Zavvi Online, buyer beware!

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • coolio 4 Apr 2013 00:20:30 33 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HI I just wanted to post about my experience with Zavvi.com. I admit they have been acceptable in the past but my recent experience with them was terrible. This conversation sums it up. Buyer is me by the way. Please ignore if this is in the wrong section.

Sent by: You. 25 February 2013, 13:24

Hi, I pre-ordered 2 Persona 4 Golden on PS Vita and you sent me an email stating you couldn't take payment from my card for this order even though I clearly had enough money. I couldn't be bothered waiting so I cancelled this pre-ordered order and ordered it from another online shop that is more reliable. Guess what, you charged me for it. Yes, you charged me 52.16 just like that. I now have a debt on my personal bank because I didn't know you charged me for something I already cancelled successfully. I probably now have to pay a bank charge because of you. It is not fair that I have to pay for your mistake. I would like my money back and some compensation. I have proof on my statement that you charged me 52.16 for a pre-order I already cancelled successfully. I hope you take this seriously and reply me ASAP.

Thanks for your time.

Sent by: zavvi. 27 February 2013, 11:52

Hello Buyer,

Thanks for getting in touch about your order.

I am sorry for the delay of response, I can confirm that this has now been added on to our refund sheet and you should receive your refund within 3-5 working days.

Thanks again for getting in touch.

I do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Chris

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

Sent by: You. 18 March 2013, 13:51

March 18th and still no refund on my card. I have proof that you still not refunded me. I had to add more money onto my account before I was charged for overdrawing my bank account. Why is it that you still have not refunded me? It's been about 3 weeks for god's sake. I know your known for being slow but come on, it's my money you took out when I cancelled the order. Yes, I cancel my order and you still take money out like it was your own bank account. If you do not refund me, I will contact watchdogs because I need the money. It may not seem much to you but it's a lot to me. You should compensate me because of the time you taken to refund me. I hope you take this seriously because I'm an active member on hotukdeals.com, they should be able to help me to get my OWN money back.

Sent by: zavvi. 19 March 2013, 13:28

Hello Buyer,

Thank you for getting in touch to request a refund.

I am so sorry that this has failed to appear for thisd length of time.

It was due to a failure of IT department and finance teams to resolve a technocal issue - this has now been resolved so I have requested the refund be actioned.

This will be refunded back to your **debit card / credit card / PayPal account** and usually takes 3-5 working days.

Once again please accept my apologies.

If you have any problems with this refund or should you have any further questions, then please do not hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,

Justin

Zavvi.com Customer Service Team

I am still trying to get my refund back at the time of posting.
  • ibenam 4 Apr 2013 00:39:19 1,346 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cool story bro
  • Jazzy_Geoff 4 Apr 2013 00:50:46 7,767 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Fucking hell
  • RobTheBuilder 4 Apr 2013 00:59:49 6,521 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nasty. I've heard dodgy things about them now, people not getting consoles, and pre-orders being cancelled without notification prior to launch day.
  • neems 4 Apr 2013 10:52:53 1,151 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You need to get your bank (or your credit card company, whichever) actively involved in this. Tell them exactly what has happened, and ask them to charge back / hand it to their fraud investigation team.

I would also recommend that you actually talk to somebody at Zavvi, I assume they must have a contact number. They will have the ability to action a refund immediately (it may still take a few days to show up in your account of course).
  • GuiltySpark 4 Apr 2013 11:01:05 6,322 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Whilst that all sounds very shitty, you sounded like a cunt from your very first email.

I wouldn't be in a rush to do anything for you, you seem like one of those customers.

Get bent.

• Mr-Brett 4 Apr 2013 11:11:25 12,723 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I sympathise with your problem, it's really crappy service and just what I'd expect from the Hut group.

If you're going to threaten a company though, I don't think Watchdog (not plural, that's a videogame) or HUKD is really going to have them quaking in their boots.

Portable view - Never forget.

• Whizzo 4 Apr 2013 11:19:09 43,033 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The only business I've put The Hut Group's way in a the last few years, after a bad customer service experience, is through Play's marketplace and even then I was wondering whether it would go ok.

The Hut Group have terrible customer service and as long as you never have a reason to contact them they're great with their low prices, when you do have to contact them you'll wish you'd gone elsewhere.

Bring forth the barge poles!

This space left intentionally blank.

• Zizoo 4 Apr 2013 11:22:00 8,112 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ibenam wrote:
    coolio story bro
  • Carlo 4 Apr 2013 11:28:55 17,948 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I won't use them any more.

In October I ordered (among other things) a jacket from them.

It arrived weeks later. It was a jacket but they just sent whatever they had in their warehouse. It was the wrong brand, wrong colour, and wrong size!

It took over 2 months to get a refund. It took hours of phone calls and every single email I sent them was ignored.

PSN ID: Djini

• B4TTLEBORN 4 Apr 2013 11:41:43 20 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I've gotta admit, it's poor that they allowed this to happen, but i also agree with guiltyspark about the general tone of your emails.

There's a certain way in which you would address and word the situation you were in, but you've written your email in a "dudebro" style that comes off with you looking like a bit of a douche.

"I know your known for being slow but come on". I don't think anyone would appreciate that kind of comment, and as annoying as it is stuff like this does happen, It's not like they are the first company to do it and no doubt they sure as hell won't be the last.
  • Shikasama 4 Apr 2013 11:42:22 6,606 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I never really understand why people write to companies in the way that you did.

You just have to state your problem, your desired solution and the justification for that solution.

Nothing else will help you and you are completely reliant on the guy reading the email wanting to help you out. Lashing out in a way like that, even if it wan't overly offensive, won't get you anywhere.
  • kinky_mong 4 Apr 2013 11:46:12 9,958 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The emails sound more like Nigerian spam than a refund request.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• 4gate 4 Apr 2013 11:47:04 362 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Still, any sort of decent company should just get the refund sorted whether the customer seems a bit of a nob or not.

It isn't really Zavvi anyway, completely dead 5 or so years ago, this is another company using the Zavvi name to attract customers of a once pretty good service.
  • Aretak 4 Apr 2013 11:47:57 10,345 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    In fairness, it doesn't really matter how you format your correspondence to them, as they're fucking useless either way. Here's my last exchange with one of the customer service people, regarding my Ni no Kuni pre-order:

Hi,

Is there any way to change my payment method for this order? I updated my account with a new card, but the order page says this order will still be using the old one. I don't want to cancel and re-order as the price has increased quite a bit since I placed it.

Thanks.
    Hi Kieran,

Thanks for getting in touch about your payment method,

To change the payent methord cancel the order and then re order wth te correct ayment methord.

If there's anything else we can do please don't hesitate to get in touch and a member of our team will be happy to help.

Kind regards,
    Harry Winstanley
    Thanks Harry, that's just great.

But hey, everybody knows what they're getting into when they order from them. Their prices are so low because they cut corners on things like customer service.

Edited by Aretak at 11:48:05 04-04-2013
  • drhcnip 4 Apr 2013 11:53:17 2,436 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    got to agree with the posts about the tone of your emails...although i only ever post online in lower case and splintered sentences, i make sure any email/letter of complaint is written correctly and shik has made a good suggeston of structure above....
    led to me having success with burger king, kfc, the woolwich, barclays, santander, ebay and others to the tune of hampers, vouchers, compensation and the rest....im a moany old cunt.....;)

yes, theyve been twats, but you dont allow that to come across in the email/letter
  • frightlever 4 Apr 2013 12:31:57 30 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Never used Zavvi. I've had problems with Amazon from time to time though and the experience was the complete reverse of this. On three occasions when goods didn't arrive (YODEL!!!) I got replacement goods AND a refund. The aggravation, because I'm moral and such, was actually persuading them that I should only be getting one or the other.
  • Shikasama 4 Apr 2013 12:50:56 6,606 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah I must say I'd never have any questions about buying from Amazon directly.

When I broke my Kindle screen I gave them my number, they called me, asked what the problem was and without a second question told me that they'd send me a new one. It arrived the next day.

Was hugely impressed.
  • coolio 4 Apr 2013 13:19:25 33 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah, I admit my reply was a bit over the top, but all I wanted was my refund which I am still waiting. I have been ordering with them for years now ans it's just so disappointing and frustrating to experience this. The only reason I cancelled my pre order was because they sent me an email stating they couldn't take money from my bank account even though I had enough funds. They said it was cancelled successfully but still decide to take money out.
  • CaptainKerbal 4 Apr 2013 13:33:07 357 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Basically, send an email to Zavvi stating that as they are unable to resolve your issue you are now passing this on to your card issuer as fraud. Then actually make sure you do. The card issuer will put the amount disputed on hold, so it is not on your balance anymore, until it is resolved. Then take up the charges with your bank who will more than likely cancel them. And never order from zavvi again without using Paypal.
  • coolio 4 Apr 2013 16:11:50 33 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @CaptainKerbal Thanks for your suggestion, will do that.
  • Bremenacht 4 Apr 2013 16:24:27 17,613 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aretak wrote:
    In fairness, it doesn't really matter how you format your correspondence to them, as they're fucking useless either way.
    Ha! This is true.

I've been tempted in the past to email them (TheHut) asking when my drugs shipment is due, just to see if I'd get the usual banal reply.

"Please don't hesitate to get in touch"

Maybe a 'are you people or bots?' question would be less likely to have the police around.
  • Bremenacht 4 Apr 2013 16:27:48 17,613 posts
    Seen 24 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @coolio Some more advice:

http://www.adviceguide.org.uk/england/consumer_e/consumer_taking_action_e/consumer_making_a_complaint_e.htm
  • Latin 4 Apr 2013 16:52:16 3,593 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I stopped using zavvi after something I pre-ordered, can't remember what it was (maybe Halo 4?), arrived about 5 days late, making the pre-order obsolete. Cancelled all the other pre-orders I had with them and sent them a shitty toned email... Amazon do a good enough job
  • ZG 6 Apr 2013 10:47:07 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Sorry to hear how you have been treated @Coolio I want to help get this resolved asap for you.

If anyone else has any issues or feedback they would like to discuss please drop me an email.

zavvigamerz@thehutgroup.com

Edited by ZG at 10:56:39 06-04-2013
  • timwilliams 18 Jun 2013 09:49:42 1 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Totally agree: terrible 'customer service', half my order didn't turn up, no telephone number, you have to use their online messaging system and they just don't respond (so wouldn't matter how harsh your message was anyway). Won't ever order from them again.
  • simmran02 18 Jun 2013 12:25:43 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    awesome story
  • FicZGB 14 Sep 2013 09:12:37 1 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    Does Zavvi ship consoles (PS3 in my case) outside of UK ???
    I`m from Croatia.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next