Registered 7 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    @TFM_Excalibur which format?

That'd help wouldn't it!
    360 mate.
  • DarthKebab 6 Oct 2012 12:29:05 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ok cool, should be on tonight with a few beers, never had an online match before
  • TFM_Excalibur 6 Oct 2012 15:56:07 1,029 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool DarkAssassin089 is my tag should be on about 7 ish
  • DarthKebab 6 Oct 2012 18:52:14 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Was planning on being on that time but got something to pick up at half past, will add you then
  • TFM_Excalibur 6 Oct 2012 19:16:08 1,029 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    no worries mate, be on after food
  • Slurmseh 7 Oct 2012 02:54:42 2,337 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finished my 1st season in the ML with Liverpool. Won everything, but sweetest of all was the FA cup. I came back from two goals down to beat Utd 4-2. Time to up the difficulty!

Brought Drogba in for my first season, did a job for me as Borini wasn't really that great. Also shifted Downing and Cole to Everton for decent money!

Going in to the next season I can't get anyone very highly rated in (despite being the 3rd best team in the world) so I have Reus and I've brought back Judas (Torres). Borini and Sterling wouldn't sign new (reasonable) contracts so they're off. Would like to get some more cover on the wings, we'll see how it goes.
  • DarthKebab 7 Oct 2012 10:03:24 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What level were you playing?
  • Daeltaja 7 Oct 2012 15:04:59 1,047 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Right so I'm done with this game. Trading it in this afternoon.

- Nearly every single goal I concede is from a lobbed through-ball, which I have no chance to prevent. Would help a bit if my keeper occasionally saved the shot. The rest of the goals I concede are from my keeper running out in a 1 on 1 and cocking it up.

- Defending is broken. Seriously, this one is the kicker. Half the time my defenders don't even respond to my button presses. They just flap around like retards while the attackers run circles around them.

- Heading is also fucked. Forced to play a ground game as crossing is pointless, as is corner kicks.

Playing against the CPU just doesn't feel natural. I thought we were over the whole scripted thing in football games but evidently not. Defenders literally glued to you, turn faster than the speed of light and players like Puyol out-pacing Nani just pisses me off no end.

Thought I'd change it up this year and get PES instead of Fifa. I won't get Fifa either, but am done with this tripe.

Shame really, there are some REALLY REALLY great things about this game, but it's shortcomings are too prevalent for me to truly enjoy it.
  • DarthKebab 7 Oct 2012 16:21:52 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    No offence but it just sounds like you aren't good enough yet, I could have levelled those things against it a couple of weeks ago.
  • Slurmseh 7 Oct 2012 17:23:12 2,337 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @DarthKebab Was on regular as I usually find that's the best level to get to grips with the new game. Have shifted up to Top Player but haven't played it yet.
  • DarthKebab 7 Oct 2012 17:26:33 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Probably professional would be better for you, top player can be nasty
  • Lyserberg 7 Oct 2012 20:35:25 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Probably professional would be better for you, top player can be nasty
    LOL ! You want him to get kicked in the ass numerous times, he might as well try out Top Player and see if it works for him or not :-)

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• kngbn79 7 Oct 2012 23:40:02 19 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Slurmseh think i need to up the difficulty level myself,am in the same situation, nearly finished 1st season in ML and have hammered nearly everyone ive played, am 10 points clear with 6 games to go and thrashed spurs 10-3 in the champions league with aguero getting 7 for 2nd time in the season, must have scored about 15 hattricks with him,id say 80 goals from him alone. am playing with man city 4-3-3 by the way

Edited by kngbn79 at 23:41:14 07-10-2012
  • Dougs 7 Oct 2012 23:57:32 67,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Languishing in 15th on pro, just about stopped the rot with a draw at Stoke after a shocking run since my last post! It's pretty unforgiving, but some of the AI is laughable, and the refs really give me the hump. So many fouls waved on. Grr!
  • Slurmseh 8 Oct 2012 07:15:06 2,337 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I actually switched to pro. And already I've noticed the filthy cheating AI. Twice in one game while I was up by one, my defender miraculously fails to clear the ball despite me hammering the button, and then the ball gets tapped in by a striker as my clumsy defender tries to dribble it like he's Maradona.

On the plus side, despite Torres only being rated 77, he's a beast. He can turn on a sixpence and all his shots nestle snugly in the corner. Had him and Suarez net a hattrick in the opening game of the season. Reus is a beast as well, has one hell of a shot on him!
  • Dougs 8 Oct 2012 08:22:36 67,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, also had a few games against top opposition (City and PSG in the CL) where the game suddenly sped up massively and they were pinging it about like nobody's business. And the finishing was exceptional, with players scoring belters whilst off balance etc. Frustrating. The forthcoming patch might fix a few things but I'm not terribly hopeful.
  • Lt_Drebin 8 Oct 2012 08:44:02 146 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Having spent a solid weekend in the grip of this I'm absolutely in love with PES again. It feels like PES 4/5 and I love the way they've fleshed out the ML. It might be helping that I've been sticking to FIFA since 08 so it feels like more of a leap than it probably does to anyone who's played the last few versions. Minandinho helped me secure a last gasp 2-2 draw with a 91st minute, 30 yard screamer out of absolutely nothing on Saturday night. I'm not ashamed to say I jumped out my chair punching the air. God it's good to have PES back :-D
  • Mattuk123 8 Oct 2012 09:29:18 138 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Daeltaja How much time you have with the game? What difficulty were you playing?
  • Dougs 8 Oct 2012 10:03:32 67,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I understand people's frustrations - all of the comments mentioned have occurred to me too. It's far from perfect, but I know most of the time, it's because I've made a mistake or am not good enough. I really have to concentrate on every game. Just when I thought I'd got it sussed, I make sloppy errors and get punished. And I don't think the AI will ever be much better in any football game tbh. There will always be some cheating/rubber banding going on.
  • THFourteen 8 Oct 2012 10:07:07 33,189 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Started a new ML with Palace. They are uber shit. Got trounced 3-0 by anderlecht in my warmup game.

Damn thing keeps crashing on my PC though, wonder if its my patch.
  • captbirdseye 8 Oct 2012 10:12:27 4,868 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Started a new ML with Palace. They are uber shit. Got trounced 3-0 by anderlecht in my warmup game.

Damn thing keeps crashing on my PC though, wonder if its my patch.
    Most option files are buggered at the moment and should be sorted after the patch on Thursday. Goes for all formats which is a pain.
  • DarthKebab 8 Oct 2012 10:17:46 403 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Frustration has always been a part of the series but then you learn why the AI is doing it to you, leaving a forward in space after you bring out your defender to close down the ball carrier is a common cause of a goal, keep telling myself to stop it but its difficult and is rightly punished.

Sometimes though there are "god goals" where you just can't stop them, it is usually when the AI starts with a trick or two at the beginning of the move, even then as in real football though there are some goals that you just can't stop.
  • Dougs 8 Oct 2012 10:29:14 67,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, that happens to me a lot. The only time I get annoyed when conceding like that is when a CB randomly leaves a gap as a result of me not knowing I was in control through bad player switching. Infuriating. But me moaning about that is like the changing of the seasons!
  • Lt_Drebin 8 Oct 2012 10:33:47 146 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    DarthKebab wrote:
    Frustration has always been a part of the series but then you learn why the AI is doing it to you, leaving a forward in space after you bring out your defender to close down the ball carrier is a common cause of a goal, keep telling myself to stop it but its difficult and is rightly punished.

Sometimes though there are "god goals" where you just can't stop them, it is usually when the AI starts with a trick or two at the beginning of the move, even then as in real football though there are some goals that you just can't stop.
    Yeah this seems to be my experience of the PES series as well. It can also be the AI highlighting a weakness in your squad. I love it when I finally make a signing to plug a troublesome position in the side and suddenly the cheap goals start to disappear. Very satisfying for me at least.
  • Mattuk123 8 Oct 2012 10:40:28 138 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nothing more satisfying than getting those 1-0 wins on top player.

Really loving this game can score such a variety of goals, saved a good handful already.

Also is great to see how different tactics and formations make a massive difference to the way matches play out.

Edited by Mattuk123 at 10:41:58 08-10-2012
  • Dougs 8 Oct 2012 11:25:32 67,191 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Very true - a game with Stoke really is a long ball game, needing different skills and tactics to defend it properly. Really surprised me, first time I've noticed such a marked change in approach by the CPU
  • Mikeeeboy1 8 Oct 2012 11:53:00 167 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is it me or does the A.I difficulty shoot up when you go from group stage games to the
    Knockout stage?
    Win group games 4 or 5-0 but struggle to score one or two goals in the knockout stages.
    Annoying but probably authentic to real life
    Competions.
    Lost in last 16 of the international cup as Spain 0-1 to Bosnia and Herzegovina, with a grand total of 3 shots on goal for me!!!!!
  • Deleted user 8 October 2012 21:23:28
    Weird, just won a game 14-0 on Pro. Think the AI just gave up after 5 or 6. When Minandinhio (sp) scores 10 in a game you know it's fated to be fairly one-way traffic.

My only reservations about this version thus far are (still) the lack of accuracy on long free-kicks. Other than that I'm just chuffed to bits that the shooting mechanic hasn't (yet) been fucked over.
  • SuperCoolEskimo 9 Oct 2012 01:30:25 9,779 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Started a Be A Legend mode this evening with Giovinco but the AI is just too broken to bother continuing with it. Very badly broken. Instead of playing simple passes, most players will try taking on the whole opposition team despite me hammering R2 while standing in acres of space and other CPU players standing in space too.

The defenders will often just run out of the way of the opposing attackers or run into each other. Buffon rolled a ball out to a defender, who stood still and let it roll past him to an attacker who hit it into the middle of an empty goal.

The PS2 BAL modes were never as broken as this, yet I play several matches on the PS3 version and I don't think the CPU players managed to string three passes together the whole time. So infuriating that basic, basic things are so badly broken.

Edited by SuperCoolEskimo at 01:31:49 09-10-2012
  • Page

of 41 First / Last