Battlefield 3 - Gaming/online chats times (pew pew) Page 495

• Page

of 514 First / Last

• Deleted user 14 September 2012 14:15:24
    I don't understand how they manage to break the game so much. Surely changing flag points is a case of editing "100" to "50" in a text file somewhere? I expect I'm completely undervaluing the difficulty there, but it shouldn't cause more bugs, a simple thing like changing the flag score points.

Sorry for the negativity.
  • psychokitten Moderator 14 Sep 2012 14:37:17 7,791 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It wouldn't be a real BF3 patch if it didn't break a bunch of things that worked perfectly fine
  • Deleted user 14 September 2012 14:44:34
    Absolutely :)

Like a three legged cat, you love him all the same.

o_O
  • ecureuil 14 Sep 2012 15:37:00 76,017 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    AK rush fixes.
  • Tryhard 14 Sep 2012 16:02:25 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Tank destroyer dogtags look sweet,which I am now wearing.

Alborz,chuted down out of AC130 towards enemy artillery truck.Started hurting it with my tool :-P,driver jumped out.I jumped in,reversed out of bounds and then hit the pedal forward and ran him over with his own truck.

Wonder if his gamepad smashed against the wall?
  • Tryhard 14 Sep 2012 16:10:13 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Ok just ran over 5 people with the artillery truck at A flag on Bandar.
    Even a jet tried to hit me and crashed into a building.
  • ecureuil 14 Sep 2012 16:23:22 76,017 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man, I only have 4 kills total in that thing..
  • stephenb 14 Sep 2012 16:47:52 2,677 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ecureuil

So are you enjoying it now? The first day you were playing I got the idea you weren't particularly impressed. That could have been more the servers you were joining.

In an unrelated note, I want that Maverick dogtag so much!

PSN : v--WEDGE--v

• ecureuil 14 Sep 2012 17:01:07 76,017 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Still not hugely impressed. It's mostly because the player count is too low and it feels empty, but some games can be fun.
  • stephenb 14 Sep 2012 18:18:57 2,677 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That's my overall impression of it too. Although I find that points A,B and C on Bandar are where I hang about as they are in much closer proximity than D & E.

If I had the funds and could get it through commitee I would probably own it on PC.

• Tryhard 14 Sep 2012 18:43:22 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    AK rush fixes.
    I have 8 kills in it.And all roadkills lol.Been capturing flags with it to get unlocks.

Played with some complete muppet teams after my success.Surely they cannot get any fun from losing and being crap game after game after game.Thank heavens Borderlands 2 is out next week,I do not think I can put up with Kermit and Gonzo squad much longer.
  • Syrette 14 Sep 2012 18:51:37 41,818 posts
    Seen 54 seconds ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Had a bit of fun getting the roadkill with the ATV. Spent a while chasing enemies who just shot me off it.

Ended up getting it by hiding behind a wall that had a flag on the other side on Armored Shield. Soon as the flag icon started changing colour I went to find the enemy attempting to capture it and easily ran over him as he was prone.

@ecureuil - really easy way to up your kill count in the mobile artillery is by using anti-air missiles. They're powerful, reload quickly and you have 2 at a time.

If you're using the standard artillery shells/air burst missiles you can look on the pause menu map to see where they land and adjust your position accordingly.

Edited by Syrette at 18:53:07 14-09-2012

• Adamical 14 Sep 2012 21:16:11 307 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Adamical wrote:
    Are there any servers that rotate all available maps? I'm talking vanilla, Back to Karkand, Close Quarters and Armoured Kill?

If not, that needs to happen.
    Close quarters doesn't work because it has to kick 8 people just to start the map, then when it goes back to an AK map it's only 8v8.
    Oh man, I didn't know that.

That... that's not good.
  • ecureuil 15 Sep 2012 21:20:50 76,017 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing just now, I'm in the mobile artillery, and a scout chopper flies over and starts killing me, so I jumped out, pulled out the magnum and nailed the pilot in the head. I turned around to repair my damaged vehicle, and a squadmate cruised up in a quad bike, bailed out so that it roadkilled me and stole my artillery truck.

That's me done with Battlefield for the night.
  • Tryhard 15 Sep 2012 22:11:21 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got kicked by admin because I was in the AC130.

Had a duel with me and an enemy each in artillery trucks facing each other some distance down the road.And we both took each others truck out with our first shots.
  • Deleted user 16 September 2012 09:26:22
    Ok I take it all back, I am really enjoying these Armoured Kill maps now! I don't know whether it's just luck, but having some great games on them. Amazingly some good infantry fighting at some flags too, on the snow map at the radar dome in particular. Got my quad bike kill and laughed very hard!
  • agparrot 16 Sep 2012 14:01:14 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I had some really fun games last night, too - squadded up with Gl3n and psychokitten, and although the rest of our team appeared to have had their eyes and ears surgically removed, we still had some good rounds of Conquest.

I know it isn't as focused as Rush, and doesn't rack up as many kills, but we still seemed to be pretty much continuously getting involved in little flashpoint firefights. I found it much more relaxing than the rush rotations we played the other day, which were a confusion of vehicles and gunship spam.

I really, really like the maps themselves - the geography, the cover, the way that some of them have open areas cleverly broken up by buildings and geological features. In some ways, the increased focus on air warfare almost detracts from how lovingly the maps have been put together. Where in ground vehicles there would be a bit of tactical positioning and whatnot, the profligacy of air power, especially where the enemy is running two planes, an attack heli and the gunship, just means that much of the effort in balancing the maps is wasted because you can fly right over anything cover-shaped, and more people are looking up at the sky with stingers than having a chance to play the ground war.

That may well be just my experience of it though. I know Tank Superiority focuses more on the ground stuff, but the single flag and the weird respawning mechanic mean I'm still not enjoying it, for some reason.
  • Tryhard 16 Sep 2012 15:29:24 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think flashpoints is a good description for AK combat. It just suddenly lights up all around you.And it is pretty epic when it does,in beautiful surroundings.
  • SYS64738 16 Sep 2012 15:56:15 1,512 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Playing just now, I'm in the mobile artillery, and a scout chopper flies over and starts killing me, so I jumped out, pulled out the magnum and nailed the pilot in the head. I turned around to repair my damaged vehicle, and a squadmate cruised up in a quad bike, bailed out so that it roadkilled me and stole my artillery truck.

That's me done with Battlefield for the night.
    Something similar happened to me last night - what looked like a teammate (blue marker and all, I could join him in his vehicle but got off shortly after as he kept driving back and forth on a heli spawnpoint) kept driving towards me and bailing, resulting in me being run over. Checked the list of players and it seemed he was actually the top player of the enemys team. Can this happen? Only had one glass of wine...

Regardless, what's up with running your teammates over, I literally only joined that server a minute before i.e. no reason for him to come after me. Is this some new "sport"? Suffice to say I ragequit seconds later.

I haven't played in a while and this kinda behaviour makes me think twice of shelling out cash for the AK DLC.
  • SYS64738 16 Sep 2012 18:48:05 1,512 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Ilovechips

That doesn't sound like fun to me though, more like a massive waste of time... If such schoolbully antics are becoming the norm I may as well kiss Multiplayer games goodbye.
  • SYS64738 16 Sep 2012 19:05:50 1,512 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah first time here too. Problem was our team was losing and the base was the only available spawnpoint. My mate has a similar approach as you mentioned as in beat them at their own game but I just don't have the energy. Incidentally, it was mentioned in a server description today as a bannable offense so doesn't seem like an isolated incident either. /shrugs
  • stephenb 20 Sep 2012 10:39:21 2,677 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Best round ever in a jet ever for me on Alborz Mountain.

Seven choppers destroyed, 5 jets & 2 AC130's destroyed.

Well over twenty kills too. Was on the way to getting the Maverick dogtag. With 7 tickets to go I lose connection to the session, all of it lost and not appearing as a battle report.

FFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!

• ecureuil 20 Sep 2012 10:43:57 76,017 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bug #34090143842 - Only one knife takedown can occur on the map at a time.

Edited by ecureuil at 10:44:36 20-09-2012
  • psychokitten Moderator 20 Sep 2012 10:54:20 7,791 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Bug #34090143842 - Only one knife takedown can occur on the map at a time.
    Nice. Really great "feature" for Gun Master
  • Deleted user 20 September 2012 10:56:55
    I am liking Armoured Shield. Getting a chance to have significant flight time in the Viper and Littlebird, something my stat's told me I had no spent relatively any time in. I think I've spent a 3rd of my game time in a tank, which is a bit saddening really. Aiming to mix it up a little bit.

Edited by Apostle at 11:19:03 20-09-2012
  • agparrot 20 Sep 2012 11:03:00 11,903 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    stephenb wrote:
    Best round ever in a jet ever for me on Alborz Mountain.

Seven choppers destroyed, 5 jets & 2 AC130's destroyed.

Well over twenty kills too. Was on the way to getting the Maverick dogtag. With 7 tickets to go I lose connection to the session, all of it lost and not appearing as a battle report.

FFFUUUUUUCCCCCKKKKKKK!!!!!!!!!!
    Oddly, only Alborz has kicked me off so far, from the new maps. I've had two disconnections, and yes, the most recent one was where I was worrying the top of the scoreboard!

It was exactly the same as it used to be on Metro Rush, where I'd frequently get disco'd on the last set of MComs, but they seemed to fix that bug, from what I remember.

I think you just notice it more when you get booted at the end of a good round!
  • ecureuil 20 Sep 2012 11:06:50 76,017 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's some server-side changes to the AC-130 which go in to effect across all platforms today.

Stationary and mobile AA cannon damage has been reduced by 30% versus the gunship.
    Jet cannon damage has been reduced by 50% versus the gunship.
    The delay before moving the gunship forward to a new base in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 30 seconds.
    The Delay between gunship spawns has been increased from 90 to 120 seconds in Rush mode.
    Initial delay before the gunship spawns in Rush mode has been increased from 15 to 60 seconds.

Should make rush a lot better.
  • Tryhard 20 Sep 2012 11:18:46 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Was shot down by a smaw in the AC130 the other day.

Did you know,only one person can knife at anyone time on any one map in BF3 and be successful?I watched a youtube test vid.They even tried it on Armoured Shield map standing as far apart as possible.

So if your knife fails,it is because someone else did it the same time as you somewhere on the map.
  • Page

of 514 First / Last