Wii U Page 227

  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

  • Scurrminator 15 Nov 2012 11:15:06 8,412 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is this out on a Sunday in the States!? Very odd!

    You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

  • roz123 15 Nov 2012 11:34:47 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago

    Japanese NSMBU Trailers, the last one (1m) is mad

    Edited by roz123 at 11:35:11 15-11-2012
  • neilka 15 Nov 2012 12:06:14 15,959 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Wii and 3DS were released on Sundays, not sure why though.

    A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 12:34:31
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Is this out on a Sunday in the States!? Very odd!
    Same as every other console
  • ronuds 15 Nov 2012 15:00:25 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Neither the XBOX or XBOX 360 launched on a Sunday in the US.

    Edit: Not the PS3 either.

    Edited by ronuds at 15:02:28 15-11-2012
  • ronuds 15 Nov 2012 15:09:57 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I will add that hardware launches don't seem to follow much reason in the US. Sunday is odd because most places close early, but I'd assume all consoles will be sold before that happens.

    Software will almost always launch on Tuesdays, though.
  • the_dudefather 15 Nov 2012 15:11:30 9,288 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Most Nintendo stuff (inc games) seems to launch on a Sunday in the US

    (ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

  • Psychotext 15 Nov 2012 15:11:37 54,231 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I assume he means every other Nintendo console.
  • nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 15:12:39 59,968 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IMPORTANT QUESTION: When, on the rare occasions, a game launches on a tuesday, do you think 'yay, got it a bit early!' or 'boo, got it 4 days late, stupid yanks'?

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • ronuds 15 Nov 2012 15:16:07 21,788 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    I assume he means every other Nintendo console.
    If he said that, we wouldn't have to make assumptions. :p
  • -cerberus- 15 Nov 2012 15:56:06 2,884 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So, anybody knows which WiiU games can be played with a Pro controller only?

    Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

  • Deleted user 15 November 2012 16:11:20
    That's extra words to type guys.
  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 16:15:16 9,709 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone would think its a big deal :lol:

    Anyway, on to the pro controller question. I'm hoping all games are at least somewhat universal for 2nd players etc. I saw the difference between the pro and a wiimote was literally a fiver so bought extra pros.

    As for using the pro as a first controller, I believe it is possible but when playing the likes of zombi U, you still have to use the screen of the game pad. It's probably worth the effort of gaining muscle memory and using the pad wherever possible, at least at first.
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Nov 2012 16:16:52 11,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    FFS Why on earth are people desperate to use the Pro before they've tried the Gamepad and despite all reports saying that it's very light and comfortable ?

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 16:19:41 9,709 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FFS Why on earth are people desperate to use the Pro before they've tried the Gamepad and despite all reports saying that it's very light and comfortable ?
    The game pad is more comfortable than it looks! It even feels quite natural pressing buttons under the right stick. To be fair, I even thought that the digital triggers felt good when I played on it

    One thing of note. It's the first 'pad' I've used where turning it to use the Giroscope doesn't feel weird. I think that's down to the fact it's not tiny and actually feels like you have something between your hands.
  • spindle9988 15 Nov 2012 16:22:29 3,590 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ohhh sailor
  • Gambit1977 15 Nov 2012 16:23:55 9,709 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    spindle9988 wrote:
    ohhh sailor
    Funny you should say that. I'm watching Hangover 2 at the minute and was worried about the appropriate way of writing that :lol:
  • -cerberus- 15 Nov 2012 16:31:45 2,884 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear I just prefer a controller, that's all. I always have. Even on PC I play with a controller.

    Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

  • Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 16:34:33 1,185 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FFS Why on earth are people desperate to use the Pro before they've tried the Gamepad and despite all reports saying that it's very light and comfortable ?
    I think it's less to do with having a traditional controller method to use (as you say, the GamePad should work perfectly for that, as it's essentially the same as the Pro), and I think it's probably something more to do with wanting longer gaming sessions. Supposedly a few reports are quoting a 2-4 hour battery life on the GamePad using the official Nintendo battery. And it's also been reported that the Pro controller has something ridiculous like 80. Not that anyone would need that much. Either way I'm sure Nyko will have a good solution to it a few months after release.

    There's also local co-op to take into account as well. The 2nd player is going to want something decent to use.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Armoured_Bear 15 Nov 2012 16:36:40 11,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I just prefer a controller, that's all. I always have. Even on PC I play with a controller.
    Yes but it is a controller, a controller witha screen in the middle.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • roz123 15 Nov 2012 16:37:09 7,113 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Apparently both controllers come with 8 foot cords.
    http://kotaku.com/5960459/10-things-about-the-wii-u-that-were-loving-or-hating

    Edited by roz123 at 16:38:46 15-11-2012
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Nov 2012 16:37:56 11,279 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    FFS Why on earth are people desperate to use the Pro before they've tried the Gamepad and despite all reports saying that it's very light and comfortable ?
    I think it's less to do with having a traditional controller method to use (as you say, the GamePad should work perfectly for that, as it's essentially the same as the Pro), and I think it's probably something more to do with wanting longer gaming sessions. Supposedly a few reports are quoting a 2-4 hour battery life on the GamePad using the official Nintendo battery. And it's also been reported that the Pro controller has something ridiculous like 80. Not that anyone would need that much. Either way I'm sure Nyko will have a good solution to it a few months after release.

    There's also local co-op to take into account as well. The 2nd player is going to want something decent to use.
    For co-op I understand completely, it just seems that some people have dismissed the gamepad immediately because it doesn't look like a 360 controller.

    XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

  • MatMan562 15 Nov 2012 16:38:59 2,465 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Shouldn't there be a load of reviews for the US launch games by now? Have I missed them or are they coming soon?

    XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

  • Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 16:42:36 1,185 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah I think in terms of usability it'll make absolutely no difference whatsoever if you use GamePad or the Pro. It's just an extra couple of inches to either hand, with the possibility of some added functionality (which you can probably ignore if you want, or take advantage of).

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 16:45:14 1,185 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    We could always do a weight comparison test between the latest wireless 360 controller with the battery pack attached, and the Wii U GamePad. I doubt the difference is going to be much. The two grips on the 360 pad are quite well weighted. The reason I say the 360 controller and not the Pro one is because obviously people are fine doing long sessions with the 360, and that is heavier than the Pro.

    Edited by Baleoce at 16:46:14 15-11-2012

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • nickthegun 15 Nov 2012 16:46:23 59,968 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why would you buy a console where half its price is devoted to the Gamepad and then arbitrarily decide not to use it? You may as well get a 360 then wipe your are on a handful of tenners.

    ---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

  • -cerberus- 15 Nov 2012 16:46:42 2,884 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    -cerberus- wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear I just prefer a controller, that's all. I always have. Even on PC I play with a controller.
    Yes but it is a controller, a controller witha screen in the middle.
    Yes and I prefer a controller with no screen in the middle.

    Take the plastic bag challenge to cure stupidity.

  • YenRug 15 Nov 2012 16:47:26 2,201 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Baleoce wrote:
    That was quite informative, if you looked at the likely materials involved in the house structure; the bit where he went off into the dining room off of his living room, that looked like a support beam (probably iron or steel) which seemed to have a significant impact. It should mean, however, that I can use the Gamepad in bed, as the head of my bed is pretty much directly over where my TV stand is in my living room.
  • Fake_Blood 15 Nov 2012 16:47:36 4,215 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good thing that you're buying a WiiU then.
  • Baleoce 15 Nov 2012 16:49:54 1,185 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I think the majority of people will be surprised by the comfortability of the GamePad when they get their own hands on it. But the concern of long gaming sessions does need to be addressed by a 3rd party. I can understand people opting to start on the Pro controller for certain games based on how long their session is going to be.

    Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

  • Page

    of 1363 First / Last

Log in or register to reply