Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 506

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• ecu 3 Mar 2013 12:35:24 77,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Aftermath gives you the Bad Company 2 feel.Probably the best dlc for consoles.

Close Quarters,for your COD lovers.

Armoured Kill for your big map, vehicle lovers.

Karkand for that BF2 feel.

End Game seems like it will be the same as Armoured Kill.

My fav maps in conquest are.

Kharg,Caspian,Oman 4 flag,Armoured Shield,and all of the Aftermath maps.
    Adding my 2p to this..

Stick to the vanilla maps, B2K and Aftermath.

CQ is a clusterfuck (though I must admit I still quite enjoy it from time to time) and Armored Kill maps are too large for the limited number of console players.

Edited by ecureuil at 12:42:01 03-03-2013
  • Tryhard 3 Mar 2013 19:03:58 4,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    So all this talk actually made me jump back on today.Have you jumped on an empty server and seen how smooth it all runs with no numb nuts from Mars or Uranus on the server? Feels like a different game.

Anyhow my first real round after a months absence was not to shabby.

Even managed to 120 shell an attack chopper down with an Abrams.Maybe I need to take a break more often.:cool:
  • ecu 3 Mar 2013 19:10:42 77,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm disappointed nobody plays the Armored Kill maps on Team Deathmatch anymore. They're bloody fantastic, way better than conquest.
  • markyHD 5 Mar 2013 16:02:34 455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    End game out today on PS3 woohoo!
  • andytheadequate 5 Mar 2013 16:19:51 8,318 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    When is it out on pc/360?
  • Scurrminator 5 Mar 2013 16:29:37 8,455 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Next Tues

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• psychokitten Moderator 5 Mar 2013 16:29:49 7,794 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    March 12th for Premium
  • ecu 5 Mar 2013 16:36:01 77,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    PS3 premium: 5th
    Xbox/PC premium: 12th
    PS3 regular: 19th
    Xbox/PC regular: 26th
  • Tryhard 5 Mar 2013 21:05:17 4,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well looky here at this End Game Easter Egg. Dice up to there old tricks of teasing?

And memories of Port Valzez without the chokepoints.

Edited by Tryhard at 21:25:12 05-03-2013
  • stephenb 6 Mar 2013 01:39:32 2,775 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Absolutely love Air Superiority mode. 12 v 12 jets is complete carnage. I changed my jet kit to upgraded belt, ecm and heat seekers. The belt speed was great, so many targets to shoot at the sky was just full of shredded metal. Hung around the edge of the map for a while and waited to see an enemy jet dumping flares and then nipped in for a quick kill.

Capturing the blimps is quite quick too as long as you stay within 300 metres of them. Odd sensation receiving flag attacker / defender ribbons in a jet

The CTF maps aren't quite as big as you'd think but are a lot of fun. Most of the action was taking place around the flag points. Had some great scraps where a flag had been dropped in no man's land and both sides were frantically trying to get it back.

Not too sure about the dirt bikes, they're very nippy but you feel dreadfully exposed. Not too impressed with the physics of them either, I hit a tree in mid jump all that happened was the bike exploded and I was standing beside the tree with zero damage.

TDM layouts are great, especially River Assault which has a very BC2 feel to it.

AFAIC another great expansion, on a par with Aftermath. So 3 packs out of 5 that I'll keep playing. Not interested in CQ and AS.

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• ecu 6 Mar 2013 01:42:36 77,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:
    Well looky here at this End Game Easter Egg. Dice up to there old tricks of teasing?
    It's been speculated for a while that 2143 would be the next one. Because they're probably not going to go back to WWII style, and they couldn't do another modern day Battlefield without it feeling very similar to BF3, containing the same weapons, etc.
  • killersrquiet 6 Mar 2013 11:31:50 2,116 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Tryhard wrote:
    It's been speculated for a while that 2143 would be the next one. Because they're probably not going to go back to WWII style, and they couldn't do another modern day Battlefield without it feeling very similar to BF3, containing the same weapons, etc.
    God no. Battlefield 2142 was boring as hell. The only redeeming feature was titan mode
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 6 Mar 2013 17:14:54 2,453 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Tryhard wrote:

And memories of Port Valzez without the chokepoints.
    Good god I'd forgotten how bad BF3 looks on consoles compared to pc.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• Tryhard 6 Mar 2013 20:14:15 4,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Daddy-Doom-Bar wrote:
    Good god I'd forgotten how bad BF3 looks on consoles compared to pc.
    I was watching a live stream of some Americans play the End Game dlc. They moved to pc,and came back to play this on the PS3. They could not handle
    it after a few rounds.

They said BF3 on console is good if you have never played it on pc.Once you have it is hard to go back.There is no comparison,you can see how fluid it all moves just by watching someone play BF3 on pc.
  • andytheadequate 6 Mar 2013 20:31:05 8,318 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The graphics are only a minor reason imo, I can still happily play bc2 on console, but BF3 is clearly designed for pc. Some of the maps are just terrible with 24 players.

I hope BF4 can improve on this, especially if it's a next gen game

Edited by andytheadequate at 20:32:07 06-03-2013
  • RyanDS 6 Mar 2013 20:40:03 9,718 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm regretting my PS3 purchase to be honest. It just feels so fucking empty. And looking at the team lists there seem to be only 8 to 12 people per team. Is this me being unlucky, or have they really fucked up the console version this badly?

Battlefield 2142 on the PC used to have much more, not to mention Mag on PS3 managed 128 years ago. It just feels so pointless and empty.

Edit: A quick google says, yes, the console version really is not worth the price.

Edited by RyanDS at 20:40:50 06-03-2013
  • ecu 6 Mar 2013 20:40:13 77,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I can just about handle the lower framerate, it's just so boring on console most of the time. That's why I find it kinda weird how you get Battlefield "purists" on console going on about how Grand Bazaar and Metro are crap, when they're really the best maps in the game because they're the only ones that work well with the small player count.

I've been complaining about how dull the large conquest maps are on console for a long time. They say large conquest maps are the way Battlefield is meant to be played, yet if you play Caspian Border conquest on Xbox with default tickets, and at the end of the game the top scorer on each team usually has around 7 kills and 3000 points. This is not Battlefield as its meant to be played. These maps are great with 64 players, they're crap with 24.

Some aspects of the game seem pointless on console too, such as AA guns and things like the kornet launcher. I've had whole games on 64 player Op Firestorm where I've manned a kornet launcher and fired missiles at enemy tanks as they come up the highway. On console things like that just seem like set decoration, on PC they can become your entire game if that's how you want to play it. You don't realise how much you're missing until you try it.

I ended up giving up on the PC version at level 37 though, I got Premium on Xbox before my PC was capable of BF3 and I'd already reached colonel status, it's really shitty starting from scratch again. Some of the good loadouts require quite a bit of grinding for kills, which I couldn't be bothered with doing again. I don't know anybody else with a gaming quality PC, my friends all have Xboxes and I stick with that version just to play with them.

Edited by ecureuil at 20:40:35 06-03-2013
  • ecu 7 Mar 2013 11:09:25 77,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    End Game review is up on the front page now, it got 9/10.
  • Tryhard 7 Mar 2013 11:51:20 4,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There are 3 more easter eggs as seen on vid. Large Dino skull,Flying Pterodactyl on Air Superiority map.And three snow men in army helmets in a hut on the snow map.

They have also added another set of MCOMs to D Peak Rush in the Quarry.

Edited by Tryhard at 11:51:38 07-03-2013
  • fletch7100 9 Mar 2013 09:24:15 7,435 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Didn't think I should start a new thread until its confirmed about this reveal. BF4 MAY be shown to the press on March 26

Websites are rumouring that its for BF4. Wish it was A new Mirrors Edge game or Rallisport Challenge 3

So it's already been shown off to GameStop bosses. EA bosses have seen it running on a PS4 who said it looked "stunning" probably knocked out by next gen visuals of overpowering sun blinding you:) At least in Crysis 3 you could tone that visual effect down.

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:32:14 09-03-2013
  • Adamical 9 Mar 2013 10:10:03 314 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I can just about handle the lower framerate, it's just so boring on console most of the time. That's why I find it kinda weird how you get Battlefield "purists" on console going on about how Grand Bazaar and Metro are crap, when they're really the best maps in the game because they're the only ones that work well with the small player count.

I've been complaining about how dull the large conquest maps are on console for a long time. They say large conquest maps are the way Battlefield is meant to be played, yet if you play Caspian Border conquest on Xbox with default tickets, and at the end of the game the top scorer on each team usually has around 7 kills and 3000 points. This is not Battlefield as its meant to be played. These maps are great with 64 players, they're crap with 24.

Some aspects of the game seem pointless on console too, such as AA guns and things like the kornet launcher. I've had whole games on 64 player Op Firestorm where I've manned a kornet launcher and fired missiles at enemy tanks as they come up the highway. On console things like that just seem like set decoration, on PC they can become your entire game if that's how you want to play it. You don't realise how much you're missing until you try it.

I ended up giving up on the PC version at level 37 though, I got Premium on Xbox before my PC was capable of BF3 and I'd already reached colonel status, it's really shitty starting from scratch again. Some of the good loadouts require quite a bit of grinding for kills, which I couldn't be bothered with doing again. I don't know anybody else with a gaming quality PC, my friends all have Xboxes and I stick with that version just to play with them.
    Yeah. Pretty much. I'm in a similar position.

My old computer died in December so I got a new one in January (Core i5 3570K Ivy, 8GB RAM, 7850 OC, etc), mostly for work, but of course for gaming as well. I got BF3 for it in that Origin sale the other week, and boy is it a world apart.

I still play on Xbox with my brother, but the difference between the two versions is insane. I was a little taken aback by just how much more intense the PC version is. And with that set up, with everything at medium except texture quality at ultra, I'm averaging 100fps, thanks in no small part to my good ol' 1680*1050 Samsung Syncmaster 226BW. The lowest I've seen it is 68 during very intense parts (only on Tehran Highway, funnily enough) and it looks superb the whole time. Thinking about it, I could probably up the detail a bit, but I'm happy as it is.

The only problem is, I'm Eagle 50-something on Xbox, but on PC I'm 16 with no DLC. There's still some good servers to play on but I'll need more eventually.

I haven't got anyone to play the co-op stuff with either, so if you're ever up for that, just let me know.
  • Tryhard 9 Mar 2013 10:23:47 4,208 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    Didn't think I should start a new thread until its confirmed about this reveal. BF4 MAY be shown to the press on March 26

F' me,I see bright orange at the bottom left hand corner of that pic.Noooooo!

I mainly play on PC these days,and only jump on xbox every so often for some BF3.If I had a proper gaming rig,and was as good with a mouse and keyboard as I am with a gamepad for BF3.I'd probably say goodbye to console gaming.
  • Alastair 12 Mar 2013 08:18:40 16,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Had a quick go the other night. Jumped into a random Conquest match on Metro.
    Same old story really, Russians pinned back at A.
    I have completely lost the ability to aim!! I think it comes from a prolonged period of playing GTA4 - when aiming there, if you want to adjust your aim the Y-axis is not inverted. With a little bit of playtime I'll get back into the swing of it.
    I figured I'd play to the end of the match, then I noticed that both teams had over 1000 tickets left, So I quit and went to bed.
  • killersrquiet 12 Mar 2013 09:55:24 2,116 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    Had a quick go the other night. Jumped into a random Conquest match on Metro.
    Same old story really, Russians pinned back at A.
    I have completely lost the ability to aim!! I think it comes from a prolonged period of playing GTA4 - when aiming there, if you want to adjust your aim the Y-axis is not inverted. With a little bit of playtime I'll get back into the swing of it.
    I figured I'd play to the end of the match, then I noticed that both teams had over 1000 tickets left, So I quit and went to bed.

Were you using the OTT auto aim in GTA iv this explains why. I can't use the auto aim its too annoying hence I die in GTA a lot:-)

Edited by killersrquiet at 12:58:24 12-03-2013
  • agparrot 12 Mar 2013 11:50:29 11,903 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Booting up the 360 version, the multiplayer update 6 is available for 1.92Gb.

Then there is the End Game download, a positively svelt 1.73Gb.

This will take the complete BF3 footprint for me up to something like 24Gb, and I don't have the single player installed.
  • Daddy-Doom-Bar 12 Mar 2013 12:36:00 2,453 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The footprint for the PC version is 34gb! Not a problem for PC owners, but still huge.

You must be the change you wish to see in the world - Ghandi

• bbvDJC 12 Mar 2013 12:43:21 1,762 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Have they released the patch notes for Xbox yet?
  • fletch7100 12 Mar 2013 12:55:02 7,435 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @bbvDJC
    http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/news/view/2925730253179557023/

Patch notes

Edited by fletch7100 at 13:03:02 12-03-2013
  • Whizzo 12 Mar 2013 13:18:49 43,269 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Must get back to playing this, I've got Premium on PC and 360 but haven't played either in ages.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Alastair 12 Mar 2013 13:27:35 16,258 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I want to get back into this, so if I see people names come up as playing I will attempt to gatecrash the game!
  • Page

of 514 First / Last