Dark Souls Page 688

• Page

of 1198 First / Last

• Architect_z 9 Jan 2013 19:02:30 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    Lol - any other thread and debating about the musical scores would have resulted in trolling by now. Gotta love how laid back this thread is still :D
    Hmmmmm - How do you troll a music debate? Ah wait....

LIMP BIZKIT discography is way better than the Dark Souls OST!!!

Does that count as a troll?
  • Dangerous_Dan 9 Jan 2013 19:03:35 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron That's because it's obvious that the Demon's Souls soundtrack is way superiour! ;)
  • Elathron 9 Jan 2013 19:29:04 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Dangerous_Dan Having never heard it... I shouldn't really comment. I do love the Dark Souls ST, it's not "IN YOUR FACE, NORDIC CHOIR; RAAAAAAAAARRRGHHH" like Skyrim. It's more vague and passive which makes for a better atmosphere overall. I do, however, hate the bloody bonfire music. In all likelihood that's because I've spent far too much time listening to the repetitive drone while deciding how best to use my equipment :evil:

Edited by Elathron at 19:30:06 09-01-2013

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Elathron 9 Jan 2013 19:32:03 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Architect_z - harhar! Limp Bizkit? It's just one of those days, so keep on rolling baby! Not the place I'd ever expect to see them mentioned :D

If God said “The Holy Spirit will come upon you, and the power of the Highest will overshadow you,” to Mary - does that mean he loves bukkake?

• Architect_z 9 Jan 2013 19:50:51 2,385 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I ist metal head. ^_^

(Although for the record I don't like Limp Bizkit. At least....not anymore. "I hope you know i pack a chainsaw!!!" )

Edited by Architect_z at 19:51:23 09-01-2013
  • Kingcuong 9 Jan 2013 23:19:58 19 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Vaatividya on YouTube has an AMAZING lore series. I just found him today! Well made and very informative.

Edited by Kingcuong at 23:20:19 09-01-2013
  • Dangerous_Dan 10 Jan 2013 07:44:38 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Elathron Made me curious about the Skyrim Ost, yeah well it sounds a bit generic but obviously well made.
    Demon's Souls is full of despair

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 07:44:50 10-01-2013
  • quadfather 10 Jan 2013 09:26:19 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    [link url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9piElENpvmM]Leave us, slayer of Demons.
    This is a sanctuary for the lost and wretched.
    There is nothing here for you to pillage or plunder.
    Please, leave quietly.[/link]

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• brn 10 Jan 2013 09:27:09 230 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    don't go picking on skyrim's OST! it's great. sure it's not fit for 100hrs of gameplay but it sure is atmospheric. the town tune is one of my favourite peices.

I also love the bonfire song. much better than the Nexus-song in demon's!
  • quadfather 10 Jan 2013 09:41:29 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blasphemy!

• JonFE 10 Jan 2013 09:49:50 1,442 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Elathron wrote:
    ... I do, however, hate the bloody bonfire music. In all likelihood that's because I've spent far too much time listening to the repetitive drone while deciding how best to use my equipment :evil:
    I ripped that bonfire tune and actually use it with the marine aquarium screensaver :cool:

As for both Souls OST's, both me and my son love them in equal measures. He even noticed that a couple of the boss' themes are labeled wrong.
  • Dangerous_Dan 10 Jan 2013 09:54:27 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @JonFE Yes they are, which made me quite angry because I had ripped them with itunes and labeled them myself just to realize that a lot of the titles were mixed up. :mad:
  • Elathron 10 Jan 2013 10:27:59 1,189 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    brn wrote:
    don't go picking on skyrim's OST! it's great. sure it's not fit for 100hrs of gameplay but it sure is atmospheric. the town tune is one of my favourite peices.
    quote]

DOn't get me wrong, I think Skyrim's OST is awesome. I love it, but it's like the rest of the game; in your face and LOUD! Blood on steel and Watch the Skies are some of my favourites. I think there's a megamix on youtube that I'll link (it's got all the best bits haha). Dark Souls OST is just, well, as different as the rest of the game is to Skyrim. They are equal yet opposite, a bit like the Tories and the LibDems (not) haha.

• FourSevenZero 10 Jan 2013 10:29:04 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Kingcuong wrote:
    Vaatividya on YouTube has an AMAZING lore series. I just found him today! Well made and very informative.
    I think that's the guy ENB recommended but I couldn't quite make it out, I'll check it out tonight, cheers :) I watched a couple of vids of the other guy he recommended (Rhurikhan - sp?) amazing series of him one-shotting bosses, he even surprised himself when he took down O&S with one shot on both!
  • quadfather 10 Jan 2013 10:32:58 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Some of the Skyrim dungeon tunes are ok. I like the way some of them blend in and out some of the oblivion dungeon music too.

Though there is one oblivion dungeon tune that I really like

It's this one

• teamHAM 10 Jan 2013 13:39:27 2,867 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    Kingcuong wrote:
    I think that's the guy ENB recommended but I couldn't quite make it out, I'll check it out tonight, cheers :) I watched a couple of vids of the other guy he recommended (Rhurikhan - sp?) amazing series of him one-shotting bosses, he even surprised himself when he took down O&S with one shot on both!
    I checked out Vaatividya and saw a lore series on Binding of Isaac (!) and a walkthrough of Farming Simulator 2013 (double !!). Didn't see a great deal to do with Dark Souls.

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Cannon_Fodder 10 Jan 2013 13:43:50 216 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I put a lot of hours into Skyrim to the point where I think I hated the sound track, it felt so repetitive. That said, the amount of time I've spent at the Firelink Shrine just standing around is probably worse.

To me they're both excellent but both add to the game differently. Skyrim seems to add to the atmosphere with music, whereas Dark Souls adds to it by the lack of audio. It definitely wouldn't have made as good an impression on me if it was constantly on in the background. Then those moments happen where you spot your foe, he's 100 times your size and the audio cranks up and just makes it an epic, memorable fight.

Unfortunately I've owned Demon Souls for years and never got around to putting a decent amount of time into it. The nexus sounded great, but I can't vouch for any other areas. I really must get around to finishing it.

Twitch TV: http://twitch.tv/drunk_geordie

3DS: 3196-3686-5181 (Cannon)
    Xbox Live: CannonFodderDOS
    PSN: DrunkenGeordie

• quadfather 10 Jan 2013 14:33:59 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Has anyone got a link to the cargo speed run that ENB is on about on his Dark Runner vid? I can't seem to find it anywhere

• senso-ji 10 Jan 2013 15:01:10 5,840 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @quadfather

The person who did the speed run has already bettered his time since ENB's videos:

• quadfather 10 Jan 2013 15:01:26 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But if it's the one where he glitches at frampt to get to the kiln, no worries, I've seen that.

I need moar speed runs!

/goes to check the demon's souls speed runs

• quadfather 10 Jan 2013 15:02:08 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @senso-ji - Cheers - I'll check that out before checking the demon's one out

• quadfather 10 Jan 2013 15:27:56 11,975 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That is a stunning run. I'm just at 14 mins in, and he's calculated his health perfectly to activate the red tear stone ring just as he's landed on his final jump near sifs door.

Artform

• Mattwow 10 Jan 2013 16:22:44 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hey all, Ive just bought the prepare to die edition of the game, Installed no probs but when the game starts & i sign in to windows live, I fill in my log in details & the next screen is the product key (its already filled in) i click agree to terms but then says my product key is wrong, Ive checked with the back of the manual & its correct, Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edited by Mattwow at 16:23:07 10-01-2013

Edited by Mattwow at 16:23:32 10-01-2013

Windows 7 - 64
    Intel Core I7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

Xbox Gamertag - Wolves since 86

• Mattwow 10 Jan 2013 17:18:22 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I can now sign into live & it starts to download my profile but then a box appears saying my product cide is in correct, This was bought new from game, Could this alrady have been used?

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• Dangerous_Dan 10 Jan 2013 17:26:02 2,380 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If you made sure that you entered the code correctly. (Didn't mistake an o for a zero or 1 (one) with l (small L) and the likes of that) then I don't know...

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 17:26:25 10-01-2013

Edited by Dangerous_Dan at 17:27:14 10-01-2013
  • FourSevenZero 10 Jan 2013 19:12:33 82 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    FourSevenZero wrote:
    Kingcuong wrote:
    I checked out Vaatividya and saw a lore series on Binding of Isaac (!) and a walkthrough of Farming Simulator 2013 (double !!). Didn't see a great deal to do with Dark Souls.
    I've just subscribed to him mate theres loads of Souls stuff on there :)
  • Mattwow 10 Jan 2013 19:32:55 43 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is this better to be played on PC with a gamepad?

Windows 7 - 64
    8GB Ram
    ATI Radeon HD 6970

• FanBoysSuck 10 Jan 2013 19:37:47 1,468 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I swear to god this game is trolling me, I've put in around 7 hours of farming new Londo for a slab and nothing! Item discover at 350 (serpent ring, revived, one humanity) and nothing. The only silver lining is that I've gone up around 10 levels, something that doesn't happen often in new game plus!

For the emperor!

• Page

of 1198 First / Last