Trials Evolution Page 73

• Page

of 87 First / Last

• oceanmotion 28 Jun 2012 00:20:52 16,001 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Take that Inferno 3, I beat you, many faults but I'm happy to have beat all extreme tracks.

User made tracks are pretty awesome, I like the easy one with massive jumps, rainbow and Pandora ones in the high rated section so far. So many to choose from. I like that the game can be fun and tough in good measure.
  • Lexx87 28 Jun 2012 07:44:47 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I spent all my gaming point on getting Platinum on the extreme tournament.

Since then i've not felt like playing anything, at all. Best part of 3 weeks not touched my 360 :(

Speak the truth hussy!

• Ka-blamo 28 Jun 2012 18:48:14 7,460 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    I think I spent all my gaming point on getting Platinum on the extreme tournament.
    Anyone that platinums the extreme tourny should get a telegram from the Queen, it's a monumental achievement.
  • andytheadequate 28 Jun 2012 19:39:12 8,264 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I agree. After the telegram they should then play lots and lots of Minecraft!
  • Nanocrystal 28 Jun 2012 19:59:32 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    After finally nailing Gigatrack I'm on to platting the hard tracks. Some are disappointingly easy (Down in the Dumps, The Ascent), some require a near-perfect line (Oil Rig Run), and some are simply down to luck (fuck you Physics Factory).
  • Deleted user 28 June 2012 21:54:14
    Zerobob wrote:
    SFD wrote:
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    First extreme Platinum. I was ecstatic.
    Congrats. I recently did this myself.

I really do love this game. Pretty much the only reason I go on my 360 these days.
    I'm in 2 minds about the game still. I played the first Trials a lot, and I liked the restricted set of tracks, because certain tracks became infamous and friends would know which tracks you were talking about from a simple description.

I highly appreciate the way they've blown the whole game engine open in Trials Evolution, making almost anything possible, but unfortunately a lot of the user created tracks are a bit broken in one way or another, and tracks which you played a week ago, or tracks your friends have played, are almost impossible to find, which is a shame. If they fix this with a patch it will massively improve the challenge between friends.

Track Central also tempts me away from the main 1P game too much too, so I spend barely any time on the standard set of tracks. I don't think I can be 100% blamed for this as a player, due to the promise of the unlimited messing around that can be had in Track Central.

That said, I love the way the game harks back to the unforgiving roots of console gaming! It's complete genius. It has a simple 'pick up and play' factor too, which counts for a lot.
    So much truth in this post.

As many folk know, I played THD to death, eventually becoming quite good at the tracks. This time around not so much, I'm far too easily distracted by Track Central when I boot the game up as opposed to playing actual in-game tracks a la THD.

I guess it's not too odd that I'm more intrigued by custom tracks than Leaderboards in Evo, maybe it just highlights the limitations of THD and it's track download requirements.
  • Deleted user 28 June 2012 21:59:51
    Ka-blamo wrote:
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Anyone that platinums the extreme tourny should get a telegram from the Queen, it's a monumental achievement.
    Lexx is too good at all games, Evo just happens to have filled a few hours of his time this year. When he decides to go back to it and play it proper again I'll start shitting my pants at how many of my times I'll need to go and reclaim :(

The git.
  • booped 28 Jun 2012 22:31:34 282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All my time in evo goes on track central, there is just a constant stream of good tracks, it is like throw away gaming.
  • booped 2 Jul 2012 16:40:50 282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    finally got past jook13 just give up, stupid hard

Quite a few more faults and took a lot longer than the video below :eek:

Edited by booped at 16:45:06 02-07-2012
  • Deleted user 2 July 2012 16:43:31
    Urgh, I watched that on the Trials Commune youtube site the other day. The last 2 checkpoints look insane. The track description sort of matches my thoughts about how I would fare, having played jook13's THD ninja tracks. They are HARD!
  • SFD 4 Jul 2012 10:59:19 503 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm really starting to make some progress on the Extreme tracks now. Managed to get The Wreck down to one single fault, and it just happened to be on what is probably the easiest part of the track :evil:

It's so rewarding to get better at this game. After getting rid of the 1 fault on The Wreck it's on to Dark City run to get rid of the 5 or 6 I have on there.

Should be able to get The Wreck in at around 38-39 seconds without the fault. Really surprised to get top 2k on the leaderboards with 1 fault and around 41 seconds

Edited by SFD at 11:03:57 04-07-2012
  • Nanocrystal 4 Jul 2012 12:22:10 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just single-faulted The Wreck myself last night. Also, platinumed Dark City Run. :-P
  • SFD 4 Jul 2012 13:16:27 503 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Just single-faulted The Wreck myself last night. Also, platinumed Dark City Run. :-P
    Congrats :)
  • Nanocrystal 5 Jul 2012 02:12:03 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ...and The Wreck is platinumed. Just three more tracks to go.
  • Nanocrystal 6 Jul 2012 02:39:02 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ...and Out of the Pit is platinumed. Just two more tracks to go.
  • ComradePete 6 Jul 2012 09:23:43 492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cracking stuff Nano!

What's left now, Inferno & Way of the Ninja? I've haven't played the extremes for a while but really struggled to knock the faults of Inferno...

Good luck!
  • Red_Bool 6 Jul 2012 09:27:45 1,174 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ComradePete: I have found an interesting strategy for the extreme tracks: don't play Trials for a couple of weeks, then go straight for an extreme track - got gold medals on Dark City and Truth is out there this way! I will try this theory on The Wreck next month ;)
  • ComradePete 6 Jul 2012 09:35:04 492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cheers Red, will give it a shot - still not sure about Inferno though ;)
  • Nanocrystal 6 Jul 2012 12:36:36 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ComradePete wrote:
    What's left now, Inferno & Way of the Ninja?
    Yup. Got Inferno down to 5 faults last night. It's do-able for me, but is gonna require a lot of luck. I haven't properly attempted WotN yet, still on 30-something faults.

Edited by Nanocrystal at 12:37:00 06-07-2012
  • ComradePete 6 Jul 2012 13:12:10 492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I never managed to 0 fault inferno 2 in trials hd, 3 faults was my best run. Damn tires....
  • booped 7 Jul 2012 11:19:44 282 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WotN was the hardest one for me, you try to be careful and that stops the flow of the track.
  • Nanocrystal 8 Jul 2012 20:52:28 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    One bloody fault on Inferno 3. On the last sodding obstacle, naturally. Grrrr.

On the plus side, I've zero-faulted about six new tournies this weekend and shot up the leaderboards, just scraping into the top 1000.

My thumb is killing me.
  • andytheadequate 8 Jul 2012 22:13:06 8,264 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was so close with WotN quite a few times. I had it pretty much mastered, but then I went without internet for 4 weeks and I've not had the heart to go back.

I struggle with the start of Inferno III more than I do towards the end. I reckon with a bit of practise I can can the platinum run as it's a pretty short track
  • Lexx87 8 Jul 2012 22:38:44 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The bit on inferno that gets me is the white barrell thing you have to hop off. Absolute cunt of an obstacle.

Speak the truth hussy!

• Petulant_Radish 9 Jul 2012 11:45:21 626 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Nanocrystal Hmmm, I have a feeling in my Trials absence you have somewhat overtaken me, might have to get back on it soon!
  • Nanocrystal 9 Jul 2012 12:35:09 1,070 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Petulant_Radish wrote:
    @Nanocrystal Hmmm, I have a feeling in my Trials absence you have somewhat overtaken me, might have to get back on it soon!
    I'm gonna be without an Xbox for a few months very soon, so it'll give you a chance to catch up. ;)
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Jul 2012 23:14:37 8,310 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally got gold on a tournament that I have been playing for the last week. Such a relief to do it. I also earnt my first Platinum Medal.

I am clearly light years behind the rest of you guys though.
  • Deleted user 13 July 2012 09:36:57
    A couple of new tracks are due during Summer of Arcade according to Major Nelson, based on the games released during that period (apparently):

http://www.redlynxgame.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=10864

Might give me the excuse I need to get back into the saddle and try and nail plat on WotN I guess ;)

edit: oh, it's on the front page too, d'oh!
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-07-12-minecraft-360-and-trials-evolution-get-free-summer-of-arcade-content

Edited by Ironlungs76 at 09:38:08 13-07-2012
  • Page

of 87 First / Last