The Walking Dead Page 2

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• SFD 28 Apr 2012 20:49:13 481 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I quite enjoyed it, but I will probably wait for a sale before purchasing the other episodes.
  • SlippedDiscs_of_Tron 29 Apr 2012 00:40:20 23 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Loved it! Excellent characters, snappy writing and plenty of human-on-zombie carnage. Bonus points for having what is probably the least annoying child character to ever appear in a video game. I liked the more guided, plot-intensive approach, too - really allowed them to milk that air of tension and mistrust that is the hallmark of all good zombie-fiction. It's gonna be a long month.
  • heavy_salad 29 Apr 2012 00:55:44 715 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I really think Telltale have nailed it. I wasn't sure it would work at all to be honest either.
  • Lotos8ter 29 Apr 2012 08:29:44 2,350 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TRUTH wrote:
    Seemed like a quick time event game, rather then realtime action - which could become a bit boring.
    There's a couple of Quicktime events but its more about atmosphere and talking to characters and making decisions, frequently split second decisions too.
    I love the subject matter and the comics and the style of game is right up my street as well. Very much looking forward to the remaining episodes.

Fiat Lux

• Fydria 29 Apr 2012 13:31:38 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finished this last night. The storyline and choices really do suck you in. Really looking forward to the next episode now. The stats at the end was a nice touch too. It seems I was part of a very low % to save Doug.
  • monkehhh 29 Apr 2012 13:35:41 3,267 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yep, 100 per episode.
    (Very uninteresting ones too, just playthrough the game.)

Edited by monkehhh at 13:36:13 29-04-2012
  • Fydria 29 Apr 2012 13:44:16 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Facepalm The pre-launch DLC for Dead Rising 2 was very good, I'd support it every time over day-one DLC. Hopefully more companies might follow suit.
  • Whizzo 29 Apr 2012 14:29:57 43,033 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone bringing up Dead Rising in this thread is very special.

And by special I mean "completely missing the point of what The Walking Dead is."

This space left intentionally blank.

• Fydria 29 Apr 2012 14:36:17 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Meh, it's not the worst thing to be called on here. :D
  • lavalant 29 Apr 2012 15:06:15 1,266 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's a point and click game at heart, but with a few action timed sequences, the Stealth sequence was pretty good, but I'd like the puzzle to be a bit more challenging, the pillow, the spark plug were the only items available and doh! the only items needed to kill the zombies/break the window. and there was no punishment for trying to use the pillow to break the window (which I tried to do) instead one of the other characters stopped me
  • Deleted user 29 April 2012 23:28:16
    I enjoyed the hell out of it. Roll on the next episode \o/
  • Grump 30 Apr 2012 08:08:31 1,180 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished it - really liked it. Can't wait for the next episode.

The sneak preview for the next episode looks interesting....captures the feeling of the comic book way better than the TV show did.
  • AccidentProne 30 Apr 2012 09:28:16 1,152 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Reckon I'll be picking up the rest of these, thought that was pretty good and can't wait for the next episode.

Was wondering about a few things afterwards though, possibly just something I missed. Like, where were the rest of Hershel's family? Were they even mentioned? Also, how long was Lee supposed to have been out cold in the car at the start? He made some comment about Clementine surviving on her own for days... Oh and I thought it was a bit of a stretch that they ran out of fuel just outside his folks pharmacy...
  • MadCaddy13 30 Apr 2012 09:49:53 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    AccidentProne wrote:
    Reckon I'll be picking up the rest of these, thought that was pretty good and can't wait for the next episode.

Was wondering about a few things afterwards though, possibly just something I missed. Like, where were the rest of Hershel's family? Were they even mentioned? Also, how long was Lee supposed to have been out cold in the car at the start? He made some comment about Clementine surviving on her own for days... Oh and I thought it was a bit of a stretch that they ran out of fuel just outside his folks pharmacy...
    just go with it bud ;)
  • Lotos8ter 30 Apr 2012 09:55:00 2,350 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It would be good for replays to be able to skip cutscenes or conversations you already know so you can try different options. I appreciate its a really minor gripe though

Fiat Lux

• Deleted user 1 May 2012 23:05:02
    I really enjoyed the first episode of this. Kirkman always said he wanted the Walking Dead to focus more on the people rather than the zombies and Telltale have accomplished this.

Few niggles here and there but the good definitely out weighs the bad. Far more impressed with it than the television series and the next episode definitely looks to up the ante considerably. Will also probably give this a replay to see how different things can be by taking sides.

Can't wait for the next episode!
  • Zizoo 3 May 2012 08:31:56 8,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    This was excellent imo. I'm a massive fan of the comics, and the intense decision making really made me feel like I was part of The Walking Dead universe.

Not too sure if I'll play through it again as I am pretty happy with how it turned out, besides one thing, I wish I had saved Doug rather than the girl who's name I can't remember right now! :-P He was much more interesting than her, but my brain said "save the girl".
  • AccidentProne 3 May 2012 08:43:11 1,152 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ZizouFC Haha, that's exactly what happened with me too. In hindsight, that's my only real regret as well. From the stats at the end, seems like most people did exactly the same.
  • Zizoo 3 May 2012 08:58:55 8,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh :)

Well another thing I could see playing out quite differently is a decision made right at the beginning: choosing to leave the house during the day, or waiting till night, I chose differently in the demo to what I did in the full game and you are greeted by a different set of people... Well, one guy wasn't the same. I don't think I will do it over though.
  • rock27gr 19 May 2012 16:18:02 5,560 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just finished this, I didn't find it that interesting game-wise, but found it great as an interactive story type of game. Can't wait for the next one, the story does grab you.

I also went for the girl, but my reasoning was that with the gun we could maybe save Doug too. Should have known better I guess.
  • Fydria 21 May 2012 18:50:33 561 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Part two must be out very soon eh?
  • Zizoo 20 Jun 2012 12:20:25 8,096 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    When is the next one out?? :(

Oh... end of June

(Sorry. I should check the results of my Googling before ranting)

Edited by ZizouFC at 12:21:59 20-06-2012
  • MadCaddy13 20 Jun 2012 12:33:01 1,856 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thougt they were gonna do one once a month not once every 3 months!
  • Page

of 21 First / Last