Vote for me! (photo comp)

  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
  • henro_ben 19 Aug 2010 20:53:50 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Entered a couple of photos into a competition on Monday and forgot about them until now - it's public voting for the best one each week, so if anyone fancy's spending 30 seconds clicking on my images I'd be most grateful! You don't need to register or anything stupid like that...

    Images are:

    A Touch of Colour
    Highland Bridge
    Stormy Seas

    Ta muchly! And if anyone wants a go it's free entry and you can submit your photos here. Might even enter a couple more myself ;-)
  • morriss 19 Aug 2010 20:55:47 71,119 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Done.
  • Nth 19 Aug 2010 20:57:46 3,121 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    11. Subject to condition 12, below, by entering, all prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, submitted photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by members of the Lloyds Banking Group for five years from 30 September 2010.

    12. By entering, entrants confirm that they hold copyright to the submitted entries. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However, by entering, all entrants grant members of the Lloyds Banking Group a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, crop, re-size, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and marketing purposes. Such purposes will be restricted to publicity and marketing associated with this competition and future similar competitions and will, in all cases, make reference to the competition or future similar competitions. Submitted entries will not be used for publicity and marketing purposes on a standalone basis. This licence will last for five years from 30 September 2010. In exercising the rights granted by such licence, we will acknowledge that the photograph is the work of the entrant in all cases.
  • FWB 19 Aug 2010 20:58:53 44,832 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    All really nice, but the first one is my favourite. Really envy good photographers. I can't take pictures for shit.
  • PhoenixFlames 19 Aug 2010 20:59:58 9,179 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Done.

    PSN - phoenix1flames

  • mrpon 19 Aug 2010 21:10:10 29,183 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lovely photos, last one floats my boat.

    Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

  • chopsen 19 Aug 2010 21:14:40 16,125 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Blimey, they're a bit good.
  • BravoGolf Moderator 19 Aug 2010 21:15:41 12,746 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wow, I love Highland Bridge, amazing photo.
  • morriss 19 Aug 2010 21:18:44 71,119 posts
    Seen 29 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, they're awesome. Good luck.
  • Deleted user 19 August 2010 21:18:54
    Voted. Nice pics as always Henro.
  • henro_ben 19 Aug 2010 21:30:38 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nth wrote:
    11. Subject to condition 12, below, by entering, all prize winners agree to allow the free use of their names, submitted photographs and general locations for publicity and news purposes during this and future promotions by members of the Lloyds Banking Group for five years from 30 September 2010.

    12. By entering, entrants confirm that they hold copyright to the submitted entries. Entrants will retain copyright in their submitted entries. However, by entering, all entrants grant members of the Lloyds Banking Group a worldwide royalty-free perpetual licence to edit, crop, re-size, publish and use each entry in any and all media (including print and online) for publicity and marketing purposes. Such purposes will be restricted to publicity and marketing associated with this competition and future similar competitions and will, in all cases, make reference to the competition or future similar competitions. Submitted entries will not be used for publicity and marketing purposes on a standalone basis. This licence will last for five years from 30 September 2010. In exercising the rights granted by such licence, we will acknowledge that the photograph is the work of the entrant in all cases.

    Standard terms for every competition I've ever looked at, and a lot less restrictive than some I've seen - for a start they actually have a set time period. I take it you never enter competitions? The BBC are the worst - send them a picture and they can use it for anything, forever!

    Thanks all, much appreciated!
  • Deleted user 19 August 2010 21:32:06
    Cheers for that BBC info, had heard they were bad on another forum, just confirmed it for me, was thinking of entering the Country File comp.

    Won't bother now.
  • danathjo 19 Aug 2010 21:32:08 7,428 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    triple done, nice pics ;)
  • Nth 19 Aug 2010 21:32:31 3,121 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Never entered one no, I didn't realise they were this restrictive.
  • henro_ben 19 Aug 2010 21:36:05 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nth wrote:
    Never entered one no, I didn't realise they were this restrictive.

    They're usually shocking - which is why I enter so rarely. Quite often the worst ones also charge you for entry, just to really put the boot in!

    Basically it's a free comp and if you enter you're giving them a 5 year, non exclusive right to use your images to advertise the competition and any future competitions. Seems pretty reasonable, would only be an issue if your shots are also with a rights managed library like Getty or Corbis. Sadly non of mine are... ;-)
  • henro_ben 19 Aug 2010 21:43:08 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    prawnking wrote:
    Cheers for that BBC info, had heard they were bad on another forum, just confirmed it for me, was thinking of entering the Country File comp.

    Won't bother now.

    Double check the terms & conditions before you give up - is it via the magazine? I think they operate slightly differently to the main BBC.
  • Slint1000 20 Aug 2010 14:15:40 3,078 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Done done and done.

    Great shots Henro, good luck!
  • Deleted user 20 August 2010 14:18:42
    Chopsen wrote:
    Blimey, they're a bit good.

    This!

    Clicked, and good luck :)
  • bigshot316 20 Aug 2010 14:20:09 24,037 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Done!

    1 is awesome

    smoggo wrote:
    At weekends when my wife is away I like to wear her stockings and put Stickle bricks up my bottom whilst listening to Ke$ha songs.

  • henro_ben 20 Aug 2010 14:55:52 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thanks for the votes guys, much appreciated!
  • thehat 20 Aug 2010 15:02:26 1,833 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Voted. I especially like Highland Bridge.
  • Zerobob 20 Aug 2010 15:06:52 1,607 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yes I too love the Highland Bridge so I certainly don't mind voting for a fellow EG'er! That really is a fantastic shot. Gives me a certain 'feeling' of mood and environment.

    The other 2 seemed a little generic though....I hope you don't mind me saying :D All great quality photos though!! What camera do you use and did you do a lot of post processing in Photoshop et al? I want to get into photography.
  • billythekid 20 Aug 2010 15:17:44 11,195 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Driftwood \o/
  • S.J.Rogers 20 Aug 2010 15:22:11 3,557 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Done Henro...

    Oh, and i have that first one on the wall in my hallway.

    Hope you dont mind.
  • woodnotes 20 Aug 2010 15:22:36 4,935 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Highland Bridge is fantastic.

    I want to go there and soak it all in.

    Would make a perfect RPG setting methinks :)
  • KayJay 20 Aug 2010 15:26:57 5,289 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    henro_ben wrote:
    A Touch of Colour

    Have you got a Flickr link of this one?
    Bloody love it and I want it as my background.

    oh and voted :-)
  • henro_ben 20 Aug 2010 15:27:41 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm amazed that everyone seems to like the highland bridge shot, I've always been rather fond of it but other photographers have been quite dismissive of it in the past!

    @ZeroBox - all taken using a Canon 350D with either Cokin or Lee graduated neutral density filters. Fairly minimal post processing (contrast, leveling horizon etc.).
  • henro_ben 20 Aug 2010 15:34:29 2,220 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Where was Highland Bridge taken?

    Glencoe - that's the three sisters, or part of them anyway in the background.

    @kj66246 - Don't have any high res versions online as I sell art prints of these shots. Biggest version available online is here.
  • KayJay 20 Aug 2010 16:13:03 5,289 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    henro_ben wrote:
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Where was Highland Bridge taken?

    Glencoe - that's the three sisters, or part of them anyway in the background.

    @kj66246 - Don't have any high res versions online as I sell art prints of these shots. Biggest version available online is here.
    Aces.
    Looks great. :-)
  • Page

    of 2 First / Last

    Previous
Log in or register to reply