The all-new Premier League thread Page 4710

• Page

of 5471 First / Last

• Dairyfree 8 Mar 2014 20:03:16 1,274 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    We had Carrick, RVP and Rooney all missing at the same time. Had to play Welbeck, Young and Cleverley.

Spurs don't know what an injury crisis is until then.
  • robc84 8 Mar 2014 20:23:52 5,623 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Well surely it's about the quality of players out rather than the number? Plus thats now kaboul and possibly dawson added to the list. So if chriches and rose are out I'd say we are in defensive crisis territory.

Anyway, disappointing result, but frustrating as we were still in with a chance at 1-0. After the red card (ridiculous dive btw) there was no coming back.

Think we needed something from that game to keep top 4 hopes alive (slim as already were).
  • THFourteen 8 Mar 2014 20:38:36 33,432 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Realistically, Arsenal fans should be pleased with that result. Keeps Spurs off our backs, plus some injuries and suspension for them to worry about before next weekend.

Chelsea looking good for the title though sadly.
  • morriss 8 Mar 2014 20:44:26 70,980 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I blame everyone.
  • kalel 8 Mar 2014 21:53:45 87,688 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm not moaning about an injury crisis. Just saying Tim wasn't really in a position to "rearrange" the team much once Kaboul got sent off.

Worth an appeal that one. Probably won't get rescinded but we're very short for Arsenal now.
  • Bremenacht 8 Mar 2014 23:15:54 18,275 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    Realistically, Arsenal fans should be pleased with that result. Keeps Spurs off our backs, plus some injuries and suspension for them to worry about before next weekend.

So, Arsenal fans are already accepting their annual Plan B - finish above Spurs? Isn't that setting your sights a little low?
  • Widge Moderator 8 Mar 2014 23:16:46 13,593 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really well taken goal by Welbeck there.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• TheSaint 8 Mar 2014 23:17:24 14,403 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Amazing bottling by the ref there not sending off RVP.
  • Bremenacht 8 Mar 2014 23:19:16 18,275 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    At least getting rid of Tim will be an easily made decision this summer. So clearly out of his depth. Do think we should try and keep him at the club, but if he wants to be the main man at this stage in his career, he can do it somewhere else.
    I don't think it's anything so easy, unless some proven big name manager makes a play for the job.

Having said that, his post-match interview which was just on MotD bight be a sign of rot setting in. Bit too harsh on his players. And probably wrong.
  • Bremenacht 8 Mar 2014 23:21:39 18,275 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Love the response of that WBA player when RVP tumbled Rooney over into the back of him. Threw himself straight down, holding his knee and screaming.
  • Tom_Servo 8 Mar 2014 23:32:56 17,962 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    At least getting rid of Tim will be an easily made decision this summer. So clearly out of his depth. Do think we should try and keep him at the club, but if he wants to be the main man at this stage in his career, he can do it somewhere else.
    I don't think it's anything so easy, unless some proven big name manager makes a play for the job.
    Van Gaal has put out a proper 'come and get me plea' (yes!) and apparently Prandelli is very interested as well.

I don't think they'll have much trouble getting a big name in the summer.
  • TheMayorOfJugs 8 Mar 2014 23:34:32 3,538 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Van Gaal has put out a proper 'come and get me plea' (yes!) and apparently Prandelli is very interested as well.

I don't think they'll have much trouble getting a big name in the summer.
    Or Harry will return for lols and bants.
  • FWB 8 Mar 2014 23:35:49 44,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Harry! Harry! Harry!
  • Shikasama 8 Mar 2014 23:36:29 6,836 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Harry has unfinished business at Spurs - they aren't bankrupt
  • IMO 8 Mar 2014 23:43:39 5,667 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

So, Arsenal fans are already accepting their annual Plan B - finish above Spurs? Isn't that setting your sights a little low?
    Plan B?! That's our Plan A. Anything else is a bonus.
  • FWB 8 Mar 2014 23:44:06 44,583 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    120mil on Crouch would've been ace.
  • TheSaint 8 Mar 2014 23:44:48 14,403 posts
    Seen 12 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not many mangers could pull them off but Sherwood was rocking that Spurs gilet today. Do they sell them in the shop?
  • mikew1985 9 Mar 2014 00:06:39 12,741 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Amazing bottling by the ref there not sending off RVP.
    He bottled that amongst many other decisions before it.
  • mikew1985 9 Mar 2014 00:08:10 12,741 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Love the response of that WBA player when RVP tumbled Rooney over into the back of him. Threw himself straight down, holding his knee and screaming.
    They were a disgrace to themselves today IMO. Really obviously playing things up. As bad as young.
  • DreadedWalrus 9 Mar 2014 00:13:30 352 posts
    Seen 37 seconds ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    And then getting subbed off afterwards, and now being injured.

You'll notice that he wasn't calling for a foul. It wasn't deliberate from Rooney (or van Persie), but holding your knee and screaming is hardly an overreaction to a knee injury.
  • nickthegun 9 Mar 2014 09:35:37 59,937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought one of the reasons lawro was binned and hanson nobody cried about hansen quitting was the perceived liverpool bias in punditry?

If so, what the fuck are fowler and murphy doing on there?

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• kalel 9 Mar 2014 09:40:53 87,688 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lawro was binned?
  • Syrette 9 Mar 2014 09:44:33 43,486 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mikew1985 wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    They were a disgrace to themselves today IMO. Really obviously playing things up. As bad as young.
    He's still faking it apparently - the match finished some 20 odd hours ago and he's still pretending to be injured. When your foot is planted in the ground and a rather large man falls on it, he should just bounce off!

Brunt is a disgrace. A DISGRACE I TELL YOU.

safety ;)

• Syrette 9 Mar 2014 09:46:06 43,486 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

St Totteringham's Day is the most important day in an Arsenals fan's calender.

• nickthegun 9 Mar 2014 09:46:14 59,937 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Lawro was binned?
    given a 'reduced' role

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• THFourteen 9 Mar 2014 09:48:41 33,432 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    IMO wrote:
    Bremenacht wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:

Plan B?! That's our Plan A. Anything else is a bonus.
    This. At the start of the season, we all thought we'd struggle to finish 4th. A great first 20 games made is think higher but then reality started to bite, and with key personnel missing from the team (Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshire) it's proving to be too much to keep up with the oil clubs.

Can't really see us getting too many points out of the next few games, so hopefully spurs, Everton and utd also lose so we can stay in 4th regardless!
  • Youthist 9 Mar 2014 09:50:18 10,018 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Was this a joke / sarcasm? I assume so, the injury looked bad to me, I couldn't watch the slow mo of it twice. Also I got totally fucked with a similar injury. It hurts a lot.....

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• Menace 9 Mar 2014 12:14:14 5,750 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's no doubt (in my mind) that he was injured in that situation, but I think the reason they're on his back is that he play acted earlier on.

www.bigbitegames.com/soccer

• Bremenacht 9 Mar 2014 12:37:23 18,275 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I didn't know he was genuinely injured, as I saw the incident without seeing whatever happened next. It looked comical, but then some of the nastiest injuries are almost comical in origin. I just assumed he was Italian.

Something popped in his knee?
  • Dairyfree 9 Mar 2014 12:50:05 1,274 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Did you not see the slow motion replay afterwards? It looked pretty painful.

Ridiculous anyone having a go at him for that even if he was diving around a bit earlier.
  • Page

of 5471 First / Last