Wii U Page 417

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 20:43:04
    He's a cunt outside of this thread, just ignore him, no idea why mods can't intervene with all these twats, but it's modern e.g.

Who fucking cares?
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 21:19:59
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    I hated the Rayman Legends demo. I really, really don't like having to look at one screen and then the other. I really hope that sort of stuff doesn't get used to much.
    That is the entire basis of the system!
    Really? Fuck I've bought the wrong system!!
    Really, am I missing something or is the point or having a system relying on two screens not... To use those two screens during games?
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 21:40:10
    Oh come on, you've clearly not got the system or have any interest other than to troll this thread, have you not used a DS or touch screen interfaces?
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 21:46:15
    I'm not actually trolling though, and the 360 is shit now so I am interested, I'm just confused by the assertion that the second screen is not to be used with during games. This isn't a DS, this is a completely different screen separate from your tv. What else is it there for? Generally curious now?
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Jan 2013 21:51:43 5,872 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It is a bit of a rubbish gimmick, really, and must be a factor in why it hasn't had the same buzz as the Wii.

The Wii remote was integral to the system and it was shown off at its best in Wii Sports instantly.

The Wii U is like "so what, it has a screen in the controller? We can play 5-player split-screen, I guess. The screen quality is a bit crap, though. And 300 is a bit much, I'll see if it's any cheaper online on my phone."

If the controller's not an additive, different and integral experience then what's the point in it?

Edited by ResidentKnievel at 21:53:54 04-01-2013

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 21:53:54
    You're not trolling yet you think the whole idea is staring at two screens? If you have any genuine interest you would sould like a trolling cunt would ya? You might even (shock horror) have an idea of how the games for it work and the like.
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Jan 2013 21:57:31 5,872 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    What is the whole idea, then?

You should really inform Nintendo.

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 21:59:25
    To play games, obviously, you're a thick cunt too aren't ya?
  • ResidentKnievel 4 Jan 2013 22:03:52 5,872 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And as a Wii U owner, how does the two screens enhance the game playing experience?

I think that's pretty much what Mowgli wants to know.

• Blakester 4 Jan 2013 22:05:55 3,347 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This thread is a proper fucktard magnet, which is a shame as most of us just want to share our positive experiences.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Armoured_Bear 4 Jan 2013 22:06:39 8,746 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    And as a Wii U owner, how does the two screens enhance the game playing experience?

For example,
    Having a larger map to glance at while keeping the main screen clear.
    Using the touchscreen to select stuff quickly and comfortably.
    Using the screen in conjunction with the main screen, e.g. scanning, zooming, aiming.
    Off screen play.
    etc. etc.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:07:11
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

I'm not gonna explain it to that fat cunt since he's clearly not worked it out over the past 10 so pages of trolling.

EDIT: YOU CUNT!

Edited by CrispyXUK at 22:08:18 04-01-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Jan 2013 22:10:07 8,746 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    My nephews are visiting tomorrow, might have a first attempt at 4 player Nintendoland :-)

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:10:47
    BUT WHAT WILL A SECOND SCREEN BRING TO IT!!
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:11:11
    You really are just a shit attempt at an abortion. You clearly can't explain it as that would just show you up to be full of shit. If the screen is there to be used then it is going to involve looking up and down from it and the tv. Which is what this entire discussion is about. Fuck me you are stupid.
  • -cerberus- 4 Jan 2013 22:12:15 2,083 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    What the hell is going on here?

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Blakester 4 Jan 2013 22:17:02 3,347 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    My nephews are visiting tomorrow, might have a first attempt at 4 player Nintendoland :-)
    It'll be amazing fun. My little lad is having a WiiU birthday party on Sunday and we'll have a full compliment of wiimotes for all his mates.

Mario Chase should be epic.

• espibara 4 Jan 2013 22:17:07 4,156 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not wanting to jump into the flames BUT.........played it for the first time on the demo pod today in game (Rayman legends)

It looks a great bit of kit and Rayman looked jaw droppingly good......BUT.......i did find the looking at the screen to swipe etc and then looking at the hdtv afterwards a little bit weird.

With a console controller you dont usually have to look away from the screen so much.

Maybe its something i would just get used to, but after a 10 min fiddle its just felt a bit weird.

Edited by espibara at 22:20:18 04-01-2013
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:17:48
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

For example,
    Having a larger map to glance at while keeping the main screen clear.
    Using the touchscreen to select stuff quickly and comfortably.
    Using the screen in conjunction with the main screen, e.g. scanning, zooming, aiming.
    Off screen play.
    etc. etc.
    it seems to be crispy that is struggling with this. Apparently this doesn't involve looking at two screens.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:19:13
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Oooh look, proving my point right there you fat scottish cunt, why don' you kill yourself!?
    You really have no idea what you are talking about. You are a worse ecosse than Higgins.
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:20:33
    It doesn't? Bloody hell!
  • Deleted user 4 January 2013 22:20:56
    Haha, this trolling shit is fun
  • DaM 4 Jan 2013 22:21:23 12,606 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'd put money on the next Xbox and Sony consoles having a similar sort of controller. I don't think Kinect or Move would have happened without the Wii, and both were crap, being stapled on as an after thought, instead of being an integral part of the system.
  • DaM 4 Jan 2013 22:26:15 12,606 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I do find it a bit weird too...but for multiplayer it is fantastic. It is also excellent for menu selection - I can see it being good for RPG inventories - as with the Wii, it will be dependent on developers. And we all know how that went...
  • nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 22:27:00 55,848 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Is that what they are calling it nowadays?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Blakester 4 Jan 2013 22:40:42 3,347 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I do find it a bit weird too...but for multiplayer it is fantastic. It is also excellent for menu selection - I can see it being good for RPG inventories - as with the Wii, it will be dependent on developers. And we all know how that went...
    ZombieU shows just how good a second screen is for inventory management and maps. It also brilliantly uses the gamepad speaker which adds a unique gameplay experience.

• Lexx87 4 Jan 2013 22:45:54 20,869 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    You really are just a shit attempt at an abortion.

Speak the truth hussy!

• neilka 4 Jan 2013 22:48:21 14,942 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wouldn't that be a normal healthy person?
  • nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 22:50:37 55,848 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    With a coathanger mark on its forehead.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• JuanKerr 4 Jan 2013 22:50:41 36,094 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This thread reminds me of the good old days when my friends and I used to argue about the strengths and weaknesses of the Atari ST and the Amiga. When I was 10 years old.
  • Page

of 1212 First / Last