Infamous 2 Page 11

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Ahskay 19 Jun 2011 01:40:22 107 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Maybe the third game will start;

Faith gave me 2 choices, i control my own fate, i made a third!
  • Olemak 19 Jun 2011 08:32:28 23 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    At the very end of the good ending, where Zeke takes Cole's body on a boat to bury him at sea or something I suppose, the very last thing you see before the credits is... a lightning bolt! Lightning strikes! And we all know what happens when Cole is juiced up, and besides, the game has taught us that pretty much anything save the plague can be cured with the use of electricity. Plus - it worked for Jason, so why not for Cole? I'd say we'll see a third instalment if this one sells well.

@Hindle regarding the nature of the beast, for a while I thought that the Beast was really the ultimately evil Cole from the future who was so bad-ass he decided to go back in time and kill the good Cole and just kill everybody else, too. Or maybe Cole had to choose one world/reality that would live and one that had to be destroyed in order to prevent the annihilation of the entire time-space contiuum, which Kessler messed up when he travelled in time to another reality but how did he get his superpowers, and why are they not like COle's powers when they have the same genes and ARRRRRGH it DOES MY HEAD IN THINKING ABOUT THIS!
  • WinterSnowblind 19 Jun 2011 09:26:02 1,246 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Olemak
    Was just going to point that out. Felt very similar to X-men 2 were some of the mutants lost their powers, but at the end you see a hint that Magneto's are returning. Some people have been saying the lightning strike was just a "homage to Cole" but it's meaning was pretty clear.

Going to go back and platinum Uncharted 2 (which is long overdue) then I'll come back and do my evil playthrough here.

Really excellent game though, only really let down by the poor sound design and tacked on UGC stuff.
  • kentmonkey 19 Jun 2011 09:51:35 20,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Olemak wrote:
    @kentmonkey his name isn't Paul, it's John. John White. He was the NSA agent you collected all those dead drops from in the first game, and then met later on. He apparentely got himselfed by the Ray Sphere in the first game; ripped to atoms.... remember now?

There is one plot twist I can't quite twist my head around though... If Kessler is Cole from another future, who came to Cole's timeline to stop the beast... and helped make the Ray Sphere in order to make Cole strong enough to fight the beast... then wouldn't he know that it is the Ray Sphere which creates the beast? Wouldn't it be better to stop the development of the Ray Sphere? Or maybe that was impossibly, seeing as the Ray Sphere maybe would have been invented sooner or later anyway? Anyway, I can't quite make sense of it.

Anyway: brilliant game. Just started on my second playthrough (evil). Going for platinum on this one. The "Blast Shard Sense" power is going to help a lot.
    Thanks mate, that does help, yes. I could have sworn he said his name was Paul, and I just kept thinking "Paul who"?

It doesn't do a very good job of delivering the story for me. A story that could be genuinely quite interesting, which is a shame.

If anyone's interested, my review got published yesterday: Review
  • M83J01P97 19 Jun 2011 12:14:06 6,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Question about the ending for anyone who has played evil: Does Cole still die if you side with Ice Lady to help The Beast?
  • Progguitarist 19 Jun 2011 12:30:11 10,489 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Great review Kent. One of the things I loved about it was the fact that it was a very "gamey" experience if that makes any sense. Loads to do, loads to see and lots of fast action.
  • the_dudefather 19 Jun 2011 12:32:13 9,337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At the second island now, something in the setting is bothering me

Were do the monsters come from? They seem pretty commonplace by the time the game starts, did I miss something? I can't even remember if the first game had monsters aside from the other conduits.

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Progguitarist 19 Jun 2011 12:33:41 10,489 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    That will be revealed in due course dudefather :)
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 12:33:43
    the_dudefather wrote:
    At the second island now, something in the setting is bothering me

Were do the monsters come from? They seem pretty commonplace by the time the game starts, did I miss something? I can't even remember if the first game had monsters aside from the other conduits.

It explains it later in the game.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 12:35:22
    Although it still confused me as well. Am i right in thinking that when Bertrand sets of the ray sphere in the swamp thats when the monsters are created?
  • kentmonkey 19 Jun 2011 12:47:40 20,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    Great review Kent. One of the things I loved about it was the fact that it was a very "gamey" experience if that makes any sense. Loads to do, loads to see and lots of fast action.
    Thanks. Same here actually.

If there is an Infamous 3 I just wish they do the story more justice (in terms of the delivery, the story is fine). If they keep the quality of the game the same and learn how to deliver the story better, it'd pretty much be the perfect package for me. Well, if they implement city noise as well! :o)
  • M83J01P97 19 Jun 2011 13:18:46 6,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hindle wrote:
    Although it still confused me as well. Am i right in thinking that when Bertrand sets of the ray sphere in the swamp thats when the monsters are created?

No. Everyone gets killed, he just has the power to create the monsters, which he considers to be a curse rather than a gift.
  • the_dudefather 19 Jun 2011 13:20:18 9,337 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Progguitarist
    @Hindle

heh, just got the explanation in game, although it didn't feel like it supposed to be a mystery up to this point, like they had already explained it

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Olemak 19 Jun 2011 14:25:17 23 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I agree, the story is fine, it's just the presentation that is underwhelming. Even with the news reports and the updates on the Beast's progress, the game really fails at communication a sense of menace. Everybody seems to be going about with their busness, right? With their strange hats, driving around in their cars... but then in the final story mission it is suddenly revealed that it is indeed the end of the world! It's just - it didnt really feel like that up until then. I have to say that Red Dead Redemption felt a lot more apocalyptic, and that wasn't even a game about the end of the world. Or.... well, I guess it probably was, if you factor in Undead Nightmare... but I mean apart from the whole zombie scenario, it was still a more menacing game, with folks going serial killers and cannibals just for the hell of it.

Bertrand's grand scheme is just too bizarre to make any impact on me - I mean "destroy the world in order to save it?" I think I would have prefered it if he was just another power-mad ruler of the world wannabe, or maybe still working for the NSA (or a rogue agent) on a project to develop super soldiers and ensuring that the USofA stayed on top of the arms race in this brave, new world that has such creatures in it.

I loved the game, really I did. I'd give it a nine, it is one of my favourites this generation. It is indeed very "gamey", and when things get hectic the gameplay is really cool and immersive. I loved being chashed by helicopters in particular, and the Devourers, and the stealth mission was superb. Getting around, particularily when the improved static thrusters kick in, is awesome - best transportation system in any game, ever (barring perhaps Mirrors Edge, if you can handle it).

But the story could have been presented better...

What do you guys think about the graphics? I think this is one of the best looking games I've played on the PS3, including Uncharted 2. Great level of detail, apparently very high framerate, and smooth controls.
  • kentmonkey 19 Jun 2011 14:31:48 20,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graphics are great really. I was stood on the rooftop at Cole's/Zeke's "apartment" in the first city at night time and just took in the gorgeous neon lit sites. It was oddly serene actually, especially with the music that was playing at the time.

Animation has been improved as well, and some of the physics are really good.

But Nix, oh my god, what the fuck did they do to her? As I said in my review, she looks like an alien with babyoiled plasticine skin. Her character model is just all wrong.

Otherwise it does look great though, and an absolutely rock solid frame rate throughout.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 14:41:43
    Is there a faster way to get good karma? Im working torwards the full postive karma achievement and it's a really process of getting karma.
  • kentmonkey 19 Jun 2011 14:43:37 20,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    How far are you Hindle? I got full Karma by just over halfway through the game.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 14:48:11
    Ive finished the game, i started off as an evil but switched to good.
  • kentmonkey 19 Jun 2011 14:49:47 20,799 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah, right, that'll be why then.

I imported my Infamous profile so got a segment of the good karmic pie for doing that. Which was probably why I was quicker.
  • Deleted user 19 June 2011 14:57:57
    I'm enjoying this a lot (although not as much as the first) but there are a couple of minor things that I don't like - Cole's voice doesn't seem to fit and the music is nowhere near as good as in inFamous 1. Needs more Tobin.
  • M83J01P97 19 Jun 2011 15:03:22 6,674 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Blame Jason Cottle for not wanting to do the sequel. God knows why.
  • Olemak 19 Jun 2011 15:35:16 23 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think I read somewhere that they traded Cottle for the new guy because they wanted someone who could do both the motion capture and the voice. At least that is what they said, if memory serves.

Personally, I think the switch worked out very well; the original Cole was pretty gravelly and monotonous, while the new Cole had a sort of nervous, jittery energy that I think suited the character very well.
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2011 15:40:35 11,460 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I can barely hear any difference tbh.

Just done the first BIG fight. Awesome.
  • King_Edward 19 Jun 2011 15:45:49 11,460 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I also just footstomped a Helicopter. Seems it has more in common with Prototype than SP will admit.
  • ecu 20 Jun 2011 13:54:52 77,097 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Apparently there's no thread for the first game.

But anyway, it's a nice little game. Happy I got it for free, because it really feels like a PS2 game.
  • King_Edward 20 Jun 2011 15:34:24 11,460 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Another mysterious vanishing thread?
  • thedriffter50 20 Jun 2011 18:47:49 166 posts
    Seen 3 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Prototype > Infamous 1 and 2
  • ToonMonkey 20 Jun 2011 18:50:12 337 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Joey Deacon > thedriffter50
  • Deleted user 20 June 2011 19:14:40
    @thedrifter50

with a pointless comment like that its no suprise to see coolbritania is a close aquantence of yours.

of course prototype is better, 'cause you can get it on 360 right?
  • Olemak 20 Jun 2011 21:07:18 23 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just restarted on hard, went into the first blackout area. Triple turrets in every intersection, grenade spam, patrolling helicopters. Got to keep moving, but it's hard to shake the choppers. Got killed a lot.

I think I'll enjoy this second playthrough even more than the first one. Looking forward to the Devourers.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last