of 8 First / Last

• Kovacs77 11 Oct 2010 19:17:57 363 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dutchspeededup wrote:
    Scirvir wrote:
    Craig0702 wrote:
    ICP?
    Simply the ultimate pick for this thread. I mean, fucking hell.

That is fucking amazing.

I don't think ICP can be topped in this thread, might as well lock it now.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/2010/oct/09/insane-clown-posse-christians-god

this is well worth a read. these guys are deeply stupid... however that line about magnets is beautiful.

also, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGbdomlBnJM SNL parody. "Why do some mountains look like Presidents? ... What the fuck is a clock?"
  • santabakingapie 11 Oct 2010 19:22:03 353 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    salem.
  • Tonka 28 Jan 2011 13:07:26 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fuck me how I hate Franz Ferdinand. Every fucking time I hear them it instantly ruins my mood.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Tom_Servo 28 Jan 2011 13:19:46 15,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Aww Franz Ferdinand are alright. They get a bit of a bum rap by being grouped in with shite like the Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party.

I may be biased though, what with being Glaswegian and all.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2011 13:24:08 16,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Aww Franz Ferdinand are alright. They get a bit of a bum rap by being grouped in with shite like the Kaiser Chiefs and Bloc Party.

Bloc Party have/had a very good drummer indeed, the rest of the band didn't quite live up to his skills but I'd hardly call them shite. The Kaiser Chiefs however are utterly dull, although I did once sing I Predict A Riot at punk rock karaoke but I had little choice in this and I may even have improved it quite a bit with my dulcet tones.

You are a factory of sadness.

• Tom_Servo 28 Jan 2011 13:25:27 15,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mr Sleep wrote:
    Tom_Servo wrote:

Bloc Party have/had a very good drummer indeed, the rest of the band didn't quite live up to his skills but I'd hardly call them shite. The Kaiser Chiefs however are utterly dull, although I did once sing I Predict A Riot at punk rock karaoke but I had little choice in this and I may even have improved it quite a bit with my dulcet tones.

Yeah, the drummer is very talented. A shame they more or less replaced him with a drum machine.

But yeah, I'm sure you know what sort of stuff I mean when I said that. 'Landfill indie'.
  • Mr_Sleep 28 Jan 2011 13:28:30 16,267 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    But yeah, I'm sure you know what sort of stuff I mean when I said that. 'Landfill indie'.

Oh aye but there are better examples, I give you Maximo Park! How they ever ended up on Rough Trade I do not know.

You are a factory of sadness.

• tincanrocket 28 Jan 2011 14:12:25 2,832 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Razorlight

/end of thread

'Firstly, I'm a genius. Musically, culturally, everything. I've written two more albums. I'm writing a film in which I'm going to star in and I'm writing the soundtrack. I can't stop.

'I've got stacks of songs, it's just a case of getting them out there.

'It's like [Bob Dylan and The Band's] The Basement Tapes: it took years for people to hear them... Compared to the Razorlight album Dylan is making the chips. I'm drinking champagne.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/853931-razorlight-unveil-brand-new-line-up#ixzz1CL69PMF9
  • Tom_Servo 28 Jan 2011 14:14:09 15,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Jessie J is a good new one, if her first single is anything to go by.
  • tincanrocket 28 Jan 2011 14:14:50 2,832 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah yes, Jessie J is major twat material too
  • Tom_Servo 28 Jan 2011 14:15:07 15,548 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    tincanrocket wrote:
    Razorlight

/end of thread

'Firstly, I'm a genius. Musically, culturally, everything. I've written two more albums. I'm writing a film in which I'm going to star in and I'm writing the soundtrack. I can't stop.

'I've got stacks of songs, it's just a case of getting them out there.

'It's like [Bob Dylan and The Band's] The Basement Tapes: it took years for people to hear them... Compared to the Razorlight album Dylan is making the chips. I'm drinking champagne.'

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/music/853931-razorlight-unveil-brand-new-line-up#ixzz1CL69PMF9

Hahaha :D
  • Kosmoz 28 Jan 2011 14:37:33 7,509 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Johnny Borrell is a complete and utter twat and I feel sorry for the new members. I recon it will be a few months before they leave.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• figgis 28 Jan 2011 15:13:51 7,382 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That Razorlight picture is amazing. They look like students trying too hard.
  • thelzdking 28 Jan 2011 15:32:05 3,963 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    figgis wrote:
    They look like this but without the sense or irony, or any of the talent.
  • Kosmoz 28 Jan 2011 15:34:42 7,509 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    figgis wrote:
    Plus one amazing hat.

Every girl I ever kissed I was thinking of a pro footballer.

• thesonglessbird 28 Jan 2011 20:57:56 189 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did anyone say Black Eyed Peas yet? If not, them.
  • Red-Moose 28 Jan 2011 21:24:28 5,345 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Menno de Jong - Intuition WInter Festival was FUCKING ACE last weekend in Amsterdam.
  • spamdangled 28 Jan 2011 21:26:00 27,197 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I assume N-Dubz has been mentioned already?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• pinebear 28 Jan 2011 22:36:54 8,565 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    figgis wrote:
    They look like they are at different stages of flu infection.

I like to think of Borrell as a modern day jester.

• pinebear 28 Jan 2011 22:36:55 8,565 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    thelzdking wrote:
    figgis wrote:
    They look like they are at different stages of flu infection.

I like to think of Borrell as a modern day jester.

• thesonglessbird 28 Jan 2011 23:16:56 189 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I like to think of Borrell as a cunt.
  • RobTheBuilder 28 Jan 2011 23:53:22 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is a dangerous topic for me, I might end up murdering you all in cold blood just for mentioning a band I like...

That is a slight exaggeration, you'd have to actually criticise them.

;)
  • Kami 29 Jan 2011 00:43:45 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I present.... B*Witched... oh wait, no, The Barbarellas!

Ironic thing is their old style of music has kind of come back into fashion again. This is just... WTF?! It's like Lady Gaga meets Madonna meets total unoriginality. I thought the idea of reinventing was to do something different?

My sister will not be getting anything for Xmas for e-mailing me this link. Still, I live in hope Justin Beiber tries to reinvent himself in Death Metal... I'm honestly not sure why. Maybe I just need a laugh...

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• Kami 7 Aug 2011 23:03:18 2,374 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ressurectionalus!

Just an update on the music for idiots thing... Cher Lloyd got #1 this evening with Swagger Jagger.

The music industry is screwed...

Master of Tekisuto No Kabe. *bows*
    And you're reading this why?!

• sirtacos 8 Aug 2011 00:45:29 7,205 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ICP interview excerpts from that Guardian article Kovacs linked to:

"Fog, to me, is awesome," he replies. "Do you know why? Because I look at my five-year-old son and I'm explaining to him what fog is and he thinks it's incredible."

"Ah!" I gesticulate. "If you're explaining to your five-year-old son what fog is, then why do you not want to meet scientists? Because they're just like you, explaining things to people…"

"Well," Violent J says, "science is… we don't really… that's like…" He pauses. Then he waves his hands as if to say, "OK, an analogy": "If you're trying to fuck a girl, but her mom's home, fuck her mom! You understand? You want to fuck the girl, but her mom's home? Fuck the mom. See?"

I look blankly at him. "You mean…"

"Now, you don't really feel that way," Violent J says. "You don't really hate her mom. But for this moment when you're trying to fuck this girl, fuck her! And that's what we mean when we say fuck scientists. Sometimes they kill all the cool mysteries away. When I was a kid, they couldn't tell you how pyramids were made…"

"Like Stonehenge and Easter Island," says Shaggy. "Nobody knows how that shit got there."

"But since then, scientists go, 'I've got an explanation for that.' It's like, fuck you! I like to believe it was something out of this world."

/headdesk

"How come it took you so long to make the announcement?" I ask. (That you're actually an evangelical Christian group stealth preaching to young people.)

"You had to gain everybody's attention," says Violent J. "You had to gain the entire world's trust and attention."

"So all those unpleasant characters in the songs," I ask, "like the narrator in I Stuck Her With My Wang, they're examples of people you shouldn't be?"

"Huh?" Violent J says.

"Well, it's very unpleasant," I say. "'I stuck her with my wang. She hit me in the balls. I grabbed her by her neck. And I bounced her off the walls. She said it was an accident and then apologised. But I still took my elbow and blackened both her eyes.' That's clearly a song about domestic violence. So your Christian message is... don't be like that man?"

"Huh?" Violent J repeats, mystified.

There's a silence.

"I Stuck Her With My Wang is funny," Violent J says. "Jokes. Jokes, man. Jokes. Jokes. Jokes. It's just a ridiculous scenario. Silly stories, man. Silly stories. What's she doing kicking him in the balls? We find it funny. But we're saying, while we're close, while we're hanging, hey, man, do you ever ask yourself what's in your riddle box? If you had to turn the crank today?"

I didn't know people like this existed. I've met some idiots, but this - wow.
  • Tonka 8 Aug 2011 06:21:15 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HaaAaaaaAaAAAAAaa wtf!

They must be faking it. Double fake.

• Tonka 22 Jan 2013 13:48:53 19,840 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Someone has decided to put on a playlist with reggae.
    I was surprised to hear a Bob Marley song I actually liked.

• warlockuk 22 Jan 2013 15:03:59 19,102 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Didn't someone already end this thread with Coldplay?

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• kalel 22 Jan 2013 15:08:50 83,877 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd say Black Eyed Peas now hold this crown. To quote Robert California - "It's rock and roll for people who don't like rock and roll, it's rap for people who don't like rap, it's pop for people who don't like pop".
  • Page

of 8 First / Last