Your Most Loved Wii So Far? Page 3

• Page

of 8 First / Last

• Alastair 9 Dec 2010 10:55:56 15,707 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Monster Hunter Tri
    Metroid Prime 3
    RE Darkside Chronicles (just edges Overkill)

Honorable mentions to:
    Overkill
    Excite Truck
    Zelda
    RE: Umbrella Chronicles

Not as nice as I used to be

• Deleted user 9 December 2010 11:55:26
    1. Super Mario Galaxy
    2. Monster Hunter Tri
    3. Super Smash Brothers Brawl

It was close between Brawl and MKWii for the third spot. SMG2 would also be among the top games, but I left it out for the sake of variety.
  • phAge 9 Dec 2010 11:57:32 24,371 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Animal Crossing. Missus is obsessed with it. Think the last time the Wii was used for anything else was when I did 20 minutes of Resi 4 in April.
  • trip919 9 Dec 2010 12:26:40 2,271 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    'Who are we to say what is and isn't a masterpiece?'

Well I donít know about your critical faculties, but I know mine and Iíll happily talk about what I consider to be worthy of the title: 'masterpiece' if somebody else wants to.

To say:

'So at the end of the day, One Man's Junk is Another Man's Treasure.'

Is to simplify it, thatís obvious but on a forum that invites debate itís a bit of a cop-out.

'If the best game on the console isn't a masterpiece, what is?'

I donít think itís enough to say: 'determine what your masterpiece is by vote' - critical evaluation surely needs to play a role?

To me what constitutes a masterpiece is a variety of things working in conjunction with each other and to determine what 'is' or 'isnít' in a consensus would require certain boundaries for critical evaluation that all could agree on - not just a voting system.

The word: 'masterpiece' is certainly subjective and contentious, and you could argue that there are too many variables and itís just easier to say why something is important to you. Which is also true, but it is nice to hear why something is on occasion as opposed to just numbers!
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 12:54:31
    @Alastair - First vote for Resident Evil: The Darkside Chronicles!
    @Cid - Surprisingly, the first vote for Super Smash Bros. Brawl.
    @phAge - So, 1. Animal Crossing....2.Resident Evil 4.....3.?????, Is Resi 4 not good on the Wii? I expected more votes...

trip919
    Well I donít know about your critical faculties, but I know mine and Iíll happily talk about what I consider to be worthy of the title: 'masterpiece' if somebody else wants to.
    I am more than happy to discuss all the games that I find are "masterpieces" but it will only lead to you and maybe others discussing why I am wrong and this aint the thread in which to engage in such a discussion...I haven't even played a Wii game!

Is to simplify it, thatís obvious but on a forum that invites debate itís a bit of a cop-out.
    It was 2am, my intention was indeed to simplify it and avoid a lengthy discussion as I wanted to go to bed! :)

I donít think itís enough to say: 'determine what your masterpiece is by vote' - critical evaluation surely needs to play a role?
    Of course but imo if everyone agrees "game a" is the best game on "console b" than surely that would be the closest game to a masterpiece than any other on that console? Just because you don't think it is, doesn't mean it isn't...opinion is subjective after all.

but it is nice to hear why something is on occasion as opposed to just numbers!
    Couldn't agree more, that's why I encourage people explain their choices when they vote. I am genuinely interested in other peoples opinions of games, that I have and haven't played!

Phew...How did asking for the best Wii game lead to this!! :p
  • ToonMonkey 9 Dec 2010 12:59:06 312 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    1. SMG
    2. Resi 4
    3. Paper Mario
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 13:02:59
    @ToonMonkey - First vote for Super Paper Mario, I'm guessing it isnt has good as the GameCube version?
  • Stickman 9 Dec 2010 13:05:46 29,666 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    slickloose wrote:
    Is Resi 4 not good on the Wii? I expected more votes...

The controls are abysmal.

THIS SPACE FOR RENT

• Rufus 9 Dec 2010 13:05:46 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    1. Metroid Prime Trilogy - A real dream come true for me. Had played through all 3 before it came out but being able to play through the first two again with Wii controls had me smiling from ear to ear.

2. Super Mario Galaxy - Mario 64 is still one of my favourite games of all time. I remember thinking to myself at the time "where can they possibly go from here?". Mario Galaxy was the answer and it completely blew me away.

3. Resident Evil 4 - An incredible game made even better with the accuracy of the wii controls. It was also the first time I strongly disagreed with a Eurogamer review.

Honourable Mentions to Super Paper Mario, A Boy and His Blob (HUG BUTTON!), Zack and Wiki (arguably the best showcase for wii controls), Boom Blox and Okami (a game which just made perfect sense for the Wii).
  • Alastair 9 Dec 2010 13:07:22 15,707 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Stickman wrote:
    slickloose wrote:
    Is Resi 4 not good on the Wii? I expected more votes...

The controls are abysmal.

Surely you jest.

Not as nice as I used to be

• Deleted user 9 December 2010 13:10:35
    @Stickman - Ah, at least now I know! :D
    @Rufus - Well the Metroid Prime Trilogy Vs. Metroid Prime 3 is back on! They are level on points!
    @Alastair - Wait I'm confused...so the controls are...good?
  • Rufus 9 Dec 2010 13:15:35 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Slick, I've added reasons to my post!

Yes, the controls for Resi 4 Wii are amazing. Not for everyone, but it just clicked for me!
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 13:19:23
    TOP MAN! :D
    I have just got myself a GameCube and am yet to play Metroid Prime...but I will :)
    SMG is possibly the only game this gen I feel I won't ever play but would like to :(
    As for reviewers, they are not always right i'm afraid...and that's what these polls are for ;)
  • trip919 9 Dec 2010 13:31:05 2,271 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Heh. You started it. :p
  • Rufus 9 Dec 2010 13:32:24 1,754 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Ah, I sold my copy of Metroid Prime a couple of months ago. If only I'd known....

Anyway, get it, its a fantastic game.
  • ToonMonkey 9 Dec 2010 13:33:50 312 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    slickloose wrote:
    @ToonMonkey - First vote for Super Paper Mario, I'm guessing it isnt has good as the GameCube version?

Not Super Paper Mario, that was disappointing! I voted for Paper Mario, the N64 game on VC. Love that game.
  • trip919 9 Dec 2010 13:51:53 2,271 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    'Of course but imo if everyone agrees "game a" is the best game on "console b" than surely that would be the closest game to a masterpiece than any other on that console? Just because you don't think it is, doesn't mean it isn't...opinion is subjective after all.'

Weíll have to disagree on that one. Conduct a poll with the general public as to the greatest films of all time Ė 'Star Wars' reigns at the top spot. This is a masterpiece and the pinnacle of all films, is it? Perhaps it is to some, certainly. But, the point being it is too narrow a system to decide something of such importance and is completely misleading. A masterpiece is more than a popularity contest.

• roz123 9 Dec 2010 14:12:25 7,113 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Metroid Prime Trilogy
    SMG2
    Zelda: TP
  • kinky_mong 9 Dec 2010 14:25:40 10,271 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Both Super Mario Galaxy games, can't choose between them.
    Donkey Kong Country Returns
    Okami

Smash Bros Brawl nearly made it into the list as well.

All the eurogamers who actually play with each other on xbl rather than just post pseudointellectual pc handwringing bollocks on the forums, love the shit out of biggy.

• RCrucial 9 Dec 2010 15:08:38 30 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    SMG2
    Endless Ocean
    Wii Sports Resort
  • Chimpus 9 Dec 2010 15:13:43 751 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would say

1.Dust collection 2: Mighty Mite Mash
    2.Tucked away in a box: Attic Attack
    3.Ebay profit manager: revenge of the paypal fees

• sunjumper 9 Dec 2010 15:17:32 3,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It was very hard to decide but here are my three:

1. No More Heroes
    2. Excite Truck
    3. Monster Hunter Tri
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 18:10:54
    @trip - No, you started it *shoves* ;)
    @Rufus - No worries, i do have it...I'm just playin one game at a time, so atm I'm playing Twilight Princess :)
    @trip - I suppose we will end at a stalemate...Until my masterpiece thread ;)
    @roz123 - Thanks!
    @kinky_mong - Err, considering they are fighting for the top spot, it's kinda important you pick one over the other, I'll give you more time to reconsider :)
    @RCrucial - first vote for Endless Ocean.
    @Chimpus - Good effort, just lacks the 'funny' factor but nice try :)
    @sunjumper - Well I'm glad you put some thought into it.

I'm all up to date! So far 28 games have been voted for, how's that for the Wii haters?
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 18:26:25
    Quick question, should I keep Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Prime 3 separate or should I put them together as one game? Someone has made a fuss about it at CVG, so I thought I would ask the mass'

THANKS!
  • zeldasdad 9 Dec 2010 18:38:17 46 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Metroid 3 is the one that was actually made for the Wii the other two are from earlier nintendo consoles so i would count them as one personally , also surely virtual console games only count if they are new original wii games
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 18:48:05
    Yeah I was gonna ask about that too...should I not count that Paper Mario vote...?
  • Deleted user 9 December 2010 19:00:54
    It will be a travesty if Zack and Wiki dont make the top 10. An absolute travesty!

Sadly though, i can see them ending up on the slag heap, just like the poor Pikmin did in the GC vote. :(

/still bitter
  • DFawkes 9 Dec 2010 19:12:31 22,938 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    slickloose wrote:
    Quick question, should I keep Metroid Prime Trilogy and Metroid Prime 3 separate or should I put them together as one game? Someone has made a fuss about it at CVG, so I thought I would ask the mass'

THANKS!

I'd count them as one. Even though it's 2 seperate games, anyone that votes for MP3 must surely also enjoy Trilogy just as much, surely? Even if they hate the first 2, just don't play them and it becomes the same game.

But it's your thread, you do what you feel is right. No, not wanking.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Deleted user 9 December 2010 19:20:55
    TearYouAsunder wrote:
    It will be a travesty if Zack and Wiki dont make the top 10. An absolute travesty!

Sadly though, i can see them ending up on the slag heap, just like the poor Pikmin did in the GC vote. :(

/still bitter

They all can't win! As for Zack and Wiki(pedia), it's in 11th atm...still it's still early days yet!

DFawkes wrote:
    I'd count them as one. Even though it's 2 seperate games, anyone that votes for MP3 must surely also enjoy Trilogy just as much, surely? Even if they hate the first 2, just don't play them and it becomes the same game.

But it's your thread, you do what you feel is right. No, not wanking.

Ok the Metroids are now as one! They are now joint 2nd! I'm also putting my foot down with Virtual Console, I'm not accepting it as a vote! So if you have (paper mario guy) then please change your vote.

Thank You!
  • Binny 9 Dec 2010 19:36:32 187 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    1. Mario Galaxy
    2. Boy & his Blob
    3. Pro Evo Wii edition

Bit of mixture I know but all very good games.

Also games of note that I have really enjoyed are: Fragile, Demon Blade, Silent Hill SM, Zelda TP, Galaxy 2, Red Steel 2, Day of Disaster (not eveyones cup of tea), HOD Overkill, No more heroes, Excite Truck, Mario Kart & Wii Sports resort.
  • Page

of 8 First / Last