Guild Wars 2 Page 66

• Page

of 79 First / Last

• TipTop 14 Oct 2012 09:40:52 737 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Would love to add to the EG numbers. Can I have an invite? Name= Virgilhilts

8/10. Better than ...

• sanctusmortis 17 Oct 2012 23:28:01 9,627 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okay, being Asura Elementalist is getting old. Bit tired of constantly being downed doing story (l67). What's the better spec for someone who wants to spend more time actually up and healthy killing things: warrior or ranger?
  • Lamb 18 Oct 2012 00:05:54 474 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @sanctusmortis

According to the official forums, guardian or warrior. But I like my human ranger and made my charr a warrior.
  • hypoBla5t 18 Oct 2012 08:18:52 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Don't forget that the story missions are mostly bullshit hard; they certainly are for me and I tend to avoid them until I've got at least a 3-5 level bumper between me and the target level. As a Sylvari Mesmer I'm equally as squishy as you so I know how you feel. Plus, you can always take someone else with you if it gets too rough.

So close to level 80 now I can almost touch it, level 71 and hoping to push on for the level cap at the weekend so I can get some SPvP going. Wouldn't mind levelling my Asura Guardian alt up a bit through the Hallowe'en event, it looks pretty cool.

By the way, is it just me or do Asura have an increased movement speed compared to other races?
  • Tryhard 18 Oct 2012 10:07:35 3,847 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think my Charr Engineer has handled things better than my Slyvari Guardian to be honest.And has been more fun with all the different skills he can get.

As to story missions I do them as soon as I am at that level.As the items you get are not a waste.Some story missions you will die first time as you are swarmed by Risen.But repair your armour go back in knowing what is coming.
  • andytheadequate 18 Oct 2012 14:11:20 8,111 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm looking at buying a PC in the next week or so and fancy an MMORPG. Never really played one before and tempted by this and EVE. Is it easy to get into? EVE looks brilliant but it sounds very daunting...
  • shamblemonkee 18 Oct 2012 14:15:37 14,296 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How much time are you able to put in?

GW2 is pretty much drop in , drop out.

EVE however really only shines when you're in an active corp (guild) and able to devote entire evenings to PvPing (unless you wer planning on mining and/or PvE (to play EVE and only PVE though is to totally miss all the good bits about it)
  • sanctusmortis 18 Oct 2012 14:16:08 9,627 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is as easy an MMO to get into as I've known, and I've solo'd 90% of it so it's not reliant on a group either, despite the name.
  • andytheadequate 18 Oct 2012 14:22:22 8,111 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @shamblemonkee - probably best not to play EVE then. I'm afraid I would easily slip and become a hermit...

How active is the EG group on this? If I did get it would I be playing on my own?
  • Tryhard 18 Oct 2012 14:34:17 3,847 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I have dabbled in other MMO's free trials.Mainly a console player now with a decent enough pc to get back into pc gaming.And this was a dream to get stuck into the genre,as it does not bog you down with too much.

I would say it is more like an RPG MMO where you can join in with anyone at anytime in the events taking place around you.

EG Guild is pretty dead as far as organisation.There are 10 or so EG Guild members on regularly.

Unless you get someone to party with you,you will be alone.But in this game you can join up with anything that is going on.Help anyone killing anything,as you will both be rewarded equally,unless it is an event you joined late,and you only get a bronze.But sometimes I have been in the event area,done nothing and cheesed a gold award.

There is also the Halloween event starting on the Oct 22nd.
  • brokenkey 18 Oct 2012 14:58:41 6,975 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rodpad, would you like to hand over guild control to someone else? Or at least stick some more guild storage in the build queue?

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• JoeBlade 18 Oct 2012 17:22:05 2,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    brokenkey wrote:
    Rodpad, would you like to hand over guild control to someone else? Or at least stick some more guild storage in the build queue?
    I don't think we need new leadership, more like an entire new roster :(

I wonder whether other guilds face the same issue, i.e. a huge influx of players at launch and a considerable activity drop after a month of so.
  • hypoBla5t 18 Oct 2012 20:07:13 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Any tips for getting to level 80 from 70? No hearts is a bit gash. Someone told me to go and farm events in Orr but having trouble wading through the swarms of Risen in the Straits of Desolation to get there. Any tips?
  • JoeBlade 18 Oct 2012 20:20:07 2,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Any tips for getting to level 80 from 70? No hearts is a bit gash. Someone told me to go and farm events in Orr but having trouble wading through the swarms of Risen in the Straits of Desolation to get there. Any tips?
    Dungeoneer, WvW, craft and complete your personal storyline until you're 80 and have relatively decent gear.
    Orr and anything leading up to it is just painful until then, except when you're in a good balanced group.

Note GW2 generally has excellent PUGs so you're not bound to a guild or tight schedules to get a good group going, whatever for.
  • Tryhard 18 Oct 2012 20:25:45 3,847 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Desolation is the worst zone,you just have to grind through it till you move on to the next zone.I pretty much did it with story mode and events.

WvWvW+ story is a fastrack to 80 or was.If you are in zerg's capturing fortresses etc.
  • brokenkey 19 Oct 2012 13:36:22 6,975 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @rodpad yeah, happy to hold it for a while. I'm enjoying the trading so can't see me going anywhere else in the near future.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• MrTomFTW Moderator 19 Oct 2012 14:09:44 37,664 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So if I'm trying to level up my character for story quests, is it just a matter of wandering around looking for events.

As I'm using leatherworking and tailor for skills, is there anything like tree felling I can do out in the world for materials?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Tryhard 19 Oct 2012 14:16:18 3,847 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wood,Ore and Herbs can be gathered out in the world.

More news on Halloween Event

Just started up a Ranger pretty fun.
  • hypoBla5t 20 Oct 2012 10:18:05 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Can't believe it took me until level 73 to try WvWvW and TPvP properly. Absolutely awesome.
  • Orange 20 Oct 2012 10:56:51 4,713 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    You don't have to farm or grind anything to get to 80. What you want to do is map complete zones (or at least as much as feasible to your level), which with the zones in the south without hearts just means exploring. Not only is this great xp once you 100% each one you get rewards worth around 3 gold. It's also worth doing it for the 60-70 zones but not essential at all. You also want to move between Straits of Devastation and Frostgorge in the north, which is a 70-80 zone with hearts (and also well worth map completing for the reward).

Personal story also nets more than enough xp to hit 80 long before the last Orr zone, although it mainly only leads you through the southern zones and not Frostgorge. If you add crafting or a bit of WvW in there, then you'll be 80 ridiculously fast.
  • hypoBla5t 20 Oct 2012 12:44:16 1,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Have been following all your tips, thanks Gents. I'm sessioning WvWvW and having a ball to be honest, it's not always great but racking up plenty of cash to boot so no complaints. Was almost 72 yesterday and now I'm almost 77 today so plenty of progress being made.

One more question: I'm gonna pick up some rare armour from the AH once I hit 80 to beef myself up a bit, would you guys recommend the armours that already have runes attached or the ones that I can socket my own gems or runes into? The latter seems to make more sense to me in terms of pure stat gain.

Bah, one more actually, can anyone recommend a good site for builds? That GW2 builds beta seems a bit out of date.
  • JoeBlade 20 Oct 2012 15:27:00 2,510 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hypoBla5t wrote:
    Bah, one more actually, can anyone recommend a good site for builds? That GW2 builds beta seems a bit out of date.
    I generally do so simply based in the GW2 wiki (on the official Arenanet site), I look up trait, skill, stat and gear effects there and mix and match as I see fit.
    Thing is builds are extremely circumstantial in GW2: depends whether you're aiming for PvE, PvP or WvW; solo, small group or large group; close, medium or long range, etc etc etc. And personal playstyle is obviously an important factor too.

On my main (necro) for example I devised a very good build for WvW in a medium to large group with staff weapons. It's useless in other situations though and I can imagine other players might not get along with it at all.
  • RMXtreme 20 Oct 2012 18:20:40 3,145 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I use this site for builds, best I've found so far.

Still haven't bothered to pick up lvl 80 gear, but from my understanding you're better of skipping Rare, sticking with Masterwork, and going straight for Exotic.

Looked it up, Masterwork is 135% from Basic and Rare is only 145%, whereas Exotic is 165%.
  • Tryhard 22 Oct 2012 14:49:00 3,847 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    For anyone interested the Halloween event won't kick of for EU server till after midnight probably 1am GMT.

Preview
  • Orange 22 Oct 2012 17:54:16 4,713 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RMXtreme wrote:
    Still haven't bothered to pick up lvl 80 gear, but from my understanding you're better of skipping Rare, sticking with Masterwork, and going straight for Exotic.
    Actually some rare gear is worth getting, as it's priced the same as ectos you can salvage from it. So if you have a decent salvage kit can be worth it for cheap testing (i.e. + vitality or +toughness) before you splash out on exotic set.
  • onestepfromlost 22 Oct 2012 17:56:22 2,043 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    rodpad wrote:
    brokenkey wrote:
    @rodpad yeah, happy to hold it for a while. I'm enjoying the trading so can't see me going anywhere else in the near future.
    Any idea how I go about doing that?
    i think you can promote him to leader, not sure of the specifics though.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last