The Walking Dead Page 15

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• dominalien 30 Dec 2012 07:36:53 6,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Finished ep 5 last night.

Cutting off my arm at the start turned the whole thing into a farce, jarred me right out of the story and took away almost all enjoyment I had. It's clear the exact same scenes were designed for a two-armed Lee and they just don't work for an armless one. Especially as it's been cut off maybe 2 hrs before and he should really just be lying on the floor that whole time, babbling incoherently.

Overall I liked the game very much, even despite all that; definitely Telltale's best work to date, as far as I'm concerned.

PSN: DonOsito

• PhoenixFlames 30 Dec 2012 11:01:43 8,899 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just loaded this up on iOS and it's like I never played episode 2...but I did!

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Scurrminator 30 Dec 2012 17:49:55 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finally finished at 3am. Loved it. Hope they continue the threads in season 2 as plenty left hanging!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• captbirdseye 30 Dec 2012 17:51:27 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Finally finished at 3am. Loved it. Hope they continue the threads in season 2 as plenty left hanging!
    I believe it's totally different storyline with maybe cameos.
  • Syrette 30 Dec 2012 17:55:34 43,063 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Definitely a season 2?

• dominalien 30 Dec 2012 18:06:16 6,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Truly? Excellent if so.

• captbirdseye 30 Dec 2012 18:37:17 4,782 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I remember reading a while ago about the next season and they mentioned that the story wouldn't carry on.
  • King_Edward 30 Dec 2012 18:45:08 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Did you get a different ending to me? Literally nothing left hanging in mine.
  • Lexx87 30 Dec 2012 18:53:27 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    For me Lee's arm being cut off gave the final ep a great boost and added alot. I love games how everyone feels differently about things.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Scurrminator 30 Dec 2012 19:07:55 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Um
    the people that stole the boat
    Kenny and Ben (not seen killed so not dead)
    Lilly (I left her on her own)
    Omit and his wife; do they find clem? Are they the couple she sees after the credits?

I'm sure there are more!

Edited by Scurrminator at 19:08:12 30-12-2012

• Slint1000 30 Dec 2012 19:19:11 3,073 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finished the final part just now and nothing really seemed to be left hanging for me either. It was an absolutely fantastic experience overall and had probably some of the best written characters I've ever come across in a game.

I don't think I've ever been as emotionally affected by a game in my life.

:'(
  • King_Edward 30 Dec 2012 20:25:05 11,454 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm not the only one that balled like a baby at the end then?

Trying to will Lee back to his feet is so fucking painful. " *tap**tap**tap* "GET UP YOU BASTARD, SHE NEEDS YOU!" *tap**tap**tap*.
  • PhoenixFlames 30 Dec 2012 20:29:34 8,899 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished it! Truly awesome. Is it worth playing again and making different decisions?

When is Season 2 coming!!!!?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• dancingrob 30 Dec 2012 20:48:44 1,154 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I had to replay 1-3 due to a save bug, and I'd be inclined to say just to have a single playthrough as the shock / quick decision factor is gone on a second attempt at the game.
  • JoeBlade 30 Dec 2012 21:40:20 2,488 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:
    Finished the final part just now and nothing really seemed to be left hanging for me either. It was an absolutely fantastic experience overall and had probably some of the best written characters I've ever come across in a game.

I don't think I've ever been as emotionally affected by a game in my life.

:'(
    Just finished it too and these are my sentiments exactly. Amazing how such simple mechanics create such an emotional attachment.

And while the game didn't answer all questions I might have had I felt the ending was certainly adequate. I'd definitely prefer a second season with a whole new story and cast as well.
    Then again, I'm one of the few people who didn't mind the ending of Lost at all :p
  • Scurrminator 30 Dec 2012 21:54:08 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dancingrob wrote:
    I had to replay 1-3 due to a save bug, and I'd be inclined to say just to have a single playthrough as the shock / quick decision factor is gone on a second attempt at the game.
    This happened to me. Copy the save file from slot 1 - 3, delete the original then reboot. Profress restored!!!

• WrongShui 30 Dec 2012 22:10:34 6,598 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Um
    Omit and his wife; do they find clem? Are they the couple she sees after the credits?

I'm sure there are more!
    Well... Comic readers know what happens to Lilly
  • senso-ji 30 Dec 2012 22:16:38 5,791 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just finished Episode 2. Man, I'm not sure I can play anymore; everything is so bleak, and every choice I make seems to be a bad one. Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic, and well worth the 800MSP on XBLA a few days ago, but it doesn't half leave me depressed at the end.
  • dominalien 30 Dec 2012 22:18:49 6,835 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yes, it's very bleak. It's also very good.

• Scurrminator 30 Dec 2012 23:44:02 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    WrongShui wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    King_Edward wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Um

I'm sure there are more!
    Well... Comic readers know what happens to Lilly
    What? I can't remember her from the comics...

• Vortex808 31 Dec 2012 00:29:28 6,944 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    Just finished Episode 2. Man, I'm not sure I can play anymore; everything is so bleak, and every choice I make seems to be a bad one. Don't get me wrong, the game is fantastic, and well worth the 800MSP on XBLA a few days ago, but it doesn't half leave me depressed at the end.
    Just done that episode just now. This is great stuff. I could actually live without the more game-y stuff.

Just the conversations and decisions would do me. The other bits are a little bit clunky really and kind of break the immersion. Admittedly, some do add more tension.

This really does the comics proud.

Sadly, I can't recall lily from the comics either. I
    must have a skim through them again.

Editted even though there were no spoilers as such.

Edited by Vortex808 at 00:50:45 31-12-2012
  • Syrette 31 Dec 2012 00:35:31 43,063 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spoiler-tag that last sentence please.

• Slint1000 31 Dec 2012 08:21:08 3,073 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Regarding Lilly: The Wiki says they are two different characters but were originally going to be the same person.
  • Deleted user 2 January 2013 15:15:22
    So, the trailer for the FPS Walking Dead game is knocking about on the frontpage.

Holy. Fuck.

Embarrassing for the entire industry that a videogames company will attempt to release this utter turd in 2013.

At least we still have the excellent TT game anyway :D
  • senso-ji 2 Jan 2013 15:26:19 5,791 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wait, does the new Activision game effect TT's ability to make a season two? Is Activision now the sole owner of the rights to make the Walking Dead games?

Edited by senso-ji at 15:26:45 02-01-2013
  • Scurrminator 2 Jan 2013 16:06:49 8,378 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ATVI own the license to the TV show games; the TT stuff is based on the comics license.

• Vortex808 3 Jan 2013 00:07:53 6,944 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Shit. This is good. I am so drawn into the story I was nearly welling up in chapter 3!

/blouse
  • Syrette 3 Jan 2013 00:23:38 43,063 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    ATVI own the license to the TV show games; the TT stuff is based on the comics license.
    Never read the comics, nor seen the TV show. But by all accounts the comics are far superior, and the TV show has gotten even worse.

So I'm glad Telltale have the license they do. Having two Walking Dead titles (3 if you include season 2 of the Telltale game) on the market won't be good for either though, it'll cause confusion.

• neilka 3 Jan 2013 00:43:44 15,646 posts
    Seen 50 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No discussion of the "other" game in my thread please :(
  • Moot_Point 3 Jan 2013 00:55:27 3,914 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    This is brilliant on the iPad. That is all! /engrossed

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Page

of 21 First / Last