so you can fly across the arena when you know it's coming. Watching the animations to each attack from afar makes assaulting him much easier.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• steveb07 27 Apr 2013 15:42:16 880 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    steveb07 wrote:
    Select for the map. Usually shows you where you need to go for the story.

I'm a bit stuck on getting 100% on every level before doing the final boss, but still love it
    Yes, I can see an arrow and location but its figuring out the glowy blocks you can smash to progress

PSN: IIIQuid

• Gregolution 27 Apr 2013 21:34:59 3,970 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished, loved it. Take all my money from now on drinkbox.

Straight into hard play through I go!

• Murbs 27 Apr 2013 22:01:00 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hard? Not a chance here.

Last boss is doing my nut in, not sure I can stick with it... Too hard :-(
  • Murbs 27 Apr 2013 23:03:03 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And finished :-)

Enjoyed that final battle once I got into it...
  • Flying_Pig 28 Apr 2013 09:26:05 11,506 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tule Tree done. A few really challenging sections, but not too bad overall. Now onto the Temple of War :)
  • Trowel 28 Apr 2013 10:06:10 18,070 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Tule Tree done. A few really challenging sections, but not too bad overall.
    Hah, wait till you go back! ;)
  • Murbs 28 Apr 2013 12:40:38 22,591 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Finished up the side quests and I'm done now. That's enough for me. 7 probably spot on overall, Mutant Blobs is the better game for me. Definitely in for whatever Drink Box put out next though.
  • chessboxer 28 Apr 2013 13:01:14 250 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This game is awesome. I've just 100% all areas and I'mon my way to the last boss. Platforming is easy with controlled flight.

I've also just found the Journey character dead in the snow, that made me chuckle.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last