Best PS2 game EVER! Page 7

• Page

of 7 First / Last

Next
  • sid92 19 Jun 2011 19:25:01 942 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cant remember its full name but one of the old digimon games its was an RPG, and it was great game.
  • coomber 19 Jun 2011 19:38:48 348 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just spent almost an entire Pound (99p) on Grand Theft Auto 3 on the strength of this thread saying how good it is.

What a load of unplayable crap.

If you lot possess any sort of decency you'll organise a telethon to recoup my lost cash.
  • MiniAmin 19 Jun 2011 20:10:37 3,497 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It might not have aged well, but that's easily one of the most influential games of all time. Placed in the context of its time, and the games which preceded it, I don't understand how someone could genuinely consider it to be a crap game.
  • thedriffter50 19 Jun 2011 20:10:44 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    coomber wrote:
    I just spent almost an entire Pound (99p) on Grand Theft Auto 3 on the strength of this thread saying how good it is.

What a load of unplayable crap.

If you lot possess any sort of decency you'll organise a telethon to recoup my lost cash.
    You do know the game came out in 2001 right ? For a game that came out in 2001 it was amazingly good.

I recommend playing Vice City and San Andreas though...better graphics, more weapons and better stories etc.
  • coomber 19 Jun 2011 21:07:28 348 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Obviously I've allowed for the graphics and other technical issues for such an old game. But the controls for shooting are almost as dreadful as controlling the camera.
  • thedriffter50 19 Jun 2011 21:11:51 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    '' coomber19 Jun '11 21:07:28 Obviously I've allowed for the graphics and other technical issues for such an old game. But the controls for shooting are almost as dreadful as controlling the camera. ''

Yeah the camera and controls aren't that good but play a few story missions and see how you like it.
  • RobTheBuilder 19 Jun 2011 21:35:37 6,521 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The missions were the worst bit!! Even back in 2001...

A surprisingly good budget game is Crash n Burn. Prob spent more time on it than any other PS2 game.

Best game though Gradius V.
  • pigsy2400 21 Jun 2011 13:21:04 153 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The best PS2 Game ever, has to be......... God of War 2. Simple!
  • Widge Moderator 21 Jun 2011 14:25:30 13,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    You can try Liberty City Stories on the PS2. I seem to remember that tightened up the controls and missions. Starts a bit light but gets quite good.

I love the setting of Liberty City, drum and bass, classic dance, epic foggy weather and gloomy rain... the built up metropolis and slummy projects. Also being more compact it was easier to learn the layout and character.

San Andreas was excellent to if only for the sheer freedom to roam.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Thecunce 21 Jun 2011 17:14:49 114 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    No one will agree with me but my faces are shadow of Rome and manhunt
  • dsmx 27 Jun 2011 01:24:22 7,725 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    SA had too much freedom to roam in it, most of it was filled with pointless and boring filler. Yes it was nice having this massive map but what was the point? It was only big for bigs sake not because the game needed to be that size.

Looking back on all 3 of the games on the ps2, GTA3 was the biggest step forward, VC refined the formula, while SA took that refined formula and spread it over a huge map leaving the memorable moments spread too thin. Yes SA had some great moments but you had so much time and tedious missions between them that it made the game feel far to long.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• thedriffter50 27 Jun 2011 18:34:14 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    cloke_silos wrote:
    Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater

That is all.
    No lists from Slick loose ? I am :(
  • Widge Moderator 22 Jul 2011 16:35:10 13,741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    SA had too much freedom to roam in it, most of it was filled with pointless and boring filler. Yes it was nice having this massive map but what was the point? It was only big for bigs sake not because the game needed to be that size.

Looking back on all 3 of the games on the ps2, GTA3 was the biggest step forward, VC refined the formula, while SA took that refined formula and spread it over a huge map leaving the memorable moments spread too thin. Yes SA had some great moments but you had so much time and tedious missions between them that it made the game feel far to long.

I don't know, I loved the ability to take in the atmosphere by just driving around. I liked the setting of GTA3 the best but you could barely drive before having to take a corner or else you were off on your way to driving into the sea! The big plus, however, was that the map was much easier to commit to memory.

Rockstar were very good at helping you learn maps. People complain about not being able to access the entire map from the off but it works really well. You can gradually see the missions spread further and further apart as you learn the game.

As an aside, am I the only person who found the final mission in GTA3 ridiculously hard? It felt like there were enemies who could just whomp your HP down in a split second.

_ _ _

www.inverted-audio.com

• Deleted user 22 July 2011 16:54:12
    Think my answer might change as my booze addled brain clears; but off the top of my head, GTA 3 blew me away, as did Pro Evo and MGS 2.
  • tenofspades 13 Aug 2011 06:23:05 1,698 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not best ever, but a under appreciated as it's quite kiddy- is ape escape 3. If you can get past it being quite kiddy, it's a decent platformer.
  • Fonzie 13 Aug 2011 09:07:39 1,873 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Billy_Sastard wrote:
    Did anyone play this little gem? I loved this game to bits.

An over looked classic IMO.
    Yes. Great game. I still have it somewhere. Will have to have a go at it sometime.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last

Next