• Page

of 63 First / Last

• orpheus 25 Jun 2013 15:45:03 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    I'm Vanu on Miller.

It's an awful lot of purple.
    Oh cool, you're not in the outfit though right? I get confused easily :D Post your character name and I'll get you an invite when I log in later tonight - you'll find playing with a knowledgeable group helps a lot.

edit - make sure you install ts3 if you haven't got it already.

Edited by orpheus at 15:45:32 25-06-2013
  • PearOfAnguish 25 Jun 2013 17:21:48 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, it appears that I am unable to get a membership even if I wanted one, because I am not allowed to use the Station account I've been playing with (that I've had for many years) to sign up. They use some German company for EU players and there's no EU country options on the US site.
  • orpheus 25 Jun 2013 17:30:22 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Can you log into the station account & download the client from the PS2 website? Beta players and those with existing station accounts should be able to avoid Proseiben. Maybe someone who's installed recently will be able to help!
  • PearOfAnguish 25 Jun 2013 17:48:01 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can play the game with the Steam client using my Station acc, and it appears I'll be able to buy SC, but stupidly there is no way to link a prosieben and SoE account.
  • Shikasama 25 Jun 2013 17:51:17 6,603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah they took it down because they massively broken. Like...seriously broken. It was going to be fixed within 48 hours about 4 months ago.

It's not a bad thing mind...ProSieben are douches of the highest order.
  • Bleh 25 Jun 2013 17:55:07 240 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Had to install it on my new laptop and I ran into similar problem. When you press the "play free" button on the planetside2.com website you get a pop-up where you can stay on the us site or go to the eu site but underneath those options it state:
    "However, if you played in the Beta, continue to the North American website. Download the game here".
    Where "here" means you can download the us client and therefore don't have to use the German Company.
  • orpheus 25 Jun 2013 18:22:47 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah Bleh's got it, I knew there was an option somewhere. Download the client via his method and just add it as a non-steam game if you want to run the steam overlay. Then you should be able to get a membership.

Let me know your character name so I can get invites sorted.

Edit - almost forgot, there's going to be filming tonight for the alliance promo video, so if you want your ugly mugs featured be on from 8pm. :D

Last time this involved mass Gal drops (15-20+), huge air & tank swarms, all sorts of shit. Was a lot of fun, so don't miss it!

Edited by orpheus at 18:37:45 25-06-2013
  • Benno 25 Jun 2013 18:41:24 9,778 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So theres a group of people on Miller? Been meaning to get into this more, but I feel a bit out of my depth when i play!

EG Hearthstone Tournament

• RedSparrows 25 Jun 2013 18:57:57 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More to Miller Vanu! Help us withstand the crush of TR zerglings!
  • PearOfAnguish 25 Jun 2013 20:20:57 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I sent you a friend request Orpheus.

BE MY ONLY FRIEND (on Planetside 2).
  • orpheus 25 Jun 2013 20:49:19 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm on now, send me a /tell when you get online and we'll get you set up.
  • PearOfAnguish 28 Jun 2013 11:18:38 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Any recommended tactics for air defense as Vanu? Playing last night and we were getting bombarded by TR mossies, but even several MAXs with AA were having little effect.

Is there something that's as effective as the TR Striker? I got that on my TR character and it's fucking deadly.
  • PearOfAnguish 28 Jun 2013 11:18:38 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Shikasama 28 Jun 2013 11:22:58 6,603 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I had a ridiculous amount of fun with my Phoenix last night.

Yeah it leaves you a sitting duck and does about as much damage as a sidearm...but still.

I am a hunter and sunderers are my prey.
  • orpheus 28 Jun 2013 18:47:05 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    Any recommended tactics for air defense as Vanu? Playing last night and we were getting bombarded by TR mossies, but even several MAXs with AA were having little effect.

Is there something that's as effective as the TR Striker? I got that on my TR character and it's fucking deadly.
    Striker is probably the most hated weapon in the game currently, fucking ruins air gameplay for VS & NC. So no, nothing *that* effective. Skyguard is the new king of flak (as it should always have been) and is now the only effective long-range anti-air aside from standard lockons (Nemesis). Bursters still hurt a lot up close, but over about 3-400m and you might as well wave your dick at them.

Scythes too ofc, though if you're used to a Mossie, it'll be a sea-change... :D
  • RedSparrows 28 Jun 2013 18:56:10 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I love my Skyguard. You don't always get a kill but you clear the skies. A pair, covered by infantry, will nail any number of light air - within reason.

I am loving my Scythe. Have got my first air to air kills and am able to nuke air to ground.. . If the AA permits...
  • PearOfAnguish 29 Jun 2013 12:09:38 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those all sound great and using a joystick I'm not totally useless with a Scythe (by which I mean I spend less time smashing into the ground) but the problem is I cannot gather certs at any decent rate, so all this gear is unobtainable without spending a ridiculous amount of cash. Incredibly frustrating.
  • orpheus 29 Jun 2013 12:20:24 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Joystick eh? You're a brave fellow, their joystick support used to be abysmal!

Certs fast is always a high priority for new characters. Best way is probably run Medic and max out the revive/heal tool. At max level, it's about a second to revive someone; 2 revives = 1 cert (ish). In big fights, you can be reviving and shooting for a much higher than average xp rate.

Engi can be good too, especially with the amount of MAXes around these days. Repair lots, chuck certs into the repair tool, drop ammo (equip mana turret then hit B for ammo pack) as much as possible etc.

Both methods give you the option for support as well as kills to earn xp - few weeks of this and you'll be earning 250 certs a session easily. :)

I started a new job on Thursday, so Thur/Fri I didn't get on (or rather I did, but logged after 5 minutes as I was falling asleep at my desk!), but I will be on tonight/tomorrow. Will do my best to put you in good fights with lots of certs to be earned.
  • RedSparrows 30 Jun 2013 23:24:49 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Current Scythe average mission is either:

Amazing slaughter of peons with rockets and lazors
    OR
    Crash within 1 minute, after being chased by an enemy Mozzie. They won't shoot me down... I will crash.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Jul 2013 09:03:48 13,256 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Sometimes a hopeless defence can be hugely enriching. A TR zerg was moving across Amerish, they had a huge amount of air support.

At one of the more tiny bases, I managed to completely push the fuckers away by shooting the fuck out of them with MAX dual bursters from windows. Obviously they couldn't see where I was and I was decently protected from any attacks. Completely drove their air support away, but the wave of tanks that came after saw me off.

Fairly good jaunt. I briefly joined up with dotbad on Indar, but had to call it a night fairly soon after that.

Solo-ing can be fun though!

Decided I need to do up some of my vehicles. Get some night vision on those guns. Think a Sundy with AA and that multi-purpose starting gun would be good. Also want to investigate that harasser.

Oh, I got some loyal soldier bonus when I logged in, it appears I can decorate myself in flowers.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Widge Moderator 1 Jul 2013 09:11:03 13,256 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I seriously hope they can implement a "PS4 UI" for this game at some point. I really cannot read a lot of what is going on as it stands.

Lumping in 360 pad support would be a clincher.

_ _ _

• PearOfAnguish 1 Jul 2013 11:38:49 7,137 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    When's the next double or triple SC sale likely to happen?

And what's the deal with items being shared between classes and characters? I can unlock a scope that works with a carbine on my engineer, and light assault can also use it, right? But yet the same scope is not unlocked on another weapon type even though it's the same equipment?

Are NS weapons shared across your account, available to all your characters regardless of faction?

Edited by PearOfAnguish at 12:43:40 01-07-2013
  • orpheus 1 Jul 2013 18:55:03 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    PearOfAnguish wrote:
    When's the next double or triple SC sale likely to happen?

And what's the deal with items being shared between classes and characters? I can unlock a scope that works with a carbine on my engineer, and light assault can also use it, right? But yet the same scope is not unlocked on another weapon type even though it's the same equipment?

Are NS weapons shared across your account, available to all your characters regardless of faction?
    Some weapons are shared across classes (Carbines/Shotguns/SMGs). Buying scopes etc for cross-class weapons will enable them for use on all classes that can use the weapon.

Single-class weapons (e.g. Assault Rifles/Medic only) work as you might expect, given the above.

Most weapons bought outright with Station cash will be available on same-faction characters, and faction-equivalents are usually available for cross-faction characters. This is not applicable to all weapons (the rules are a bit opaque), and any weapons bought with Certs will not qualify either.

@Widge - was good to see you on chap, next time hop in TS - it'll all make much more sense. I can't stress this enough - even if you only listen, it'll make a huge difference in how you approach the game.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Jul 2013 19:02:45 13,256 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I will do. I now have PC in front room, totally brand new setup really, so I can get around to sticking that on. Definitely audio only as I haven't got a mic anymore.

_ _ _

• RedSparrows 1 Jul 2013 19:03:08 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plus you get some lolworthy srs bznss stuff too ;)
  • orpheus 1 Jul 2013 19:13:53 993 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Hehe always Red :D

Good to hear Widge, think it'll make a big difference for you.
  • Widge Moderator 1 Jul 2013 20:41:20 13,256 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This was my first bash for some time - I set myself some goals of finishing Bioshock and Deus Ex in the interim. Multiplayer is such a time vampire!

_ _ _

• Errol 1 Jul 2013 22:36:29 12,454 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Alert on Esamir this morning (Woodman) was won by Vanu in about 10 minutes. Dominating victory.

Glory to Vanu and KOTV.
  • RedSparrows 1 Jul 2013 22:49:03 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lol srs bznss in random platoon. To join their outfit you need K/D +1, and to wear particular camo.
  • RedSparrows 1 Jul 2013 23:05:19 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    MUST NOT CHECK MAP WHILE FLYING

Get nailed by tanks :(
  • Page

of 63 First / Last