Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-08-02-borderlands-2-confirmed-source

May as well revive this sucka (+100xp).

Off to play some of the original now.
  • RedSparrows 2 Aug 2011 14:33:02 22,026 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The more I look back on Borderlands, the more it looks like a very good but somehow underdeveloped (conceptually) game. I enjoyed it, but it missed the mark in lots of small ways for me.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2011 14:34:45
    I missed the first Borderlands, i was put off by how bad it supposedly was in single player.
  • Pastici 2 Aug 2011 14:34:55 450 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Oh definitely, there are loads of little tweaks they could do to improve it.
  • HoriZon 2 Aug 2011 14:36:27 13,496 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Loved BL cant wait to play more as a co-op game there hasn't really been anything better this gen on the consoles.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• Pastici 2 Aug 2011 14:39:33 450 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bad in single player? I've pretty much played the entire game in single player. I guess its like minecraft, its just hard to go back to single player after multi.
  • Daeltaja 2 Aug 2011 15:10:14 1,035 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looking back I slap myself for playing this through in single player. What was I thinking?

Won't make the same mistake with the sequel.

Hoping for good things!
  • Blerk Moderator 2 Aug 2011 15:16:26 48,225 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    I missed the first Borderlands, i was put off by how bad it supposedly was in single player.
    I had a blast with it in single-player. I've only played a tiny bit of multi, but it's still one of my favourite games of the generation. I've no idea where the whole "it's rubbish on your own" thing comes from.
  • Pastici 2 Aug 2011 15:17:18 450 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Hindle wrote:
    I had a blast with it in single-player. I've only played a tiny bit of multi, but it's still one of my favourite games of the generation. I've no idea where the whole "it's rubbish on your own" thing comes from.

+1
  • jellyhead 2 Aug 2011 15:26:19 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yup, i've only ever played SP Borderlands and it's fantastic.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Vortex808 2 Aug 2011 15:35:23 6,945 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Hindle wrote:

Exactly. I barely touched it in multiplayer, but it was a hoot on singleplayer as it was. I hope Scooter's back in this. I didnt even mind the claptraps that much.

I loved raking through all my loot to spot minor variations on them all. I had some great element-enhanced SMG's and sniper rifles.

I sold it as i just didn't have enough time to play it more after the campaign finished and i'd messed about with other characters as my game stack was growing. I missed it though and really wish I'd kept it to use the time in the summer drought period to give the DLCs a go.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2011 15:37:49
    Really? I'm going to buy the sequel i think.
  • ModishNouns 2 Aug 2011 15:43:42 4,654 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    Really? I'm going to buy the sequel i think.

That's ages away, yet. Get the first one. It's a brilliant single player game.
  • Pastici 2 Aug 2011 15:49:28 450 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Its probably dirt cheap with all the DLC too.
  • Blerk Moderator 2 Aug 2011 15:53:16 48,225 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    About £12 for the Game of the Year edition recently. That's a shitload of content for silly money.
  • Deleted user 2 August 2011 16:02:03
    Hmm i'll have a gander. Is it just grinding because that could be repetive.
  • Flying_Pig 2 Aug 2011 16:03:24 10,685 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Borderlands was great on SP, and even better on 4-player co-op (only with friends, mind). One of my favourite games ever and super pumped at the prospect of a sequel. I just hope Gearbox stick to what made BL so awesome and focus on tweaking the annoyances and irritants.
  • Pastici 2 Aug 2011 16:40:14 450 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think Knoxx added about 30 hours onto my gaming time. Its pretty huge, hope they support BL2 post launch with DLC that's just as good. May be slightly getting ahead of myself here though. Ha.
  • Bigkopman 2 Aug 2011 19:47:53 20 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It worked for me as a SP and MP. Best game of 2010 for me.
  • Pastici 2 Aug 2011 20:44:19 450 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wonder who will return in BL2?

Pretty much all the characters are dead right?
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 2 Aug 2011 20:53:27 6,654 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep, played through it a couple times in SP and enjoyed it.
  • warlockuk 2 Aug 2011 21:20:10 19,133 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Better on multiplayer, but sometimes a ballache getting games working etc

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• itsfuzzy 2 Aug 2011 21:55:28 53 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I played mainly SP, you really needed to get a good team online, and mostly thats just luck. I did however get really lucky and got partnered up with some very cool people that helped me out a lot with the bosses. Some of the coolest and most helpful players i have played with online i met playing Borderlands. Oh and Demons Souls to.
  • corstick 2 Aug 2011 23:02:43 3,263 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest, I probably enjoyed Borderlands more in SP. It was fun in co-op but there was very little in the way of actual co-operative play needed, beyond the enemies turning into ridiculous tanks. Not to mention a horrible framerate hit on the Xbox version and the hassle with mismatched quests between players. There is plenty of room for improvement in the sequel.
  • ecureuil 3 Aug 2011 00:08:57 76,495 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blerk wrote:
    Hindle wrote:

It's not that it's rubbish on your own, but that is really is light years better in multiplayer. I've played a significant amount of both, and most of the multiplayer I did was in split screen. Went through the whole lot in split screen with a mate, it ranks among my favourite EVER gaming experiences.
  • Blerk Moderator 3 Aug 2011 13:10:27 48,225 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Con-fucking-firmed for 2012! \o/
  • pinebear 3 Aug 2011 13:22:38 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looks like Game Informer weren't quite ready :D

http://www.gameinformer.com/p/borderlands.aspx
    nothing to see here.

• Blerk Moderator 3 Aug 2011 13:24:31 48,225 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    See here instead!

Edit: Shit, are those mechs in the background?
  • Tomo 3 Aug 2011 13:38:41 13,879 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm playing it in multiplayer at the moment and it's a lot of fun, but extremely samey. It basically involves going to a waypoint and shooting a load of monsters, then doing the same in another area. Too often the monsters are identical too. The story is also pap, and I've largely decided to forget about it now and just keep on killing and hoarding guns.

Sequel is definitely welcome tho :)
  • Tonka 3 Aug 2011 13:39:35 20,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    Blerk wrote:
    Hindle wrote:

It's not that it's rubbish on your own, but that is really is light years better in multiplayer. I've played a significant amount of both, and most of the multiplayer I did was in split screen. Went through the whole lot in split screen with a mate, it ranks among my favourite EVER gaming experiences.

Split screen is bliss.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Page

of 153 First / Last