Gears of War: Judgement Page 60

• Page

of 89 First / Last

• LeSpank 1 May 2013 08:47:48 483 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Jono62 wrote:
    The war ended 6 weeks before E-Day, however come on Duffman WE NEED INTEL!
    :-)
    I think you are getting me confused with Spank or Trout, they are the Gears masters...
    Now ask me about the action figures ( they are not dolls;-) ) and I can help you.
    Erm. I have actually learned more about the Gears universe from the last 2 pages of this thread than I ever did previously!
  • barbour99 1 May 2013 09:36:08 945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Insane definitely gets harder the more human players you have. When we had three in a game it was almost impossible, then doing it solo took one or two times because you can almost do a "COD-push" with the AI. Paduk's heroics in my playthrough are part of the reason why I like him so much!

Super-impressive to make 6 waves solo, Jono. Surely with a co-ordinated team we could manage it.

TL;DR - Anyone up for trying Insane Survival on Friday?
  • DUFFMAN5 1 May 2013 10:01:00 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just re-upped for the 3rd time :)...while waiting to download Far Cry 3 BD, where are you!

I do enjoy Domination.

Been a QT week so far with "the team" too much footie on I guess.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• killersrquiet 1 May 2013 10:08:03 1,858 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @killersrquiet

I have around 75 firgures etc that would be worth 100-150 each to the right person. The whole collection cost many, many hundreds of pounds, but I started collecting in 1990, and up until around 2005 I bought almost everything I could get my hands on.
    The idea is to put a lot of them on display in the "games/man room*" at the moment 99% of the whole collection is in the loft!

*the frontroom of my house, I share it with 3 guitars, 3 consoles (1 being a Gears 3 ltd edition of course), a Minidisc stereo ( old school ;) ) some Gears action figures...and our dogs.
    Well your front room sounds like a nice relaxing place to be. You should get the figures setup to complete the look. You'll feel better for it.

I see from the far cry forum your getting blood dragon. I can't bring myself to buy it after how ubisoft treated far cry 3 fans
  • Jono62 1 May 2013 10:12:01 13,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm available for insane survival. I was being medic and played about 4 games of survival and must have revived the AI about 50 times!

Hopefully should be on tonight.

Well done Duff. I'm close to a second re-up. Play too much solo survival which has hardly any XP.
  • killersrquiet 1 May 2013 10:14:32 1,858 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Pepsipop

Cole and Baird are always overused in survival. Personally I prefer Sofia as she her movement is more agile. Also found a love for paduk (should please vortex)

A few nights ago I gor stuck in a game with 4 bairds t was daft to say the least. 3 of the players were low levels so maybe didn't try survival which could have explained why 4 players defended one fence while poor old me looked a after the other.

You know things are bad when playing survival on casual and you can't get past wave 3:-)
  • northernlights 1 May 2013 10:41:19 648 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    reading this thread with alot of interest over the past few days. really getting into GOWJ multiplayer more than any previous Gears prob cos its possible to play in shorts burts. Horde was great but you had to put aside a good hour or so of no interruptions at home to complete it. unlike survival.

pity none of my friends seem to be playing this.
  • Vortex808 1 May 2013 10:48:35 6,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Add some folk from here, there's usually a few people on most days.

Probably at some point *every* day in BFG & Duff's cases!
  • northernlights 1 May 2013 10:52:55 648 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    gamertag is kelv1nator - feel free to add me. Im level 20 at the mo. with work and family i get on every now and then. Love to get to level 50 and also get some achievements
  • DUFFMAN5 1 May 2013 12:41:24 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    Add some folk from here, there's usually a few people on most days.

Probably at some point *every* day in BFG & Duff's cases!
    Hi mate
    How are you enjoying DD.
    Are you playing Gears over the weekend at all ?
    :)

• Vortex808 1 May 2013 12:56:21 6,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    How are you enjoying DD.
    Are you playing Gears over the weekend at all ?
    :)
    I am enjoying DD, even if I am getting my arse handed to me quite a bit just now. I also feel my pawn is a shit build and needs their class changed asap. Too many other EGers have Mage pawns, so my own is pretty redundant. She needs to be more fight-y instead of support-y I reckon. Shame you can't have multiple saves or I would have gone back and re-designed as soon as I knew that.

I have hired snoosnoo (level 27 version) who keeps giving me bits of advice about quests she has done already. It's quite a good mechanic that. what's the deal with hiring folk? Should I just keep in party for a few sessions or send her back at the end of each one? Do they level up for you?

I may well get back to gears for a bit at some point if there is a session going on, but you guys are usually well in the swing of it by the time I get on these days. I will be on for the the special event at some point, but if there is a session going on from 10-midnight-ish I will gladly join.

I am trying to juggle too many games just now though. A bit of bioshock, defiance, gears, skyrim, DD...... Too many games, not enough time.

I am also trying to avoid being tempted by Blood Dragon, so will await your verdict on that!

Edited by Vortex808 at 12:57:01 01-05-2013
  • barbour99 1 May 2013 14:14:07 945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Drop everything and play Bioshock. And then Gears.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2013 14:15:55
    @killersrquiet I'm all for Sofia too, I like to heal people and have a soft spot for a sawn off to the face.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 May 2013 15:09:01 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Vortex808
    bad news mate. Blood Dragon is ace, old gits like us will love it.

• Deleted user 1 May 2013 15:25:39
    Just had another lucky survival hardcore game, lucky as in four awesome strangers. 2 bairds,1 Cole, 1 Sofia and me as padok.

Mucho fun. Clearly the support points aren't balanced as I was last on support score although I was constantly dropping scout grenades and getting crazy amount of assists....I was top combat score though. :)

finished wave ten with 8% generator, those speedy bomb tickers are a nightmare.
  • BiggerBFG 1 May 2013 16:28:50 790 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

what's the quickest method of getting to the Corpser in Overrun?

i've about 20 kills and everything else is 100/100.
  • DUFFMAN5 1 May 2013 16:34:24 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BiggerBFG
    Hi BFG
    Grenadier, Use him until you get over 5000 of course, just do lots of damage in the first instance and then kill the cog :)
    I was getting approx 10 kills with a Corpser per map.

• legaldinho 2 May 2013 00:32:26 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Still haven't completed the campaign, but then I always found the geats campaihn a bit meh. Was a real struggle to keep motivated for Gears 3, which I only completed with some friends.

Anybody up for a private run of Master at Arms tomorrow? Was a laugh last time playing with the eurogamer crew.
  • LeSpank 2 May 2013 08:06:35 483 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @legaldinho I'm sensing a pattern that the traditional Gears fans don't really like the Judgment campaign and vice versa. You might like it!?

I'd love to hop on for a few games. Got my internet sorted now and need to get back in to Gears!
  • Deleted user 2 May 2013 08:53:50
    I love both campaigns, similar but also very different and all awesome.

Returned judgement and jumped straight back to my gears 2 run at the end of chapter 4, my god that's harder. It doesn't help trying to change weapons with Y and throw grenades with lb, so archaic.
  • legaldinho 2 May 2013 10:06:02 14 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @LeSpank Oh I think it's the best campaign yet. Fewer bells and whistle, right down to the action. But I still can't be bothered to play it.

(Hopped on to friends' games, and sorta probably played about half of it, in totally random orders...)

Edited by legaldinho at 10:07:05 02-05-2013
  • BiggerBFG 2 May 2013 16:35:33 790 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The BOOSHKA! cheevo can be done in private if you can get two people to play as Tickers (fastest) and you play as Cole.

i smell a boosting coming on!
  • Jono62 2 May 2013 16:40:44 13,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @BiggerBFG

What about the medic one?

Also does the babooska cheevo work if you have 2 controllers as we can do it tonight if you are about?

Edited by Jono62 at 16:43:11 02-05-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 2 May 2013 16:41:25 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @BiggerBFG
    How are you getting on with the 100 Corpsers kills ?

• Jono62 2 May 2013 16:44:56 13,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The best way to do corpser kills is on skyline. It's the only map I use. Still require loads of the others though.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 May 2013 16:50:18 14,435 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Jono62 wrote:
    The best way to do corpser kills is on skyline. It's the only map I use. Still require loads of the others though.
    how many more have you got to go mate. Wretches and serapedes were my biggest pain to get.

• barbour99 2 May 2013 16:57:22 945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just make sure you all still play once you've boosted through all the achievements!
  • BiggerBFG 2 May 2013 17:02:57 790 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pro Locust is done. Junkyard was my map of choice for this.

I'm up for tackling Babooshka tonite if there's a few of us. Hopefully it does work in private.
  • Vortex808 2 May 2013 17:07:48 6,975 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    O_O

WTF?
  • BiggerBFG 2 May 2013 17:13:54 790 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Vortex808

That's mental. No doubt there was a bottle of bucky involved.
  • Page

of 89 First / Last