Guild Wars 2 Page 76

• Page

of 78 First / Last

• RedSparrows 8 Jun 2013 19:36:03 20,760 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I had a lockup the other night - but also on L4D2, so not sure.
  • Tryhard 8 Jun 2013 23:52:51 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have a below average pc and have never had a problem with GW2 not even when my Lichis up to his neck in trouble in WvW.
  • onestepfromlost 9 Jun 2013 03:25:01 1,966 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im pondering on coming back to this but I missed the free server hop so im buggered to play with EG folks, what server are you all on nowadays?
  • Tryhard 9 Jun 2013 07:25:29 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I am on Desolation now.
  • hypoBla5t 9 Jun 2013 07:41:59 1,267 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Generally I'd recommend Desolation, I'm not playing ATM but pop there is high and there are plenty of big guilds.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Jun 2013 08:39:06 36,285 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm still on Gunnar's hold because I missed the free transfer as well, and it would cost 20 quid to move.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• THFourteen 9 Jun 2013 08:57:49 31,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm on desolation.

Joined another guild because the EG one is eerily quiet.

Oh I haven't had any crashes or lockups on either my PC or laptop btw joe
  • Sharzam 9 Jun 2013 16:21:20 2,118 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Recently been tempted back to MMO Land after the diaster of Marvel Heroes, played a bit of WoW as got 7 days free. Then thought sod it i will re install how is GW2 doing these days?

I got my Thief to level cap and got bored last time so guess will level a new toon. Or has the high level stuff got more depth ?If my memory serves me correctly iam on Gunnars Hold.

Edited by Sharzam at 16:22:44 09-06-2013

Known as 'Sharzam' in 98.5% of games

• JoeBlade 9 Jun 2013 16:53:39 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Sharzam There's quite a bit of high-level content in GW2 now.

Dungeons, Fractals, Dragons and other daily events, WvW and PvP all have either gained depth and content or have been revamped quite substantially (WvW is no longer a money drain to name just one example)

That said, the EG guild is as dead as a roadside badger.
    Also, there are numerous free to play MMO's (or at least multiplayer games) nowadays. If you're looking for something new there's nothing stopping you from giving those a go.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 9 Jun 2013 17:01:34 36,285 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm playing Star Trek Online as well. Nearly hit the level cap and I haven't had to spend a penny.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Sharzam 9 Jun 2013 18:23:25 2,118 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Ah forgot about STO, generally ignore F2P games as well their not free. Yeah just logged onto GW2 and not as busy as launch (no surprise) but still a remarkably friendly place which is surprising.

• Tryhard 9 Jun 2013 18:45:27 3,485 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    You want to take your thief into WvW they are deadly picking off single targets going invisible and then backstabbing.I have gone up against two good thieves with 4 random allies and have been the only one left standing surrounded by corpses.
  • JoeBlade 9 Jun 2013 19:16:23 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    Ah forgot about STO, generally ignore F2P games as well their not free. Yeah just logged onto GW2 and not as busy as launch (no surprise) but still a remarkably friendly place which is surprising.
    That's not true anymore nowadays, many FTP games are really free to play with only sidegrade or cosmetic purchasable "upgrades".

And GW2 fluctuates quite substantially as far as player numbers are concerned.
    Whenever anything noteworthy happens - typically new content - there tends to be a very noticable surge in the number of players. Don't write it off just quite yet, far from it.
  • Sharzam 9 Jun 2013 20:03:31 2,118 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @JoeBlade

You miss understand me, it was not a criticism merely an opservation regarding population. As i said still friendly :)

• JoeBlade 9 Jun 2013 20:31:28 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sharzam wrote:
    @JoeBlade

You miss understand me, it was not a criticism merely an opservation regarding population. As i said still friendly :)
    Ho hum, it's probably me who needs to apologise in this case as I genuinely wanted to be factual, nothing else. Apparently my wording was very poor or at least very confrontational and that was entirely unintentional :s
  • THFourteen 13 Jun 2013 08:51:40 31,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Woohoo i got a minature pet thingummy in the latest patch.

Level 26 Ranger now. Quite enjoying this game, love the environments and the vistas and stuff, so much better than any other MMO i've played, and much prettier that even Skyrim IMO. Doesn't touch the Witcher 2 though.

Wish i'd kinda played this back in the day though, it can be a lonely experience levelling. In a nice guild which has a bit of conversation going so thats good.

met a guy yesterday trying to do a jumping puzzle he said i was the only person in two hours who stopped to talk to him lol.
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Jun 2013 09:35:49 35,172 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Uh, so I got several emails just now that someone tried to log into my account from somewhere in China, and I should immediately change my password if it wasn't me.

Frankly, I have no idea what my password was, nor is my serial code anywhere near me, but I need both the serial number and a character name (no idea anymore) to reset my password.

Idiots. Why the fuck do I need *more* than my email address to reset the pw?
  • THFourteen 13 Jun 2013 09:38:24 31,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    er i get those emails all the time are you sure its not fishing?
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Jun 2013 09:40:43 35,172 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I am pretty sure it's a legit email from arenanet, yes.

They have been hacked a few months ago, and thousands of passwords were compromised, so I guess I am one of them.

Edited by UncleLou at 09:41:44 13-06-2013
  • graysonavich 13 Jun 2013 09:41:56 6,805 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    "fishing" heh
  • UncleLou Moderator 13 Jun 2013 10:43:58 35,172 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So now I've found an option to get my password reset without the need for a serial number etc., only the email I should get sent is nowhere to be seen.

Is it possible that Arenanet are a bit a bunch of amateurs when it comes to such matters? I've had similar before with Blizzard and Sony, but the support has always been simple and efficient.
  • JoeBlade 13 Jun 2013 18:20:58 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    UncleLou wrote:
    So now I've found an option to get my password reset without the need for a serial number etc., only the email I should get sent is nowhere to be seen.

Is it possible that Arenanet are a bit a bunch of amateurs when it comes to such matters? I've had similar before with Blizzard and Sony, but the support has always been simple and efficient.
    I've had a similar problem Lou, the forgot password option consistently led to a page with only an error message back when I needed it. I sent an e-mail to the Arenanet support address and I was sorted within 24 hrs, so I suggest doing just that.

I genuinely think it's deliberate, to make sure you have to identify yourself with at least an e-mail address in order to use the feature (account theft being so common in MMO's) while keeping semblance of a decent site.
  • spamdangled 5 Jul 2013 19:03:44 27,197 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What server is the EG guild on?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• dunny 5 Jul 2013 20:51:39 418 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @darkmorgado

I've seen Desolation mentioned on this forum so that is the one I chose yesterday. No idea if they are active on it but plenty of players generally speaking.

Great game!
  • INSOMANiAC 25 Jul 2013 20:24:05 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Im on desolation as it happens, got the game yesterday, played many hours so far, up to level 12 but I've done all the heart mission things and I cant seem to find anywhere to level up to do the next mission in the single player story which is level 16, did a level 15 one at lvl 11 and it took me an age.

Need help to progress!

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• JoeBlade 26 Jul 2013 07:02:56 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Go to the starting zone of another race. If you do all five of them you can easily get up to level 30+. Find your way to your own capital, Asura gate your way to Lion's Arch and voila, the whole world opens up for you.
    And in general: random events are a great way of earning experience.

Note that your personal quests don't take your level into account at all. So yes, they will outlevel you if you focus on them.
  • JoeBlade 26 Jul 2013 07:04:26 2,413 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Oh and give a shout if you need help with anything. I'm multi-guilding and not representing EG right now but I'll happily help out anyone in any of my guilds :)
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2013 07:22:32 31,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I still play, feel frew to add me as a friend! Will post my id later although its somewhere in this thread
  • INSOMANiAC 26 Jul 2013 13:16:33 3,788 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @JoeBlade Thanks I did a load of random events last night, including one of those behemoth creatures, up to level 15 now. I've been to liopns arch and had a look around but its a maze out there! Where do I find the starting zone of other races?

Anyway, my name is

Garimaniac and I'm on desolation if anyone wants to add me

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 13:22:03 26-07-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• RedSparrows 26 Jul 2013 13:22:29 20,760 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Portals from Lion's Arch lead to the cities of each of the races.

I've not been playing as much of this recently, but whenever I do, I enter a new zone and am struck by just how gorgeous the world is. It's an explorer's dream, and that's my favourite thing about it.
  • Page

of 78 First / Last