• Page

of 1218 First / Last

• LeoliansBro 30 Sep 2013 15:31:57 44,956 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Quite a lot else, yes.
    I also got a New Lando (or something like that) key, a Crimson armour set, Wanderer Armour, Great Club, Plank Shield, Dragon Scale, Remedy Sorcery, Iaito, Falchion, Shadow Armour, Large Titanite Shard.

I got 6 Green titanite Shards and Pyromancy: Poison Mist
    and Pyromancy: Power Within
    Not what I was getting at. You'll know it when you see it...

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• quadfather 30 Sep 2013 15:33:03 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But once you've gone down the shops, annoyed that you've had to trek that far, it'll fill you with a suitable rage that compliments watching the fuckers die a slow and painful poisonous death.

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 15:47:21 11,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TheCrane wrote:
    Firing those few extra arrows might still be quicker than running down to the shops though :)
    Undead Asylum -> Lift to Firelink Shrine and you're almost there...

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• quadfather 30 Sep 2013 15:54:44 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Plus you need the rage

• TheCrane 30 Sep 2013 16:23:21 113 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Surely one is never far from rage in Sen's! :)
  • quadfather 30 Sep 2013 16:26:01 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Best to make 100% sure though :)

• Julpero 30 Sep 2013 19:18:30 38 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lol. Went to fight Sif on my newest play-through and decided to wear the Calamity Ring just to try and make it hurt less. Didn't work.

Hilariously I got invaded and forgot I had the ring on.
    For the whole fight I was wondering how the opponent's Iaito was doing so much damage...
  • Armoured_Bear 30 Sep 2013 22:00:00 11,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Plus you need the rage
    Now I have the tears :-(
    I made some progress but got to a skinny walkway with a million Guillotines all beside each other.
    Congratulations Dark Souls, you have broken me.

• TheCrane 30 Sep 2013 23:28:00 113 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You're almost there!
  • Julpero 30 Sep 2013 23:43:51 38 posts
    Seen 7 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Plus you need the rage
    I made some progress but got to a skinny walkway with a million Guillotines all beside each other.
    Seriously don't give up. You're almost at the next bonfire and the end of Sen's Fortress. Actually really really close to it.

To avoid the blades you need to start running when they're opening. You can roll in the end to make sure you're safe but you really won't need it.
  • SomaticSense 1 Oct 2013 00:44:43 9,145 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You have to stick with it. One more boss at the end of this area, and you'll get to witness one of the most glorious and underappreciated moments of the current gen.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Oct 2013 07:01:18 11,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Julpero wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    Plus you need the rage
    Seriously don't give up. You're almost at the next bonfire and the end of Sen's Fortress. Actually really really close to it.

To avoid the blades you need to start running when they're opening. You can roll in the end to make sure you're safe but you really won't need it.
    /Sobs

• Architect_z 1 Oct 2013 08:24:55 2,412 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Armoured_Bear - Stop crying! No demon slayer ever achieved anything by crying. You gotta man up, grow some balls, run across that very thin walkway, and let us know when you can't find the bonfire.
  • quadfather 1 Oct 2013 08:35:51 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm glad I'm here to witness the feeling of dispair!

We all have that feeling mate. Where you could just throw the entire fucking console out of the window. That feeling of exhaustive apathy swinging wildly to cold fury at the blink of an eye.

Been waiting for it to happen :)

Its at this point where you'll either get through it or shelve the game. There's nothing secret about what you need to do now - just patience and don't make any mistakes. As others have said you are a gnats arsehole from the bonfire.

Put it this way, look how little time it takes getting past the first room now as opposed to when you first went there, hmm?

• Rajin 1 Oct 2013 11:12:02 666 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Does anyone know what the best upgrade path for a gargoyle halberd is? I am going dex/magic. Read somewhere that it is a good elemental weapon but since the patch they've been nerfed quite badly?

Edited by Rajin at 11:12:32 01-10-2013
  • LeoliansBro 1 Oct 2013 11:19:24 44,956 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It has a lovely moveset and higher base damage than a regular halberd which is why it makes for a better elemental weapon. The resistances are a nice little bonus as well.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Armoured_Bear 1 Oct 2013 11:23:33 11,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I'm glad I'm here to witness the feeling of dispair!

We all have that feeling mate. Where you could just throw the entire fucking console out of the window. That feeling of exhaustive apathy swinging wildly to cold fury at the blink of an eye.

Been waiting for it to happen :)

Its at this point where you'll either get through it or shelve the game. There's nothing secret about what you need to do now - just patience and don't make any mistakes. As others have said you are a gnats arsehole from the bonfire.

Put it this way, look how little time it takes getting past the first room now as opposed to when you first went there, hmm?
    Yes, exactly the feeling!
    I'll have another crack at getting to the bonfire, I was beginning to think there wasn't one.

The chest with the trap wasn't very nice, nor the lift that shoves you into spikes :-(

• Armoured_Bear 1 Oct 2013 11:30:51 11,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Architect_z wrote:
    @Armoured_Bear - Stop crying! No demon slayer ever achieved anything by crying. You gotta man up, grow some balls, run across that very thin walkway, and let us know when you can't find the bonfire.
    /Sniff
    But it's too hard....

/Dries eyes.

• quadfather 1 Oct 2013 11:31:23 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Completely understand :)

It's worth pushing on, trust me.

Now you now to hit every chest from now on. There's a very slight graphical difference between normal ones and 'those' ones if you look closely.

Yes, lovely lift isn't it :)

You're about to get a higher level of satisfaction soon that you don't normally get with standard games, just keep going!

• Metalfish 1 Oct 2013 11:37:55 8,874 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I never got, er, "got" by the spike lift. I think the game is reasonably fair there.

The mimics are a bonafide dick-move though, which are somehow forgotten when adherents claim the game is totally fair.
  • DodgyPast 1 Oct 2013 17:26:41 8,537 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Every play seems to be quite random. Had some fun with the guys guarding the way to blight town, figured out how to get heal working, chucked on some extra strength and played with a battle axe and the winged spear.

Hunting around Undead burg I accidentally decided to go through a white fog and got clobbered by the Taurus Demon :-)

At what point should I be thinking of swapping out Astaro's sword and shield.

The Japanese sword with the crazy U name seems like something worth upgrading.

The other thing I'm wondering is how good is the Drake Sword. Is it worth picking up a short boy and arrows, or hunting for something better before I shoot the tail?

Other questions... Is it worth upgrading Astaro's gear or the drake sword.

Also any recommendations for armour? I've got the Wanderer set. I'd like 2 sets, something light and agile and something with decent poise and toughness.

Upgrading gear seems to be a whole new mind field.

I get the feeling that min maxing isn't really necessary for your first play through. All the experimentation is going to help balance out wasted souls.

Might see what I push out of faith as a third characteristic.

Edited by DodgyPast at 17:31:43 01-10-2013
  • Armoured_Bear 1 Oct 2013 17:32:39 11,891 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:
    I never got, er, "got" by the spike lift. I think the game is reasonably fair there.

The mimics are a bonafide dick-move though, which are somehow forgotten when adherents claim the game is totally fair.
    Yeah, I was being a muppet tbh

• King_Edward 1 Oct 2013 17:32:44 11,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Skip the Drakes Sword. It's more than it's worth to upgrade. The Uchigatana is one of the best dex weapons in the game.
  • King_Edward 1 Oct 2013 17:34:21 11,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Metalfish wrote:

Well, only the first Mimic is really unfair. After that it's your own damn fault for not learning.

Edited by King_Edward at 17:34:37 01-10-2013
  • quadfather 1 Oct 2013 17:41:16 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DodgyPast wrote:
    Every play seems to be quite random. Had some fun with the guys guarding the way to blight town, figured out how to get heal working, chucked on some extra strength and played with a battle axe and the winged spear.

Hunting around Undead burg I accidentally decided to go through a white fog and got clobbered by the Taurus Demon :-)

At what point should I be thinking of swapping out Astaro's sword and shield.

The Japanese sword with the crazy U name seems like something worth upgrading.

The other thing I'm wondering is how good is the Drake Sword. Is it worth picking up a short boy and arrows, or hunting for something better before I shoot the tail?

Other questions... Is it worth upgrading Astaro's gear or the drake sword.

Also any recommendations for armour? I've got the Wanderer set. I'd like 2 sets, something light and agile and something with decent poise and toughness.

Upgrading gear seems to be a whole new mind field.

I get the feeling that min maxing isn't really necessary for your first play through. All the experimentation is going to help balance out wasted souls.

Might see what I push out of faith as a third characteristic.
    Few questions here :)

Taurus demon. When you enter the fog, stop, and look around.

Astora's sword. Depends. What kind of character are you planning to play? That will dictate stats which in turn dictates weapons.

Uchigatana is a good sword for a dex build. Again, what is your play style going to be?

Armour. Stick with wanderer for now - its not bad and you'll come across loads soon.

Upgrading gear is underrated. People get absorbed with levelling but its just as important to upgrade kit as much, if not more so.

You can't really waste souls as they are in complete abundance. You can however make it difficult for yourself if you plough your souls down one path then realise later you want to go down a different path.

If faith is your third stat, what are first and second choices?

• quadfather 1 Oct 2013 17:41:38 13,365 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And forget the drake sword

• King_Edward 1 Oct 2013 17:45:28 11,471 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Balder Side Sword is a good option.

Is this getting old yet?
  • LeoliansBro 1 Oct 2013 17:45:58 44,956 posts