Guild Wars 2 Page 78

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• Tryhard 19 Mar 2014 10:16:46 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I stop playing after WvW Season 1 ended many months ago.That was a lot of fun.I popped back in for 5 minutes but didn't feel the urge to get sucked back in again as most of my gaming time is now devoted to Battlefield 4.

I think an expansion would do it though.Something to sink my teeth into rather than the Living Story updates.
  • WinterSnowblind 19 Mar 2014 15:13:36 1,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WvW Season 2 starts up at the end of the month, if you hadn't heard. Seems to be much better rewards this time too, including some pretty fancy looking unique weapon skins.
  • Tryhard 19 Mar 2014 15:24:31 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I guess there would be a season 2 with the success with season 1.All our major WvW guilds left Desolation for bigger and better zergs elsewhere.So we dropped down a division but still won.

Strange not seeing those great commanders anymore.But we pulled through,and had better 24/7 coverage than the other servers.Which felt a bit cheesy capping everything back on empty maps.
  • andytheadequate 19 Mar 2014 15:29:17 8,362 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I might load it up again, just for some jump puzzles. Love them.
    Which server you on? Currently about level 30 but could do with a few more people to play with...
  • RedSparrows 21 Mar 2014 09:40:12 24,248 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Desolation, I believe. Been a while. Am playing Wildstar this weekend but will fire up GW2 next week for more exploring. It's my favourite thing in the game.
  • WinterSnowblind 21 Mar 2014 10:01:39 1,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new trait system sounds pretty interesting: https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/traits-unleashed-forty-new-traits-and-more/

Basically, retraiting will now be free and now major trait skills will be unlocked through map completion, exploring certain areas other accomplishments like completing dungeons, events or bosses. They're adding 40 new grandmaster traits too.

Seems like a pretty big step towards fixing the lack of progression while leveling up and should give most players more things to aim towards, which sounds great. It really reminds me of how unlocking skills in GW1 worked.

There's another blogpost coming today detailing combat changes, so it'll be interesting to see if the actual combat skills are going to be changed up in a similar way.

Edited by WinterSnowblind at 11:16:59 21-03-2014
  • Orange 21 Mar 2014 11:15:44 4,896 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yes it does seem to be a return to skill capping which was one of the best things of GW1. They're also finally bringing out a pvp map with no conquest nodes. Not sure how the new traits will affect pvp balance, but anything is better than the current stale AI and condition focussed metagame.
  • Tryhard 21 Mar 2014 11:52:32 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Those new traits do look interesting.Wish they went in that direction sooner.But still at least they are going that way now.Certainly be interesting to revisit my characters and play around with new builds.
  • WinterSnowblind 26 Mar 2014 11:58:23 1,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    New wardrobe system:
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/introducing-the-wardrobe-system/

All weapon and armour skins you acquire will now be unlocked in a massive wardrobe tab, making it much easier to view different sets and allowing you to switch styles without the complexity of using transmutation stones.

There's still a cost attached to swapping skins, unfortunately, but I really didn't expect them to give up that source of revenue and all existing transmutation crystals will be converted into "charges" for switching skins and stones (which are fairly common ingame rewards) will be converted at a 3>1 rate.

I'm excited for this, if only because it opens up more player goals. Suddenly there's a reason to want to hunt down all the obscure unique skins available from karma vendors and crafting recipe's. Gemstore sets are no longer one shot items either.
  • Tryhard 2 Apr 2014 14:33:45 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wow! they are switching over to a mega server. Details here

I had a quick wander around the zones the other day on Desolation,and it was all but a graveyard.And Deso is supposed to be the most populated PVE EU server to.
  • andytheadequate 2 Apr 2014 15:25:28 8,362 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    That's good news! Can finally play with some of you guys who are on a different server. Currently level 36 I think
  • WinterSnowblind 2 Apr 2014 15:39:41 1,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    That's good news! Can finally play with some of you guys who are on a different server. Currently level 36 I think
    You could do that anyway through guesting, but yeah, this is a pretty logical change. There's just little reason to visit certain areas once you've finished your map completion, so grouping all of the players that are in those zones together, instead of spreading them out through different servers should really help things out.
  • andytheadequate 2 Apr 2014 16:13:42 8,362 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Servers will not rollback to that fortnight in August 2012
    Good input as always.

Didn't know that you could guest on another server, this is a much easier way of doing it as it sounds like an automatic process
  • Tryhard 8 Apr 2014 13:42:39 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    All this ESO talk and playing the FF realm Reborn beta on PS4 got me back playing WvW season 2 again on Desolation.Not as much as I did for Season 1. We only had 10-20 people on Jade Sea Borderlands at most last night. Sometimes Seafarers Rest would turn up with their 50 people and recap all our hard work.
  • Lamb 16 Apr 2014 20:29:32 475 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They nerfed loot again, and got rid of townclothes this company does not know how to make money anymore.
  • WinterSnowblind 23 Apr 2014 11:21:42 1,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lamb wrote:
    They nerfed loot again, and got rid of townclothes this company does not know how to make money anymore.
    Did anyone buy the town clothes though? I doubt they would have gotten rid of the system if it was a decent source of income for them. It only ever seemed to be used by a small group of RP players and while it sucks for them, the new system is better for the majority.

I've not noticed any differences with the loot either, other than the nerf to the champion train in Frostgorge.

My biggest problem with the patch is the megaservers. Great that they've got more people playing together now, but for those of us on less powerful machine, it means 10 minute load times and sub 30fps in certain areas. An option to choose servers, like in GW1 would be hugely helpful.

Edited by WinterSnowblind at 11:25:11 23-04-2014
  • Tryhard 23 Apr 2014 11:30:26 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have been hitting WvW hard again Season 2."For Deso!"

WvW Season 2 standings.
  • Orange 23 Apr 2014 12:08:13 4,896 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Deso only won silver league as they deliberately tanked their rating to fall into it, then promptly 'woke up' after.

The league system has been pretty crappily handled. This season they fucked up by giving free transfers only one week before it started, so everyone piled into places like Gandara but with not enough time for their rating to stabilise.
  • Tryhard 23 Apr 2014 12:21:35 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I was there for season 1,we lost 98% of our WvW guilds and their amazing commanders before it started.All we had were two main guilds and everyone else were PvE players getting the WvW achievements.

The only reason we won was because we had solid night coverage.
  • Wavey 23 Apr 2014 13:40:46 430 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Most town clothes can not be worn in combat so not gotten rid of. Also some have been turned into potions which is a very strange thing to do. You cannot dye them either, you just "transform" into the outfit...
  • Exceptional_leg 30 Jun 2014 10:07:51 147 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Well hopped on over the weekend and from what I can tell class balance wise:

- Ranger is still an abortion that just doesn't work.

- Mesmer is so bugged now that nobody wants to play it.

- Warrior was buffed so much that nobody wants to play anything else.

- Success in WvW/sPvP still revolves around the Guardian class and how many you have.

- Thief was given a base functionality buff that allows it to dominate over many of the classes in sPvP (Mesmer especially).

- Necromancer, Engineer and Elementalist appear to be working as intended...mostly (so probably not).

Edited by Exceptional_leg at 18:14:24 30-06-2014
  • hypoBla5t 16 Aug 2014 07:51:49 1,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just getting seriously back into this, so addictive. One more fractal and I'll have done the monthly in 4 days. Bought an extra character slot so I have one of each class except Ranger and Engineer.

Loving it.

Oh, as an aside, once you have a character that's a year or more old, you get a free boost to level 20 for any of your characters. Useful for starting an alt and avoiding the starter areas for the millionth time.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 16 Aug 2014 08:53:19 1,378 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @hypoBla5t

How do you boost a character, I can't find any option to do that?

I have several characters that are about 18 months old.
  • Tryhard 16 Aug 2014 09:26:53 4,296 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I am still playing this since release. Didn't see a reason to move on,
    mainly because I enjoy WvWvW so much,even though it doesn't get much love from the dev's. 20-30k player kills and counting.
  • hypoBla5t 16 Aug 2014 10:41:28 1,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy

It might not be the same for all as I've been playing since launch, but I received a mail message that said 'happy first birthday' to my year old characters, when I opened it it had 2/3 items in there and one was an account-bound boost to level 20. Check your older toons?
  • Furtive_Pygmy 16 Aug 2014 11:05:10 1,378 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    Yeah I found it earlier, it appears you can only use it on the character that it is gifted too as you can't send items to yourself/other characters. Pretty useless really as I have one character that is level 18 from over a year ago, whoop-de-do I can now boost it up two levels.
  • WinterSnowblind 17 Aug 2014 14:52:48 1,250 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Furtive_Pygmy You only get them as the gift for the one year birthday, but they're account bound and can be used by any of your characters (below level 20). They're pretty useful if you like making alts, since they let you go through those starting areas much quicker than you can otherwise.

I'm hoping we get some better stuff for the 2nd year birthdays next week though. I don't need 12 duplicates of the same minipet again.
  • hypoBla5t 17 Aug 2014 17:25:13 1,574 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Word to the wise - any items you put in your bank can be accessed by all characters, so use the boost to level an alt.

PvP in this is the sex, forgot how good it is.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last