Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 507

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• Tryhard 12 Mar 2013 14:50:29 3,667 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They threw a bucket load of easter eggs in this dlc.

If you come across Dino footprints leading out of bounds on the snow map.Follow them and make sure you have the game sound up.;-)

Dino stuff,snowmen,and pink teddy bears.
  • Syrette 12 Mar 2013 15:03:38 43,062 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    End Game is out this week?

Not another game (DLC) to add to my pile!

/first world problem

• Kid_Icarus 12 Mar 2013 15:31:39 556 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't understand why the patches are so big.
    Surely you'd only include new weapons and actual patch stuff in there, then stick maps and vehicles in the actual DLC download instead. But it seems like the guys at DICE think everyone needs to download the lot twice. Madness.

/waiting on the downloads
  • ecureuil 12 Mar 2013 18:07:48 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBrOnqsU_eE
  • rudedudejude 12 Mar 2013 18:17:27 2,152 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It wasn't designed for consoles and shoehorned in for sales. The fact they did no map adjustments for lower player count shows it clearly.

Shame but look forward to bf4 where they might have consideration for consoles from the start. Wonder which had more sales though.
  • ecureuil 12 Mar 2013 18:21:15 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The game makes sacrifices for both versions.
  • Doomspoon 12 Mar 2013 19:23:19 2,414 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kid_Icarus wrote:
    I don't understand why the patches are so big.
    Surely you'd only include new weapons and actual patch stuff in there, then stick maps and vehicles in the actual DLC download instead. But it seems like the guys at DICE think everyone needs to download the lot twice. Madness.

/waiting on the downloads
    Yeah, I don't get this. My brother must be one of the last 5 360 owners to still have a 20GB HDD, it's now at the point where he can no longer play BF3 as he just doesn't have the space on the HDD.
  • fletch7100 12 Mar 2013 19:41:45 6,936 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    At least with BF4, console and PC versions should be identical in scope. Well the next gen console versions, part of the leaked info from last year if true mentioned PS3 and 360 versions
  • agparrot 12 Mar 2013 19:44:16 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not sure what about next-gen consoles will make it possible to have more players though.

Presumably it'll be a much, much shinier Battlefield game, but why wouldn't it still be restricted by the networks the current consoles already run on?

Or is it just a matter of system resources?
  • ecureuil 12 Mar 2013 19:49:19 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's the memory that's the problem. Next round of consoles should be fine in that regard.
  • ecureuil 12 Mar 2013 19:51:40 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rumoured leaked screenshots of Battlefield 4.
  • agparrot 12 Mar 2013 19:53:46 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    But does it have a proper lobby, are are we going to be left with the same backwards system we've got now?
  • ecureuil 12 Mar 2013 20:08:16 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It'll be less of an issue in 64 player games.
  • fletch7100 12 Mar 2013 20:10:11 6,936 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So BF3 was a beta for BF4 then:). Hopefully they have learned from their mistakes with the lobby system
  • Scurrminator 13 Mar 2013 09:16:15 8,378 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well those motorbikes are pretty fun!
    Actually really enjoyed the capture the flag game mode too.
    Air Superiority is also quite amusing; 22 planes in the sky. They should use those blimps for normal conquest game types so the planes can have an effect on the outcome proper rather than just killing things.
    Got most of the achievements for it in a few games, no 'kill with these weapons in one life' types this time :-(

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• neilqpr 13 Mar 2013 09:28:14 2,828 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Played a few rounds on the new maps last night, again they seem good but again I feel like I'm all burned out with this game. I don't think buying premium has helped me either. I download it day one, I play against level 100 colonels with no life, get brutalised, I go and play something else.
  • Alastair 13 Mar 2013 09:36:52 15,432 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Is there any attempt at level matching in the online game?
    I'm at a lowly level 41 so tend to experience similar things to what neilqpr just described. Unless there's more of an EG team present in the game.

Not as nice as I used to be

• Scurrminator 13 Mar 2013 09:48:58 8,378 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thing is the people that have the maps at the moment are all premium members and thus most of them will be putting hardcore hours into the game so you will only get matched with them really.
    Maybe in a few weeks when the plebs have access to it you can play them?

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• neilqpr 13 Mar 2013 10:11:19 2,828 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah I think I had the same moan when aftermath came out, but I just never bothered going back to it.

And in two weeks time I'll be playing Bioshock, so, you know, Battlefield schmattlefield.
  • Alastair 13 Mar 2013 10:15:19 15,432 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I will stick with it - I try to ignore my k/d ratio anyway as it is really shit.

Not as nice as I used to be

• psychokitten Moderator 13 Mar 2013 10:26:54 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played it for a few hours last night with very fine peoples. We did well (though our teammates did not, necessarily), but I had pretty much been feeling burned out on BF3 as well, and while I really enjoyed the new maps, it's still just the same game (but with awesome ramping of bikes).

I can see myself playing it a bit more again now the new maps are out and people will be playing again, but not like before. And as Neil says, Bioshock Infinite is out soon, so I won't even remember what Battlefield is then.
  • neilqpr 13 Mar 2013 10:30:11 2,828 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh I couldn't give a fuck about k/d ratios, but getting creamed at every turn is no fun. I think I was fourth highest scorer in one of the games, still wasn't that much fun.
  • Whizzo 13 Mar 2013 10:40:33 43,033 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I really enjoyed Origin deciding to redownload the entire game for me as well as End Game when I fired it up last night, throw that in with the 360 downloads and it's just as well I'm not on a limited usage package.

This space left intentionally blank.

• ecureuil 13 Mar 2013 12:57:58 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The level 100's make things really tough. It's weird because there still seems to be a huge gap between level 100's and everyone else. ie. you see lots of colonels from level 1 to 60, then tons of 100's. I guess if you're going to play the game loads then you'll go all out and make rank 100. They ruin the game for everyone else though, it's annoying. If you're having a decent game and then two level 100's join the other team, you might as well write the game off since they're just going to stomp you and it won't be any fun. The low player count means that just one or two really good players can affect the outcome of the entire game. I used to check the player list before joining so I could avoid games with them, but they're so common now it's virtually impossible.
  • Tryhard 13 Mar 2013 12:58:42 3,667 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    neilqpr wrote:
    I play against level 100 colonels with no life, get brutalised,
    I am level 100,am married, and I think I have a life when I last checked.Just don't waste money on other console games anymore[the wife bought BF3],and when I feel like a non pc gaming session,all I play on xbox is BF3 now.And even that is only a few rounds a week.

Do not know if it was the server I was on but Riverside textures were taking 30 seconds to load.And the LAV was floating a few feet off the ground in base.Not good.

Had fun shooting people on bikes,and dropping out of the aircraft in a IFV behind enemy lines.And had some nice moments on the Nebandan Flats map.But got bored of players dropping out and having to find new servers after each round,so turned off. Surprised I only saw one C4 biker in the few rounds I played on the new dlc though.
  • ecureuil 13 Mar 2013 13:27:13 76,491 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It takes around 800 hours to get to 100. It's a lot but not unreasonable, and the game has been out since November 2011. There are games I've put far more hours in to but I'm still only at 387 with BF3, despite it feeling like a lot more. Probably all the time I spend looking for servers.

You do see some guys who have put an insane amount of hours in to the game though. One level 100 yesterday kept killing me with the AN-94, his tags said he had 35,000 kills with it. Ridiculous.
  • Tryhard 13 Mar 2013 13:35:48 3,667 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I was looking at the top T90 tanker on Xbox and his Time played 3253:55:00.:eek:Now that is some serious lifetime being used there.

I have put in 700 hours since launch,and reached 100 being a better than average player.I have captured 10,800 flags to help me though.:-P
  • SBfistfun 13 Mar 2013 13:52:32 124 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had some fun with fellow EG ers last night,as usual the hard part was getting on the same side as them :(
  • agparrot 13 Mar 2013 14:07:33 11,903 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm liking what I've played of the new maps so far, and the |\/|0t0rb1k3z are certainly hilarious fun, especially in Capture-the-Flag mode.

I liked being back in Battlefield and it was a good laugh, but I almost felt that as a Premium buyer I was obliged to come back and play because I'd payed for the maps, rather than being excited about them. I don't want to have a massive whinge about Premium, but it's certainly taught me a lesson about not buying stuff like it in the future. It's unfair to say I haven't got my money's worth, especially as the MS points used were 25% off in an MS store sale, but the fact that I didn't like Armoured Kill, and that I never play it or want to play it, meant that I didn't make a saving.

I'm definitely going to have some games; as psychokitten says, there'll be people around to play with because of the maps, and I'm also enjoying the AA jeeps and using the LAVs and stuff in the snow - it's fun and the maps seem well designed and the motorbikes are potentially hilarious.

As somebody else observed in the party last night, it's such a long time over which to release the DLC that for those of us who do play other games it makes it harder to return to Battlefield without it feeling like a bit of a step backwards... not because the game is bad, but because stuff changes.

Also, silly things like spotting through smoke still being possible, new sound bugs where I get the lock-on tone even after I've exited the vehicle I was in where I could hear it, and other stuff just reminds me how tolerant I'd become to the quality issues, and how now I'm less tolerant of them, especially given how long they've had to fix them.

All that aside, Motorbike Capture The Flag is some of the most fun two people can have straddled together on a leather seat.
  • psychokitten Moderator 13 Mar 2013 14:14:53 7,794 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    agparrot wrote:
    All that aside, Motorbike Capture The Flag is some of the most fun two people can have straddled together on a leather seat.
    This, until one of them, while on the back of a moving motorbike, doesn't manage to kill an enemy they come across, and gets yelled at
    Sadface
  • Page

of 514 First / Last