of 79 First / Last

• FuzzyDuck 29 Nov 2012 21:44:36 4,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Super-thread-fixie-post.
  • itinkuravinalaff 29 Nov 2012 21:57:20 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Not overly keen on the graphics, too much motion blur even when walking, even when you stop the camera seems to take a second to focus! Making my eyes strain. Xbox
  • Aphex666 29 Nov 2012 22:05:56 151 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone who has this having an issue where there are icons on the map for unlockable containers but they aren't there when you reach the location. It's super annoying!
  • Maturin 29 Nov 2012 22:08:04 2,994 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aphex666 wrote:
    Anyone who has this having an issue where there are icons on the map for unlockable containers but they aren't there when you reach the location. It's super annoying!
    Yes I've had that. Bit annoying.
  • Aphex666 29 Nov 2012 22:08:22 151 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Never mind they're in a bloody cave underground.
  • Zerobob 29 Nov 2012 22:15:42 1,606 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Really enjoying the game so far and loving the sneaking around and stealth aspects, but I've got one niggle; the entire menu interface.

I'm used to it now, but does anyone else think the entire UI could be structured a lot better?

The 'Skills', 'Crafting' and 'Loot Rucksack' links should be stand-out central places in the menu, probably in a menu of their own, or at least look more important to the minor game options. Also it seems impossible to simply view the weapons you have, how much ammo each weapon has, and how many ammo magazines you're carrying. It's very important information.

Why not just have a split weapons/inventory view? Why can't the simple task of 'Crafting' be taken care of in your 'Loot Rucksack' view? Why do the same tips keep appearing on my screen, pestering me to press 'Start' all the time?
    Whhhyyy?! Back to the stealth killing.
  • Kovacs77 29 Nov 2012 22:30:50 365 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    waggy79 wrote:
    Hoping this unlocks on Uplay tomorrow. Then a lengthy install I guess... Anyone know how many gb?
    About 11gb, I think.
  • waggy79 29 Nov 2012 22:44:27 967 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks kovacs.
  • richardiox 29 Nov 2012 23:05:09 5,596 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Assassins Creed 3 showed Ubisoft really need to get their shit together when it comes to an actual usable UI.
  • Deleted user 29 November 2012 23:14:13
    Having a never ending deluge of tutorial tips when all I want is the bloody menu is a real joy. I'm assuming it only happens in the early part of the game but fuck me, is it annoying? Can't be turned off to my knowledge either.

Other than that I'm enjoying it so far. There is a bit of screen tear but it's not enough for me to get too bothered by. Story is a bit more involving and I really like the crafting element so far. AI is a bit suspect though, it feels like AI really hasn't advanced very far in general in the last ten years. Next gen needs to push things forward. Halo's elites still feel pretty advanced by comparison.
  • Pinky_Floyd 30 Nov 2012 01:03:19 7,896 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here is a little tip for you pc owners.  Turn water down to medium and watch your fps take a large boost, even when there is no water rendered on the screen.
  • GuiltySpark 30 Nov 2012 01:04:22 6,385 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Here is a little tip for you pc owners.  Turn water down to medium and watch your fps take a large boost, even when there is no water rendered on the screen.
    I'm not compromising, what do you think I am, a PS3 owner?

Get bent.

• Pinky_Floyd 30 Nov 2012 01:20:57 7,896 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    The engine is quite severely hobbled by the water detail even when no water is in sight.  I see a difference of about 20% in frame rate by turning it down to medium.

I'm just passing on what I found out, what you do with the info is entirely up to you ;) 
  • itinkuravinalaff 30 Nov 2012 02:50:20 191 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Right after the odd dodgy graphical anomaly and after playing 5 hours im bloody enjoying this immensely. Loads to do and the shooting is a lot better than far cry 2, also the driving. The stealth is a welcome addition too.
  • waggy79 30 Nov 2012 06:17:07 967 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    waggy79 wrote:
    Hoping this unlocks on Uplay tomorrow. Then a lengthy install I guess... Anyone know how many gb?
    For anyone wondering, it seems Ubi unlock at 6 am gmt. Downloading now :-)
  • FuzzyDuck 30 Nov 2012 06:51:10 4,127 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    C'mon 09:00 so i can head into town and pick this up (I'm such a dinosaur with my trip to the bricks'n'mortar shop!).
  • Rusty_M 30 Nov 2012 07:05:12 4,681 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    The engine is quite severely hobbled by the water detail even when no water is in sight.  I see a difference of about 20% in frame rate by turning it down to medium.

I'm just passing on what I found out, what you do with the info is entirely up to you ;) 
    Sounds like there could be water under the terrain (saves on polygons or something)

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• B0rked_Gamer 30 Nov 2012 07:20:52 2,679 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    PC version is frame skip central.
  • NOSAVIOUR 30 Nov 2012 08:09:46 2,804 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Screen tearing has never bothered me, and still doesn't but damn does this game have a lot. Doesn't detract from how much fun I'm having though.
  • krushing 30 Nov 2012 08:12:35 777 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    itinkuravinalaff wrote:the shooting is a lot better than far cry 2
    I actually felt that the shooting is very similar to that of FC2 - but the fact that the enemies actually die without sucking a box of bullets beforehand makes a world of difference.

Didn't get very far last night - just the first few story missions & two radio towers and a lot of small stuff around those...I do find it slightly odd how the setup during the intro sequence works pretty great to set the mood and then falls through the floor when you're set free in the countryside. Your friends are captured by bloodthirsty savage pirates? Fuck that noise, let's go jetski racing!
  • Maturin 30 Nov 2012 08:17:48 2,994 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Seeing an annoying bug this morning. Maybe it's related to the FC3 servers being currently unavailable.

If I go into the game menu when I go back to gameplay all the land has disappeared and everything is white. I have to quit to the main menu and reload a save to continue.

Edit: Checked the forums. Yes it's server related. Starting uplay in offline mode fixes it.

Also found out vsync is broken. Switched it off and got better frame rates.

Edited by Maturin at 08:37:18 30-11-2012
  • RedSparrows 30 Nov 2012 09:07:58 22,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That can't be right... can it?
  • Gambit1977 30 Nov 2012 09:11:39 9,651 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    10/10
  • Zizoo 30 Nov 2012 09:16:07 8,374 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That is ridiculous.

Better tell my brother to hold off buying the game until his net is working.
  • RedSparrows 30 Nov 2012 09:16:09 22,655 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why the hell? Well done Ubi.
  • Maturin 30 Nov 2012 09:17:42 2,994 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Goodfella wrote:
    V Sync doesn't even do anything on my PC, it's exactly the same whether on or off.

Man, they really should have given this some more testing, it needs another patch asap.
    At least with vysnc off I'm not noticing any tearing anyway. So it's not a major problem switching it off.

Just bought a bow and added a marksman sight. Went and cleared out the outpost north of your starting village. Good high vantage point for unseen arrow sniping. Wiped them out and got a stealth bonus. Excellent stuff. Bow and arrow stealthy kills for me in future.
  • Page

of 79 First / Last