Because YOU demanded it...Resident Evil 6 - The Movie (and other films in the franchise) Page 2

• Page

of 4 First / Last

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 16:51:24
    ronuds wrote:
    I don't think it's fair to judge someone based on their music or film tastes. Not everyone takes those things as seriously as you think they should.
    I think it's perfectly fair, to be honest. I genuinely feel that the world in general would be a much better (or at least, more interesting) place if people attempted to switch the focus from passive to active consumption.
  • mcmonkeyplc 14 Mar 2013 16:56:01 39,509 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    You what?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 16:57:32 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Go out and find things to watch rather than just watching whatever shit is slopped in front of you.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Mr-Brett 14 Mar 2013 16:59:07 12,877 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have seen all but the new one (I think) I don't intend to watch them, it just happens...

Level 37 Social Justice Warrior

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 16:59:53
    Unless you like the shit that's slopped in front of you, then you wouldn't want or feel the need to go and seek anything else.
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:01:28 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    If you like the shit thats slopped in front of you, imagine how much you would like something thats actually decent?

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:02:56
    It's not even really that. It's reading/watching as an active experience (IE involving thought processes) rather than just watching dumb spectacle or being told explicitly what to think and feel. The reason stuff like poetry, literature, arthouse cinema etc isn't in style at the moment has nothing to do with the content behind them, but more because people can't engage with them. They read/watch it, go "I don't get it" because it doesn't directly explain what there is to get, and write it off as pretentious and/or shit.
  • mcmonkeyplc 14 Mar 2013 17:03:32 39,509 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Go out and find things to watch rather than just watching whatever shit is slopped in front of you.
    Oh. Yeah I agree, I actively seek the RE films though :)

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:03:55
    If I was one of those that liked the shit that was slopped in front of me (I'm not) then I imagine I would be scared of anything that wasn't the shit that was slopped in front of me. The fear would make me angry and the anger would make me hate it. Then I would vent great rage, before focusing my little brain back to the shit that was slopped in front of me with a big silly grin on my face.

Edit: Also, what meme said...

Edited by BillCityfingers at 17:05:11 14-03-2013
  • LeoliansBro 14 Mar 2013 17:04:24 44,722 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And in some cases that's the point. To be wilfully obscure.

Whether you view that as a good thing in that it is challenging or a bad thing in that it is unhelpful depends on your personal preference. Which is also kind of the point.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:05:53 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    To be fair, Poetry will never be in style as its quite plainly for fags.

• disusedgenius 14 Mar 2013 17:07:32 5,513 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's basically just indicative of a more passive, unquestioning mind. One that will make good work in the salt mines of the future, but won't be welcome in my orbiting space station of enlightenment (and sex). It'll bring the tone of the place down.
  • Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:08:34
    nickthegun wrote:
    To be fair, Poetry will never be in style as its quite plainly for fags.
    I blame the 80s, personally. Poetry especially was massively in style for much of the 20th Century, then died a massive death around then, fading into obscurity and poverty. Same with literary fiction and arthouse cinema.
  • mcmonkeyplc 14 Mar 2013 17:10:28 39,509 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sounds gay.

:)

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:10:59 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think it was just the mass realisation that its stupid.

• Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:12:03
    nickthegun wrote:
    I think it was just the mass realisation that its stupid.
  • King_Edward 14 Mar 2013 17:12:54 11,466 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I vaguely remember disliking the first RE film and have never thought to go back. I did watch the CGI film with Clair and Leon in a few years ago though. That was poop too.
  • quadfather 14 Mar 2013 17:14:59 13,144 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    meme wrote:
    It's not even really that. It's reading/watching as an active experience (IE involving thought processes) rather than just watching dumb spectacle or being told explicitly what to think and feel. The reason stuff like poetry, literature, arthouse cinema etc isn't in style at the moment has nothing to do with the content behind them, but more because people can't engage with them. They read/watch it, go "I don't get it" because it doesn't directly explain what there is to get, and write it off as pretentious and/or shit.
    Definitely.

/derail slightly

One thing that slightly freaked me out was when I realised I was getting angry watching tv all the time. If it wasn't the absolute shash that was on, it was the adverts. I could write the biggest rant in history about adverts, but I digress.

Mrs doesn't really watch much TV either so about 7, maybe 8 years ago, I just disconnected the aerial. We now do various stuff and if we watch anything, it's because we'll have a conversation about what we would like to see, available either by our film collection or using an online player/lovefilm equivalent.

And going to a mates house and watching footy and seeing adverts is just weird to me now. (And makes me angry :) )

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:15:36 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh Resident Evil,
    It gives me the needle,
    When you cut out the bits
    With Alices tits.

• kalel 14 Mar 2013 17:16:54 89,154 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have to say, the mention of boobs has got me interested again.

Edited by kalel at 17:17:04 14-03-2013
  • Deleted user 14 March 2013 17:19:11
    quadfather wrote:I could write the biggest rant in history about adverts, but I digress.
    On the subject, nothing has made me angrier recently than the fucking Andrex scrunch or fold campaign. I want to find whatever twatty marketing company came up with that idea, and kill them until they're dead from it. Then seek out every vacant moron that agreed to be in it, and kill them until they're dead from it.

Fuck it, I'll boot the bloody puppy n all

I just think... Thousands and millions of years of evolution to this? Really? I'll get me coat.
  • nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:21:27 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My taste in films is actually incredibly low brow, which is why Ive watched all these movies more times than some gaylord Malick movie, so im talking out of my arse.

If its not sci-fi/fantasy, fuck it in its ear.

• nickthegun 14 Mar 2013 17:21:49 60,975 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    With Alices tits.
    mmf
    You beast.

• disusedgenius 14 Mar 2013 17:23:41 5,513 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    I want to find whatever twatty marketing company came up with that idea, and kill them until they're dead from it.
    You should try reading the treatments for such things. Uniformly some of the most nauseating and insulting (to humanity, like) stuff I've ever read.
  • quadfather 14 Mar 2013 17:24:00 13,144 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    quadfather wrote:I could write the biggest rant in history about adverts, but I digress.
    On the subject, nothing has made me angrier recently than the fucking Andrex scrunch or fold campaign. I want to find whatever twatty marketing company came up with that idea, and kill them until they're dead from it. Then seek out every vacant moron that agreed to be in it, and kill them until they're dead from it.

Fuck it, I'll boot the bloody puppy n all

I just think... Thousands and millions of years of evolution to this? Really? I'll get me coat.
    This is what I was like before I took the aerial out!

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• ronuds 14 Mar 2013 17:38:31 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    meme wrote:
    ronuds wrote:
    I don't think it's fair to judge someone based on their music or film tastes. Not everyone takes those things as seriously as you think they should.
    I think it's perfectly fair, to be honest. I genuinely feel that the world in general would be a much better (or at least, more interesting) place if people attempted to switch the focus from passive to active consumption.
    Maybe the world would be better, but that doesn't mean smart people don't like dumb things sometimes. Maybe they put more importance in other things.

I'm just sayin'. I know plenty of "smart" people who would take Transformers over something intellectual in regards to film any day of the week. I don't put that fact as any indication of their overall intelligence, though.
  • kalel 14 Mar 2013 17:41:09 89,154 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nah, if you like Transformers you're an idiot. It's a terrible film.

There are plenty of good quality "dumb" films you can watch like Jaws and Star Wars. Just because you want to watch something easy doesn't mean you should enjoy something bad.
  • ronuds 14 Mar 2013 17:42:46 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That I said Transformers wasn't really the point.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last