The Walking Dead Page 14

• Page

of 20 First / Last

• santashi 28 Nov 2012 21:38:35 4,933 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    They could do something like the Zero Escape series does, but I think even multiple endings would be quite nice.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Baleoce 28 Nov 2012 21:52:20 1,169 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    The problem with writing separate stories that don't return to main narative would mean the game would be come more linear or much shorter. Think of a  game length like a piece of string cutting it up to make parrelllel story lines make it shorter the only way to even it out is to share common threads
    I agree with you, multiple stories would lead to lesser quality, which is pretty much unacceptable. I guess what I'm saying is, their claim before each episode of:

This game series adapts to the choices you make. The story is tailored by how you play.
    is kind of misleading based on the above assessment. The games core story is superb and it doesn't need to state what it does before each episode in order to justify itself, or to give it a unique appeal. It stands on its own two feet as it is. It's less of a tailored story, and more of a "how your character (and those around you) reacts and is affected by his morality choices", except with no core-story repercussions. Which is fine, but what they claim, and what happens in the game don't match up. That's my only issue. I absolutely love the game as it is though.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• GiarcYekrub 30 Nov 2012 09:26:53 3,583 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Anyone know anywhere that can preorder this on disc for 360? I'm thinking of getting it for somebody for Xmas. Amazon and Play don't seem to have it listed or any date,price associated with it
  • Kostabi 30 Nov 2012 13:06:58 4,665 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I finally got around to playing Chapter 5.

Not much to say other than I'm now feeling a little bit miserable. It's definitely in my top 5 for GOTY that's for sure.
  • Rhythm 1 Dec 2012 00:44:28 2,375 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought it in the Steam sale last week, finished it tonight. Great stuff through and through.
  • stryker1121 8 Dec 2012 22:50:02 600 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just finished EP5 tonight after ironing out some save-game weirdness. A great experience overall and excellent story, even if my decisions did funnel into one inevitable conclusion. TBH i'm not sure how I feel about that, but TWD's core tale is excellent and gave moments of true shock, sadness and disgust.Can't wait to see where Telltale takes this next- it would be cool to get branching endings; failing that, please allow for multiple save states!
  • mikew1985 10 Dec 2012 22:17:08 12,069 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just finished. Massive sad face.
  • Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 15:48:46 9,563 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not played this, want to, but was wondering. Would this lend itself to the touch screen of the Wii U? Or should i just buy it on PS3 now. It's not been announced or anything, was just wondering.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 16:39:25
    @Gambit1977 Buy it on the PS3.
  • IronGiant 12 Dec 2012 00:04:20 4,422 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Still no UK release date for the disc version?
  • Scurrminator Moderator 12 Dec 2012 00:27:10 8,291 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucking LIVE Cloud lost my save. Piece of shit. Need to start episode 2 all over :-(

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• WrongShui 12 Dec 2012 00:45:44 6,574 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Fucking LIVE Cloud lost my save. Piece of shit. Need to start episode 2 all over :-(
    Oh no a couple of hours wasted! I lost my save due to hard disk drive breaking, had to redo all the way up to episode five!
  • Scurrminator Moderator 14 Dec 2012 22:58:19 8,291 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Cloud saves do not work with this game. It will restart you on episode 1 (though it seems any completed episode choices are saved).
    Fucking game!

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• dancingrob 21 Dec 2012 00:18:09 1,132 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    just finished playing through Eps 4 & 5 over the course of the last week, following save game problems after Ep3.

It's incredibly erratic about loading a new game, and I've had multiple problems with it, but despite this, it's still one of the best games I've ever played.

I actually found the moment with the starving boy zombie in Ep4
    sadder than the final ending, which I'd kind of expected had been coming for a while. For some reason, it really got me.

Regarding the big decisions, I chose to let Ben fall, he seemed rather unstable by that point, and was begging for me to drop him, so I let him go.

All three remaining people agreed to come with me and half my remaining arm to find Clem.

I also found the stranger a slightly weak 'reveal', as 'he's crazy' didn't really do it for me as a motivation. I couldn't quite buy that he was crazy enough to kidnap Clem, but still had enough sense to avoid the zombies / manage the extreme level of planning etc.

I told Clem just to leave me there at the end, I just didn't want her to have to shoot me. In my mind, those two figures at the end were moving too quickly and purposefully to be zombies.

As others have said, the way the game makes you feel protective of her is some achievement, and perhaps only Nier has come close to that - another game that has a 'daughter' character, so maybe that's the way to go for emotional engagement.

• JoeBlade 24 Dec 2012 19:04:11 2,413 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Got the package in the Steam sale and blimey, this is a bit good innit?

I have a question though - and I feel like a dunce for asking: how do I use something out of my inventory (PC version)?

The game probably indicated this at some point but having switched games a lot with the sales and all I completely forgot and the control settings screen doesn't mention inventory.
  • JoeBlade 24 Dec 2012 20:27:56 2,413 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Never mind, I figured it out. Just a case of me being bit of a Derposaurus Rex there.

I finished the first episode now and I'd say this is pretty damn brilliant. A different style than the TV series (probably closer to the comics, which I haven't read) but just as much focus on the depth of the characters, which is what makes The Walking Dead work.

I almost find it hard to believe TellTale made this, considering how their adventures are usually very lighthearted and optimistic.

In any case: excellent work TT, keep it up!
  • captbirdseye 25 Dec 2012 01:43:29 4,344 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GOTY by a country mile for me and I can't remember the last time that I enjoyed game so much. Some of the characters in this really do piss all over the TV show. Bring on season two :D.
  • Radamel 26 Dec 2012 00:12:30 579 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Any chance of the retail version that came out in the US getting released here in Europe?

Edited by Radamel at 00:21:11 26-12-2012

Ó mar salgado, quanto do teu sal
    São lágrimas de Portugal!
    Por te cruzarmos, quantas mães choraram,
    Quantos filhos em vão rezaram!
    Quantas noivas ficaram por casar
    Para que fosses nosso, ó mar!

• Kujata 27 Dec 2012 14:36:54 2,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DSR3 wrote:
    Was I the only one to never get a single save game error on the PC version?

It was really sad but I did not cry, I saw it coming as soon as he taught Clementine how to use a gun. I actually felt more sad for the Kenny and Ben death sequence. How does Kenny die if you don't have Ben with you?

Roll on Season Two!
    Episode 5 spoilers

If you don't have Ben with you Kenny 'dies' by jumping down in to an infested room to save Christa, after bumping Lee and causing him to drop the Walkie Talkie in there. I say 'dies' because it's an off-screen death. You don't see him die, or even hear him get chomped on. If they wanted him back for Season 2 he could have escaped somehow.

santashi wrote:

I also accidentally killed the stranger because I didn't realise how the QTE was panning out until too late. I just assumed if I stopped hitting buttons I would die. What does actually happen if you don't fight him?
    Episode 5 spoilers

If you fail the QTE with theStranger then Clem shoots him in the head. She's growing up, I guess...
  • Kujata 27 Dec 2012 14:54:54 2,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So just finished Epiosde 5, and loved it. Not sure if it's my GOTY, but certainly one of the best stories I've played in a long time.

I only real have two criticisms.

1) I don't really like the fact you can outright fail QTEs. There were a couple I was being ham fisted at, and ended up doing several times over. It just totally breaks the flow of the story, and really snapped me back in to 'oh, yeah, I'm playing a game'.

I think I would rather that failing a QTE simply means something different happens. For example, failing to take down an advancing walker in time could mean someone else has to save you. They'll remember that, maybe bring it up in later conversation. Maybe use it against you.

Maybe this would be too hard to make work for the whole game. I just feel that it's the only thing that snapped me out of an otherwise great story.

(Minor overall story spoilers ahead)

2) I think it would been nice to have characters stick around a bit more. I seemed to meet, and then lose, some really interesting people in the 12 hours it took me to play the whole thing. I think the best example was Chuck. He seemed like a really interesting guy, I wanted to know his back story. And then in a brief few scenes he was gone.

(Spoilers end)

Still, it was an excellent game. These are really the only things I didn't like, and they are minor. Really interested to see what they do with season 2. I think it'll be hard for them to create a bond as strong as the one between Lee and Clem. But I got my fingers crossed that they can. And that others devs are watching and taking notes.

Edited by Kujata at 14:58:11 27-12-2012
  • INSOMANiAC 27 Dec 2012 19:13:00 3,788 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Started playing this the other day and got hooked, just done episode 3 which dragged a bit but fuck me 2 was excellent!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Dec 2012 19:20:29 36,283 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, I just finished 2 this afternoon. Damn, that's grim.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• PhoenixFlames 28 Dec 2012 18:03:34 8,781 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is awesome. Just bought the series on iPad and finished Episode 2. Such an awesome story and game. I don't want to play anymore tonight or I'll finish it too soon!

I drive an automatic 'cause I'm too cool to change gears.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• andywilkie35 28 Dec 2012 18:07:15 5,338 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Starting Episode 5 after dinner, blitzed through the rest in two days.

Late contender for my GOTY for sure.

PSN ID & Xbox Gamertag: Wedjwants

• MrTomFTW Moderator 28 Dec 2012 19:24:07 36,283 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well 3 has put me on a real down. SIGH.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• griff_dai 28 Dec 2012 20:01:10 400 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    has picked up all 5 today, playing through them and it has my other half interested... truly a miraculous piece of software for that alone!!!!
  • JoeBlade 28 Dec 2012 20:55:43 2,413 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Well 3 has put me on a real down. SIGH.
    The death of Carley (in my case) and Duck were certainly depressing but it doesn't have a punt on episode 2 IMO.
    Both the overarching story and the individual choices - even just deciding who to hand out food to - are just wrecking in that episode.
    I equally eagerly await and dread what episodes 4 and 5 will bring.

That said, I continue to be amazed at the depth of the characters; TWD dwarfs most other games I've played in that regard.
    Even Lee - who is supposed to be somewhat of a blank slate due to game mechanics - has personality in spades. Incredible.
  • Rodriguez 29 Dec 2012 18:57:33 1,080 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Shit! Finally had some time to play some games today and decided to try the free Episode 1 of this that was given out earlier in the week on 360. I have to say I was really enjoying it so decided to check out how much the other episodes were, and to my surprise only 200MSP each!!

Grabbed 400 points off GAME via digital download to top up my points and went to buy them all. Clicked on 'buy' for Episode 2 and.... 'There is a problem with Xbox Live'!! Tried to buy the other episodes, same thing... Tried multiple bloody times, still no luck. Go off and have some food for 40mins, come back - still showing 200MSP on display pages. Click into the 'checkout' window and they're now showing as 400MSP each, fucking Microsoft!

Ah well, will just have to wait to see if they're dropped in price again sometime in the distant future :(.

/whine over.
  • kadooosh 30 Dec 2012 03:07:45 1,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rodriguez wrote:
    Shit! Finally had some time to play some games today and decided to try the free Episode 1 of this that was given out earlier in the week on 360. I have to say I was really enjoying it so decided to check out how much the other episodes were, and to my surprise only 200MSP each!!

Grabbed 400 points off GAME via digital download to top up my points and went to buy them all. Clicked on 'buy' for Episode 2 and.... 'There is a problem with Xbox Live'!! Tried to buy the other episodes, same thing... Tried multiple bloody times, still no luck. Go off and have some food for 40mins, come back - still showing 200MSP on display pages. Click into the 'checkout' window and they're now showing as 400MSP each, fucking Microsoft!

Ah well, will just have to wait to see if they're dropped in price again sometime in the distant future :(.

/whine over.
    Literally the exact same thing happened to me. Gutted. Really not up for paying double what i could have. Any idea if they will come down again?
  • Page

of 20 First / Last