Dark Souls Page 633

• Page

of 1205 First / Last

• quadfather 15 Nov 2012 14:45:23 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    The wall thing kills me too- usually they can get you but you can (no longer) get them back too.

I'm about to go into NG+++ and get Sif's soul for the Platinum, then I'm absolutely going back to Demon's Souls. I just need one more run through to get the Platinum for that too. Really looking forward to comparing the two. I'm glad parrying is easier Quaddy, I never bothered to play Demon's Souls "properly" going for lots of parries, backstabs, upgrading weapons and armour properly. Going to put that right :)
    Yup me neither - I hadn't a clue most of the time - I had to cheese a lot of bosses too due to lack of skill + upgrades.

*Really* enjoyed demon's last night though - just fired up a level 20 something and had a quick play in 1-2 to get used to it and then did a run for the crescent falchion in 4-1 and absolutely loved every minute of it.

It's just so more fluid - I've only just really noticed how fluid after playing dark for so long and going back to it.

Very tempted to start a new char and go for some proper scaling and enjoy the parry's too.

Backstab is a little harder, but you can still pull it off

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mcmothercruncher 15 Nov 2012 17:34:25 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh shit, now I need to get familiarised and utterly obsessed with another game again. I doubt I've remembered much ;)
  • mcmothercruncher 15 Nov 2012 17:45:27 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh, and, epic fail:

(not me this time, I hasten to add).
  • teamHAM 15 Nov 2012 18:11:22 2,979 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Taking on the Gaping Dragon again (albeit admittedly at a low level) and boy I forgot just how useless the NPC's are! I have both Lautrec and Solaire and they both just stand in front of the frontal ground pound and get destroyed in about 5 seconds flat :(

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• quadfather 15 Nov 2012 18:25:09 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Oh shit, now I need to get familiarised and utterly obsessed with another game again. I doubt I've remembered much ;)
    Heh, don't worry, it all comes flooding back :) honestly though, get a light armoured dude and its amazing how fast it is.

Need to decide on weapons and armour again :)

• quadfather 15 Nov 2012 18:26:54 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    teamHAM wrote:
    Taking on the Gaping Dragon again (albeit admittedly at a low level) and boy I forgot just how useless the NPC's are! I have both Lautrec and Solaire and they both just stand in front of the frontal ground pound and get destroyed in about 5 seconds flat :(
    Yeah, they're not too clever and just provide a distraction. But you should be ok if you constantly circle it and only attack its back legs once it comes to a standstill. 2 handed attacks too

Edited by quadfather at 18:27:32 15-11-2012

• mcmothercruncher 15 Nov 2012 18:35:46 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Heh, don't worry, it all comes flooding back :) honestly though, get a light armoured dude and its amazing how fast it is.

Let me know what you decide! I've become a big fan of lighter armour and smaller faster weapons twinned with (hopefully) a bit more skill. I used to try to bludgeon my way through Demon's too much...
  • quadfather 15 Nov 2012 20:25:30 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    mcmothercruncher wrote:

Let me know what you decide! I've become a big fan of lighter armour and smaller faster weapons twinned with (hopefully) a bit more skill. I used to try to bludgeon my way through Demon's too much...
    Well, give us a shout when you start it again and I'll give you a hand with coop.

I'll probably either carry on with this nimble dex char and get the miralda armour from 1-1 and stick to a high crit dagger or something that scales well.

Are you resurrecting an older high level char or.you starting again? I could bring a 90 odd thief into the mix but its not levelled brilliantly and is in ng plus. Happy to start again to learn the ropes etc

• quadfather 15 Nov 2012 20:26:37 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    And yes, most of my demons characters are all over the shop. Brute strength and all that

• mcmothercruncher 15 Nov 2012 21:14:57 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Man, it all seems a bit foggy- I think I've got a 100ish character at the end of NG+ and I need to go through once more to get the Maiden in Black's soul in order to get the weapon based trophy.

I'll have a look and figure out what characters I've got- one is absolutely borked and the other two are possibly maybe slightly workable :D

Either way, I'm looking forward to leaving "Sticky White Stuff" messages on the Blacksmiths bed again at some point :cool:
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2012 08:30:35 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - cool. Well, one of mine is completely useless, as per yours, and the other one is ok and half way through ng plus. The other 2 are young enough to salvage I reckon

Did 4-1 and the adjudicator last night. Parrytastic :)

• quadfather 16 Nov 2012 15:01:20 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    By the way, ENB has uploaded some decent dark souls DLC half walkthrough/half lore video's - some really good stuff

• mcmothercruncher 16 Nov 2012 15:13:31 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Coolio, that'll totally do for some Friday afternoon viewing :)

I'll load up Demon's Souls and try to figure out where I am over the weekend...
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2012 15:23:25 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - nice one.

I'll be on either of the games on saturday, but then off to lanzarote for a week from sunday.

double edged sword really - will be nice to have a break but there's no souls games!!

• FanBoysSuck 16 Nov 2012 15:36:55 1,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I love those ENB lore videos. It was that series that got my into the game again. Hell I would have had a much harder time with the game if it wasn't for him posting that video on the drake sword!

For the emperor!

• Tuffty 16 Nov 2012 15:48:42 1,606 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gearing myself up for tonight, I'm going to walk into the Darkroot Garden and open up the door with the seal of Artorias. I expect things to get tough, but I'm gonna have to as I don't have anywhere else to go. New Londo has been thoroughly explored, Tomb of the Giants seems too high level and Ceaseless Discharge wipes the floor with me so I can't go to the Demon Ruins.
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2012 16:13:39 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Tuffty - I reckon you're doing the right thing by going into the forest at your stage - Enjoy!

• quadfather 16 Nov 2012 19:22:51 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm out on the piss with some mates, and they won't talk about dark souls. Shall I backstab them? Or just parry their pint attacks?

• mcmothercruncher 16 Nov 2012 19:58:31 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Or introduce them to the toxic dart throwers on the way home?
  • quadfather 16 Nov 2012 21:14:43 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @mcmothercruncher - we've left now so.
    It's a case of dealing with the final boss*

*the stagger home

• Fixxxer 16 Nov 2012 23:45:00 1,304 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm worried by you guys talking about 'unsalvageable characters'. I'm at level 28 and pumping points into strength largely.

What should I be doing?
  • azurelas_2 17 Nov 2012 01:12:52 1,116 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just started playing this after finishing Skyrim. Holy shit-balls, I haven't played anything this hard since Ninja Gaiden Black on the first Xbox. And, I've now learned that you're not supposed to kill everything/everyone in sight, running away is more often than not, the best option.
  • mcmothercruncher 17 Nov 2012 09:03:07 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just continue with your strength focussed character Fixer, and don't turn him into a dex/magic/faith/strength "build" by chopping and changing as shiny new weapons surface.
    Save something spell based etc for another character. It's not so much that a character is broken, just that points have been wasted in stats ad hoc so that the main damage stat isn't as high as it could have been with a more focussed build :)

Are you working through the Undead Burg Az? DON'T MESS WITH THE SKELETONS IN THE OTHER DIRECTION! (yet).
  • mcmothercruncher 17 Nov 2012 09:03:12 7,100 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Double post... shitting hate posting on my phone...

Edited by mcmothercruncher at 09:04:49 17-11-2012
  • Big-Swiss 17 Nov 2012 09:28:48 8,127 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I started from scratch, created a pyroguy and keept the skills much more balanced, and I'm enjoying it much more! Of course I know a lot of things I didn't the first time, and the flow is much better!

summoned my first online players to help me, was funny how they rushed trough undead burg without me, souls and weapons just flying at me from everywhere and got the black knight sword, and then they died and vanished. I think they joined me for about 90 seconds.
    Can't use the black knight sword yet, cause I'm too weak.

Had my first guy invade me, he was much stronger, I can tell, his arrows would take a lot of health away when he hit me.
    I think he got confused, I just purchased about 28 firebombs, and I think he figured I had about five, so he wanted to wait them out, while I was trowing firebombs and trowing my pyro fire bombs at him for minutes, he then got annoyed and started to look for more distance, too bad behind him was nothing but a cliff. bye bye

I was trilled that I won by luck against such a strong oponent, he could have easy killed me if he wouldn't have waited for me to run out of fire bombs, and then suicided. I bet that guy is still swearing and feeling all stupid.

This time, I didn't kill the merchant, and bought enough arrows to get the drake sword. but I'm too weak for that one too. Perhaps I'm not the gamer you lot are for wanting to use it allready, but I'm having a lot of fun with this game right now and am totally hooked!!!

I hope I have the right class now to be a badass everything, cause I rather just play with this charakter and play the game a few times making him the chief everything. (magic, pyro, wonder, etc)

Edited by Big-Swiss at 09:30:34 17-11-2012
  • teamHAM 17 Nov 2012 10:26:06 2,979 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Facepalm wrote:
    How in Zeus' Butthole! did people destroy the three peeps you have to defeat, who steal the firelink shrine soul Those guys are utter twats.
    I tend to kite them around the room to get Lautrec ahead of the others (down the side of the room where there is limited room for movement works well), then just nuke him with a 2-hander or magic. You only have to kill Lautrec and the other two despawn iirc.

Edited by teamHAM at 10:27:03 17-11-2012

XBox Live, Origin, PSN and Steam: teamHAM

• Lotos8ter 17 Nov 2012 10:34:00 2,360 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Facepalm make sure you can use a heal miracle or have a few humanity equipped as you can't heal with Estus and it can come as a nasty surprise. You're effectively invading.

Concentrate on the Mage first every time, his soul arrows do big damage and will stun you whilst attacking the others, so go to town on him.
    With him down, I tend to ignore the other soldier and concentrate on lautrec. He is a handful and then some. his shotels ignore your shield and damage through your blocking so don't rely on it. I go 2 handed for a few hits, try to stun him then create distance, heal and repeat. Watch out when you get his health down as he has the red tearstone ring (you'll see him with a reddish glow/aura) so his damage drastically increases and he can one shot you.

Having said all this its perfectly do-able but if you run in and arent't prepared, the 3 will fuck you over.

Edited by Lotos8ter at 10:34:36 17-11-2012

Fiat Lux

• quadfather 17 Nov 2012 11:24:43 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    azurelas_2 wrote:
    Just started playing this after finishing Skyrim. Holy shit-balls, I haven't played anything this hard since Ninja Gaiden Black on the first Xbox. And, I've now learned that you're not supposed to kill everything/everyone in sight, running away is more often than not, the best option.
    Shield up!

• quadfather 17 Nov 2012 11:42:50 12,251 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Pendant

I'm on the triple-bluff side :)

• Page

of 1205 First / Last