Renting Games from LoveFilm Page 2

• Page

of 7 First / Last

• jellyhead 3 Jun 2010 22:31:02 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LoveFILM? Damn, i went to LoveQUIM and there's something fishy about them for sure. buncha Cu...

This signature intentionally left blank.

• secombe 3 Jun 2010 23:51:09 1,328 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    tenofspades wrote:just don't do film and game rentals- as they will send you films as first priority.

Multiple lists solves that problem, you can allocate how many discs apply to a list. I have a Game list and a BluRay list, the BD list has two discs allocated, the game list has one. Therefore I will always have one game and two films (i.e. when I return a game I will be sent another game)

• Shikasama 4 Jun 2010 02:50:16 6,843 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I started a trial this week for the UFC Undisputed 2010 game and received it the monday after its friday release. Looks like something a bit dodge happens between trialists and subscribers. Good to know.
  • Pastici 4 Jun 2010 04:23:11 450 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I've had a friend thats been using it for about 2 years, he's had no problems what so ever. Maybe you guys are just being fussy on what games you want? I htink my mate has abour 3-4 games on his list and he gets them fine. I've only tried a trial myself that that was pretty good, got a summer of free games!
  • grouch666 4 Jun 2010 05:06:02 30 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They are rubbish I had a list of ten 2009/2010 games .I have never played haze though I thought why not add it for when the high priority games i have finished with are back I can have the lowest priority games cancelled after that
  • Collymilad 4 Jun 2010 15:43:42 1,266 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They have been not had in my experience. Although sometimes they send you out a load of the lowest games on your list over quite a long period of time.

I heard that trial accounts get priority, dunno if it's true. Extremely annoying if so however.
  • PazJohnMitch 4 Jun 2010 16:21:47 8,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Collymilad wrote:
    They have been not had in my experience. Although sometimes they send you out a load of the lowest games on your list over quite a long period of time.

I heard that trial accounts get priority, dunno if it's true. Extremely annoying if so however.

Just set up a trial so heres hoping I get RDR and Alan Wake tomorrow. It will be my first experience of online renting.

A friend of mine has been a member for years and has still not got a lot of his top priority games. Another is on his 8th free trial and on the last one got Uncharted 2 and GTA: Liberty City stories straight away at the same time. (Not bad when you consider both had only been out a week or two at the time. He also got Bayonetta before it was released).
  • Shikasama 4 Jun 2010 16:35:51 6,843 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Could you not improve your chances by just putting everything at high priority? Or does it not let you do that?
  • Linsk26 9 Jun 2010 11:02:27 1 posts
    Seen 4 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    tenofspades wrote:
    always found lovefilm quite good for game rentals- just don't do film and game rentals- as they will send you films as first priority. Swapgame I've found to be pretty awful.

I use the multiple list function on my package so that i get a film and a game at the same time, one list for films, one list for games, maybe you should try it.
  • shamblemonkee 9 Jun 2010 11:09:29 14,395 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No problems for me, been using them for a few months now (was on swapgame previously), I got Alan Wake and Split Second on their release days, I just put the two things i want at a time on high Priority, seems to work - and the service is a lot slicker than swapgame was.
  • Syrette 18 Aug 2010 18:57:11 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Are these lot any good these days for new releases?

Never used them before, considering signing up to a trial in time for Mafia 2. Likely to get it on or around release day?

• MrE26 18 Aug 2010 19:15:51 1,932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They've suddenly gone from sending me complete bollocks to my last 6 or so discs being high priority.

I think if you time it right & send your previous disc back the day before a new release comes out you've got a good chance of getting it.
  • Syrette 18 Aug 2010 19:19:19 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can you pre-order (as it were) unreleased games?

• SG 18 Aug 2010 19:19:22 1,896 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Byblos1 wrote:
    I honestly suspect they're showing the trialists a fair bit of favouritism.
    Hahahahahaha!

Do you think so?

Add me on Nintendo network! I'm 'Sy' or 'Sy_the_Brit_1982' (I've got US systems, hence 'the_Brit').

• MrE26 18 Aug 2010 19:24:25 1,932 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    foreverafternothing wrote:
    Can you pre-order (as it were) unreleased games?
    Yeah, they've got pre-release stuff on there. I got Crackdown 2 from them on release having added it months prior.
  • Syrette 20 Aug 2010 20:04:53 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    What's the deal with the free trials on this then?

See an option for a 14 day trial all over the site. Yet there's also a link for a 30 day trial there too, plus I'm aware of a code I can use to get 30 days free for me and 30 days free for a friend who referred me.

More to the point - can I definitely rent games using these trials? No point signing up to a 30 day trial if I can't rent games with it.

I really, really want to get Mafia 2 via them above anything as it'll be too short to warrant a buy and I'm too busy at work atm to rent it for a fixed term (a week might well not be enough time to complete it in the way things are looking).

Cheers.

• Chimpus 20 Aug 2010 20:08:00 751 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got a trial last year and rented games no problem
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Aug 2010 20:44:23 8,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I just did a 60 day trial, 3 rentals at a time including games. I have now joined properly / did not cancel after trial period ended.
  • Syrette 20 Aug 2010 20:51:20 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    How did you get on a 60 day trial?

• wobbler147 20 Aug 2010 21:07:50 5,139 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm currently on the 14 day trial with games and films, 15 quidco too!
  • PazJohnMitch 20 Aug 2010 21:10:38 8,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago

A friend of mine has been a member for years and he gave me a code.
  • Deleted user 20 August 2010 21:19:17

I've got a 60 day trial if you're after one.
  • Syrette 20 Aug 2010 21:24:25 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

Yes please! Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

• Deleted user 20 August 2010 21:42:12
    iHAZaCHEEZ3burger wrote:

Yes please! Would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

I'll have a look for it and pm sometime tonight or tomorrow morning.
  • Syrette 20 Aug 2010 21:45:56 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cheers dude.

• SilentTristero 20 Aug 2010 22:31:09 291 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    May actually try this, as well. Should have done a while ago, not sure why I haven't really.

I'll toss a few things I'm not desperate to play/see on the list and see how it goes.
  • sanctusmortis 20 Aug 2010 23:02:03 9,631 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really need to send back the stuff I've had for 2 months now...
  • Deleted user 22 August 2010 14:18:33
    Cheers dude.

I've pm'd you the code mate.

If anyone else fancies it, I have one 2month referral left.
  • Syrette 24 Aug 2010 20:38:15 43,528 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Really unhelpful site.

Apparently I can't use the aforementioned code (sorry about that ^), as a free trial has already been used by another member of this household, which I was not aware of. Which is fine I guess, it was in the terms and conditions which I never read.

However now I can't use my account at all, even just to set it to start paying them immediately.

Should be more intuitive than having to contact them in the hope that they'll allow a second account in the same household. Don't block my account, just don't send me anything till I start paying you.

• PazJohnMitch 24 Aug 2010 20:45:19 8,078 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really unhelpful site.

Apparently I can't use the aforementioned code (sorry about that ^), as a free trial has already been used by another member of this household, which I was not aware of. Which is fine I guess, it was in the terms and conditions which I never read.

However now I can't use my account at all, even just to set it to start paying them immediately.

Should be more intuitive than having to contact them in the hope that they'll allow a second account in the same household. Don't block my account, just don't send me anything till I start paying you.

Phone them up and tell them. They are pretty understandable and will probably give you a free trial over the phone.
  • Page

of 7 First / Last