Nintendo 3DS Page 358

  • Page

    of 371 First / Last

  • prawnking1980 24 Apr 2014 19:06:08 5,033 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Probably a stupid question, but one I have never need ask before, and it is Nintendo.

    Recently started downloading games which I have never done before, if I wanted a bigger SD card in the 3ds is it simply a case of copying files from one to another from my PC?
  • CompetitiveDad 24 Apr 2014 19:30:55 2,728 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Can anyone recommend any downloadable titles other than Pullblox please?
  • zoolophage 24 Apr 2014 19:44:00 2,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    On my 3ds right now I have (not at all 3ds games, mind):

    Super Hang On (bike racing)
    Picopict (puzzle game)
    Zelda Link's Awakening (GBA)
    Sujin Taisen Number Battles (a board based strategy game)
    Harvest Moon A New Beginning
    Mighty Switch Force!
    Kubos (puzzle game)
    Donkey Kong (Gameboy)
    Mega Man (Virtual Console - very difficult)
    Starship Patrol (tower defence)
    Glow Artisan (puzzle)
    Weapon Shop de Omasse
    Mario and Donkey Kong Minis on the Move
    Mr Driller Drill Till You Drop
    Virtue's Last Reward
    Mario vs Donkey Kong Minis March Again!
    Aquite
    TwinBee (3d classics - shooter)
    Pokemon Link Battle
    Nintendo Pocket Football

    3DS: 2019-9957-3472

  • Murbs 24 Apr 2014 19:47:23 22,527 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    VVVVVV
    Super Little Acorns 3D Turbo
    Mutant Mudds
  • Short-Round 24 Apr 2014 19:50:46 1,181 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Attack of the Friday Monsters is great, and also the new download only Ace Attorney.
  • CompetitiveDad 24 Apr 2014 19:52:19 2,728 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks people, will check them out when I get home :)
  • mal 24 Apr 2014 20:03:11 22,795 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    Can anyone recommend any downloadable titles other than Pullblox please?
    Fallblox.

    :D

    Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

  • Duffking 24 Apr 2014 20:11:56 7,484 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mutant Mudds is a cunt of a game.
  • Raiko101 24 Apr 2014 22:34:29 6,619 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Retro City Rampage. Crimson Shroud, Attack of the Friday Monsters, Art of Balance, any of the Picross games, Resident Evil: The Mercenaries, VVVVVV, Mighty Switch Force Mutant Mudds, Dillons Rolling Western, any of the Sega 3D classics. I'm sure there are plenty more. My 3DS is chic-a-bloc with e Shop stuff.

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • CompetitiveDad 25 Apr 2014 09:19:45 2,728 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Thanks everyone. Much appreciated.

    Just tried the YouTube app for the first time, is the quality poor for everyone else?

    Really disappointed with it.
  • zoolophage 25 Apr 2014 09:31:40 2,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yes, the youtube app is a waste of space.

    3DS: 2019-9957-3472

  • ryohazuki1983 25 Apr 2014 09:48:35 737 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm looking to purchase a Japanese 3DS but have the following questions:

    Will download play work across regions? Currently I've got 3 3DS consoles and like to play games with my kids (mario kart etc) So wondering if I can boot up a japanese game then play it on PAL machines via download play, or the other way, e.g. boot up MK7 on PAL and connect to the game via Japanese 3ds.

    Will I be able to use my UK debit card on the Japanese eShop?

    Just wanting to play the games that are not coming out over here and play some games earlier.

    Cheers!
  • Raiko101 25 Apr 2014 09:50:15 6,619 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @CompetitiveDad I find it works rather well if you place the 3DS on a stand, then take a few steps back out of the room and stare at it with you're eyes squinted. It makes for the most hardcore YouTube experience, ever!

    3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

  • uiruki 25 Apr 2014 10:22:34 3,726 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @ryohazuki1983 you can use your card, no problem. I use my credit card on the Japanese store all the time. Don't know about download play.
  • CompetitiveDad 25 Apr 2014 10:26:57 2,728 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    @CompetitiveDad I find it works rather well if you place the 3DS on a stand, then take a few steps back out of the room and stare at it with you're eyes squinted. It makes for the most hardcore YouTube experience, ever!
    :D
  • YenRug 25 Apr 2014 14:30:54 2,395 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    http://www.shopto.net/microsite/happy_hour

    Professor Layton vs Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney 3DS - £24.85

    Tales of The Abyss 3DS - £12.85

    Just under 2.5 hours left to buy, at time of posting.
  • YenRug 25 Apr 2014 14:33:45 2,395 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Probably a stupid question, but one I have never need ask before, and it is Nintendo.

    Recently started downloading games which I have never done before, if I wanted a bigger SD card in the 3ds is it simply a case of copying files from one to another from my PC?
    Yes, just make sure you copy the entire directory structure from one card to the other; don't go digging down and copying individual files, the folder structure and naming appears to be part of the licensing/encryption setup.
  • YenRug 25 Apr 2014 14:39:54 2,395 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ryohazuki1983 wrote:
    I'm looking to purchase a Japanese 3DS but have the following questions:

    Will download play work across regions? Currently I've got 3 3DS consoles and like to play games with my kids (mario kart etc) So wondering if I can boot up a japanese game then play it on PAL machines via download play, or the other way, e.g. boot up MK7 on PAL and connect to the game via Japanese 3ds.

    Will I be able to use my UK debit card on the Japanese eShop?

    Just wanting to play the games that are not coming out over here and play some games earlier.

    Cheers!
    Looks like download play is/was region locked, too:

    http://www.siliconera.com/2011/09/02/nintendo-3ds-download-play-is-region-locked-for-3ds-games/
  • MatMan562 26 Apr 2014 16:02:27 2,554 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    My Animal Crossing data has survived! So, in case anyone needs to know in the future, deleting a downloaded version of Animal Crossing and then backing up the data will be fine!

    On a related note, I now have about 255,000 blocks to spare, think I might start filling it up on Friday with Mario Golf.

    XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

  • One_Vurfed_Gwrx 26 Apr 2014 17:55:14 633 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    Can anyone recommend any downloadable titles other than Pullblox please?
    Attack of the Friday Monsters thirded ;) Also, if you are into that sort of thing I enjoyed the Sega 3D Arcade Classics (I got Space Harrier and Galaxy Force) with Outrun and Afterburner amongst others on the way. Rest of my games are Crimson Shroud (barely played) and Liberation Maiden (grabbed in a Guild 01/02 sale). Phoenix Wright is on my "want list" though.
  • prawnking1980 27 Apr 2014 20:08:11 5,033 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    YenRug wrote:
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Probably a stupid question, but one I have never need ask before, and it is Nintendo.

    Recently started downloading games which I have never done before, if I wanted a bigger SD card in the 3ds is it simply a case of copying files from one to another from my PC?
    Yes, just make sure you copy the entire directory structure from one card to the other; don't go digging down and copying individual files, the folder structure and naming appears to be part of the licensing/encryption setup.
    Wasn't quite that straight forward in the end, but got there in the end, nice 16gb card in there now.
  • msm2000 1 May 2014 11:37:13 174 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    YenRug wrote:
    cheeky_prawnking wrote:
    Probably a stupid question, but one I have never need ask before, and it is Nintendo.

    Recently started downloading games which I have never done before, if I wanted a bigger SD card in the 3ds is it simply a case of copying files from one to another from my PC?
    Yes, just make sure you copy the entire directory structure from one card to the other; don't go digging down and copying individual files, the folder structure and naming appears to be part of the licensing/encryption setup.
    Wasn't quite that straight forward in the end, but got there in the end, nice 16gb card in there now.
    Could you elaborate a bit on this please? I'll be needing to upgrade my sd card before Friday's downloading of golf.
  • Cadence 1 May 2014 11:43:38 1,695 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's really very easy. Stick sd card from 3DS into computer. Transfer contents to computer. Stick new empty sd card into computer, transfer previously copied stuff on to it. Put it in your 3DS.

    Edited by Cadence at 11:44:29 01-05-2014
  • msm2000 1 May 2014 11:52:11 174 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Thanks. Thought it should be pretty easy to do.
  • Cadence 1 May 2014 12:03:02 1,695 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    No probs. PM if you get stuck, but I doubt you will.
  • Duffking 1 May 2014 14:40:19 7,484 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What time does the eShop normally update? I want to play Cave Story ;_;

    Edit: Hah, I check again and there it is!

    Edited by DUFFKING at 14:41:31 01-05-2014
  • zoolophage 1 May 2014 14:48:42 2,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    What are the eshop releases today? Can't check myself as I'm working hard today (except for checking forums now and again).

    3DS: 2019-9957-3472

  • Duffking 1 May 2014 15:04:00 7,484 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Cave Story on the eShop, Galaga on VC.
  • zoolophage 1 May 2014 15:07:59 2,046 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nice. Might get Galaga as I already have CS.

    3DS: 2019-9957-3472

  • prawnking1980 1 May 2014 15:18:21 5,033 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @msm2000 If you are copying from one memory card to another and it is the first time it probably is as straight forward as mentioned.

    The problem I had was that I got a 3DS XL a couple of weeks ago, did a system transfer from the old model to the new one and copied over the data to the new memory card like the method mentioned.

    Since then I had downloaded Zelda and Pocket Club football so with Friday in mind like you decided I needed a bigger memory card.

    Copied over the data from one to the other when I put it in the 3DS no Zelda or Pocket Club football, but demos of games I had long since deleted.

    I googled the problem and eventually found an answer, when you go into the 3DS file structure there is a folder with a string of numbers and letters, and within that other folders similarly named. You should only have one so shouldn’t have any problems I now had 3 one for the original 3DS, one for the XL and one for the new memory card!

    The data it was using was from the original 3DS and not the data from since I changed machines, so it was a case of copying data from the folder with the largest amount of data held to the newly created folder so it replicated the most up to date image.

    Hope that makes sense

    Edited by cheeky_prawnking at 15:18:45 01-05-2014
  • Page

    of 371 First / Last

Log in or register to reply