of 1218 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 12 Feb 2014 10:50:39 44,956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @FogHeart

:)

Where is the avelyn. I've never got it
    It's a bitch to get, it's on top of a bookcase in DA that you need to fall onto.

It is the absolute shiznit though.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 12 Feb 2014 11:05:13 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    andyc1980 wrote:
    @quadfather someone in here told me to keep it and I can get a lot mote souls for ut later.
    Probably by creating the weapon and then feeding to frampt, at a guess

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• quadfather 12 Feb 2014 11:05:37 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @FogHeart

:)

Where is the avelyn. I've never got it
    It's a bitch to get, it's on top of a bookcase in DA that you need to fall onto.

It is the absolute shiznit though.
    Right, I'm having that

• andyc1980 12 Feb 2014 11:07:38 1,275 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather that's what I thought. Best get that second bell rung then.
  • FogHeart 12 Feb 2014 11:37:02 988 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Think of it as a burst-fire crossbow. Now imagine loading it with lightning bolts.

Rah.

Really, I'm being very, very completionist on my PC run. Every weapon, every armour set, every Dark Phantom, stuff I don't need for the Dark Soul. There's a little voice inside me that tells me I'm just putting off the assault on the Lord Souls, but I've done Nito and about to do Seath. I just don't want to spend the bastard-hard NG+ trying to get anything I could have got in NG.
  • andyc1980 12 Feb 2014 11:48:07 1,275 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @FogHeart I've got no chance of doing that on NG. The Hunter set wasn't in with the longbow in darkroot basin. I'm sure it showed I'd picked it up but its nit in my inventory or bottomless box.
  • FogHeart 12 Feb 2014 12:02:06 988 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @andyc1980 If that's the only thing then that's not too bad, you won't be killed by anything trying to get it on NG+. You can't get everything on NG, you don't get enough red or white slabs and you need to use some boss souls twice. I'm making bad choices on those, moonlight spear is no good without INT, Tin Darkmoon Catalyst still needs minimum requirement of INT to attune a spell, just scales with FTH once you use it, so not much point.
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 12:53:00 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Avelyn is OK. Its powerful, fast firing and good in PvE and PvP. Not bad if you don't have much in the way of DEX.

However I personally much prefer a well upgraded bow, its much more versitile and less expensive in the long run.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 12:55:13 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FogHeart wrote:
    @quadfather Think of it as a burst-fire crossbow. Now imagine loading it with lightning bolts.

Rah.

Really, I'm being very, very completionist on my PC run. Every weapon, every armour set, every Dark Phantom, stuff I don't need for the Dark Soul. There's a little voice inside me that tells me I'm just putting off the assault on the Lord Souls, but I've done Nito and about to do Seath. I just don't want to spend the bastard-hard NG+ trying to get anything I could have got in NG.
    Yeah, I've seen it on youtube video's - I always forget about it when I'm in the dukes. I'll go grab it.

I'm doing the same with my BK char. Done all the lord souls, and just getting some stuff from the dlc, but then I'm going to fucking hoover up everything before ng+

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 13:00:54 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FogHeart - Remember to Kindle the main bonfires you use around the game too, as they are still kindled in NG+ without you having to go out of your way to beat the Pinwheel. Allows you to have (up to) 20 estus flasks which is handy when you get to the Dukes....etc.

On PvE characters, I normally try and kindle:

-Firelink
    -Andre's Bonfire
    -Blightown (bottom)
    -Dukes Archives (first one after boars / balcony before crystal caves)
    -TOTG (either)
    -Darkmoon Tomb
    -Painted world

I don't tend to do any others. You probably don't need to kindle that many. I always have atleast one max kindled on a warp location for convinience. I always max kindle Andre's bonfire, I always seem to be around there at some point.

Edited by Architect_z at 13:01:51 12-02-2014
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 13:05:28 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Speaking of Tomb of the Giants, I used to believe there was only 1 bonfire in that area, and then found another the other day, only a minute from the other one mind. I never knew there were other bonfires on there.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 13:06:31 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thought there were 3?

• Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 13:09:02 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Thought there were 3?
    Hmmmm, there probably are, TOTG is a confusing place.
  • Huntcjna 12 Feb 2014 13:23:19 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I am back pushing through on a Wanderer playthrough via the PC. I parked myself on the 360 after some severe issues with curses playing mostly STR and VIT. I just killed Capra (I hate him!) but I fear the depths/sewers after the curse situtation so I rolled into Darkroot Garden, found the bonfire picked up the elite set and the wolf ring while exploring and can't find a route to the butterfly. I keep getting destroyed by those Stone Knights in the Garden, I hate that damn dazing curse thing they do despite how slow they are.

I can't kill Havel mostly because I am awful at rolling through his attacks even though I want his ring badly and I can't kill the red dragon despite at least twenty or so attempts last night.

Do I suck it up and wade back through the depths towards the second bell or can I do something else?
  • Huntcjna 12 Feb 2014 13:26:12 13,877 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Oh also I have my Falcion at +5. Worth upgrading the standard Wanderer armour or hold out for something better? I'm trying to find a source of large Titanite Shards to push it to +10 but so far nothing. Trying to resist resorting to Wiki for a drop list but its looking like that may be the next move.
  • StixxUK 12 Feb 2014 13:32:43 7,291 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I found the easiest way to beat Havel was to equip a small shield and parry/riposte.
  • Architect_z 12 Feb 2014 13:46:38 2,412 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Huntcjna - For the butterfly, when going past the sealed door, hug the left wall, around the stone knights, and you'll see a way into a walled area. The butterfly is up the stairs.

Falcion+5, perfectly good weapon at this stage.

As for Havel, if you're good at backstabs, you can just keep backstabbing him, you can try and riposte at your own risk.

Good luck. ^_^
  • FogHeart 12 Feb 2014 13:48:00 988 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Huntcjna There is a reliable source of large shards that you can get to, but to get there needs one of three things:-

- You have a master key as a starting gift
    - You finish the depths and get past the next area
    - You get to Darkroot basin, find a bonfire down there, go past it and then past several drakes (small dragons) that breathe lightning.

Of course only the first is of any use to you right now! I don't suppose you chose your gift....wisely?

As for armour upgrades, you can probably upgrade what you have but don't take it too far, resist using large shards on it, until you are certain what kind of character you will be - lumbering strong hard-hitter, dextrous zippy roller and runner, hit them with spells from a distance etc. These will dictate what will be the best set for you is.
  • FogHeart 12 Feb 2014 13:59:39 988 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Architect_z Everything is kindled. Eeeeverything. Well not the one at the start of DR, it's a bit pointless. Very, very completionist is me. Still got 40 soft/12 hard humanity so I'm happy. Only things I've not collected and could have are Shiva's shield and his bodyguard's ring. I've broken covenant so I think I missed my chance. I hope I can bait a nearby enemy into attacking him in NG+. Aside from that, I'm pretty sure the blue slab is the last thing to collect.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 14:04:43 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Thought there were 3?
    Hmmmm, there probably are, TOTG is a confusing place.
    Knowing the way I play, it's probably the same one that I come across by going round in circles, thinking it's a different bonfire. Fuck knows to be honest

• FogHeart 12 Feb 2014 14:09:58 988 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There are definitely two, was 'downstairs' yesterday doing Nito (nudge nudge) and remember the area well right now.
  • EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 14:28:52 3,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    andyc1980 wrote:
    @quadfather someone in here told me to keep it and I can get a lot mote souls for ut later.
    Nope: it's worth eight thou to Frampt direct IIRC.
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 14:28:57 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    a nods as good as a wink to a blind bastard stuck in a tomb

• quadfather 12 Feb 2014 14:29:38 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    andyc1980 wrote:
    Nope: it's worth eight thou to Frampt direct IIRC.
    Which weapon though?

• EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 14:35:28 3,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No weapon; the soul piece itself is worth 8000 if he eats it, I think, but only 1200 if you eat it.

Edited by EMarkM at 14:37:09 12-02-2014
  • stryker1121 12 Feb 2014 14:52:46 767 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    As a pyro do I need to level up my INT to get some better fire spells?
  • quadfather 12 Feb 2014 14:55:51 13,379 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    EMarkM wrote:
    No weapon; the soul piece itself is worth 8000 if he eats it, I think, but only 1200 if you eat it.
    Yea but how much is the moonlight spear worth

/patient as the grave voice tone

• LeoliansBro 12 Feb 2014 15:03:18 44,956 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Thought there were 3?
    Two in the catacombs and two in ToTG no?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 15:04:09 3,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @quadfather Ah right.

Haven't got a clue, I'm afraid.

Sorry for confusion :)
  • EMarkM 12 Feb 2014 15:04:45 3,433 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Thought there were 3?
    Two in the catacombs and two in ToTG no?
    This is true, I think.
  • Page

of 1218 First / Last