PS One classics [Vita] Page 2

• Page

of 19 First / Last

• chrisno21 13 Jun 2012 15:17:48 1,492 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I really enjoyed the Suikoden series with the 3rd being the low point for me. The fifth was actually pretty good if I remember rightly, though nowhere near the brilliance of the first 2 games - would buy them both day one if they were added.

I've Vagrant Story, several FF, Silent Hill, Oddworld and RE1-3 waiting to play again when they finally add this feature to the Vita.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• Murbal 13 Jun 2012 15:54:03 22,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I bought Vagrant Story with a voucher code from Tactics Ogre; I have absolutely no faith that even when this is up and running I'll be able to download it. Half a dozen minis suffering a similar fate you see.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2012 03:14:29
    The US store is much better stocked for PS1 goodness than our crappy UK store. Titles like Dino Crisis 1/2, Spyro trilogy, complete Final Fantasy collection etc are all there. They also have a treasure trove of rare RPG's including classics such as Crono Trigger/Cross, Suikoden and Legend of Dragoon. I'd highly advise anyone interested in PS1 classics to purchase them from the US store. They also run faster at 60htz as opposed to the inferior PAL 50htz versions we have on the UK store.

The only possible downside I can see to getting them off the US store is if you plan on playing them on the Vita. If your Vita is locked to a UK account then it won't allow you to play games from other accounts. You'd have to restore the factory settings on the console and insert a different memory card before you could play PS1 classics on it which is a right ball-ache and a real cock up on Sony's part. They should have made the Vita like the PS3 where it can have multiple profiles on the console and anyone on that console can access all games. I hope that Sony eventually add this feature eventually otherwise I won't be able to access my entire PS1 library! Still, for anyone not too bothered about playing PS1 games on the Vita, the US store is miles ahead of the UK one.
  • steve1979 19 Jun 2012 07:23:49 1,992 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you download the PS1 games from the US store and want to play them on your vita, just use remote play (so long as you have a PS3). That's what I've been doing.
  • RyanDS 19 Jun 2012 12:11:27 9,230 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Madgod_Dc wrote:

well i have been saying for years that sony should have a worldwide store, whereby all users can access different regions without the need for multiple accounts.

but what do i know... :rolleyes:
    In that case you should get cracking on rewriting worlwide IP laws!

Get on it boy!
  • TheMightyRose 23 Jun 2012 17:34:27 174 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    What do you know Madgod_Dc?

Clearly more than Sony do.

There should just be one universal store. You do not need to be Floella Benjamin to understand that.

As for classic psone titles:

The Mighty Rose, yes, THE Mighty Rose was going through his old ps games when he stumbled upon The Legend of Dragoon.
    Man, Tim Rose (me!) loved this game when it came out and unlike a lot of other rpg games it actually took risks with its characters and its story. It was very sad in places. The combat was also quite well done as well. The babe magnet extrordinaire will add this title to his previous list.
  • jonsaan 23 Jun 2012 17:42:40 25,342 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mighty Rose. Babe Magnet that you are, I think it would be rather fitting to remain on 69 posts.

FCUTA!

• el_pollo_diablo 23 Jun 2012 17:51:08 2,077 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Floella Benjamin was my first crush.
  • Murbal 23 Jun 2012 19:00:29 22,078 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    She still looks great too.
  • graz68 23 Jun 2012 22:03:42 114 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    sfp_noodle wrote:
    The US store is much better stocked for PS1 goodness than our crappy UK store. Titles like Dino Crisis 1/2, Spyro trilogy, complete Final Fantasy collection etc are all there. They also have a treasure trove of rare RPG's including classics such as Crono Trigger/Cross, Suikoden and Legend of Dragoon. I'd highly advise anyone interested in PS1 classics to purchase them from the US store. They also run faster at 60htz as opposed to the inferior PAL 50htz versions we have on the UK store.

The only possible downside I can see to getting them off the US store is if you plan on playing them on the Vita. If your Vita is locked to a UK account then it won't allow you to play games from other accounts. You'd have to restore the factory settings on the console and insert a different memory card before you could play PS1 classics on it which is a right ball-ache and a real cock up on Sony's part. They should have made the Vita like the PS3 where it can have multiple profiles on the console and anyone on that console can access all games. I hope that Sony eventually add this feature eventually otherwise I won't be able to access my entire PS1 library! Still, for anyone not too bothered about playing PS1 games on the Vita, the US store is miles ahead of the UK one.
    This is exactly why I still have my PSP for now.
  • INSOMANiAC 24 Jun 2012 18:22:22 3,829 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    iNSOMANiAC is interested to know why the mightyrose feels the urge to refer to himself in the third person, is to try and look cool or is he just a buffoon?

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Progguitarist 24 Jun 2012 19:00:46 10,420 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I suggest you stop taking the forum so seriously.
  • Zizoo 24 Jun 2012 19:15:42 8,277 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Please do not take TheMightyRose's name in vain.
  • oldschoolsoviet 24 Jun 2012 20:39:45 5,460 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ahhh, DcP/Madgod and his fear of foreign accounts.......still lolsome.
  • steveb07 24 Jun 2012 23:00:32 851 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Floella Benjamin was my first crush.
    Oooh, she was a bit alriight back in the day...

PSN: IIIQuid

• SlackMaster 6 Jul 2012 07:48:54 3,132 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @OnlyMe Are the games optimized for the Vita so you can make uses of both sticks? I thought the only games available currently only use on stick anyway.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• SlackMaster 6 Jul 2012 07:51:53 3,132 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RunningMan Yeah either Bushido Blade would be great, and Parasite Eve (Original). They got that one in the states but it was never released here.

The Tenchu games would also be good.

Any idea if there will be PS2 classics for the Vita? Here's hoping for Ring of Red.

PSN ID: To_Many_Rules

• Rufus 6 Jul 2012 15:06:20 1,754 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd love PS2 classics on Vita but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure it can play them but given how long it's taken to get PS1 functionality working, plus the fact that PS1 titles will be drip fed to us much like they were with the PSP, I can't see it happening. Not for a long long time at least.

Fingers crossed I'm proved wrong though!
  • GuiltySpark 6 Jul 2012 16:09:42 6,357 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just to clarify, we're going to have instant access to all of the current PS1 games available for PSP, right?

Get bent.

• OnlyMe 6 Jul 2012 16:23:28 3,104 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @SlackMaster sorry, don't own a PSVita. I'm waiting to buy one until there's PS1 support.
  • JayG 6 Jul 2012 16:35:41 842 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I don't think so, think it's going to be gradual releases. Nobody really knows, which is kinda annoying. Typical Sony, great gadget, do nothing to promote it. I ended up picking up FF 6 to 9, Syndicate Wars and Populos over the week, be great to have them on Vita.
  • mrpon 6 Jul 2012 16:35:46 28,749 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Just to clarify, we're going to have instant access to all of the current PS1 games available for PSP, right?
    Think it's a bit up in the air atm whether this will be a drip-fed PS1 thing or an entire back catalogue at once thing! Hopefully the latter.

Edited by mrpon at 16:36:50 06-07-2012

Give yourself £5 or ½ gig, you're worth it.

• GuiltySpark 6 Jul 2012 16:39:00 6,357 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GAH.

Waited so, so long for Resident Evil 2 to be released, please don't say I have to fucking wait AGAIN.

Pretty retarded if true.

Get bent.

• don81 7 Jul 2012 10:53:48 157 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I brought rally cross, used to love it. You can't play it it with the digital directions, turn on the analogue mode. Plays infinitely better. The car turns when it is supposed to. No reviews ever mentioned it years ago. Only found out by accident. First game out using analogue, before even the rumble got in to the pad. Great game recommended. But remember to put on analogue mode.
  • the11thdoctor 9 Jul 2012 22:07:39 2 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mrpon wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Think it's a bit up in the air atm whether this will be a drip-fed PS1 thing or an entire back catalogue at once thing! Hopefully the latter.
    This IGN article says that it's going to be everything that is currently available on the PSN store.
    http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2012/06/07/e3-2012-going-hands-on-with-psone-classics-on-vita
  • mrpon 9 Jul 2012 22:24:27 28,749 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Fabulous!

• Rufus 10 Jul 2012 19:49:25 1,754 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    From that article:

And strangely, some sort of widescreen support was promised. When I inquired whether that meant that the picture would be improperly stretched or if the support would still somehow retain PSone games’ native aspect ratio (which is 4:3), I never received a satisfactory answer.
    Why is widescreen support strange? Like with the PSP I want to be able to stretch the image so that the whole screen is utilised. The japanese trailer show the games playing with massive borders (I appreciate it's unavoidable if retaining the original aspect ratio) so I really hope that you can adjust the image manually like you can on PSP.

Good news about compatibility though, thankfully it seems that I have been proved wrong \o/

All we need now is a date!!
  • mrpon 10 Jul 2012 19:54:38 28,749 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've got MGS to play, then once finished hopefully the collection will have dropped in price!

• Page

of 19 First / Last