DmC (Devil May Cry 5) Page 23

• Page

of 25 First / Last

• xuiton 15 Feb 2013 23:03:24 297 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    the enemies in the game are sooo bad. they are the same through the entire game, except for a two variation of a fat guy and some wolves

the bosses are much worse too.
  • khaz 16 Feb 2013 07:45:31 2,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    liamthemaster wrote:
    Any tips for getting more style points, I'm going for the SSS on nephilim achievement but can only ever get around S/SS for style as there are far less enemies
    Demon dodge and then hitting something knocks the counter up quickly, as does doing the Y,Y, pause, Y move with Arbiter. Also found the holding Y move with Aquila and the trillion stabs move (towards, towards Y then hammer Y with the normal sword) is an easy way to shoot up one rank.

Abuse Devil Trigger as well to kick the score up as you'll earn loads of it.

Managed to get SSS on levels 2 to 7 last night in one go using those tricks.
    Thank yew.
  • captainrentboy 16 Feb 2013 11:18:52 975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I'm getting close to the end now, I'm at the psychedelic nightclub, where ole saggy tits works.
    Really really enjoying it, gutted it's sold so badly though,as that means there probably won't be another one made by Ninja Theory.
    A quick question. What's the most efficient way of dealing with the teleporting red masked ninja things?? My first meeting with one of them was bloody drawn out, and there didn't seem to be a weapon or attack pattern that always worked.
  • liamthemaster 16 Feb 2013 15:27:15 1,588 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you wait for them to do the portal teleport, a few seconds later they'll come out of the portal and attack everytime, demon dodge and you can punish or if you're to far after dodge do the stinger.
  • King_Edward 16 Feb 2013 15:46:25 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Launching them is always a good idea, but as far as I tell there's no combo chain that they can't interrupt. Maybe after parrying, but that was too fiddly for me to bother with.
  • kinky_mong 16 Feb 2013 17:17:35 10,100 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    A charged Eryx uppercut when they teleport really fucks them up too (start holding B/Circle just as they start teleporting for best results).

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• Feanor 16 Feb 2013 18:06:05 14,125 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    A GAF poster with a history of posting reliable NPD news say DmC sold around 187,000 copies in January, 2013.

By comparison, DMC 4 sold 529,000 copies in February, 2008.
  • khaz 17 Feb 2013 07:29:58 2,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    And that's entirely down to the fact that prior to DmC, Ninja Theory made shit games. No one is talking about that. Everyone is blaming the "look" of the game which is utter nonsense. The game was never marketed with a strong focus on the gameplay something the previous DMCs did to death. This one was sold on the reboot look, not the combat which had what...1, maybe 2 videos?

Gamers may be fickle but we sure as fuck remember shit games and who made them.
  • Darth_Flibble 17 Feb 2013 19:48:54 1,653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And that's entirely down to the fact that prior to DmC, Ninja Theory made shit games
    No, not really
  • Syrette 17 Feb 2013 19:53:10 43,232 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    And that's entirely down to the fact that prior to DmC, Ninja Theory made shit games. No one is talking about that. Everyone is blaming the "look" of the game which is utter nonsense. The game was never marketed with a strong focus on the gameplay something the previous DMCs did to death. This one was sold on the reboot look, not the combat which had what...1, maybe 2 videos?

Gamers may be fickle but we sure as fuck remember shit games and who made them.
    So the low sales are down to the thing that no one is talking about?

• King_Edward 17 Feb 2013 20:17:13 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ninja Theory's involvement clearly didn't help, but the low sales would've happened regardless of who was in charge. Capcom have been onto stinker after stinker recently, so there's no way I'd have trusted them to get it right internally, and with the exception of Platinum there's really no one obvious to hand it off too.
  • Darth_Flibble 17 Feb 2013 20:36:03 1,653 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I would trust NT more than the team that made RE6.
  • bobdebob 17 Feb 2013 21:58:13 579 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ninja Theory's involvement clearly didn't help, but the low sales would've happened regardless of who was in charge. Capcom have been onto stinker after stinker recently, so there's no way I'd have trusted them to get it right internally, and with the exception of Platinum there's really no one obvious to hand it off too.
    I don't think there's a big audience for DMC anymore, even if it was made by Platinum. Bayonetta had mediocre to poor sales and that had to get a sequel from Nintendo.

Hopefully, the sales are better, when the actual numbers come in.
  • captainrentboy 17 Feb 2013 23:16:34 975 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished it earlier, thought it was friggin great. Last boss was a tad simple, and the whole 'activate 4 pillars' section screamed of "We've run out of ideas",but other than those small issues NT did a bang up job.
    I'd love to see what they could do with a sequel on next gen hardware, but it's looking bloody unlikely.
  • King_Edward 17 Feb 2013 23:30:40 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bayonetta did pretty well. Vanquish, MadWorld and Infinite Space were all total failures though. It's not surprising Platinum went when Sega had to start pulling projects and focusing on their big sellers.

God of War does well, and Nina Gaiden 2 was a biggish seller. It's a fussy audience, but it's there.

Edited by King_Edward at 23:31:04 17-02-2013
  • bobdebob 18 Feb 2013 02:55:28 579 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Bayonetta did pretty well. Vanquish, MadWorld and Infinite Space were all total failures though. It's not surprising Platinum went when Sega had to start pulling projects and focusing on their big sellers.

God of War does well, and Nina Gaiden 2 was a biggish seller. It's a fussy audience, but it's there.
    GoW is pretty unique, it has a decent plot drawing from Greek myth and ancient Greek fantasy films, good voice acting, old-school gameplay and immense scale and some good word of mouth. I seem to remember there being some good word of mouth for ng2 plus there was that decapitation thing, though sequel is not doing too well.
  • khaz 18 Feb 2013 04:22:17 2,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Its annoying that God of War sells well as it is, relatively speaking, utter shit on the scale of combat depth in this genre. The QTE spam, GAH! I do enjoy the spectacle though. Climbing the titan in GoW3 was good fun.

Edited by khaz at 04:47:49 18-02-2013
  • khaz 18 Feb 2013 04:36:12 2,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    And that's entirely down to the fact that prior to DmC, Ninja Theory made shit games
    No, not really
    Yes really. Especially when those games had awful combat systems and practically played themselves. Enslaved in particular. There is an audience for these more relaxed games but i'm not one of them. I practically froth at the mouth infact. :)

DmC style games only ever attract the more dedicated gamer crowd, hardly the traditional audience for Ninja Theory. This is a good game and deserves to sell but its not going to if you won't market it on its combat merits instead of the whole reboot this, reboot that, new look, reasons why its needed a reboot, blah blah blah. And the combative responsive of some of the press to gamers word of mouth to DmC has clearly not helped either.

Edited by khaz at 04:46:41 18-02-2013

Edited by khaz at 04:56:58 18-02-2013
  • bobdebob 18 Feb 2013 11:15:10 579 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    khaz wrote:
    Its annoying that God of War sells well as it is, relatively speaking, utter shit on the scale of combat depth in this genre. The QTE spam, GAH! I do enjoy the spectacle though. Climbing the titan in GoW3 was good fun.
    No, the combat depth in GoW is perfectly fine, not as complicated as DMC4, but similar to old-school beat em ups like Golden Axe and the QTEs weren't intrusive. It sells because of the whole package.

I don't think DmC was that affected by the DMC fanbase negativity, more by lack of interest and advertising since I don't remember anything other than some internet banners and no tv spot.
  • stagrobin 21 Feb 2013 07:56:46 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can Anyone please send save game of DMC 5 mission 7 i am stuck in mission 6 for some technical problems plz!!!!!!!!!!!!! and plz send me the save game location also ......................
  • stagrobin 21 Feb 2013 07:57:22 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Can Anyone please send save game of DMC 5 mission 7 i am stuck in mission 6 for some technical problems plz!!!!!!!!!!!!! and plz send me the save game location also ......................
  • Deckard1 21 Feb 2013 08:55:32 27,584 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Check your messages

Hush you ponce

• timetraveler 25 Feb 2013 07:57:51 61 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Personally - i like Dante's new look. DMC has also nice climate. Storyline seems to be interesting. I've played only a couple times, but I hope it won't change.
  • nickthegun 25 Feb 2013 09:11:22 59,341 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem Ninja Theory had, wrt his appearance, is that theres a good reason for it within the story but they couldnt really defend themselves as it would have led to massive spoilers.

Its an origin story of how dante became a badass, so he actually evolves through the story into the dante everyone has a boner over.

I thought it was quite clever but, obviously, reviews and dev previews cant say that as it would ruin the ending.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• shamblemonkee 25 Feb 2013 09:41:43 14,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished over the weekend and thought that on the whole this was great fun.

Particularly dante's attitude, the flippancy of him and the game in general.

I thought the bob Barbus fight was excellently realised.

Edited by shamblemonkee at 09:42:38 25-02-2013
  • kinky_mong 25 Feb 2013 10:22:17 10,100 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After a weekend of frustrations playing Metal Gear Rising it's made me appreciate this game even more.

• shamblemonkee 25 Feb 2013 11:32:58 14,296 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm quite looking forward to playing the Virgil DLC now.
  • Humperfunk 25 Feb 2013 11:41:06 2,072 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kinky_mong wrote:
    After a weekend of frustrations playing Metal Gear Rising it's made me appreciate this game even more.
    Got to agree with this, it's highlighted even more how good DmC is.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• King_Edward 25 Feb 2013 12:40:54 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MGR is better. :-P
  • kinky_mong 25 Feb 2013 12:44:00 10,100 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nah.

• Page

of 25 First / Last