Fair do's, cheers

Still going to save Sif though. Poor thing

Edited by quadfather at 14:39:46 09-11-2012

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• mcmothercruncher 9 Nov 2012 14:49:02 5,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Poor little Sif.

Excuse me, I, you know, think I have something in my eye.

/hugs actual dog on sofa.
  • Architect_z 9 Nov 2012 15:09:32 2,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm gonna get a dog and call him Sif, might put a toy sword in his mouth for comedic purposes
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2012 15:18:12 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That new cutscene is gutting

• senso-ji 9 Nov 2012 15:21:57 5,317 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    And it makes the bit where she starts limping even more heartbreaking :(
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2012 15:27:54 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yeah :(

It's too sad goddamit

I may have to design some kind of t-shirt in support of Sif :)

• Architect_z 9 Nov 2012 16:29:26 2,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Sif Rules!!! I'm so glad he waspart of the DLC

I think the Gwynn fight has been modified since the patch? Hes really hard to parry now by comparisson to when I tried last time. I had to finish him using standard moves.
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2012 16:35:44 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm actually really upset about Sif!

• Architect_z 9 Nov 2012 16:38:50 2,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Awwwww quaddy, its gonna be ok!!! *pats back*
  • quadfather 9 Nov 2012 17:25:24 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :)

It's still not fair though :)

• Lotos8ter 9 Nov 2012 18:51:15 2,325 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    senso-ji wrote:
    And it makes the bit where she starts limping even more heartbreaking :(
    /lip trembles

Fiat Lux

• FanBoysSuck 9 Nov 2012 19:03:44 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Post deleted

For the emperor!

• FanBoysSuck 9 Nov 2012 19:04:53 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dammit I hope the depths, blight town and the chuckle brothers aren't too hard on NG plus, I really want to get to the dlc now!

For the emperor!

• quadfather 9 Nov 2012 20:32:09 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @FanBoysSuck - you'll be fine. Once you've got used to how much health the standard monsters take off, you'll adjust accordingly.

I'm still really sad about Sif!

• mcmothercruncher 9 Nov 2012 22:21:43 5,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's the limp that gets me...

Does anyone else have weird flickering light sources on the ps3 post 1.6 patch?
    It's really odd because I swear I didn't have them when loading up the DLC initially. Now though, all the bonfires flicker in and out, the messages appear and disappear and things like weapon buffs flicker on and off. Is my ps3 graphics chip on the Fritz?!
  • Restart 9 Nov 2012 22:37:22 4,678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've played this game for hundreds of hours since it first released, and yet it still manages to surprise me, as I found an item today that I've never seen or even heard of before.

http://darksouls.wikidot.com/symbol-of-avarice
  • Red_Bool 10 Nov 2012 00:25:45 1,142 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Finally beat Ornstein and Smough! :D I had nearly given up for the day (even quit the game) when I decided to have one more go. Thank goodness I did :) I used the help of Solaire and a summoned player (something something panda) and went for Ornstein first. The fight went pretty smooth, although the guy (girl?) I summoned had a large part in this victory (but I don't care, they're gone and dealt with :))

So now Gwynevere (the orange signs in/near her room are qute tasteful: Be wary of chest, try holding with both hands...*groan* :)) and the Anor Londo firekeeper gave me some hints where to go next. I really like it how this games lets you figure yourself what it is you're supposed to be doing next.
  • fiery_jackass 10 Nov 2012 01:06:54 376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Does anyone else have weird flickering light sources on the ps3 post 1.6 patch?
    yep, really bad. Happening to quite a lot of folk but only, I think, in Oolacile. It impacts gameplay as things like Wolf Ring auras don't show up properly in PvP and pyro spells can be invisible. Plus I spent a few panic-stricken seconds trying to guess where my invisible blood-stain was when I had an incoming invasion.

Needs patched. Hopefully the same patch will put a swift nerf on dark magic as I've concluded it's a real bollocks.
  • mcmothercruncher 10 Nov 2012 12:17:14 5,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers Fiery, that's re-assuring. I must visit other areas and see if it is just Oolacile for me too, hadn't thought to check that.

It makes gameplay really random- like you say, I'm missing messages and, more importantly, items- their glows just aren't there.
    And yes, Dark magic periodically just isn't there. I'm having to guess at what's coming at me. It's bizarre.
  • quadfather 10 Nov 2012 13:18:22 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    Finally beat Ornstein and Smough! :D I had nearly given up for the day (even quit the game) when I decided to have one more go. Thank goodness I did :) I used the help of Solaire and a summoned player (something something panda) and went for Ornstein first. The fight went pretty smooth, although the guy (girl?) I summoned had a large part in this victory (but I don't care, they're gone and dealt with :))

So now Gwynevere (the orange signs in/near her room are qute tasteful: Be wary of chest, try holding with both hands...*groan* :)) and the Anor Londo firekeeper gave me some hints where to go next. I really like it how this games lets you figure yourself what it is you're supposed to be doing next.
    Congratulations! Biggest highlight dropping those two, imo

Now you can relax and warp to your hearts content!

• Red_Bool 10 Nov 2012 17:09:04 1,142 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The warping makes life a bit easier yes :) However not all bonfires can be warped to it seems? Or can I only warp to bonfires that have been kindled?
  • quadfather 10 Nov 2012 17:56:21 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Red_Bool - its only certain ones that you can warp to, but as Yoy find more, it'll add them to the list. There's basically enough to where you want to go.

Didn't get a chance to play it yesterday and I'm out now, and its weighing heavy on my mind! Addicted! Gotta play it later!

• PenguinJim 11 Nov 2012 02:40:15 5,458 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The DLC adds more bonfires to the warping list. Also bear in mind that you can warp into the painting, but not out again. ;)
  • Red_Bool 11 Nov 2012 09:48:39 1,142 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yesterday I totally accidentally found where to put the lordvessel :) Spent the next hour and a half in the Dukes Archives. Excellent stuff :D
  • mcmothercruncher 11 Nov 2012 11:20:35 5,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Guess what dropped for me this morning:

I wasn't even human, so the drop rate was't exactly stellar. Had a whole string of Titanite Chunks after too. :cool:
  • quadfather 11 Nov 2012 13:00:15 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:

I wasn't even human, so the drop rate was't exactly stellar. Had a whole string of Titanite Chunks after too. :cool:
    You spawny git :)

• quadfather 11 Nov 2012 13:19:03 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been on the pc version again, trying to level up my only character on there. Bout sl70 and grinding a bit of int for some basic buffs. Just going through the siegmeyer questline for the slab, and am just about to do the LI bit with siegmeyer. I'll probably fuck it up, but it's worth a go

Had a good run of the the great hollow too - got every item and only missed 1 lizard

so I'll upgrade everything that I can, then pootle off to the dlc to get my arse kicked (only up to artorias done on this char, and he's next)

• Restart 11 Nov 2012 13:27:16 4,678 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:

I was farming them for a short while last night with the maximum item discovery (410), & during one run, had two of them drop!

Also, being human doesn't add anything. You get item discovery from having humanity (up to a maximum of 10), & from using the ring or the mimic chest helmet (though the effect doesn't stack if you use both). You apparently also get a better chance of item drop rates from overkilling mobs.

Edited by Restart at 13:29:27 11-11-2012
  • mcmothercruncher 11 Nov 2012 14:39:16 5,742 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Aha, yes, I'm thinking of Demon's Souls.

Still, no ring and only 6 humanity, pretty amazed. Though, I suppose 260 hours of gaming isn't that great an average ;)

I can confirm you get a new Sif movie, just patted him on the head and said "good boy", erm, sorry, knifed him to death. I'd rescued him from the DLC but not summoned him in the last boss fight contrary to the wiki- you only need to rescue him for the new movie content.
  • quadfather 11 Nov 2012 14:47:23 10,549 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Must admit I'll always get a few chunks doing new londo.

Question-anyone know what a valid elemental upgrade is in the new version? I was thinking if chaos, but I see its been needed. What about the others? I've got a stack of plus 5 weapons I want to play about with.

Also just died to the Li tit demon and he used the catchpole to catch me and fling me about. Never seen that in over 400 hours of playing.

Also! I couldn't find queleena, so went to talk to pyro guy in firelink and I wasn't looking and didn't see the question he asked. Said yes anyway, and the next thing you know he's attacking me in bt?!

Also, managed to get patches back at firelink as a merchant. Never done that before either!

• Page

of 1190 First / Last