And now - Google vs Apple Page 2

• Page

of 5 First / Last

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 14:30:34
    I can't even blame typing on my phone for that.

Thanks for quoting it!
  • SpaceDave3000 19 Aug 2012 14:30:46 78,280 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I dunno, there seems to be only one thing behind this, Google bought Motorola simple to pick this fight, so I can't see them backing off after some friendly licencing settlement is arranged, they're clearly out for blood.
    Wait, Google bought a company solely in order to get into a legal fight and Apple are the bad guys in this? A bit contradictory there DB.
    Just a leap, but had you been following it from the start you'd know it was strange purchase at the time, not that their possible incentive went unnoticed.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 14:34:45
    revan8 wrote:
    Apple fans are the worst, worse than pc elitists, xbox fans, Sony fans.

Why did you get the I pad? Did u need it?

No I just found out Apple released a new gadget.

Oh, was it fairly priced?

Of course, it cost me many hundreds of pounds.

Wow it must do more than a laptop then?

No.
    Ever get the impression that no one cares what you're posting?
  • nickthegun 19 Aug 2012 14:36:29 60,159 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    revan8 wrote:
    I detest Apple. Hope they get rinsed.
    Over priced garbage.
    What ever product they have there is a better and cheaper alternative. Also Apple products generally require the use of Apple programmes and is a hassle to do simple things like move music not using I tunes.
    I used Apple computers all the time at university, nightmare.
    You really are as thick as pigshit.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 14:38:59
    :D
  • DodgyPast 19 Aug 2012 14:41:15 8,479 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Apple has a stated aim of destroying Android, and a huge chunks of the patents being used are from companies they bought.

So I don't quite get why Google are being blamed when they bought a company to prevent Apple from doing this.
  • yupyup 19 Aug 2012 14:44:39 3,682 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    speedofthepuma wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Just generally ignored my first person this year. A bit of originally please!
    I'm struggling with this sentence.
    It's okay, mowgli struggles with all sentences.

Hands Off Our Penises

• SpaceDave3000 19 Aug 2012 14:44:42 78,280 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Who's blaming google?

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 14:53:11
    Dirtbox wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    I dunno, there seems to be only one thing behind this, Google bought Motorola simple to pick this fight, so I can't see them backing off after some friendly licencing settlement is arranged, they're clearly out for blood.
    Wait, Google bought a company solely in order to get into a legal fight and Apple are the bad guys in this? A bit contradictory there DB.
    Just a leap, but had you been following it from the start you'd know it was strange purchase at the time, not that their possible incentive went unnoticed.
    No I get that, I remember following it at the time it was more aimed at your hyperbolic language.

Anyway, I am looking forward to seeing how this gets played out. I do believe a lot of the anger at Apple is exaggerated but that doesn't stop a potential ban on Apple imports into the US being damn interesting to watch!
  • CharlieStCloud 19 Aug 2012 14:55:24 5,219 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Who's blaming google?
    Google it!

I love my iPad ... one of the best things Apple have created along with their iPod range (not lately though) however, a small part of me would like them to be given a 'wake up call'.

... especially seeing that they came up with the worse piece of software ever devised; iTunes!

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 14:58:06 19-08-2012
  • SpaceDave3000 19 Aug 2012 15:03:27 78,280 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @mowgli So you're saying that Apple hasn't engendered bitterness throughout the entire industry to the point of it becoming personal? Right.

"I'm going to destroy Android. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Wormfood Jobs

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank." - said dead Jobs

Hyperbole yourself. Not that you actually know how to say it (and hyperbolic is a mathematical term for a curve).

Edited by Dirtbox at 15:08:01 19-08-2012

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 15:14:43
    Dirtbox wrote:
    @mowgli So you're saying that Apple hasn't engendered bitterness throughout the entire industry to the point of it becoming personal? Right.

"I'm going to destroy Android. I'm willing to go thermonuclear war on this." - Wormfood Jobs

"I will spend my last dying breath if I need to, and I will spend every penny of Apple's $40 billion in the bank." - said dead Jobs

Hyperbole yourself. Not that you actually know how to say it (and hyperbolic is a mathematical term for a curve).
    Bloody hell, where did I say otherwise?! You appear to be seeing what you want to see here. I'm agreeing with you for fucks sake.

And no, "Hyperbolic: using hyperbole; exaggerating."
    Not sure what is wrong with you today.
  • pauleyc 19 Aug 2012 15:16:11 4,468 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Ilovechips wrote:
    Brands are funny, I wouldn't touch anything called Ice Cream Sandwich, Jellybean or Gingerbread. I feel as a consumer they are taking the piss. It's not funny or clever no matter golden that piece of shit actually is.
    Each to their own. At least it's minimally more inspired than using consecutive numerals for releases.
  • DodgyPast 19 Aug 2012 15:16:16 8,479 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Who's blaming google?
    iFans

( That's not a blanket statement about all Apple users, just the ones that can't see the benefit of competition )
  • SpaceDave3000 19 Aug 2012 15:18:25 78,280 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So not everyone then, just the predictable ones.

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 15:19:34
    Where are these iFans doing this?
  • Deleted user 19 August 2012 15:24:02
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Who's blaming google?
    iFans

( That's not a blanket statement about all Apple users, just the ones that can't see the benefit of competition )
    GoogleFags.

Not all Android users, just the faggy ones.
  • nickthegun 19 Aug 2012 15:25:22 60,159 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They prefer Gfags

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• disusedgenius 19 Aug 2012 15:26:49 5,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    When even the good guys are patent trolls, you know things aren't particularly right with the world. :(
  • Deleted user 19 August 2012 15:28:43
    I don't think google can be thought of as the good guys anymore. They seemed to give up on their 'do no evil' a while ago.
  • SpaceDave3000 19 Aug 2012 15:29:59 78,280 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I don't much care for either, what I do care about is that FRAND licensing is adopted throughout the industry rather than trying to monopolise progress because you thought of an industrial necessity, or some superficial bollocks first.

Thankfully Apple only has superficial bollocks to stand in the way of.

Edited by Dirtbox at 15:33:04 19-08-2012

• DodgyPast 19 Aug 2012 15:31:01 8,479 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Who's blaming google?
    iFans

GoogleFags.

Not all Android users, just the faggy ones.
    Wouldn't disagree that there are plenty of retarded Android fans as well.
  • disusedgenius 19 Aug 2012 15:32:20 5,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    I don't think google can be thought of as the good guys anymore. They seemed to give up on their 'do no evil' a while ago.
    Well... relatively good in this comparison anyway. :)
  • oceanmotion 19 Aug 2012 15:33:55 15,976 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Apple are horrible with patents, Google are just as bad using other peoples stuff and hoping they won't notice, then the manufacturers end up footing the bill because Google only cares about their services being used. Patents are a bit messy but Google isn't the white knight unjustly picked on, not all the time of course. Apple and others can be ridiculous.
  • SpaceDave3000 19 Aug 2012 15:36:44 78,280 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well, not exactly. Google could drop the hammer on nearly everyone, but doesn't because they adhere to FRAND licensing, only not in the case of Motorola.

• Deleted user 19 August 2012 15:39:38
    oceanmotion wrote:
    Apple are horrible with patents, Google are just as bad using other peoples stuff and hoping they won't notice, then the manufacturers end up footing the bill because Google only cares about their services being used. Patents are a bit messy but Google isn't the white knight unjustly picked on, not all the time of course. Apple and others can be ridiculous.
    Pretty much. Apple are too protective, Google are too, eh, pikey. Results in setting up two superficial camps that neither of which lead to a particularly bright future.
  • disusedgenius 19 Aug 2012 15:44:45 5,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    On the contrary, the more open approach is hugely preferable. The whole closed development thing is, to be slightly hyperbololisious for a second, detrimental to humanity's progress most of the time.
  • Deleted user 19 August 2012 15:51:49
    But there is being open, and then there is just blatantly stealing and copying the work of others. It isn't as simple as you put it.
  • disusedgenius 19 Aug 2012 15:53:38 5,359 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sure it is. If one side is more open that the other, they're the good guys. I mean it in a 'lesser of two evils' kind of way anyhow, not as some kind of ideal.
  • Page

of 5 First / Last