Registered 6 years ago
    That's what my family keep telling me. :(

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Telepathic.Geometry 25 Jan 2013 17:45:35 11,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :) Well, different strokes for different folks I guess. Still, what you said is comparable to saying I don't like BJs or I don't like Rez HD or some crazy shit like that. Anyway, no problem, as you were sir...

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• CharlieStCloud 25 Jan 2013 18:00:00 5,219 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Telepathic.Geometry wrote:
    I don't like BJs...
    REPORTED

Inappropriate language in this thread ... it is only allowed between 11pm and 3am.
  • MARKIV 25 Jan 2013 18:51:43 84 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    Raiko101 wrote:
    If it's Viewtiful Joe meets anything, i'm not buying. I bought that game brand new for 2, from a closing down Woolworths. After completing it twice I still felt robbed.

Fortunately, it looks completly different.
    Each to their own, but that sentence makes me think you lack any taste in games what so ever. ;)

And if it was so bad why did you complete it twice?
    Viewtiful Joe meets Anything? You mean meets Pikmin.
  • Telepathic.Geometry 25 Jan 2013 19:08:25 11,370 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Charlie: It's just after 4am here in Japan... Safe!

|| PSN Barrysama || NNID Barrysama ||

• figaro7 25 Jan 2013 21:49:19 1,364 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Viewtiful joe was prob my fav game on the gamecube! Anyway i watched the trailer on the wii u gamepad the other night via the eshop, damn quality was superb, looks fantastic, massive platinum fan and this looks insanse.

This looks very much like an action game though, shooting, beat-em-up, rail shooting, cant wait!
  • roz123 1 Feb 2013 09:33:49 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    60 fps version of the Nintendo Direct trailer
    http://platinumgames.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/wiiu_wonderful101_trailer_012213s.mov

Edited by roz123 at 09:34:42 01-02-2013
  • nickthegun 1 Feb 2013 09:36:44 60,170 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    figaro7 wrote:
    Anyway i watched the trailer on the wii u gamepad the other night via the eshop
    No way! I watched the trailer on my mobile phone via youtube via my router which is connected to the internet via a wire!

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 24 March 2013 14:00:02

Not sure if this has been in past videos but here is footage of the member select screen which displays some the superheroes you can play as.....Toilet Bowl Man \o/
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Apr 2013 12:12:54 11,300 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Wonderful 101 Is So Much Fun You'll "Wear Out Your GamePad"

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 30 Apr 2013 12:16:02 44,429 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nintendo Life, that bastion of impartial games journalism. Quoting a spokesperson from the company making the game, who is bound to be objective.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• JuanKerr 30 Apr 2013 12:19:03 36,280 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A good, reasonable post.
  • Deckard1 30 Apr 2013 12:19:27 28,271 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Thats actually a quote from the people who are making the game. Explaining why it isn't an issue that the game can be complete in a few hours. Even for you thats fairly pathetic ecosse.
  • Armoured_Bear 11 Jun 2013 22:22:28 11,300 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    New Trailer

• Armoured_Bear 18 Jul 2013 17:39:11 11,300 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Intro Trailer

• Raiko101 18 Jul 2013 19:36:26 6,344 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm quitely looking forward to this one. It looks quite odd. Something i'd have expected to see during the PS1/Dreamcast era. I wont be making use of that eShop offer though. I'm ok with downloading software from the eShop, but given that I don't want to buy an external hard drive any time soon, i'll be buying retail games at retail.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Pinky_Floyd 8 Aug 2013 13:10:59 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wise fwom your gwave!

Guardian review:

Full review as they took it down:

If Pikmin 3, Nintendo's great summer hope for its beleaguered Wii U console, has you directing a herd of miniature helpers, The Wonderful 101, the company's leftfield, summer sleeper-hit-in-waiting, puts you in control of an angry mob. In both games you sweep through the landscape as a hustling cluster of bodies. In both games you use this crowd's wisdom and strength to create pathways to your objectives, and to eliminate the foes and obstacles in your way.

But only in The Wonderful 101 can you, with a delicate swipe of the finger, arrange your swarm into a giant pink spiked whip used to tear the armour from your opponents, or a pea green handgun used to launch your minions as a kind of fleshy ammunition, or even a Soviet hammer that pounds the concrete in a thick Russian accent. If Pikmin 3 is the Gardener's World of ponderous strategy games, The Wonderful 101 is police helicopter footage of a sweltering Los Angeles riot.

The two games have an opposed sort of symmetry. Pikmin 3 takes place in the undergrowth of an uninhabited planet, The Wonderful 101 resides in the pocked streets and suburbs of a besieged city. In one you play as hapless alien invaders, working with the natives in order to figure out how to exit terra firma as soon as possible. In the other, you play as the indigenous warriors themselves, all decked out in 1970s Japanese superhero spandex, attempting to shoo away the raiding thrusts of the so-called Geathjerk space invaders.

The premise and styling is as wild-eyed as anything to come from Platinum Games, the most boisterous of Japan's contemporary video-game developers. The titular 101 is a group of topflight superheroes plucked from each of the world's nations. Each individual has his or her own unique styling and ability, but this is a game about the power of co-operation, not individual might. The swarm might be composed of individuals, but it must act as a single entity. Using either the Wii U pad's touchscreen or one of its stiff analogue sticks, you can shepherd your mob into esoteric tools and weapons by tracing shapes. The larger the shape you draw, the greater the number of superheroes who add their bodies to its formation.

As well as the purely destructive properties of your mob (and, apart from buildings and larger structures, much of the environments are destructible) they can be used to surround certain objects and people in order to bring restoration. In this way wilted flowerbeds can be made to blossom (yielding bonus items in the regeneration), humble pedestrians can be inspired to temporarily join the 101's ranks and, wearied enemies can even be recruited to your side.

Platinum's talent for the set piece is brought to the fore by way of the game's chosen style, that of the 'Tokusatsu' the genre of special effect-heavy Japanese TV shows and films that include Godzilla and Kamen Rider. In this way, play is routinely interrupted for an outrageous and delightfully inventive gameplay intermission as you, for example, fire giant baseballs into an alien's face on a baseball field, or use your mob to tickle a 50-foot robot's underarm, or morph into a giant hang-glider and tear through the whipping wind collecting upgrade tokens.

It's in these moments that Platinum displays a mastery of the Wii U hardware hitherto unseen, even in Nintendo's homegrown titles. One especially memorable section has you controlling a giant spacecraft on the television screen by marshalling the 101 onto directional pressure pads in a cockpit that's rendered on the Wii U pad's screen. If this weren't enough to juggle, you must simultaneously battle enemies in both the cockpit on the pad and in the skies on the TV screen. It is a genuinely novel gameplay invention and gives a true taste of the Wii U's untapped potential and promise.

But all of this unbridled creativity comes at the cost of some refinement. The scrappiness of the action extends upwards and outwards throughout the entire game, which struggles to marshal its ambitions and ideas into a perfectly coherent whole. An alchemy system allows you to create new items from collected pieces of fruit, although its workings are left unexplained; each of the 101 you collect can be levelled up individually, although its unclear what benefits this brings to the whole. New moves and attacks unlock seemingly at random and the means of exposing the game's intermittent in-situ bonus levels is opaque.

Finally, the game's tall difficulty belies its accessible aesthetic: make no mistake, this is a far more demanding proposition than its Pikmin cousin. And yet, these are the hallmarks that make Platinum's output some of the most exciting work in contemporary video games: scruffy invention in a playpen that allows for player mastery. In the midst of this riot of ideas and unrefined energy we can perceive some of the Wii U system's idiosyncratic wonder. It may not be a game to sell a system, but The Wonderful 101 provides ample justification for Nintendo's eccentric hardware.

10/10

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 13:12:02 08-08-2013
  • jimlufc 8 Aug 2013 13:13:18 118 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Did it really get 10/10? Really looking forward to this now.
  • Pinky_Floyd 8 Aug 2013 13:13:41 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It didn't have a score, I just put that in to see if anyone would notice.
  • mumtoucher 8 Aug 2013 13:17:58 285 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shit, I'm gonna have to get a Wii U now, fucking love platinum games' stuff. DAMMIT!!
  • Murbal 8 Aug 2013 14:20:18 22,276 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    Shit, I'm gonna have to get a Wii U now, fucking love platinum games' stuff. DAMMIT!!
    I know! Bayonetta 2 too /o\

I DON'T WANT TO BUY A WIIU! DON'T MAKE ME COVET ONE PG!
  • Armoured_Bear 8 Aug 2013 15:02:22 11,300 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sorry guys, it's just been announced that Nintendo have bought Platinum Games.

• Ashleyfiddes 8 Aug 2013 15:04:07 980 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear really? i hope so, would be fantastic for nintendo. Now they just need to do the same with Atlus
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Aug 2013 07:43:18 11,300 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Platinum Games announcing 'a little something extra' shortly after W101 Direct

Bayonetta 2 date maybe?

• NOSAVIOUR 9 Aug 2013 08:22:18 2,804 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For what its worth IGN have a pre review video of this up and aren't that happy with the game. Sounds far off a 10.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Aug 2013 08:54:53 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    For what its worth IGN have a pre review video of this up and aren't that happy with the game. Sounds far off a 10.
    Done by a girl. Who looks like a bloke. Never trust a girl who looks like a bloke.
  • beastmaster 9 Aug 2013 08:57:11 11,454 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Done by a girl. Who looks like a bloke. Never trust a girl who looks like a bloke.
    "I don't understand!"

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• NOSAVIOUR 9 Aug 2013 09:01:04 2,804 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Pinky_Floyd I did wonder. Probably has fat fingers too and too forceful with her fingers after power ramming one to many women's nether regions.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Aug 2013 09:02:35 7,908 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    @Pinky_Floyd I did wonder. Probably has fat fingers too and too forceful with her fingers after power ramming one to many women's nether regions.
    Ban pls.
  • Page

of 28 First / Last