The Walking Dead Page 16

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• kinky_mong 3 Jan 2013 10:15:57 10,137 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    ATVI own the license to the TV show games; the TT stuff is based on the comics license.
    Never read the comics, nor seen the TV show. But by all accounts the comics are far superior, and the TV show has gotten even worse.
    I'd disagree that the show has got worse, the first half of series 3 has been excellent.

As for the game, I've played up to episode 4 and it's been fantastic, one of the best games I've played in the last 12 months.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Zizoo 3 Jan 2013 10:51:08 8,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished this last night. My GOTY.

Can't wait for season 2!

Any guesses as to who the two figures at the end post credits were? I don't think it's Omid and Christa.

I've read all the comics up to this point so I'm thinking who else it could be...
  • Scurrminator 3 Jan 2013 11:00:54 8,403 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Syrette wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    ATVI own the license to the TV show games; the TT stuff is based on the comics license.
    Never read the comics, nor seen the TV show. But by all accounts the comics are far superior, and the TV show has gotten even worse.

So I'm glad Telltale have the license they do. Having two Walking Dead titles (3 if you include season 2 of the Telltale game) on the market won't be good for either though, it'll cause confusion.
    Cause confusion with who? The ATVI one uses imagery from the TV show on the box and is a retail title.

And if you haven't read the comics or seen the show how would you know? They are both equally great for different reasons.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Vortex808 4 Jan 2013 21:42:03 7,074 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Noooo. Don't ask me how, but this has glitched out on me and started from ep 1. Which has now overwritten ep 4.

Is there any way to just play ep 5?

Never mind. Found out how.

Edited by Vortex808 at 21:44:28 04-01-2013
  • Immaterial 6 Jan 2013 21:56:49 1,335 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally completed this after a three week break in the middle of episode five. What a story (let down by predictable anthropophagy).

Edited by Immaterial at 21:57:08 06-01-2013

Think I'll just switch everything off.

• CosmicFuzz 7 Jan 2013 07:09:31 23,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished it last night. Absolutely amazing. Tough ending...

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• AcidSnake 7 Jan 2013 08:51:41 7,241 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finally got round to this and have just finished Episode 4...

Much better experience than I was expecting...One thing that has to be said is that when there's no more room in hell, the horrible controls will roam the earth...

Christ, who play-tested the FPS bits and thought that was a good idea? At the very least it could have given the option to flip the Y axis...

Anyway, very minor niggle in an otherwise fantastic game...
    Sticking with all my choices so far except one where obviously instead of (episode 4 spoiler) shooting the zombie off Molly the sight drifted away and I put a round in her head...

The end of Ep 4 did set up something I'd suspected from the get go (that it'll be a final choice between Lee or Clementine)...Though it will probably throw some more surprises my way...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Paulie_P 7 Jan 2013 10:42:29 413 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @AcidSnake yeah, i hate when they don't let you flip the y-axis in games. Still, at least the FPS sections are few and pretty short.
  • Deleted user 7 January 2013 10:46:29
    Just finished this the last week. Really enjoyed it although I thought the last episode was a little anticlimactic.

It's amusing just how much the story and characters are more interesting than the tv series equivalent.
  • Deleted user 7 January 2013 11:52:29
    Did anyone else finish with 400/500 achievement points?
  • caligari 7 Jan 2013 22:54:37 17,024 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Wow - I think I'm cursed when it comes to trying to play this game.

I purchased the first three episodes on the 360, only to have my save corrupted three times.

I've now purchased it on Steam (via the Amazon.com offer) - but the game will not start up when installed. I get some kind of 'sync' error...then nothing.

I've just tried removing the game entirely and then reinstalling, but the same thing happens.

Any tips - apart from seeing a spiritual advisor?

Edited by caligari at 22:55:10 07-01-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 7 Jan 2013 22:56:13 23,869 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    HairyArse wrote:
    There's 5 episodes, silly.

Episode 5 of our gaming podcast Open Source is a Gamescom Special. Check it out here!

• CharlieStCloud 8 Jan 2013 20:20:00 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finally played the fifth and last 'The Walking Dead' episode.

... big huge wow!

As soon as Lee started to mentor Clementine to use a gun, I had a horrible gut feeling that she may well end up finishing his life, one way or another.

Although I was sad, I couldn't quite feel (heavily) emotional because I have people coming and going through the living room so, I could hardly play on my lonesome and invest in the characters quite like the way some of you folks could do unfortunately.

I was very much on no-ones side throughout the tale except Clementine however, I did stick up for the female characters more often than the blokes, especially Larry and the chap who ended his life, Kenny.

I could not believe I sided with Kenny almost throughout the entire series for him to tut and moan at me during one particular part in episode five ... he never helped Lee and for all the kindness I showed him, he was actually an ungrateful little sod.

He almost redeemed himself when he stayed by Ben's side to his - and their - eventual end.

Oh, and I must say, I thought Chuck was a wasted character (died way too soon), Molly was too helpful to disappear so abruptly and Lilly's story seems so unresolved ... maybe a few threaded tangles may hopefully reappear in series two?

And finally, whilst I though the ending was super sad, the part that got to me the most was actually the little boy in the attic. I was heartbroken and really didn't enjoy ending his life at all ... so harmless.

: (

It's going to be a painful wait until the next series ... do hurry along please!
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 11:24:44
    CosmicFuzz wrote:
    HairyArse wrote:
    There's 5 episodes, silly.
    I played and completed all 5.
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 11:26:33
    WTF.

I seem to have missed chapter 4.

But that can't be right.
  • Deleted user 10 January 2013 11:28:46
    No wait. I definitely did Episode 4. Girl with the climbing axe thing.

But I have no achievements for it. Weird.
  • aeschylus 10 Jan 2013 20:53:33 446 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    finished it, as others amazing....

one question, does the game change completely if you replay it but with different choices, for example if you save hursels boy over duck if the first episode, do you get to stay on the farm for example

or is it all just how you are perceived etc
  • geeza2020 11 Jan 2013 23:59:50 1,886 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've lost my save game on the 360 for the second time. It happened the first time when I first bought episode 3, and I used the fix to get it back. So I got a fairly long way into the episode before hitting the hay last night, and tried to go back to finish it just now and my saves gone again. I tried the fix again but now my progress is wiped to the start of episode three! So frustrating.
  • santashi 12 Jan 2013 00:33:02 5,103 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @aeschylus Nope. No real change, especially in overall outcome.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Syrette 13 Jan 2013 23:07:27 43,325 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Syrette wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:

So I'm glad Telltale have the license they do. Having two Walking Dead titles (3 if you include season 2 of the Telltale game) on the market won't be good for either though, it'll cause confusion.
    Cause confusion with who? The ATVI one uses imagery from the TV show on the box and is a retail title.

And if you haven't read the comics or seen the show how would you know? They are both equally great for different reasons.
    People might get the Activision one and expect it to tie into the Telltale game/storyline. Or vice versa. Or it might be not very good and put people off the Telltale version. That's all I meant.

• Syrette 13 Jan 2013 23:13:22 43,325 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I finished this earlier too. I played most of it this month after getting it during Christmas, but I'll put it down as my GOTY too. In fact it's one of the most memorable games I've ever played. Easily the one I've been most emotionally invested in, in 15+ years of gaming.

I'm thankful the game lets you pause it whilst making conversation decisions. I'd often have to think about choices for a fair few seconds. Often I'd regret my decisions and I really admire how everything you do and say has an effect in some way later on, whether significant or not.

I wouldn't have thought a zombie title would ever be something I'd fall in love with. The same goes for a title which could be called an 'interactive movie'. If anything it's a little too bleak and depressing though.

• Paulie_P 14 Jan 2013 00:15:19 413 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Syrette you paused the game to make the decision? - but the cool thing was the time and pressure put under you to make them!

Aw well different strokes for different folks!
  • Syrette 14 Jan 2013 00:19:44 43,325 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Paulie_P

Not all the time. And I agree with you. But on the other hand I found myself caring so much that I wanted to really think about the potential consequences. Which says a lot about just how well written I think the game is.

• DUFFMAN5 14 Jan 2013 05:06:10 14,589 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Started and compleated chapter 1 last night (360) and loved it. I was suprised by a few of the stats at the end of the chapter though...You uncaring bastards ;)

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Tricky 14 Jan 2013 11:53:38 4,374 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Paulie_P wrote:
    @Syrette you paused the game to make the decision? - but the cool thing was the time and pressure put under you to make them!

Yeah, the best way to play it is to stay in the moment. The decisions are always tough and staying in the moment made your choice that much more important to me.

As a few reviews have pointed out, it's not worth replaying to see what changes because it will just reveal how little does (spoiler: everyone dies!). Best to play through just once and make that *your* playthrough.
  • Zizoo 14 Jan 2013 11:54:58 8,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:

Can't wait for season 2!

Any guesses as to who the two figures at the end post credits were? I don't think it's Omid and Christa.

I've read all the comics up to this point so I'm thinking who else it could be...
    /\?
  • Paulie_P 14 Jan 2013 12:53:22 413 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Tricky wrote:
    Paulie_P wrote:

Yeah, the best way to play it is to stay in the moment. The decisions are always tough and staying in the moment made your choice that much more important to me.

As a few reviews have pointed out, it's not worth replaying to see what changes because it will just reveal how little does (spoiler: everyone dies!). Best to play through just once and make that *your* playthrough.
    I liked the way Telltale backed this up with the achievements as opposed to Heavy Rain, when the director said that he only intended for people to play the game once but then had achievements which required multiple playthroughs with different choices.
  • AcidSnake 14 Jan 2013 13:13:16 7,241 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:

Can't wait for season 2!

/\?
    Pretty sure it's no-one in particular...Just a scene to show Clem's reaction to them...Will possibly become characters in season 2...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Zizoo 14 Jan 2013 13:15:31 8,283 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AcidSnake wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:

Can't wait for season 2!

/\?
    Pretty sure it's no-one in particular...Just a scene to show Clem's reaction to them...Will possibly become characters in season 2...
    Yeah, just thought it could perhaps be someone from the comic, but there are so many characters that it's pretty impossible to tell.

Is it possible for Omid and Christa to die?
  • AcidSnake 14 Jan 2013 13:25:15 7,241 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not sure, they haven't in my playthrough...

• Page

of 21 First / Last