Dark Souls Page 831

  • Page

    of 1193 First / Last

  • Moot_Point 16 Jul 2013 14:08:18 3,906 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BillCityfingers wrote:

    Edit: Weirdly enough looking at stat scaling it looks like the magic +10 is better than the enchanted +5???
    The enchanted has better stat scaling, so it would be dependant on your magic stat. Same with holy and occult, based on faith obviously.

    ================================================================================

    mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 15:24:14
    Ok I feel a little bit of a shit.

    I went and nailed poor half naked hollowed Logan, not realising the mighty Crystal catalyst he had. Holy mother of toilet farmers that's a powerful catalyst.

    Anyway, went and killed big cuddly Sif with two crystal soul spears to the face and thought I'd nip over to AL and try a wee invasion. So I invade and the host has two phantoms. They're heading towards the fog gates killing the Royal Sentinels and I appear in the entrance. I thought "shit, three of them, this was a bad idea" and was quite content to just let them run away and face O&S, never would have caught them if they had.

    Just then they turn and come at me. Queue Crystal catalyst with crystal homing soul mass and crystal soul spears. The three of them didn't last longer than about 3 seconds. I don't think I moved.

    So yeah, I feel a bit bad.

    To be fair, I DID bow afterwards. And I DID feel a little bit like maybe that was karma after all the shitty invasions conducted to me when facing O&S....

    Edited by BillCityfingers at 15:26:17 16-07-2013
  • GuiltySpark 16 Jul 2013 15:30:37 6,320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Just tried to play this on PC.

    What a fucking mess.
    What do you mean?

    Don't tell me you're trying to use mouse/keyboard?
    On a PC? Who'd have thought it! And nah, I knew about the problems, I just wanted to see how bad it was for myself. I did not expect it to be literally unplayable. Even moving the mouse around was not smooth in the slightest, it looked horrible.

    Also, I haven't played a game that looks this bad on my PC for a long, long time. What were they thinking?

    Get bent.

  • LeoliansBro 16 Jul 2013 15:40:57 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jesus Bill, what INT are you at?

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 15:44:11
    Urm... 50. With my ring, crown, crystal catalist and using a crystal soul spear I do just shy of 1300 damage :redface:
  • ZuluHero 16 Jul 2013 15:45:19 4,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well in regards to a controller - it does say in pretty large letter on the steam page...

    Notice:
    Microsoft Xbox 360® Controller for Windows® (or equivalent) is strongly recommended.
    And I don't normally bite, but bad?? Now you're just trying to wind us up!











    "Liar ahead" :p

    Edited by ZuluHero at 15:47:11 16-07-2013
  • LeoliansBro 16 Jul 2013 15:45:45 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That's plain nasty. Hope I never run into you down a dark Anor Londo.

    Now, today's question - does killing Griggs bugger Logan's storyline?

    Ah fuck it, I'm going Claymore anyway aren't I...

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 15:50:22
    Mwwahahaha... I'm a cheap badass ginger spellcaster with a dress on.

    I think the only advantage of keeping Griggs alive is for spells as as far as I can tell Logan's story runs separately. Might be wrong though.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 15:51:27
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Now, today's question - does killing Griggs bugger Logan's storyline?
    Pretty sure it doesn't, no - Big Hat should still be found in his usual place. You won't be able to buy the nice caster rings though.
  • GuiltySpark 16 Jul 2013 15:55:50 6,320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not to derail the thread, but you do realise only one of those shots is ingame, right? aka, the least impressive one, which would not look as good as that if it was actually full size, rather than scaled down.

    It's a poor port, there's not much point arguing! It's just a good job the game is actually good and that there's a third party fix. The lack of effort is appalling though.

    Get bent.

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:03:34
    Second playthrough complete. 14 hours level 69. Put more souls into several different weapons with different abilities rather than my first run with one +15 weapon.

    Just watched dark souls 2 trailer on the dash...look splendid indeed, getting trapped in a shield?
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:05:17
    @Choppi How the hell do you do it so fast!!! What class were you this time?
  • LeoliansBro 16 Jul 2013 16:05:40 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm just not buying that revan, sorry.

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:05:50
    I'm 55 fucking hours in, level 69 and still not out of Ando Londo. :\
  • LeoliansBro 16 Jul 2013 16:06:20 43,132 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

    LB, you really are a massive geek.

  • KD 16 Jul 2013 16:09:17 632 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just bought the game on pc and spent a little time fixing it with mods, just need the weather to turn crap and I'll be all over it.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 16:11:11 13,243 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Not to derail the thread, but you do realise only one of those shots is ingame, right? aka, the least impressive one, which would not look as good as that if it was actually full size, rather than scaled down.

    It's a poor port, there's not much point arguing! It's just a good job the game is actually good and that there's a third party fix. The lack of effort is appalling though.
    TBH, it looks, at worst, as bad as the console versions. Perhaps better for the resolution patch and more stable framerate.

    Looking at it to be pushing the barriers of graphics is perhaps the wrong thing to do. The look of Dark Souls impresses in its atmosphere, variety of locales and art design. Much in the way that I find the Crytek efforts so utterly boring, totally devoid of any style in the aim of the most technically demanding and real rendering.

    The big thing about this is playing the game! We all went through Blighttown's shonky framerate, saw glitches in skyboxes, had a good laugh at some of the ragdoll... but it didn't matter as the actual game was so rewarding.

    _ _ _

    www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:12:08
    @KD Fuck the weather. Play it. Play it now.



    Talking about levels. I'm level 58 now and I don't actually think I'm going to bother levelling up for the rest of the game. I just don't need to.

    Edited by BillCityfingers at 16:13:59 16-07-2013
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:13:24
    @Widge That's it exactly. I mean, the ragdolling should be hilarious, only it isn't. Blighttown should REALLY fuck you off, only it doesn't. I just can't dislike any part of this game.
  • PenguinJim 16 Jul 2013 16:16:44 5,754 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:

    On a PC? Who'd have thought it! And nah, I knew about the problems, I just wanted to see how bad it was for myself. I did not expect it to be literally unplayable. Even moving the mouse around was not smooth in the slightest, it looked horrible.

    Also, I haven't played a game that looks this bad on my PC for a long, long time. What were they thinking?
    Three words: DEE ESS FIX!

    Then DEE OF RESOLUTION!

    Then BEE AUTIFUL GAME!
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:18:01
    @BillCityfingers I was leggings it everywhere and didn't complete any areas that are not essential.
    It is amazing how different it plays when you know what you're doing, first time was all caution and this time was all aggression mixed with knowledge needed to succeed. Only part of the game I struggled with was o and s again but just summoned someone which separates them long enough.
  • GuiltySpark 16 Jul 2013 16:18:29 6,320 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I UNDERSTAND BUT IT DOESN'T MEAN THE DEVELOPERS OR WHOEVER PORTED THE FUCKER WERE NOT EXTREMELY LAZY


    "A lot of it was not very well done, sort of half-assed," Tanimura said.

    When the actual director of the game agrees with me, it's probably time to stop arguing.

    Edited by GuiltySpark at 16:19:46 16-07-2013

    Get bent.

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:19:47
    Class was bandit, went strength and endurance. Also up my dex and barely touch vitality.

    Ring of favour is a blessing.
  • ZuluHero 16 Jul 2013 16:21:57 4,011 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Widge wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Not to derail the thread, but you do realise only one of those shots is ingame, right? aka, the least impressive one, which would not look as good as that if it was actually full size, rather than scaled down.

    It's a poor port, there's not much point arguing! It's just a good job the game is actually good and that there's a third party fix. The lack of effort is appalling though.
    TBH, it looks, at worst, as bad as the console versions. Perhaps better for the resolution patch and more stable framerate.

    Looking at it to be pushing the barriers of graphics is perhaps the wrong thing to do. The look of Dark Souls impresses in its atmosphere, variety of locales and art design. Much in the way that I find the Crytek efforts so utterly boring, totally devoid of any style in the aim of the most technically demanding and real rendering.

    The big thing about this is playing the game! We all went through Blighttown's shonky framerate, saw glitches in skyboxes, had a good laugh at some of the ragdoll... but it didn't matter as the actual game was so rewarding.
    Even so, it's also the technical accomplished too; you can run from one side of the world to the other, through lots of very different worlds, with lots of very nice vistas, dynamic lighting and visual touches and the whole thing is seamless. Not to even mention the 100s of different enemies you face.
  • Widge Moderator 16 Jul 2013 16:25:19 13,243 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well, if a poor port does slightly better than the source material, not really too much to complain about. You are getting a slightly better version of a game that everyone thinks is great already.

    I understand that a PC *could* do lots more, but that is losing the essence of the game.

    _ _ _

    www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 16:27:29
    @Choppi Oh aye totally. One of the first things I did this time was to leg it to the bottom of blighttown and farm leeches for green titanite before I'd even rung the first bell, just went in via valley of drakes. I just have no fear of death at all.

    O&S are always a problem for me. My big heavyhitter zweihander is stuck there just now, stalled after only three attempts before I got distracted with a mage class. Killed them second time with my magicman run though with solaire's help. Although my first attempt I soloed them but just didn't quite manage it.
  • gelf 16 Jul 2013 17:29:32 188 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing through on PC and I don't give a shit that its a bare bones port. Better that then no port at all.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 21:14:05
    Cleared out the Painted World and farmed for lots of souls. Definitely at level 69 now. Was only 62 earlier.
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 21:42:04
    Did you kill Priscilla?
  • Deleted user 16 July 2013 21:42:50
    Yeah.
  • Page

    of 1193 First / Last

Log in or register to reply