Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted Page 24

• Page

of 26 First / Last

• brainbird 25 Jan 2013 11:25:18 2,214 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cheers you two.
    Faster than the Gayron? What's in it? An Apollo rocket?
  • brainbird 29 Jan 2013 15:18:54 2,214 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    brainbird wrote:
    I somehow completely missed the fact there's DLC out for this. Is it any good?
    New cars and events. I'm waiting for a DotW.
    Looks like the DLC will be discounted tomorrow from 800 to 400 MSP.
  • asphaltcowboy 4 Feb 2013 09:42:22 5,140 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    brainbird wrote:
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    brainbird wrote:
    I somehow completely missed the fact there's DLC out for this. Is it any good?
    New cars and events. I'm waiting for a DotW.
    Looks like the DLC will be discounted tomorrow from 800 to 400 MSP.
    Ooo, well then I shall grab it! Thanks
  • wobbly_Bob 10 Feb 2013 11:22:29 1,714 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Ok I'm finding this really frustrating. It's made it worse after reading some pages in this thread and see how easy people are finding it :-O

I'm not that far into it. I had to do a race where you need to escape the cops in under 2:30! That really got my blood pressure up. Then tried to beat most wanted no. 8... Grrrrrrr! I hate games that cheat. It's like ok its a most wanted race so let's make it artificially hard.

Maybe I'm just shit at it but I completed burnout paradise three times and haven't had trouble in similar games. Maybe I need to get my cars up to a decent level first before taking on the most wanted or I'm using the wrong cars?
  • mikew1985 10 Feb 2013 11:59:01 12,655 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Obligatory those burgers are slowing you down post ;P
  • wobbly_Bob 10 Feb 2013 12:03:15 1,714 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Obligatory those burgers are slowing you down post ;P
    Lol

Maybe the grease from my fingers is causing the to loose grip!
  • SYS64738 10 Feb 2013 13:25:44 1,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    Ok I'm finding this really frustrating. It's made it worse after reading some pages in this thread and see how easy people are finding it :-O

I'm not that far into it. I had to do a race where you need to escape the cops in under 2:30! That really got my blood pressure up. Then tried to beat most wanted no. 8... Grrrrrrr! I hate games that cheat. It's like ok its a most wanted race so let's make it artificially hard.

Maybe I'm just shit at it but I completed burnout paradise three times and haven't had trouble in similar games. Maybe I need to get my cars up to a decent level first before taking on the most wanted or I'm using the wrong cars?
    Maxing a car before attempting the most wanted races certainly helps. You will be surprised how different gear affects performance depending on course layout. And it goes without saying that trying to beat a Koenigsegg with a Dodge Challenger for example will be pretty tough.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• kosigan 10 Feb 2013 15:23:42 463 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @wobbly_Bob - the Ambush events are the most frustrating, that's for sure. Get away quickly around a few corners and you can do it under a minute (I think 28 seconds is my best); otherwise, it can take 5 minutes. The Speed Runs I found the hardest.

All the Most Wanted cars can be beaten using the Porsche 911 that you start with (I know, I did), but whichever car you use, make it (a) fast and (b) fully upgraded. The upgrades make a big difference.

Oh, and Burnout Paradise - I've completed it multiple times too. My favourite game of this gen.
  • wobbly_Bob 11 Feb 2013 10:24:14 1,714 posts
    Seen 30 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks for the advice, guys!

Finally managed to upgrade the BAC mono fully. And yes the ambush thing is a complete cunt and the time thing is worse. They took forever to beat and involved massive amounts of swearing! Beat number 8 now though so did make a huge difference.
  • Apollo 19 Feb 2013 18:59:58 523 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just started this, deffo puts me in mind of Paradise. Tr1ckys face is on EVERY billboard. EVERY ONE... : )
  • kosigan 28 Feb 2013 13:03:11 463 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Has anyone got the new DLC for this and, if so, is it any good?
  • Deleted user 28 February 2013 13:12:29
    Ordered this yesterday.

MY psn is cloudsheaven so if anyone wants to add me, please do!
  • Tricky 28 Feb 2013 16:53:53 4,374 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Apollo wrote:
    Just started this, deffo puts me in mind of Paradise. Tr1ckys face is on EVERY billboard. EVERY ONE... : )
    \o/
  • X201 28 Feb 2013 16:56:15 15,257 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mine arrived yesterday.

I've been playing Hot Pursuit recently and given the problem I've had finding online matches to clear the trophies, I'm going to get the online stuff for this sorted out at the start.
  • kosigan 28 Feb 2013 17:20:14 463 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @X201 - you have only to ask and I'm sure you'll find some people up for an online game of whichever game you choose.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2013 13:41:21
    so its arrived. Now downloading a 2gb Patch. For fuck sake.
  • X201 2 Mar 2013 14:58:17 15,257 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    so its arrived. Now downloading a 2gb Patch. For fuck sake.
    / me earlier :)

EA do give you some bonuses and say thank for downloading it. :)
  • kosigan 2 Mar 2013 17:43:55 463 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @joelstinton - I hope it didn't take you the 2.5 hours it took me on Thursday night. I haven't even loaded it up since then to see what's been done (other than the addition of the airport, of course).
  • lordofthedunce 2 Mar 2013 17:58:58 375 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm sure I was asked to d/l a huge update the other day and now it's offering another. Bit weird.
    Anyway, after struggling to get into this to begin with, not being able to drive more than 50 meters without crashing and having a 'mare shaking the cops, I'm now enjoying it lots. Two most wanted races done and a couple of cars kitted out, I'm not hitting the back of so many other cars!
    The rubber banding in the most wanted races is a bit annoying though.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2013 18:14:08
    @kosigan

only took me about 30 minutes. thankfully. a bit annoying as i wanted to spend some time with it as im away from home for a couple of days.

Enjoyed the couple of races i had though. quite like the streamlinjng of the city to make lapped courses. should make for.some great online races. loved paradise but didnt enjoy the racing that much due to the take any route approach.
  • SYS64738 2 Mar 2013 19:09:10 1,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Did anyone here actually buy the new DLC? Seems a bit steep but once I saw the Thunderbird from Smokey and the Bandit... Mmmm tempting...

• Apollo 2 Mar 2013 20:01:34 523 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That Integrale fully modded is hella fun to drive.
  • SYS64738 2 Mar 2013 20:28:02 1,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ok so I couldn't resist and splurged on the Deluxe pack... The selection of new cars is great (strangely the Ford Fiesta is surprisingly fun to drive for a slow car), and the airport is one big playground to mess around in, lots of high air jumps and rollercoaster paths around the complex.

The pricetag of 25 Euros is a bit cheeky but to be fair I don't buy many games these days and this one just got a life boost injection again. Am having fun.

• X201 4 Mar 2013 14:07:58 15,257 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Are there any EG meet ups in this?
  • Deleted user 6 March 2013 15:03:11
    online is doing my head in.

The instant takedown bullshit is rubbish. Every two seconds. taken down. Go in to menu to change stuff. taken down. fuck off. fuck off. fuck off. fucky fuck off.

And also the elimination stuff is shit. start. instant takedown. can't compete. fuck off.

Aside from that, its ok :) enjoying it. perfer burnout and need for speed at the moment, but i've only put a couple of hours into this.
  • X201 6 Mar 2013 15:11:34 15,257 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Same for me

Especially

The instant takedown bullshit is rubbish. Every two seconds. taken down. Go in to menu to change stuff. taken down. fuck off. fuck off. fuck off. fucky fuck off.
    And I'd add...

Park in quiet area during race to sort out Mods and menus, taken down by some muppet deliberately steering off-course to find you.
  • SYS64738 6 Mar 2013 21:01:31 1,654 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haven't really touched MP bar a couple of races - it feels a bit like hard work and doesn't really click with me. Hot Pursuit's MP is much better - shame that it's not as busy there (last time I checked).

• Deleted user 8 March 2013 23:16:39
    I finding the online ok now, its quite unforgiving at first, but now i got better cars and seemed to be in 'alright lobbies the pain as eased, and finding it fun.

But yeah i agree, HP online was much better, and i kind of wished i played it more to be honest.

The credits rolled earlier, a little surprised how easy it was to rack up those 1 mil points. At that awkward stage now where i don't have nothing really to aim for and just finish it off. I wanted the game to last me a month not a week!
  • Folant 8 Mar 2013 23:21:38 1,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    "I want the game to last a month not a week"

Main reason I'm only playing sometimes myself.

Plenty of back catalogue to go through from PS+ and Steam/retailer deals and sales, but got a hard few months coming up, got to make everything stretch, especially NFS, the single player was never too extensive in those.

Posted from my Nexus 4, not using Tapatalk 4.

• Deleted user 8 March 2013 23:29:35
    Aye i still got plenty to do, i think i only finished all the races in a handful of cars, it just now i don't have a barrier to aim for. I'm no where near full completion.
  • Page

of 26 First / Last