PlayStation 4 Page 3

• Page

of 774 First / Last

• Progguitarist 2 Apr 2012 22:40:17 10,422 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    lol...One tough bastard ^^

Personally, I'm going to wait and see what these new consoles offer game wise before deciding what to buy.
  • King_Edward 2 Apr 2012 22:43:27 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Whichever one lets me put a game in and play it without installing and updating it gets my money.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2012 22:46:05
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-02-wii-u-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers-say

As good a place as any I guess.
  • beastmaster 2 Apr 2012 22:46:54 11,338 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Could it ever be that both the XBox and Playstation have the same hardware in them?

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Dirtbox 2 Apr 2012 22:50:36 77,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Pretty much yeah, they do. The PS3 cut corners with the graphics card, but added a bluray drive. To get the Cell to do anything, they more or less had to emulate x86 operations to get anything worthwhile out of it. Powerful chip for sure, but about as useful as a n ashtray on a motorbike for a games console.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Dirtbox 2 Apr 2012 22:51:08 77,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Boab wrote:
    http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2012-04-02-wii-u-less-powerful-than-ps3-xbox-360-developers-say

Bomb. Dropped.

• megastar 2 Apr 2012 23:01:33 17,176 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Call me crazy, but i'm kinda getting a vibe that Dirtbox maaaaybe not too keen on the Playstation brand?

Edited by megastar at 23:02:39 02-04-2012
  • Deleted user 2 April 2012 23:02:27
    Who is anymore?
  • Dirtbox 2 Apr 2012 23:02:53 77,756 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All brands are equally shit in my eyes, I don't discriminate.

• megastar 2 Apr 2012 23:04:14 17,176 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, plenty of people i'm sure!

Unless Sonys mum is the one going out and buying all the Playstations and shit!
  • megastar 2 Apr 2012 23:12:18 17,176 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Naa the vita seems a bit daft to me!
  • JBlokeUK 2 Apr 2012 23:45:48 2,309 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    megastar wrote:
    Call me crazy, but i'm kinda getting a vibe that Dirtbox maaaaybe not too keen on the Playstation brand?
    'not too keen' is putting it lightly.

Apparently a PS4 will be released before the next XBox, if the ridiculous article on the front page is to be believed.

I like it when he's angry.

• Khanivor 3 Apr 2012 04:33:54 40,559 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Boab wrote:

I guess he's never coming back...
  • djronz. 3 Apr 2012 07:33:45 266 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Heh, current console games look horrific and aren't even at a decent resolution.

There's loads of room for improvement.
    If people thought that then everyone would have migrated to pc gaming a long time ago would nt they?
    most don't give a toss about resolutions etc and most of this gens console games look perfectly fine to these people. Graphics have reached a point where they are realistic enough to allow a player to bridge that gap when playing. All more power will do now is add higher fidelity and as we've seen with the consumption of mp3 in music..people in general are nt too bothered by that. This is why i say i don't think the upgrade is as obvious this time round and i think Sony and ms know it will be a tougher sell because if this.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2012 11:44:23
    New Ip's is what will sell me the next consoles. I hope Sony get rid of the current menu layout as well, it's incredibly bland.

Edited by Hindle at 11:45:08 03-04-2012
  • DodgyPast 3 Apr 2012 12:16:11 8,452 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    djronz. wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Heh, current console games look horrific and aren't even at a decent resolution.

There's loads of room for improvement.
    If people thought that then everyone would have migrated to pc gaming a long time ago would nt they?
    most don't give a toss about resolutions etc and most of this gens console games look perfectly fine to these people. Graphics have reached a point where they are realistic enough to allow a player to bridge that gap when playing. All more power will do now is add higher fidelity and as we've seen with the consumption of mp3 in music..people in general are nt too bothered by that. This is why i say i don't think the upgrade is as obvious this time round and i think Sony and ms know it will be a tougher sell because if this.
    So you don't care about tearing or stuttering frame rates, plus the compromises that are made to minimize them?

If you'd ever plugged a decent PC into your TV you'd be singing a different tune.
  • ResidentKnievel 3 Apr 2012 12:42:10 6,183 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He's talking about people in general, not how himself feels.

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• mrharvest 3 Apr 2012 12:44:11 5,194 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't care about tearing or frame rates. I think current games look beautiful if the art design is good. This was also true of the previous gen and the one before that too.

It's like with digital cameras. The modern cameras offer ridiculous megapixels and advanced features but when it comes down to it the original Epson R-D1 still makes beautiful, beautiful photos.

My only question is though, is there some untapped potential in the Cell? Everyone seems to think it's a bastard to code for and there's overhead due to whatever code translation or whatnot. Or is this it?
  • HisDudness 3 Apr 2012 12:55:11 974 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't think they should abandon the cell yet, it's not even in its mitotic phase. I think Sony will be fine if they work with developers to minimize potential inhibitors, and then by next generation it's power will have multiplied. I'd be worried if I were Sony's competitors.
  • Deleted user 3 April 2012 12:59:34
    What?
  • dsmx 3 Apr 2012 13:00:07 7,589 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The main issue with the current consoles is not processing power or gpu power you can work around those issues for the most part what you can't work around though is the small amount RAM, 512 when they launched was not enough and it's even more laughable now.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Widge Moderator 3 Apr 2012 14:49:53 13,479 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    He's talking about people in general, not how himself feels.
    Yep, my boss played through the pre-resolution boost patch of Ghostbusters without caring, I often wonder if my Dad will have even bothered to tinker with the graphics settings on his PC versions of Morrowind / Skyrim ... at the end of the day they are just caring about the game they play. Suddenly finding out that something is some pixels less, some fps lower or utilising an undesirable AA implementation will mean fig all to them. We are starting to get into a dangerous realm where technical prowess = benchmark of goodness.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• DodgyPast 3 Apr 2012 15:03:40 8,452 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrharvest wrote:
    I don't care about tearing or frame rates. I think current games look beautiful if the art design is good. This was also true of the previous gen and the one before that too.
    I'd say in general frame rates are some of the worst they've been any generation.

Personally I'm pretty sensitive to poor frame rates, the lag on the controls is something I struggle to adapt to.

Edited by DodgyPast at 15:44:54 03-04-2012
  • Widge Moderator 3 Apr 2012 15:10:56 13,479 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    mrharvest wrote:
    I'd say in general frame are some of the worst they've been any generation.

Personally I'm pretty sensitive to poor frame rates, the lag on the controls is something I struggle to adapt to.
    Iíve not been too bad on frame rates up until recent times where such a focus has been put onto them. Looking at some of the HD updates that DF have analysed, it seems we were happily playing through games that chugged along. I guess being on PC has made me a bit more twitchy as I know the options menu have items on it that directly impact the visuals. Every time I see ME3 dip a little bit I wonder if I should be pushing my 4890 to 1080p, whether stepping a notch down or two.

In the past, playing something like ZOE2, which got very particle heavy and chugged with it, the only thing I was concerned about was whether or not my PS2 was going to DRE on me or not. Hell, I remember going through the GTA games and bits of road werenít loading and some seriously epic pop in.

I think I prefer a dip in framerate to a tear though.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Triggerhappytel 3 Apr 2012 18:57:38 2,695 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    spacewarrior wrote:

deh CELL an itz POWAR innit
    Were you previously known as Spacedelete?!
  • Page

of 774 First / Last