Splinter Cell: Blacklist Page 9

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• Raiko101 7 Oct 2013 04:17:12 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    OK. So online on the Wii U just doesn't work. It doesn't work. I've spent a good 40-50 minutes trying to get a game going with a friend. It just didn't happen. We each happened to find a room with the same guy in, but were unable to join each other. We tried joining each others game. Then inviting each other to our games. Then we tried searching for a public room. Again, nothing. It's completely broken.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• RedSparrows 13 Oct 2013 15:18:51 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just did some of the first of Charlie's missions. Horde mode. In Splinter Cell? Really?

Actually, yes - it's surprisingly fun, given you can play it any way you like. Had some great impromptu moments with my co-op partner - covering with smoke, dual execute, sneaking, sniping, distracting, charging-at-the-last-pair-flashbanging. All good.
  • Raiko101 13 Oct 2013 17:16:59 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I quite like Charlie's Missions. It doesn't quite make up for the Hunter Mode in Conviction, but it's a good leaderboard game. If you're going for the full 20 waves though, make sure you've got enough time. It took me 2 hours to make it to wave 15. I only failed 3 or 4 of the earliest waves, too. I had a smooth run from Wave 8 to Wave 15.

• saintedd 14 Oct 2013 09:01:56 301 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I bought this game after seeing the review on GINX tv, and got to say I love it. The way you play is the way you want sneak or rush or a mix of both.

A very underrated game that looks to have come out at the wrong time and been bypassed by many may even become a cult classic.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 14 Oct 2013 10:46:54 1,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm really enjoying SvM on this. It gets so tense when you're 80% into a hack and the mercs are extremely close to sniffing you out.

It's taken a fair amount of flak because the spies are much more able to defend themselves than in previous games, but personally I think it's good that a merc shouldn't just be able to charge blindly into a situation without first considering all the places that they could be attacked from.
    I hope it maintains a bit of a following, because it's great mode to just throw on for a change of pace from the usual mp games.

Apologies, Mr Sparrows, my gaming time is sporadic on the weekends. Just when it looks like I'm going to get a quiet minute the kids seem to arrive to pester my soul out.
  • DFawkes 14 Oct 2013 11:05:13 22,938 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    OK. So online on the Wii U just doesn't work. It doesn't work. I've spent a good 40-50 minutes trying to get a game going with a friend. It just didn't happen. We each happened to find a room with the same guy in, but were unable to join each other. We tried joining each others game. Then inviting each other to our games. Then we tried searching for a public room. Again, nothing. It's completely broken.
    Yep. There is an official Ubisoft Nintendo ID that I can't remember for the life of me that tries to update their current efforts to make their servers not broken, but it's mostly "We'll patch it soon!" then a patch comes out, then it's more "we'll patch the patch soon!".

They've at least acknowledged it's their problem rather than Nintendo, but that's of little use. I can usually get a Spies Vs Mercs game going, but if you want co-op it just doesn't seem to work, which is a problem when some of the content in the game is online only. New patch is incoming, but as I say so far they've not helped.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RedSparrows 14 Oct 2013 14:10:06 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Briggs' co-op missions - first one is pretty crap, but the next two are awesome! Good enough for SP, easily.

The game that keeps giving.
  • Raiko101 14 Oct 2013 14:18:26 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DFawkes I should have actually updated that post. I had another attempt at getting some co-op going the following night and things were much better. Not perfect. We had a number of disconnects thoughout the night, but I was able to complete all of Briggs' missions in one night, which was nice. The night after that was even better, with just a couple of disconnects. However, it ended abruptly when the servers seemed to go down at around 2am and we could no longer play.

• RedSparrows 14 Oct 2013 19:32:35 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This game is so silly - the co-op only missions are brilliant... and then end with a ridiculous 'man down' scenario, where you have to sit there, like a prize chump, shooting waves of enemies. Not only is it SHIT, but it also glitches: at one point I had an assault rifle, the next attempt, a sniper. Why what who? Does it swap with your ally? Is it set that way? It's shit. Like the UAV sequences in SP - shit. Pointless. They add nothing. So why are these dire sequences there, when they got so much of the rest of the game bang on?
  • Raiko101 14 Oct 2013 21:16:49 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They need something to 'fix' for the inevitable sequels. I must admit, that part really spoils the mission, somewhat. Did you not equip a sniper rifle during that mission? When I did co-op on that mission, my friend had the same issue. We made sure that we both started the mission with the very same rifle, which seemed to fix that issue.

• RedSparrows 14 Oct 2013 21:21:10 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I did have a sniper, so I can understand if I had a sniper rifle for that point (useless, but on my head be it... oh wait, thanks designers, for putting me in this shit place after 3 top-notch levels of co-op fun), but the switching between AR/sniper on different attempts was very odd.
  • Raiko101 16 Oct 2013 04:23:04 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll tell you what bugs me about this game. The Tri-rotor. At first I thought it was pointless, and to be fair it is, but it's fun. If you start using it, you start spotting vents on all the stages in which you can fit it in. It's nice just exploring the level a little more.

However, what isn't fun is when the enemy spot it and then some how know exactly where you are as a result. You could be a mile away, locked in a toilet, but when they see that Tri-rotor in the sky, they immediately know where you are. It's as if the Tri-rotor has a banner hanging from it, giving away your location. Thanks, Tri-rotor!

• DFawkes 16 Oct 2013 09:42:16 22,938 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That certainly makes it less useful. I rarely use it though, I like to get my hands dirty. Fantastic for those that like being a Ghost though, if it doesn't get seen. That's easier said than done given there's not much indication of how close you can get without sudden bullet related issues occuring.

On a positive note, the new update should be live on Wii U today. Patch No. 3 Notes. I only had one of those bugs affect me (random auto reload as a Merc, thankfully when I was okay to do so), and it's not really clear if it'll help with the server issues. I'm hoping they were patched too, but initial reports seem to be little change. So not really that positive.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RedSparrows 16 Oct 2013 10:08:07 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I barely used the Tri-Rotor on my Ghost play. It didn't feel right.
  • Raiko101 17 Oct 2013 05:38:07 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @DFawkes Apparently the server issues might be Nintendo's fault (unsurprisingly). If true, it's unlikely we'll see stability any time soon.

Saying that, i've had no problems playing Monster Hunter or Sonic & Sega All-Star Racing online. They both ran smoothly. The latter has next to nobody playing online anymore, but if I want to meet up with a particular person, i'll be able to find them straight away and play lag-free. Surely Ubisoft are to blame to some extent?

• RedSparrows 17 Oct 2013 11:07:48 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shame about the totally imbalanced matchmaking last night. Funnily enough, after you left, Broken and Jive, I played a couple more and was up against my level or lower every time. Weird.
  • JiveHound 17 Oct 2013 12:10:57 2,434 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I need to learn the level layouts properly. Most of last night was me shitting myself constantly as I got jumped on my a ninja time and again.

At some point I'll get round to trying the singleplayer.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• RedSparrows 17 Oct 2013 13:03:40 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, you do need to know the likely entrance/exit points.

I played a couple this morning, was good - balanced, tense, close.

We should do co-op too, it's really very good.
  • Br0ken_Engli5h 17 Oct 2013 13:30:45 1,194 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RedSparrows

Yeah, oddly I'm usually matched against players of a similar or lower level, but every time I've been on with you it's been against seasoned vets. Blacklist mode seems brutal enough as a beginner without being matched against players like that. I got my arse handed to me royally in that game after having decent games all night.

I think I much prefer classic, but I'll persevere.
  • RedSparrows 17 Oct 2013 13:48:14 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I prefer Classic too, but Blacklist is fun in its way. One problem you will have is learning what all the rock-paper-scissor gadgets do, and then unlocking them. Classic is much better for not having it, but there we are.
  • Raiko101 17 Oct 2013 16:56:10 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Man... That fourth mission (Private Estate) is a pain in the backside on Professional. How you're meant to get passed 'Super Dog' at the very beginning, when he can sniff you out from a mile away, I don't know. Tough as nails...

• RedSparrows 17 Oct 2013 22:26:00 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shoot him in the face. Or drug him. Or set up prox electro mines. I play Perfectionist levels as Ghost/Panther.

Edited by RedSparrows at 22:26:26 17-10-2013
  • JiveHound 17 Oct 2013 22:38:42 2,434 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I much prefer classic at the moment too. I think I'm going to stick to that until I know the maps.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Raiko101 18 Oct 2013 09:04:24 6,298 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @RedSparrows The thing is, as soon as I can see him, he can see me. Or at least that's how it seems. I had to try and time a proxy electro mine to take both him and a guard down at the same time, so as not to alert any more guards.

I've no idea how you're supposed to do that first section without disturbing anybody.

• -anon 23 Nov 2013 22:12:03 46 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    What are the best modes/settings to play SP for someone looking for a more 'classic' Splinter Cell experience (ie. stealth a necessity for the most part, direct combat only occasionally advised, when absolutely necessary)?
  • DFawkes 23 Nov 2013 22:16:32 22,938 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just play the single player Campaign, but play it that way. Stick it on Professional and gear up for not making people die, then just avoid everyone. It's mostly more about letting you play the game your way rather than having a specific mode for it.

There are also a string of mission (Grimm's) that getting seen is an instant fail.

Edited by DFawkes at 22:16:47 23-11-2013

• RedSparrows 24 Nov 2013 16:03:51 22,595 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ghost, with Ghost gear.

But a decent silenced pistol for when it's necessary.

On Professional, as Fawkes says.
  • killersrquiet 24 Nov 2013 16:56:22 1,998 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    hiddenranbir wrote:
    Anyone on ubiplay? Need some co-op professionals.

my name is yuushi on it
    Are people still playing the multiplayer?
  • Page

of 10 First / Last